Dish satellite and receiver

ericwi...@gmail.com

Nov 3, 2018, 9:40:56 AM11/3/18
Had a carpenter relocate my Dish and I’m trying to get it hooked back up and pointed. My location is zip code 42039. I think my dish is a 1000.2 or 1000.4 model. Receiver is a basic HD receiver, ViP211k. I’m not sure which LNB to connect coax to or even what direction to point to. I have clear view to both Southwest and Southeast from the dish location.

paultry

Nov 3, 2018, 12:54:07 PM11/3/18
On 11/3/2018 08:40, ericwi...@gmail.com wrote:
> Had a carpenter relocate my Dish and I’m trying to get it hooked back up and pointed. My location is zip code 42039. I think my dish is a 1000.2 or 1000.4 model. Receiver is a basic HD receiver, ViP211k. I’m not sure which LNB to connect coax to or even what direction to point to. I have clear view to both Southwest and Southeast from the dish location.

It looks like your locals in HD are on the eastern arc,
locals in SD on the western arc. If you were receiving
locals in HD, then you were on the eastern arc (looking
southeast). Google shows several how-to-point-a-dish sites,
but you need to know which dish and lnb you have. To me, it
would be worth a service call by a local installer to get it
done right. If you were on the western arc and getting your
locals in SD, DISH may pick up some of the cost of moving
you to the eastern arc. I'd check with a local DISH
installer first before calling DISH. If you have been paying
the monthly maintenance fee, some of the repair may be
covered.

ericwi...@gmail.com

Nov 3, 2018, 1:59:31 PM11/3/18
Here’s the deal. The dish is located in 42039 zip code but it’s at my cabin who I own with a guy in Troy, IL. We’re using his account with this dish and receiver to get tv service. The dish was mounted to the side of our cabin and pointed to the SW skies. The dish was moved from west wall to the south wall, close to same height. We were getting St Louis area locals in HD.
I’m assuming I will connect the coax to LNB 119 (the one on the left). I haven’t adjusted the azimuth, skew or elevation.