EVel Baby Steps method

heng

Mar 16, 2011, 11:32:39 AM3/16/11
Here's another method for d.-ing t. e, not found in the FAQ (http://
jult.net/adte.htm)

EVel Baby Steps

Escape Velocity -> velocity of an object needed to permanently leave
earth(*)
Baby Steps -> small chunks of earth... really small chunks of earth...

Observation:
- any atom can be ionized, i.e. become charged (positively, mostly)
- any ion can be accelerated by electric fields
- the resulting speed can be very high, depending on used energy

Idea:
1. Build a solar connector for delivering energy (expensive, but
possible)
2. Build an Ionizer for arbitrary atoms (piece of cake for any
physicist with a soldering iron)
3. Build an accelerator pointing "upwards" (linear accelerator,
minimum speed requirement: 11km/s)(**)
4. Combine (1), (2), and (3)
5. Start feeding anything else into (4)

If done right after a long period of time the earth will be gone.

Pro: can be done by many people all over the world with current
technology
Con: takes an insane amount of time

Modification: start with Nitrogen, Oxygen, Hydrogen... -> clear out
the atmosphere first
Pro: will kill any air breathing critters, thus most opposers of the
general destruction idea
Pro: lack of atmosphere will result in better performance and less
maintenance for the solar cells

Details for correct aiming and placement or energy and time
requirements need to be worked out of course.

Soo, any thoughts?
We could build a prototype and sell it off as an art project... ;-)

-----
(*) - yes, it's more complicated, but you get my drift...
(**) - adjust for air friction, later (much later) readjust for
reduced gravitic pull from earth