Why No Black News Channel on 288?

Chime Hart

Feb 12, 2020, 10:19:01 AM2/12/20
While there haven't been any postings here in nearly a year, I hope some1 in the
know still will see this. In reading blacknewschannel.com they mention deals
with Dish, Comcast, and Charter. When I phoned Dish to ask which channel, they
told me 288 on this past Monday. This channel does showup in an uplink report on
satellite guys. I have a Wally receiver with speech-and-it skips from 287-289.
Even my Amazon Echo knows Dish is supposed to have BNC, but it can't switch to
it.
Can some1 please inform as to whats going on, or did this channel endup in a
news only package like BBC World? Thanks so much in advance.
Chime

paultry

Feb 12, 2020, 3:22:21 PM2/12/20
Conflicting reports on Google search. Some sources say it
is on DISH. The Tallahassee Democrat newspaper says DISH
did not pick it up. My "all channels" guide also skips from
287 to 289.

Chris Schram

Feb 13, 2020, 12:41:58 AM2/13/20
Looks like you'll have to wait a bit...

From The Tallahassee Democrat Updated 5:32 p.m. ET Feb. 10, 2020

The Black News Channel, a 24-hour national cable news channel targeting
black viewers launched at 6 a.m. Monday with its first newscast from
Florida's capital city.

But access to the channel was limited as it was not carried by Comcast
Xfinity as promoted as recently as last week. The network also wasn’t
carried by Dish Network, leaving only viewers of Charter Spectrum cable
allowed to see the programming.

<https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2020/02/10/black-news-channel-launches-tallahassee-despite-absence-comcast-xfinity-dish-network/4712346002/>

The article says nothing more about what the holdup is with Comcast and Dish.

--
chri...@me.com is a filtered spam magnet. Email replies may be lost.
You're better off replying to this newsgroup.