Texas Senate approves bill allowing Texans to carry guns for week after natural disasters: report

Leroy N. Soetoro

May 31, 2019, 6:19:41 PM5/31/19
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas-senate-approves-bill-allowing-
texans-to-carry-guns-for-week-after-natural-disasters-report

The Texas Senate on Sunday approved a bill that would allow any Texan who
can legally own a firearm to be able to carry it either open or concealed
for seven days after the state declares a natural disaster, The Dallas
Morning News reported.

The bill, which was narrowly passed 16-15, has been hotly contested. Three
Republicans voted against the measure, including Sen. Joan Huffman, R-
Houston. The paper reported that she questioned House Bill 1177’s effect
on policing after a powerful storm.

“It’s really, really poor public policy that is not well thought out,” she
said, according to the paper.

The bill has to be accepted by the House and will then be sent to
Republican Gov. Greg Abbott’s desk, The Texas Tribune reported. The bill
would take effect in September 2019.

The bill's sponsor, Rep. Dade Phelan, a Republican, said earlier that he
doesn't "want someone to feel like they have to leave their firearms back
in an unsecured home for a week or longer, and we all know how looting
occurs in storms. Entire neighborhoods are empty and these people can just
go shopping, and one of the things they’re looking for is firearms."

truck.

of the Obama presidency.

The Obama-led Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS)
approved Uranium One in fall 2010. With a little luck, we'll see
compulsive liar Hillary Clinton in jail before she dies.

The World According To Garp.

Obama increased total debt from $10 trillion to $20 trillion in the eight
years he was in office, and sold out heterosexuals for Hollywood queer
liberal democrat donors.

Just Wondering

May 31, 2019, 6:37:51 PM5/31/19
On 5/31/2019 4:19 PM, Leroy N. Soetoro wrote:
> https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas-senate-approves-bill-allowing-
> texans-to-carry-guns-for-week-after-natural-disasters-report
>
> The Texas Senate on Sunday approved a bill that would allow any Texan who
> can legally own a firearm to be able to carry it either open or concealed
> for seven days after the state declares a natural disaster, The Dallas
> Morning News reported.
>
> The bill, which was narrowly passed 16-15, has been hotly contested. Three
> Republicans voted against the measure, including Sen. Joan Huffman, R-
> Houston. The paper reported that she questioned House Bill 1177’s effect
> on policing after a powerful storm.
>
> “It’s really, really poor public policy that is not well thought out,” she
> said, according to the paper.
>
> The bill has to be accepted by the House and will then be sent to
> Republican Gov. Greg Abbott’s desk, The Texas Tribune reported. The bill
> would take effect in September 2019.
>
> The bill's sponsor, Rep. Dade Phelan, a Republican, said earlier that he
> doesn't "want someone to feel like they have to leave their firearms back
> in an unsecured home for a week or longer, and we all know how looting
> occurs in storms. Entire neighborhoods are empty and these people can just
> go shopping, and one of the things they’re looking for is firearms."

Meanwhile, at least fifteen states have "Constitutional Carry" laws;
their citizens don't need no steenkin' state-issued permission slips
to carry either open or concealed all the time. The sky has not yet
fallen in those states, and their streets do not flow with rivers of
blood.
https://www.gunlaws.com/ConstitutionalCarryIndex.htm

Klaus Schadenfreude

May 31, 2019, 6:42:58 PM5/31/19
On Fri, 31 May 2019 16:37:51 -0600, Just Wondering <J...@jw.com> wrote:

>> “It’s really, really poor public policy that is not well thought out,” she
>> said, according to the paper.

...said one looter. "You know, we don't get a whole helluva lot of
opportunities to ply our trade, and when a disaster like a hurricane
strikes, and cops are super busy, well, this is the chance of a
lifetime. Now, just because I'm carrying your TV out your front door
doesn't mean, you know, I'm STEALING it-- I'm just trying to watch the
news to see what's going on, and if they're handing out any free
stuff. So, I don't like this law."

Just Wondering

May 31, 2019, 7:17:51 PM5/31/19
On 5/31/2019 4:42 PM, Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:
That's a strange way of clipping stuff, clipping my post but
not my attribution, and clipping the other guy's attribution
but leaving part of his post.

Klaus Schadenfreude

May 31, 2019, 7:21:04 PM5/31/19
The other guy..... you mean the quote I made up?

Do you ACTUALLY think someone said that?

Interesting.

trotsky

Jun 1, 2019, 7:49:21 AM6/1/19
Excellent douchebag performance, Klaus!

Now try for something where you don't come of as a stupid asshole, I
dare yiou.

Byker

Jun 1, 2019, 8:00:30 AM6/1/19
"trotsky" wrote in message news:4DtIE.44645$gz4....@fx03.iad...

> Excellent douchebag performance, Klaus!
>
> Now try for something where you don't come of as a stupid asshole, I dare
> yiou.

I killfiled Klaus a long time ago. Like Rudy Canoza and Dr. Jai Maharaj, the
only reason I know he's still posting is because people keep responding to
his bullshit...

KlausSchadenfreude

Jun 2, 2019, 8:45:17 AM6/2/19
Kill filed by the inbred, glue-huffing, mouth-breather Byker! Whatever
SHALL I do?

LOL

Michael Ejercito

Jun 2, 2019, 12:49:42 PM6/2/19

"KlausSchadenfreude" wrote in message
Since when was he a mouth-breather?

Michael

---
https://www.avg.com

Klaus Schadenfreude

Jun 2, 2019, 1:30:46 PM6/2/19
On Sun, 2 Jun 2019 09:49:40 -0700, "Michael Ejercito"
<meje...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"KlausSchadenfreude" wrote in message

>>>I killfiled Klaus a long time ago. Like Rudy Canoza and Dr. Jai Maharaj,
>>>the
>>>only reason I know he's still posting is because people keep responding to
>>>his bullshit...
>
>>Kill filed by the inbred, glue-huffing, mouth-breather Byker! Whatever
>>SHALL I do?
>
>>LOL
>
> Since when was he a mouth-breather?

I imagine Byker's been a mouth-breather since the day he was born.

mouthbreather
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Mouthbreather
1. literally, someone who lacks enough intelligence that they never
learned to breathe through their nose.

2. a really dumb person.

HTH :)