Holden Caulfield-me do

James Lyon

Aug 16, 2001, 8:42:14 AM8/16/01
Branch: he is you. Possibly.

Mr and Mrs Julien Frankel

Aug 16, 2001, 9:15:18 AM8/16/01
"James Lyon" <j.a....@sms.ed.ac.uk> wrote in message
news:953d468b.01081...@posting.google.com...

> Branch: he is you. Possibly.

No, desiring a lesbian is someone else's bane. And, like, what the FUCK does
that bint have stuck in her throat? A bit of cock?

Branch-me-do

Aug 16, 2001, 9:24:27 AM8/16/01
On 16 Aug 2001 05:42:14 -0700, j.a....@sms.ed.ac.uk (James Lyon)
wrote:

>Branch: he is you. Possibly.

I have no idea who he is. Also, you must return to London tomorrow,
you.

Trousers

Aug 16, 2001, 10:25:09 AM8/16/01
Who hell Branch-me-do ? He say....

> On 16 Aug 2001 05:42:14 -0700, j.a....@sms.ed.ac.uk (James Lyon)
> wrote:
>
> >Branch: he is you. Possibly.
>
> I have no idea who he is.

I cuss you this much : A lot

Catcher in the rye.

This, One Flew over the Cuckoo's nest, 1984, Marshall Law - Fear and
Loathing and Watchmen all fight over bestest book that I have read.

--
Trousers
www.boomshankers.com

Mentski

Aug 16, 2001, 12:02:04 PM8/16/01

"Mr and Mrs Julien Frankel" <ben.godber...@btinternet.com> wrote in
message news:9lgh4f$9cmn5$1...@ID-85240.news.dfncis.de...

> "James Lyon" <j.a....@sms.ed.ac.uk> wrote in message
> > Branch: he is you. Possibly.
>
> No, desiring a lesbian is someone else's bane.

behh.

'Ski

--
http://www.mentski.co.uk - nice... Really
Email: mentskiATbtinternetDOTcom

Jammo

Aug 16, 2001, 12:04:40 PM8/16/01

You are thinking of Holden McNeil.

Mr and Mrs Julien Frankel

Aug 16, 2001, 12:45:25 PM8/16/01
"Jammo" <ab...@respectthepussy.com> wrote in message

> You are thinking of Holden McNeil.

Then who the fuck is Holden Caulfield?

And what sort of stupid name is Holden anyway? They make cars.

"Hello, this is my son Vauxhall Brocmeadow"

ronny_magic

Aug 16, 2001, 2:17:39 PM8/16/01
"Mr and Mrs Julien Frankel" <ben.godber...@btinternet.com> posted
this! and it was great!

> "Jammo" <ab...@respectthepussy.com> wrote in message
>> You are thinking of Holden McNeil.
>
> Then who the fuck is Holden Caulfield?

The protagonist of A catcher in the rye by JD Salinger.

> And what sort of stupid name is Holden anyway? They make cars.

Smith called the characters Holden and Banky in tribute to the book.

--
ronny_magic

ICQ: 82601633

Branch-me-do

Aug 16, 2001, 4:18:07 PM8/16/01
On Thu, 16 Aug 2001 15:25:09 +0100, Trousers
<trou...@boomshankers.SPAMISBADMMMKAY.com> wrote:

>I cuss you this much : A lot
>
>Catcher in the rye.

AHA, that's riiight! I remember now. You crummy guy.

>This, One Flew over the Cuckoo's nest, 1984, Marshall Law - Fear and
>Loathing and Watchmen all fight over bestest book that I have read.

I have only read One Flew Over the Cuckoo's nest out of those. It
0wnz'd.

Tinman

Aug 16, 2001, 6:11:58 PM8/16/01

ronny_magic wrote

> The protagonist of A catcher in the rye by JD Salinger.
>
> > And what sort of stupid name is Holden anyway? They make cars.
>
> Smith called the characters Holden and Banky in tribute to the book.

