Re: random stuff on writing woes

marika

Aug 7, 2008, 9:52:32 PM8/7/08
for my dad's birthday, my sister made reservations at Marsha Brown's that I
wrote about before

we made them for 3pm
she said they asked her if it was a special occassion, she said yes father's
birthday, and they asked her for his name so probably they will have a
little candle cake thing for him or something, she guessed? she didn't ask.

i called today and the same thing, they asked what occasion and I said,
mother's birthday. They do put a candle on whatever dessert that person
orders

the buthers are both eating ok it seems, even though ma still wasn't eating
much of anything solid before tato's birthday

but now, she's been falling, cracked her skulll open, she takes something
like neuroleption

says it makes her dizzy

"marika" <marik...@gmail.com> wrote in message news:...
> the last time I came home it was for tato's birthday in May
>
> he had just got out of the hospital
>
> before I came, my sister noticed on sunday before that his lips were
> no longer blue, she was relieved because she thought he was having
> cyanosis from something, but she then shelved that concern
>
> he looks and sounds so much better today
>
> my sister also added that they were beside themselves, thrilled, when
> they told her I surprised them with a visit on mother's day when I
> suprised them when Mary and I swung by. that did a world of good for both
> of them.
>
> my sister complains that my other sister does't visit/call once in a
> while, too, to cheer him up. she sort of laid into her a little about it
> last month, because she told her she didn't feel it was necessary to call
> tato when he was in the hospital, because "He sounds fine, and somebody
> would call her if anything went wrong". my sister answered Does that mean
> somebody needs to die for you to call? she doesn't understand her. Never
> will. And it bothers me alot, for some reason. that they don't
> understand one another. i don't have the energy to go see my aunt for the
> same reason
>

> "marika" <marik...@gmail.com> wrote in message news:...
>> my sister tells me that in contrast to my aunt's spam, yeah she tells me
>> my father reads almost everything i send him
>> she said she knows he enjoys all of it
>>
>> she rarely emails him
>>
>> she leans more towards calls and visits than emails..... but she lives
>> closer so it's easier to just swing by
>> and she know ma doesn't read emails so she calls her all the time... she
>> can kill an hour on the phone, just talkin about plants
>>
>> this doesn't interest me though.
>>
>> My mother and I spend a lot of time on other things.
>>
>> Today she spent the entire day making me look up possible meanings for
>> the word derkach, seemingly mixing it up with dyatel'
>>
>> the first is apparently used for the crake and the rail, the other for
>> the woodpecker
>>
>> "marika" <marik...@gmail.com> wrote in message news:...
>>> I'm home this week and trying to get the gumption to call my aunt the
>>> spammer.
>>>
>>> a few weeks ago she called my parents because it had been a while since
>>> she spoke to my mother and she
>>>
>>> wanted to see if she was feeling better. she had been mostlly in bed
>>> for over a week . her left foot is
>>>
>>> very swollen and every bone hurts she can hardly stand on it . and when
>>> she lies down too long she gets
>>>
>>> all congested.its a mess. she was going to wait until next week to let
>>> me know about things as she goes to see
>>>
>>> the doctor .on Monday about the hernias , and tuesday for the breathing
>>> test. her friend Franny is taking
>>>
>>> her . she might need help to get from the car to the office. otherwise
>>> she says she is fine, her landlord said not to worry
>>>
>>> he is taking good care of her. she just might be able to make it to see
> [...]

marika

Aug 7, 2008, 9:55:30 PM8/7/08
i wonder if my aunt is finished all her tests already. she complained she
is falling apart and hasn't been feeling well since last year

marika

Aug 7, 2008, 9:59:59 PM8/7/08
Mary's daughter told her that she is going to be in Philadelphia for
"Mother's Day Weekend" - I wrote that up pretty much here back in May.

so we planned to go out there to meet her. The plans were flexible (of
course). we drove -- Saturday morning. We went to see the the Frank Lloyd
Wright's synagog and a few founding fathers high points, and or coursea few
other musts.

It was such a good opportunity to go see my parents and surprise them
because they had been in the hospital the week before

marika

Aug 7, 2008, 10:05:34 PM8/7/08
apparently my mother on a Monday evening in May got fever (102.+),tylenol
wasn't helping my father took her to "emergency",
they did blood tests and did all sorts of other tests through 4 am. they
let her go home because they couldn't find anything. but the fever fell and
they just said she should tell her family doctor. the next day though she
got the fever again. and bad stomach pains. she had an appointment with
her family doctor on Friday but she was spiking a terrible fever Wednesday

he called the doctor but his staff said to wait

but then, on Thursday "emergency" called and said they had cultured
something really deadly

so dad took her to the hospital, where he had just come from himself

so they gave her antibiotics and ivs. she wasn't allowed to eat solid food
and she had to stay f48 hours under watch.

It was really weird, she still can't articulate what they said is wrong.