Users can not make outside calls on Rolm 9751

eric....@gmail.com

Sep 30, 2014, 8:30:14 AM9/30/14
Good morning to all,

More and more, our old Rolm 9751 PBX is not handling the traffic of multiple users in the hospital trying to make calls outside of the hospital.
They get busy signals and have to keep trying until they get through.

Most users think that we are purposely blocking them.

Can anyone offer any suggestions to alleviate this issue for the time being until I convince Management to fork up for a better PBX?

I appreciate any suggestions that you all may have.

Have a blessed day.

Eric Nieves

GlowingBlueMist

Oct 1, 2014, 9:29:54 PM10/1/14
If you have not already done so, have someone manually verify each of
the outbound lines being paid for are actually working. I have seen
systems which were not being actively watched slowly have lines fail and
the PBX just puts them as busy until they ran out of lines.

Another thought is to check on the current PBX capabilities and
hardware. There may be unused ports where additional phone lines could
be added to the system.