[s 6] FluffyRocker's World Tour

1 view

Punk Bunny!

Nov 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/16/99
PunkBunny kept reminding herself not to bite the steel bar in her
tongue -- something she always did when she was nervous.

The morning after the tour had arrived in Linden Hill Warren, a stagepaw
sighted two scary looking buns in leather at the mover platform. Chances
were that the two spuds who tried to crash backstage in CornWarren were
still following FluffyRocker around. Whatever they wanted, if they'd been
sticking with him since Denver, it looked bad for the Rocker. Which was
just *not* going to happen.

"Hey, chick!", FluffyRocker called from one end of the mover station.
Separated from the rest of the tour. Where he wasn't supposed to be.
Alone...except for a dozen or so squirrels.

PB galloped over, ready to kick tail.

"Relax, chick," the Rocker said when he saw PB's expression. "I'm just
taking in the local color."

The doe's eyes tried to bore through her sunglasses. "Color? Rocker,"
she said in a low voice through gritted teeth, "You're surrounded by bad
attitudes with bushy tails."

FluffyRocker smiled at the swarm of rodents. "They're a local singing
group, PB. I'm just picking up a new sound, that's all." Ignoring the
doe's angry stare, he tipped an ear towards a small grey squirrel.
"Go ahead, Sparky, show me what you've got."

The smallest one chittered, calling the rest of the group together
in a quick huddle of high-pitched whispers and nervously flicking
tails. Then the rodents broke apart, surrounding the rabbits again.

"I thought it mattered!", the little grey one screeched, as the
others began chittering some kind of time. "I thought that *cuteness*
mattered! But does it, bollocks!"

"We'll be chittering...when we're winning..." the others began to
harmonize. Then PB's ears shot back as a dozen squirrels stamped their
feet, and started shouting into the circle towards the two bunnies.

"We get knocked down! ...But we climb up again!
Yeah, you're never gonna keep us down!
We get knocked down! ...But we climb up again!
Yeah, you're never gonna keep us down!
We get knocked down! ...But we climb up again!
Yeah, you're never gonna keep us down!"

PB was horrified. "Rocker!" she tried to shout above the noise,
"You're hanging with squirrel REVOLUTIONARIES!"

"Really?", the buck yelled back. "Cool beat, though, ain't it?"

"He cracks an acorn shell, he cracks a walnut shell,
He cracks a peanut shell, he cracks a chestnut shell!
He hides a stash to unbury for his loved ones,
He hides a stash to unbury when the sun comes!"

"Oh, Rocket J...Rocket J...Rocket Jaaaaaayyyy...", the little one
wailed.

"WE GET KNOCKED DOWN!..."

"Rocker, GET OUT OF HERE!", Punkbunny roared. Biting the buck
by the scruff of the neck, she dragged him over several squirrels, still
stamping their feet and screaming at the tops of their lungs. The
high-pitched mob kept with the pair until they reached the tour bus, where
Jack and Elmer blocked the squirrels path, grinning.

Inside, PB threw FluffyRocker into a sleeping pallet. "You trying to
billy yourself cold, spud?"

"I'm bored and lonely, PB", he said softly. "It can't hurt to meet
my fans, can it?"

"Two of your fans *aced* somebun last night, doof!"

"Those weren't fans of mine. I know enough to avoid psychos, PB."

"Well, you're staying here 'till the concert tomorrow. Get comfy."

"Tomorrow!?", he said, raising his voice.

"Chick'll slip a pizza and a groupie under the door for ya."

"I'm going to go stir crazy."

"It's for your own good!"

"That's what they told the tomcat before his operation!"

PB fluffed herself, and backed towards the door. "Chick has work to do.
Stay here!"

"I will!"

"Or else!"

"All right!"

"Stay coo!"

"Don't always try to get the last word!"

"Chick won't!", she said, slamming the door behind her.

Rocker gritted his teeth, watching through the window as PB disappeared
into the emerging crowd of stagebuns. Once she was out of sight, he
reached up to disengage the emergency hatch on the mover's roof.

--
PUNK Bunny!! "SPAM the world, and *Mosh On Meat*!"