Wayback Wednesday: Dish Network's Answer Channel in 2001

Dish500Superfan

Sep 13, 2017, 7:49:20 PM9/13/17
On Wayback Wednesday, we'll take you back to 2001, way before Remote Control Help, Dish Network FYI and 101, there was the Dish Network Answer Channel, the customer information channel that came to Channel 100 on July 12, 2000, 2 days after it was initially announced on the July 10th Charlie Chat.

One thing about the Answer Channel is that I know that Jim Ferguson was on one of the segments, but apparently Brian Olson was hosting the Answer Channel program, I really thought it was Olson who was hosting the Answer Channel program, which, by the way, it would have been a very helpful program.

If something can jog your memories of the Answer Channel, here are some screenshots (courtesy of Dishretailer.com):

http://web.archive.org/web/20031012034441im_/http://www.dishretailer.com:80/ptv/5.jpg

http://web.archive.org/web/20021009052211im_/http://dishretailer.com:80/ptv/8.jpg

http://web.archive.org/web/20021009065345im_/http://dishretailer.com:80/ptv/21.jpg

http://web.archive.org/web/20031012023847im_/http://www.dishretailer.com:80/ptv/23.jpg

I hope you can remember the Dish Network Answer Channel in 2001, before Remote Control Help came around, and share your memories! Have a nice evening!

Dish 500 Superfan, from Landis, North Carolina