cheap IVR

Jantje van boven ...

Oct 14, 2003, 11:06:04 AM10/14/03
Dear NG - readers,

I'm looking for a cheap IVR solution. I don't need a huge system :

Answer call
Menu : 1 Talk to a live agent, 2 Our address, 3 leave message

1 : either talk through the pc's speakers or transfer to other modem
2 : just a voice message that say's where we are and how to contact us
3 : new menu: 1 message for accounting, 2 message for sales, 3 message for
support.

That's all .

The systems i looked at cost way to much for a small home-worker.

Or is there a solution that i can do it myself ? (i know a little bit of
programming but don't really know how to interact with the modem.

The software can be for windows or linux.

Thanks in advance,

Jan.

PS: sorry, english is not my native language.

Carl Navarro

Oct 15, 2003, 8:55:42 AM10/15/03
On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 17:06:04 +0200, "Jantje van boven ..."
<i...@blijf.anoniem> wrote:

>Dear NG - readers,
>
>I'm looking for a cheap IVR solution. I don't need a huge system :
>
>Answer call
>Menu : 1 Talk to a live agent, 2 Our address, 3 leave message
>
>1 : either talk through the pc's speakers or transfer to other modem
>2 : just a voice message that say's where we are and how to contact us
>3 : new menu: 1 message for accounting, 2 message for sales, 3 message for
>support.
>
>That's all .
>
>The systems i looked at cost way to much for a small home-worker.
>
>Or is there a solution that i can do it myself ? (i know a little bit of
>programming but don't really know how to interact with the modem.
>
>The software can be for windows or linux.

Try http://www.premiopc.com/support/drivers/drivers.html and search
for supervoice. There is a Win95 version that uses standard Rockwell
chipset modems to make a voice mail system.

I don't know how well it works, because I never really set one up. I
just tossed the software on the shelf :-)

Carl Navarro

Alan Spicer

Oct 15, 2003, 11:35:20 PM10/15/03
"Jantje van boven ..." <i...@blijf.anoniem> wrote in message

> Dear NG - readers,
>
> I'm looking for a cheap IVR solution. I don't need a huge system :
>
> Answer call
> Menu : 1 Talk to a live agent, 2 Our address, 3 leave message
>
> 1 : either talk through the pc's speakers or transfer to other modem
> 2 : just a voice message that say's where we are and how to contact us
> 3 : new menu: 1 message for accounting, 2 message for sales, 3 message for
> support.
>
> That's all .
>
> The systems i looked at cost way to much for a small home-worker.
>
> Or is there a solution that i can do it myself ? (i know a little bit of
> programming but don't really know how to interact with the modem.
>
> The software can be for windows or linux.

* Have a look at http://www.asterisk.org I believe it does IVR among MANY
other things. The hitch is you need to buy some cards either from
PhoneJack/LineJack or the ones recommended by the authors:
http://www.asterisk.org/index.php?menu=hardware. It is an Open Source Linux
PBX. I have played with it a little bit on RedHat 9.0 but don't have the
hardware to test it with POTS lines.

Anyway it sounds like you need more than IVR ... it sounds like you need
mini-PBX, which Asterisk can help you create. You need caller to be able to
talk to a live agent ... This could be, for example a hardware phone (or SIP
protocol phone) or just plain old telephone hardware. The trick is to have
the CHANNEL hardware (I mentioned before) to be able to properly interface
to telephones. They can become extensions on the PBX. If noone answers they
can be configured to get VOICE MAIL as in a hardware PBX.

I'm sure the Digium hardware is very good ... and it is assured to work with
this open source PBX. Maybe digium will give me a free pots card for
plugging them
;-)

Wildcard X100P seems to be only $99.95. If you already have an Intel box you
can make as a Linux Server ... $99.95 is not a bad cost for a PBX. You may
need a little more to do your actual extenstions and incoming line (lines?).
Oh you need FXS card to connect a normal analog phone, and you need FXO card
to connect to a Telephone Company (C.O) Central Office line. Check out the
actual lines on http://www.asterisk.org/index.php?menu=hardware to see what
the line card options are. Not too many (if any?) actual typical MODEMs in a
PC computer will work. The word is they cannot do full duplex (I want a
better definition of that myself) and there are no modules (drivers) for
Asterisk for them. Most modems would probably not be the best thing to think
about using anyway, they are just not designed for this kind of operation.

Wildcard TDM400PA Quad-Port FXS PCI interface card for interfacing with a
standard analog telephone line and/or ADSI phone.
Wildcard X100PA single port FXO PCI interface card for interfacing with a
standard analog phone line.

(Disclaimer: I don't work for Digium, and don't have anything to do with the
Asterisk Open PBX project. I just think it is a cool thing with a lot of
potential on a lot of levels. If you later hook up T1 ... no problem, get a
T1 line card (and the right line card(s) to handle your extensions and away
you go. Anyway don't take my word for it. Check it out yourself.)

> Thanks in advance,
>

> Jan.
>
> PS: sorry, english is not my native language.

* No problem: http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Good luck with your project!

--
Alan Spicer (a_spice...@bellsouth.net)
http://aspicer.homelinux.net/

yasin....@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2014, 10:56:24 AM7/12/14
TekIVR (http://www.kaplansoft.com/tekivr/) is an economical SIP (Based on RFC 3261) Interactive Voice System (IVR) for Windows. TekIVR is tested on Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7/8 and Windows 2003/2008/2012 server.