UPDATES: SEASON GIFTING

Managing Editor

Dec 18, 2001, 11:00:05 AM12/18/01
GREETINGS,

It is that time of year again when we begin to think of winter cold and those in need.  For many of our Elders and children it is a time without the basic necessities, for others it is a struggle day to day with nothing left for any amenities whatsoever.

The Staff of Native News will be compiling a list of recipient organizations and individuals known and trusted who have participated in years past in assistance to our people.

For instance, is there a heating fuel fund for heating costs?  Current funds in some areas cover far less than the cost of one month in a season already much colder than last.

HEATING FUND

Emergency heating funds....the weather has turned sharply colder and it appears that it will be a much colder winter than the last few we have experienced creating an incredible hardship for many.

HEATING FUND

The regular emergency fund can also be used for fuel when needed. The money
in the fuel account is specifically used for that account.
    When donations are sent and the sender would like the amount or part of
the amount to be specifically applied to either the fuel account or the
regular, please write on note, check or money order which fund it is to go
to, please:-)  All records are kept of these transactions.

Address of ndn-aim fund
ndn-aim or ndn-aim fund
P.O. Box 1334
Rapid City,SD
57709

Thank you,:-)
Erth

TAX DEDUCTIBLE DONATIONS WITH ONE CLICK
Barefoot Connections
http://nativenewsonline.org/mission.htm

-==<+>==-SEASON OF GIFTING LIST-==<+>==

Please, if you can send toys to the following places. They are needed to make sure the children have Christmas presents. At this late date one's needs to send them directly to rez. If you are not sure which address are for the rez, you may write me off list. dfin...@setaim.com

List of address:
http://www.turtletrack.org/HelpSites.htm

You can help feed those in need this Holiday season with
just a click of your mouse. Visit the Donate Page by
clicking this link:
http://www.coolsavings.com/meals-i2a

Once there, click on the Meals On Wheels logo and
CoolSavings will donate $1 to a fund to feed the elderly
and homebound.

Please spread the word to your friends so they can
contribute as well!

Happy Holidays!

Mike Graham

-==<+>==-

The new address for the grocery store in PIne Ridge is

Sioux Nation Grocery Store
P.O. Box 602,
Pine Ridge,SD
57770
( also to have marked on the check or money order that it is for the Red
Cloud Building...........they are also seeing to it that others who need food
get it)

             Ph: 1-605-867-5821-------can call for the best directions to get
there. There are often different people there at different
times............schedules.

              Sioux Nation Grocery
              Ask for Dan..............manager
              605-867-5183....................at the end of message press 0
for manager

             The store is across the street and half a block down from the
Red Cloud Building.

             Erth
-----=<+>=------
 The Sioux YMCA, #1 YMCA Street, Dupree, South
Dakota 57623.  The phone number is:  (605) 365-5232.

Here is another address to send clothes:

Pine Ridge Sioux Indian Reservation
ATTN:  Michele Means
Porcupine Day School
Porcupine, SD 57772.

thanks, colleen

-==<+>==-

Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe Property & Supply
CO:  Rocky LeCompte
Box 590  Main St.
Eagle Butte, SD  57625
605-964-4767  ask for Rocky

Thank you again,

Gregg J. Bourland

-<+>-

The Adopt-A-Native-Elder Program
(note to be confused with the now defunct "adopt a Grandparent" program}
http://www.anelder.org/
exists to create a bridge of hope between Native Americans and other cultures. It allows us to reach out to one another, share our gifts, and mend the broken circle of our relationship with the Land and the Native Americans who hold it in sacred trust.

The Program supports the traditional Elders who live in the cultural and spiritual traditions of The Dine' People. Most live in remote portions of the Dine's (Navajo) reservation. Many live in traditional hogans, and some raise sheep as a means of maintaining themselves. The Program provides food, simple medicines, clothing, fabric and yarns to help these Elders live on the Land in their traditional lifestyle. As they have become elderly, it has become more difficult for them to support themselves on the Land in their traditional ways...

-==<+>==-

The Internet angel tree is up and running for 2000. Please stop by if you can.

http://rintintin.colorado.edu/~cameron/LakxotaKxoyag.html

-==<+>==-/\-==<+>==-

Please send information to contact other individuals and organizations who are sending much needed supplies and funds where needed.  Let us know if you have worked with them before successfully.
Many of our people face a bleak season far from home behind bars in the federal prison system..please send names, reading interests and contact information for a book drive.  Notice..in most cases "books" must come directly from the publishing companies.
thank you,
Staff Native News

Mike Putfus

Dec 19, 2001, 11:57:36 AM12/19/01
Hi Mike

Thank you
But please don't forget many need all the rest of the year also.

Mike