I would have believed everyone over 16 would have read that book.

I guess I was wrong.

--
Tinman

Trousers

Aug 17, 2001, 3:07:07 AM8/17/01
Who hell Branch-me-do ? He say....
> On Thu, 16 Aug 2001 15:25:09 +0100, Trousers
> <trou...@boomshankers.SPAMISBADMMMKAY.com> wrote:
>
> >I cuss you this much : A lot
> >
> >Catcher in the rye.
>
> AHA, that's riiight! I remember now. You crummy guy.

That's him - and this..

"Modern science would still like to know what the secret ingredients were
that the Egyptians used when they wrapped up dead people so that their
faces would not rot for innumerable centuries"

I like that

> >This, One Flew over the Cuckoo's nest, 1984, Marshall Law - Fear and
> >Loathing and Watchmen all fight over bestest book that I have read.
>
> I have only read One Flew Over the Cuckoo's nest out of those. It
> 0wnz'd.

It does 0wn indeed and much more so than the film.

I'm sure the Rev can tell you how grate Watchmen is. Marshall Law follows
the same theme as the likes of Watchmen, Dark Night Returns and Killing
Joke where the Heroes and Villains are almost indistinguishable and most
definitely fallible.

Everyone should read 1984 but NEVER EVER watch the film. It is also
perfectly acceptable to skip through Orwell's political blethering in the
middle which he calls "The Book". "The Shit" more like

--
Trousers
www.boomshankers.com

James Lyon

Aug 17, 2001, 5:29:32 AM8/17/01
Branch-me-do <loo...@a.blank.screen.com> wrote in message news:<sbinnt069mh96kqt5...@4ax.com>...

But I've been in London since last Saturday.

Tinman

Aug 17, 2001, 7:21:08 AM8/17/01

Trousers wrote

> Everyone should read 1984 but NEVER EVER watch the film. It is also
> perfectly acceptable to skip through Orwell's political blethering in the
> middle which he calls "The Book". "The Shit" more like.

I'd say I enjoyed Animal Farm, and Homage to Catalonia just as much.

And if everyone had to read 1984, then they should read Brave New World as
well, because that's pretty ace too. And they could watch the film, because
it's practically word for word for the book, and is pretty well acted, so
not bad.

--
Tinman

Ken Manson

Aug 17, 2001, 8:50:07 AM8/17/01
"Trousers" <trou...@boomshankers.SPAMISBADMMMKAY.com> wrote in message

> Who hell Branch-me-do ? He say....
> > On Thu, 16 Aug 2001 15:25:09 +0100, Trousers
> > <trou...@boomshankers.SPAMISBADMMMKAY.com> wrote:
> >
> > >I cuss you this much : A lot
> > >
> > >Catcher in the rye.
> >
> > AHA, that's riiight! I remember now. You crummy guy.
>
> That's him - and this..
>
> "Modern science would still like to know what the secret ingredients were
> that the Egyptians used when they wrapped up dead people so that their
> faces would not rot for innumerable centuries"
>
> I like that
>
> > >This, One Flew over the Cuckoo's nest, 1984, Marshall Law - Fear and
> > >Loathing and Watchmen all fight over bestest book that I have read.
> >
> > I have only read One Flew Over the Cuckoo's nest out of those. It
> > 0wnz'd.
>
> It does 0wn indeed and much more so than the film.
>
> I'm sure the Rev can tell you how grate Watchmen is. Marshall Law follows
> the same theme as the likes of Watchmen, Dark Night Returns and Killing
> Joke where the Heroes and Villains are almost indistinguishable and most
> definitely fallible.

Watchmen is most certainly the greatest thing ever. If I may, I recommend
to you The
Ballad of Halo Jones by the same author, and Goldfish by Brian Michael
Bendis which, while not being as famous, is still a damn good story.
Comics-pushing-me-do!

