cyberwar

Philipp Oettli

Nov 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/19/99
hi

is there anybody who can help me out with a definition of cyberwar ?

thanx

philipp

ej...@ecn.ab.ca

Nov 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/20/99
How 'bout CYBERWAR: (v) the acts of agression soly taking place via
comunications networks primarily consisting of computer viruses for the
expressed purpose of 'downing' the opposing forces computer systems.

or... CYBERWAR: warfare by and between artificial intelegences. See
also ROBOT WARS.

Check out what the US did in the Gulf War. They had a bunch of hackers
'down' a few systems in order to 'keep the peace'. Personally (in regarse
to the war) I DON"T CARE, (in regards to cyberwar) it's a fun concept
'cept you can't take down my system, it's tooooo f@$@# old for most
viruses to work! (8088/8 640K 2*360K floppy 20Meg MFM/RLL and can
connect to the web, even if it is text only!)

--
email: ejbh-Spam-Away(c)-@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca

You know what to remove...

"Smile, it makes people wonder what you are up to."
"Don't Panic!" -- Cover of Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Dima Shleimovich

Nov 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/28/99
Try to look at the first at the Hackers Movie!!!

ej...@ecn.ab.ca

Dec 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/3/99
Just out of curiosity, which ones should this pirson watch first,
Sneakers, Johnny Nemonic, The Web? Some others perhaps?

Dima Shleimovich (dshl...@ort.org.il) wrote:
: Try to look at the first at the Hackers Movie!!!

--
email: ejbh-Spam-Away(c)-@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
You know what to remove...

small L40 SX page: http://www.freenet.edmonton.ab.ca/~ejbh

Dima Shleimovich

Dec 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/8/99
ok

May be the Matrix Movie!!! :)

Have you ever think about this... (The Matrix IDEA!!!)
Have any one of you know about the IBM Project that
in progress?

The computer that can think like a human!!!

ej...@ecn.ab.ca

Dec 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/9/99

Isn't that a follow up to 'big blue' the chess computer? Adding AI to
(basically a hot rodded) chess program doesn't seem that hard (on the
outside), but would you want a computer to think like a pirson with all
the rotten people you have met in this lifetime? I think that the old
movie 'War Games' showed what could happen...

Dima Shleimovich

Dec 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/9/99
Oh! Man what is that now i'm not talking about the movies...

By the way what is AI i heard it allot but i dont know what is this?

ej...@ecn.ab.ca

Dec 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/9/99
AI or Artificial Inteligence - the set of reactions/actions that a system
can have in order to mak up a 'behavure' (sp?) and sets of which make up a
'personality' (from the latin- pirson like[?]). If you have watched 'war
games' then the computer had to use a set of instructions to 'think' and
come up with the solution 'the only way to win is to not play'.

Also, Sim____ uses simple models of behaviour for the games (try Sim Ant)
that are based on real world data models (and we thought those sensus
takers were gathering USELESS info). There is a lot about the stuff
around. I'm an old man (31) and have had a lot of time to get into this
stuff (can relate to HAL and star trek's Data). e mail me if you want to
talk more.... Call me Eric.

Dima Shleimovich (dshl...@ort.org.il) wrote:
: Oh! Man what is that now i'm not talking about the movies...

Dima Shleimovich

Dec 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/10/99
to ej...@ecn.ab.ca
Hello Eric,

Ofcource i want to talk more,
I see you have lot of knowlege...
What is your life interests, what are you doing
what kind of operating system you run on your
computer..?

and now some about me:

Name full name Dima Shleimovich
i from Israel, Arad and i'm 17 years old
and i'm using computer from 9 years old

My currect computer is Macintosh Performa 6200 PowerPC
40Mb RAM, 4.125mb HD and Suppra 28.8 Modem :)

and some of my other interests is:

1) Computer
2) Radio SW/FM DXing
2) Etc... :)