Snow Crash

cr0c0d1le

Jun 5, 2023, 10:18:33 PM6/5/23
Apparently, a Snow Crash TV series is in the works at HBO. I wonder if
it's going to be any good.

frostbyte

Jun 10, 2023, 5:17:01 AM6/10/23
The TV show seems to have been in development for a few years. Let's
hope it makes it to release.

In article <87o7ltcp00.fsf@osiris>, cr0c0d1le <nos...@nospam.org>

superkuh

Jun 10, 2023, 1:36:39 PM6/10/23
If it's anything like the recent Gibson adaptations to live action it's
going to suck and have bunch of nonsensical plot points that go nowhere.

But... I'm still going to give it a try and watch. I want to believe.

a cat

Jun 17, 2023, 3:58:29 PM6/17/23
Same here. I hope it's good and does the book justice.

jay

Jul 7, 2023, 3:05:41 AM7/7/23
On 2023-06-06, cr0c0d1le <nos...@nospam.org> wrote:
> Apparently, a Snow Crash TV series is in the works at HBO. I wonder if
> it's going to be any good.

Hopefully it does happen this time. I remember reading Amazon picked up
the rights, and it was going into production in 2017 with the release
meant to be around 2018/2019. A quick search with "amazon snow crash
2017" pulls up quite a lot of articles about it.

avclub, September 28, 2017

That might all be about to change, though; Variety reports that
Amazon has started development on a Snow Crash TV series, with
Ant Man writer Joe Cornish and Back To The Future producer Frank
Marshall shepherding the show to the screen. The series is part
of an aggressive new push from the online streamer, which
recently announced its intentions to find its “own” Game Of
Thrones.