Ken

Trousers

Aug 17, 2001, 9:16:33 AM8/17/01
Who hell Ken Manson ? He say....

I shall now look these up.

and V for Vendetta which I have been meaning to read since I heard of its
merits in "Can U dig It" by the long forgotten Pop Will East Itself......

http://pweination.org/info/media/features/pweipr47.html

--
Trousers
www.boomshankers.com

Rev. Owen Allaway

Aug 17, 2001, 9:23:05 AM8/17/01
I read a message that "Trousers" wrote. I shall now write a reply...

> I'm sure the Rev can tell you how grate Watchmen is.

It's probably my third favourite "collected standalone comics story" of all
time. It's very re-readable, so much so that it's more or less impossible
to get the full effect when you read it first time. It's an amazing
achievement and it is hugely enjoyable, but I still don't think it's the
greatest thing ever. Quite.

My second favourite is The Dark Knight Returns, the sequel to which should
be out in the next year or so. But my very favourite is Batman: Year One,
which doesn't do much to redefine the medium of comics, but does tell a
damn good story.

> Marshall Law
> follows the same theme as the likes of Watchmen, Dark Night Returns
> and Killing Joke where the Heroes and Villains are almost
> indistinguishable and most definitely fallible.

Marshall Law is more or less the Spitting Image version of the more serious
takes on the subject. I must read it again some time.

--
Related Keywords -
Batman, digi, Ryoko, Guinness, sci-fi, Houston, Stortford, DVD, JC007,

Rev. Owen Allaway

Aug 17, 2001, 9:24:21 AM8/17/01
I read a message that "Ken Manson" wrote. I shall now write a reply...

> Brian Michael
> Bendis

Yes. Bendis is excellent. Pretty much anything is probably going to be
excellent, but I've not read it all yet, so there might some rubbish stuff
out there.

Trousers

Aug 17, 2001, 9:49:10 AM8/17/01
Who hell Rev. Owen Allaway ? He say....

> I read a message that "Trousers" wrote. I shall now write a reply...
>
> > I'm sure the Rev can tell you how grate Watchmen is.
>
> It's probably my third favourite "collected standalone comics story" of all
> time. It's very re-readable, so much so that it's more or less impossible
> to get the full effect when you read it first time. It's an amazing
> achievement and it is hugely enjoyable, but I still don't think it's the
> greatest thing ever. Quite.
>
> My second favourite is The Dark Knight Returns, the sequel to which should
> be out in the next year or so. But my very favourite is Batman: Year One,
> which doesn't do much to redefine the medium of comics, but does tell a
> damn good story.

Here is my sad story about both of those books :-

I went to a party and ended up a bit pissed and stoned. I then took an
enormously fat woman back to my house and sexx0red her. The following
morning (Saturday) I had to go into work and my mate turned up at the
house and my flatmate, no doubt finding it very funny, sent him upstairs
to see me in bed with the big lady from the previous night. I told him to
go without me and I would arrive later.

When I finally arrived at work it was to a chorus of "thaaarrr she
blows". After work I returned to my house to find the corpulent form of
last night's conquest still there. Gripped with fear I burbled on for a
bit about all sorts and she asked if she could borrow my Batman books
which she had been reading as she found them "self depreciating"(sic).

In my haste I to get shot of her I said yes and was never able to go back
to get them.

Year one is absolutely top I agree and the fact that it was done so well
means that no more should every fucking Batman story ever have to have an
origins bit again with his parents getting shot AGAIN.

The Dark Knight Returns is so good that combined with the greatness of
Year One I can forgive Frank Miller for Robocop 2

> > Marshall Law
> > follows the same theme as the likes of Watchmen, Dark Night Returns
> > and Killing Joke where the Heroes and Villains are almost
> > indistinguishable and most definitely fallible.
>
> Marshall Law is more or less the Spitting Image version of the more serious
> takes on the subject. I must read it again some time.

