Grupos de Google ya no admite nuevas publicaciones ni suscripciones de Usenet. El contenido anterior sigue siendo visible.

61.5 aiming question

Visto 643 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Darmok

no leída,
15 abr 2008, 19:41:1915/4/08
I think I've convinced myself that I can re-aim the dish I currently
have pointing at 129, to 61.5, so that I will be able to get my locals
in HD (as well as the rest of the HD content). I will use a magic
marker to mark as best I can, my current setting, so that if things
don't work out, I can (hopefully) re-aim it at 129. That being said,
what is a good transponder number to try and aim with? I will
probably take my VIP211 receiver and a small 10" b/w tv up on the
roof with me to try and aim the dish (this is how I aimed my 119 dish
about 12 years ago, and my 110 dish a couple years later).
Transponder 11 works for 119 & 110, and 17 is a good one for 129. Any
of the transponders on 61.5 put out a better signal than the others?

Provided I get it sited in, will my HD programming automatically come
in, just as it has via 129? Perhaps I will have to do a "test switch"
to re-learn the new satellite? Not sure about those aspects.

Thanks for any advice.

Bill R

no leída,
15 abr 2008, 20:29:1415/4/08

Transponders 16 and 18 are very strong from the 61.5 satellite. What
you want to do is go to the dish point screen, select the 61.5
satellite, choose transponder 16 or 18. Put in your zip code if it is
not already there and the screen will tell you where you need to move
your dish (azimuth and elevation). After you get a signal and peak it
run the switch test. After you do that you should get the HD (including
your locals) from 61.5. That is all there is to it.
--
Bill R.

Remove nospam_ and x in e-mail address to reply by e-mail

Brad

no leída,
15 abr 2008, 20:35:5715/4/08
Darmok wrote:

To find your Azimuth and Elevation settings, in "Point Dish" mode, input
your zip and set the dish type to 300, this will give you a good idea
for your setting.

Im in Ohio, a strong signal on the 65.1 is transponder 12. I have a 500
dish with single Lnb pointed at it, skew is set to none, or 90,
elevation at 39 and Azimuth at 158.

Darmok

no leída,
16 abr 2008, 6:30:2216/4/08
On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 20:29:14 -0400, Bill R <nospam_...@iglou.com>
wrote:

Thanks Bill ... you're always there for those who need help.
Cheers!

Darmok

no leída,
16 abr 2008, 6:32:2216/4/08

Yes, I've done the preliminary step by looking at the aiming screen
and it gives me AZ 158 - EL 38, so your numbers jive. I've got a 30"
dish to aim at it, so hopfully I should get a decent signal ...
probably better than what I was getting on 129.

Thanks again

Darmok

no leída,
21 abr 2008, 6:30:0821/4/08
wrote:

>Transponders 16 and 18 are very strong from the 61.5 satellite. What
>you want to do is go to the dish point screen, select the 61.5
>satellite, choose transponder 16 or 18. Put in your zip code if it is
>not already there and the screen will tell you where you need to move
>your dish (azimuth and elevation). After you get a signal and peak it
>run the switch test. After you do that you should get the HD (including
>your locals) from 61.5. That is all there is to it.

God, what a fiasco. I go out and try to get this dish aimed in this
past weekend. Got the 30" dish set to the correct elevation and had
my Vip211 rec. and 10" b/w tv set up on the roof. Set to the point
dish menu and connected to the spare receiver output on my SW64
switch. Just to check things, I first put the rec. on 129, expecting
some kind of signal, but got a strong signal for 119 and it said
'wrong satellite'. ??? WTF .. oh well, maybe the receiver is confused
or something. So I swing the dish around and try to get 61.5. At
times I got a signal as high as 45, but it kept saying "unkown
satellite". After almost 2 hours of screwing around, I put everything
back, and that was when I realized that I was trying to re-aim my 119
dish instead of my 129 dish. Almost 3 years ago, I had an installer
come move my 119 dish from the garage to the house, and he thought
that it would be better to have the 30" dish on 119 because of
possible tree issues. I forgot all about that.

Well, at least I now know which dish is aimed at which bird, but now I
have to go through all that crap again. I hate it when I screw up
what should have been a 30 minute job. To top if off, my 119 dish is
now several points lower than it was. It used to be around 92 on the
new scale, and now its only 85 or so .. didn't get it back exactly
right, so will have to tweak that one too, once I get 61.5 on my 129
dish. Sheesh!
(and no, I didn't have any beers before going up on the ladders to do
all this stuff!)

0 mensajes nuevos