Robert Anton Wilson Memorial Weekend

Saint Mae

Jan 25, 2007, 5:11:44 PM1/25/07
http://rawremembered.blogspot.com/ is listing all the memorial events
for Robert Anton Wilson. My understanding is that in addition to the
events in California, there will be one in Toronto and one in
Vancouver, and possibly several others. If you know of any, contact me
at st...@discordian.com or the people at RAWRemembered. Thanks.

(Copied from the Discordian.com Updates email list with updates)

Hail Eris!

It's like KallistiCon, only sadder: the weekend traditionally known as
"President's Day Weekend" this February (16-19) will host at least
three Robert Anton Wilson memorial events in the San Francisco bay
area, not to mention several other Discordian events.

That weekend also hosts PantheaCon, a huge neo-Pagan convention in San
Jose, CA. This convention has long celebrated Discordianism with
rituals and presentations, and is where I will be spending much of my
weekend.

The memorials:

Saturday night is Discordian.com's annual PantheaCon Discordian ritual.
We'd planned a Papal Inauguration to formally install everyone as Pope,
and we feel that this is now more important than ever. We will also
honor RAW's memory and works in full Discordian style (uh, what that
means I'm still a little unsure, but I'll have it figured out - got any
ideas? email me). Here's the official description:

Discordian.com's Papal Inauguration & RAW Memorial

Every man, woman and child (and everyone else) is a Pope! And yet...
how many Papal Inaugurations have you attended? Too few! Come learn
what it means to commune with your pineal gland and get a shot at that
Papal infallibility you so deserve. Help put the fun back in funeral,
as we honor our departed mentor.

Sunday afternoon is the official Robert Anton Wilson Meme-Orial in
RAW's hometown of Santa Cruz, CA. Buy your tickets *now* before they
sell out - a bargain at $23 each. I've bought mine already, and if you
want to go, I suggest you get yours ASAP. No tickets will be sold after
Feb 1., and due to the limited number, they may be gone before then.
The url below has all the details and a link to buy tickets:

http://robertantonwilson.blogspot.com/2007/01/robert-anton-wilson-cosmic-meme-orial.html

Monday afternoon sometime is the PantheaCon RAW memorial run by the
PantheaCon staff. Robert Anton Wilson came to speak at PantheaCon for
several years in a row. This is where I gave him a Saint certificate in
1999, and also where I met a friend who has been instrumental in the
PantheaCon rituals since the beginning. These are people who knew Bob,
who had worked with him and talked with him many times, and I hope
everyone who can make it out this weekend can make it to their memorial
service too.

The weekend also promises other Discordian events including a
Discordian time travel ritual done by a good friend of mine on Sunday
night at PantheaCon, and a reprise of the presentation that Fox and I
did recently in Berlin on Discordianism & Culture Jamming (also Monday
afternoon).

You should be here for this. If you can make it, buy your tickets now
and come.

If you're coming, email me. If you're broke and need a place to stay,
talk to me and I'll see what I can do. I'll have more details in the
next few days, but I'll be working out a Discordian weekend guide and
phone list.

This is a party to wake the dead.

All hail Discordia!

-->St. Mae, Discordian.com<--

PS: If any of you are in the Toronto area, there will be a memorial
there on February 18th. Check out http://rawremembered.blogspot.com/
for all the details.

PPS: If you know of any other memorial services happening anywhere in
the world, email me and I'll pass it on.

PPPS: REPOST THIS NOTICE and get every Discordian here you possibly
can. Fnord!

CovvTseTung

Jan 25, 2007, 11:13:09 PM1/25/07
In article <1169763104.227483.195490
@l53g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, Saint Mae says...

> Sunday afternoon is the official Robert Anton Wilson Meme-Orial in
> RAW's hometown of Santa Cruz, CA. Buy your tickets *now* before they
> sell out - a bargain at $23 each. I've bought mine already, and if you
> want to go, I suggest you get yours ASAP. No tickets will be sold after
> Feb 1., and due to the limited number, they may be gone before then.
> The url below has all the details and a link to buy tickets:
>
> http://robertantonwilson.blogspot.com/2007/01/robert-anton-wilson-cosmic-meme-orial.html

Kewl. I'm jest over the hill in SillyCon Valley

> If you're coming, email me. If you're broke and need a place to stay,
> talk to me and I'll see what I can do. I'll have more details in the
> next few days, but I'll be working out a Discordian weekend guide and
> phone list.
>
> This is a party to wake the dead.
>
> All hail Discordia!

Moo-oo-oo-oo!!!!1!

http://www.surfingdeck.com/notb/star.html

> PPPS: REPOST THIS NOTICE and get every Discordian here you possibly
> can. Fnord!

Will do.

BTW, what's the 'scc' for?

--

'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
...PK

CovvTseTung

Jan 25, 2007, 11:17:19 PM1/25/07
In article <1169763104.227483.195490
@l53g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, Saint Mae says...

> http://rawremembered.blogspot.com/ is listing all the memorial events

So let it be written,
So let it be done!

Legume

Jan 26, 2007, 11:54:24 AM1/26/07
Saint Mae wrote:

> http://rawremembered.blogspot.com/ is listing all the memorial events
> for Robert Anton Wilson. My understanding is that in addition to the
> events in California, there will be one in Toronto and one in
> Vancouver, and possibly several others. If you know of any, contact me
> at st...@discordian.com or the people at RAWRemembered. Thanks.

I hosted a R.A.Wilson memorial this morning right after I woke up. Almost
clogged the toilet.
--
Dr. Legume