Yes you must.

--
Trousers
www.boomshankers.com

Rev. Owen Allaway

Aug 17, 2001, 9:55:45 AM8/17/01
I read a message that "Trousers" wrote. I shall now write a reply...

> Year one is absolutely top I agree and the fact that it was done so

> well means that no more should every fucking Batman story ever have to
> have an origins bit again with his parents getting shot AGAIN.

There was a very nice double-page spreaad in one of the issues of No Mans
Land that did it well. Generally, however, I totally agree.

> The Dark Knight Returns is so good that combined with the greatness of
> Year One I can forgive Frank Miller for Robocop 2

Muhh. Yes. I also like his Sin City stuff a lot and 300 was fucking
excellent, even though it had a couple of Americanisms that sounded really
out of place.

Bydlo

Aug 17, 2001, 11:21:24 AM8/17/01
On Fri, 17 Aug 2001 14:16:33 +0100, Trousers
<trou...@boomshankers.SPAMISBADMMMKAY.com> wrote:

>and V for Vendetta which I have been meaning to read since I heard of its
>merits in "Can U dig It" by the long forgotten Pop Will East Itself......

Or the better-known Pop Will Eat Itself, even.
Dunno about 'long forgotten'. Mr. Mansell is doing fine film scores
and Bentley Rhythm Ace are doing quite well.

-
Be seeing you

Trousers

Aug 17, 2001, 12:35:39 PM8/17/01
Who hell Bydlo ? He say....

> On Fri, 17 Aug 2001 14:16:33 +0100, Trousers
> <trou...@boomshankers.SPAMISBADMMMKAY.com> wrote:
>
> >and V for Vendetta which I have been meaning to read since I heard of its
> >merits in "Can U dig It" by the long forgotten Pop Will East Itself......
>
> Or the better-known Pop Will Eat Itself, even.

Mohh - them also

> Dunno about 'long forgotten'. Mr. Mansell is doing fine film scores
> and Bentley Rhythm Ace are doing quite well.

Yes but as PWEI they are no longer around.

--
Trousers
www.boomshankers.com

Bydlo

Aug 17, 2001, 12:38:58 PM8/17/01
On Fri, 17 Aug 2001 17:35:39 +0100, Trousers
<trou...@boomshankers.SPAMISBADMMMKAY.com> wrote:

>> Dunno about 'long forgotten'. Mr. Mansell is doing fine film scores
>> and Bentley Rhythm Ace are doing quite well.
>
>Yes but as PWEI they are no longer around.

Most sadly true.

-
Be seeing you

James Lyon

Aug 17, 2001, 1:09:20 PM8/17/01
Branch-me-do <loo...@a.blank.screen.com> wrote in message news:<sbinnt069mh96kqt5...@4ax.com>...

Shit, then: james...@hotmail.com if you want.

Mr and Mrs Julien Frankel

Aug 17, 2001, 1:20:15 PM8/17/01
"Tinman" <Tin...@portalofevil.com> wrote in message

I think I was supposed to for GCSEs, but I read Brighton Rock instead. Still
got an A* though, grade fans.

American "cult/essential/start-of-our-culture" literature bores the fuck out
of me. It's all full of funny black people who work for nothing and slack
jawed yokels with no shoes.

Branch-me-do

Aug 17, 2001, 5:38:11 PM8/17/01
On 17 Aug 2001 10:09:20 -0700, j.a....@sms.ed.ac.uk (James Lyon)
wrote:

>Shit, then: james...@hotmail.com if you want.

TOO LATE, CUNTY.

Branch-me-do

Aug 17, 2001, 5:38:39 PM8/17/01
On Fri, 17 Aug 2001 08:07:07 +0100, Trousers
<trou...@boomshankers.SPAMISBADMMMKAY.com> wrote:

>That's him - and this..
>
>"Modern science would still like to know what the secret ingredients were
>that the Egyptians used when they wrapped up dead people so that their
>faces would not rot for innumerable centuries"

My favourite bit was at the end when he's complaining how everywhere
you look someone has written 'fuck you' on the wall.

