[s 17] FluffyRocker's World Tour

Wynn and PB

Nov 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/19/99
"Bantered through September, drowned out all the trolls,
I was feeling kind of tired with the War.
Kyrie tried to philosophize, cutey playing roles,
and she drove the Fudds to suicidal roars..."

Start it off soft, and build...that's the way Fluffyrocker liked to
do his concerts. It was also a good way to do a soundcheck in a hall
he'd never played. Pawing his guitar through the first verse, he could
already tell the acoustics were fine in Algonquin Cavern; his voice sounded
clear and strong coming through the cavern's speakers. His audience seemed
to be enjoying herself, too.

"I missed a couple days, found 300 new responses,
With Saak and Tinsel joining in the fray.
Newsgroup topics intertwined, I could not catch up in time,
and Tinsel kept on posting every day..."

He smiled at the taffy lop in the stands. Wynn distracted him so
easily. Sometimes, especially with easy riffs like this song, he could
let his mind wander...but he could tell that with Wynn in the audience it
was going to be tough not to do the entire concert on autopilot.

"Banter's just another word for taking what you can.
Taking all the easy lines that they leave free.
All the lines were easy, lord, from the minds of man,
and easy ones were good enough for me.
Good enough to banter with Saak and TT!"

He needed to concentrate, though. By the third or fourth song in
a concert the audience should feel the energy building, until the hall
became delirious with the music. That's the way Rocker did his concerts.
It wouldn't work if he wasn't paying attention.

Wynn waved, and while smiling back at her he missed the next chord. So
much for concentration.

"From the Kit-killing whitewash to the New Genetics Thread,
Saak and Kevin brought each other lots of grief.
Ignoring any logic, both too hard of head,
with TT helping, as the comic relief..."

Maybe he could make it more personal...bring the energy level down just
a bit. Fuel the concert with his feelings for Wynn, sing the songs to just
her, and make it more of an intimate show. He wondered if he could do
that; wondered if the audience would respond.

"One day I couldn't take no more, I had to mark them read,
just couldn't handle every post in time.
But I'd trade in all the spammers for one single Ethics Thread,
to be reading Saak and one of her straight lines...

He wondered if feeling this way about a doe was a smart thing to do.
Looked like an interesting concert ahead...

...then the acoustics died completely, as power to the stage failed. A
second of puzzled silence gave the band time to mutter briefly before the
speakers came alive again:

// This is the Algonquin Emergency Alert System...there is a Fudd
attack on the upper layers of the warren...repeat, Fudd attack... //

"Great," Fluffyrocker grumbled, as his bouncerbuns nudged him backstage.
He glanced at the audience, but warren security was already ushering a
protesting Wynn and the stagebuns out of the hall.

// ...to your assigned safety zones immediately, avoiding all
human-sized tunnels and areas...this is not a drill, repeat... //

"Bolt hole's this way, Boss, back to the mover." The security buns
flanked him as they moved into an access tunnel downstage. It led down a
steep ramp and into the bowels of the hall, where the equipment was loaded
and stored.

"Right, Parsley, thanks. Hey, where's the nearest civilian safety
zone?"

"Think it's back in the mover station, Boss. Where we're going."

"Good," he sighed. If she was waiting for him on the other side, this
might not be so bad. They might even retire to the mover until the humans
went away...

// Attention: There are reports of uncute sonic attacks outside...for
your protection we will now play countersonics...please remain calm... //

In the dimly lit equipment tunnel, the PA system sputtered and began
playing music with bells and bagpipes. Rocker rolled his eyes and let his
ears droop to the floor.

// Hark where the kids are playing, hark hear their mentor saying,
"Let's have a hug and then we'll play for a while!"

There with the children smiling, now feel the magic flying,
high and as friendly as a dinosaur's smile... //

"Oh, someone up there doesn't like me," Fluffyrocker winced.

"What's the matter boss?"

"Just not my kind of music, Parsely. Just not my kind..."

// Towering in mass distend -- Barney my purple friend!
Long may your tee-vee show gloriously play!

Friend of the children napping, friend of the poodles yapping,
friend of the adults snapping, Barney the Brave! //

"I don't know, Boss, it's not so bad."

"Heh. I may not be a hard rocker anymore...but I think I'd rather hear
the uncute sonics."

"Yes," hissed a shadow at the end of the corridor. "So would we."

Rocker perked and stared at the bulky rabbit blocking their path...and
missed the one behind him that took out two of his security buns. As he
turned to see, the shadowy figures were suddenly the only ones standing
around him, smiling.

"Take him and the bodies," one of the forms commanded, and his breath
from across the hall made Fluffyrocker gag. "I want to slash these
speakers apart and finish some business here."

--
Wynn and Punk Bunny!!