Ken Manson

Aug 17, 2001, 3:37:40 PM8/17/01
"Rev. Owen Allaway" <oall...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I read a message that "Trousers" wrote. I shall now write a reply...
>
> > Year one is absolutely top I agree and the fact that it was done so
> > well means that no more should every fucking Batman story ever have to
> > have an origins bit again with his parents getting shot AGAIN.
>
> There was a very nice double-page spreaad in one of the issues of No Mans
> Land that did it well. Generally, however, I totally agree.
>
> > The Dark Knight Returns is so good that combined with the greatness of
> > Year One I can forgive Frank Miller for Robocop 2
>
> Muhh. Yes. I also like his Sin City stuff a lot and 300 was fucking
> excellent, even though it had a couple of Americanisms that sounded really
> out of place.

How many Sin City collections are there? And which one (s) would you
recommend most? I'd be interested to read some cos of good reviews I've
read and I like the look of it in general, however I am a bit short of cash
at the moment, so I might not want to get
them all.

Ken

Rev. Owen Allaway

Aug 17, 2001, 6:20:10 PM8/17/01
I read a message that "Ken Manson" wrote. I shall now write a reply...

> How many Sin City collections are there? And which one (s) would you
> recommend most? I'd be interested to read some cos of good reviews
> I've read and I like the look of it in general, however I am a bit
> short of cash at the moment, so I might not want to get
> them all.

I'm not sure and its been ages since I read any of them. I enjoyed them
all, but the one that springs immediately to mind is That Yellow Bastard.
It might just be an idea to look on Amazon and pick them up in order of
their publication date.

James Lyon

Aug 18, 2001, 8:11:43 AM8/18/01
Branch-me-do <loo...@a.blank.screen.com> wrote in message news:<ql3rnt41d72ab284b...@4ax.com>...

Mehh. Stop telling me to hang around in London, then. I've got things
to do. Well, not so much do. And not so much things. Well...yeah.

Just for that,I'm coming to the Cardiff meet (if I can afford it).

Glyndwr

Aug 18, 2001, 8:28:11 AM8/18/01
James Lyon scribbled:

> Just for that,I'm coming to the Cardiff meet (if I can afford it).

You've got until October to save, and it won't cost much anyway. We
won't spend hundreds of pounds in supermarkets this time.

--
-=G=-
Web: http://www.fscked.co.uk ICQ: 66545073

Sergio Marmaduke Ullysses Thrippleton

Aug 18, 2001, 11:15:21 AM8/18/01

Tinman wrote in message ...

I have long known what the book is about but cannot bring myself to read it.
This is because of the suggestive leering of a grotesque 40-something woman, who
used to tell me "Catcher in the Rye" was her favourite book when I was in my
early teens. Eeeughh she was grim.

Just thinking about it makes me nauseous. I'll never read that book.

Stewlarts

Aug 18, 2001, 7:51:02 PM8/18/01
"Glyndwr" wrote:

> You've got until October to save, and it won't cost much anyway. We
> won't spend hundreds of pounds in supermarkets this time.

Bah.

Glyndwr

Aug 19, 2001, 5:31:44 AM8/19/01
Stewlarts scribbled:

Typical meet conundrum: how to please mutually contradictive people?

Branch-me-do

Aug 19, 2001, 9:11:43 AM8/19/01
On Sun, 19 Aug 2001 09:31:44 GMT, glynF...@FSCKdeleteEmeD.co.uk
(Glyndwr) wrote:

>Typical meet conundrum: how to please mutually contradictive people?

Step one: Don't play an endless game of Bust-a-Move 4 followed by an
endless game of Jet Grind Radio.

Glyndwr

Aug 19, 2001, 9:32:37 AM8/19/01
Branch-me-do scribbled:

You were at Bust A Move for FUCKING HOURS. I honestly thought you might
play for the rest of your lives, which would have been another ten
minutes until Ben, Steph or myself killed one of you to save our sanity.

David Bulmer

Aug 22, 2001, 9:06:53 PM8/22/01

"Glyndwr" <glynF...@FSCKdeleteEmeD.co.uk> wrote in message

> Branch-me-do scribbled:
> > On Sun, 19 Aug 2001 09:31:44 GMT, glynF...@FSCKdeleteEmeD.co.uk
> > (Glyndwr) wrote:
> >
> >>Typical meet conundrum: how to please mutually contradictive people?
> >
> > Step one: Don't play an endless game of Bust-a-Move 4 followed by an
> > endless game of Jet Grind Radio.
>
> You were at Bust A Move for FUCKING HOURS. I honestly thought you might
> play for the rest of your lives, which would have been another ten
> minutes until Ben, Steph or myself killed one of you to save our sanity.

It's stupid isn't it.

"Dave, can we have a go at your Bubbles?"

"What?"

"With the coloured bubbles."

"Oh FFS. Okay, but I'm trying to kick back with a bag of crisps and go
through reams of alt.digi posts so make it quick."

"Yaaaay."

FIVE HOURS LATER

"Look just fuck off, the lot of you."

"Ha haa, you are a kidder Dave."

"I'M NOT KIDDING, FUCK OFF."

"Haa"

"FFS"

"Bingy Ploopy Fruit!"

"NO, it's... oh wait, the bit of music's not even on yet. Hang on... here we
go, it's BINGY-BANGY-BOINGY-FRUIT. And you have to do it when the music goes
down like that, that's where it fits, STUPID. God, it's not even that
important, you make out like it's my party piece or something."

"Dave, sing your Rubber Chicken song again."

"Fuck off."

"Pleeeease?"

"AARGH."

And then I kick the bastards out.

Fucking students.

-
Buml0r

David Bulmer

Aug 22, 2001, 9:03:18 PM8/22/01

"Branch-me-do" <loo...@a.blank.screen.com> wrote in message

Oh man! I'd have liked that as well.

I obviously missed the wrong meet.

-
Buml0r

David Bulmer

Aug 22, 2001, 8:59:53 PM8/22/01

"Ken Manson" <ken.man...@MAPSntlworld.com> wrote in message

> If I may, I recommend to you The
> Ballad of Halo Jones by the same author,

There was a stage play of that on just near me a few months ago, which I
completely failed to go to, but I regret it now after meeting the director
and having a right laugh taking the piss out of one of the girl downstairs'
mates who would not shut u about the most inane things interrupting every
spoken clause with some vaguely philosophical but completely point-missing
bollocks.

In fact, if you imagine the spoken equivalent of when I flood the group with
shit for no reason.

-
Buml0r

David Bulmer

Aug 22, 2001, 9:02:50 PM8/22/01

> Stewlarts scribbled:
> > "Glyndwr" wrote:
> >> You've got until October to save, and it won't cost much anyway. We
> >> won't spend hundreds of pounds in supermarkets this time.
> >
> > Bah.
>
> Typical meet conundrum: how to please mutually contradictive people?

That's why I never turn up, or even offer to. How to please a group of
people who mutually want to smack my face in?

-
Buml0r

David Bulmer

Aug 22, 2001, 9:09:07 PM8/22/01

"Branch-me-do" <loo...@a.blank.screen.com> wrote in message

Down the road from my flat at Uni there's all this graffitti, the usual
sort, "DAVY GR00NS", "IS SHIT" and "MANDY LET ME HAVE A LITTLE LOOK DOWN HER
PANTS HERE 12/3/97" and stuff like that, but then further up there's a
building devoid of any graffitti at all, apart from the simple message
"POO".

I reckon that does the job.

Poo.

-