Canadian SF author JE Solo

David Dalton

Oct 18, 2022, 8:43:36 PM10/18/22
I highly recommend Newfoundland SF author JE Solo (known
as Liz Solo in her music career), now based in Toronto, who
has put out an SF novel entitled Phreak, and, more recently,
Edge, a book of three short stories with pictures.

Her author website is https://jesolo.ca/
and another website of hers that also discusses
her music and her hybrid-reality performance
projects is at http://lizsolo.com/ . From that
website:

"JE (Liz) Solo is a writer, multi-disciplinary performance and media
artist, and musician, best known for their work in East Coast music,
and as a trailblazer in machinima, hybrid-reality, and live and
networked performance art. They create artworks that merge
traditional practices (theatre, writing) with technology,
(virtual/online/game environments). Recently JE has been
exploring creation using machine learning, quantum computing,
and Artificial Intelligence."

"And I know the young man with a century's face/A philosopher king - he
will try to amaze/With examples of love and examples of hate" (T. Tikaram)

maschine...@disroot.org

Sep 19, 2023, 6:42:44 PM9/19/23
David Dalton <dal...@nfld.com> writes:

> I highly recommend Newfoundland SF author JE Solo (known
> as Liz Solo in her music career), now based in Toronto, who
> has put out an SF novel entitled Phreak, and, more recently,
> Edge, a book of three short stories with pictures.
>
> Her author website is https://jesolo.ca/
> and another website of hers that also discusses
> her music and her hybrid-reality performance
> projects is at http://lizsolo.com/ . From that
> website:
>
> "JE (Liz) Solo is a writer, multi-disciplinary performance and media
> artist, and musician, best known for their work in East Coast music,
> and as a trailblazer in machinima, hybrid-reality, and live and
> networked performance art. They create artworks that merge
> traditional practices (theatre, writing) with technology,
> (virtual/online/game environments). Recently JE has been
> exploring creation using machine learning, quantum computing,
> and Artificial Intelligence."

Does this person wants to be referred to as a "she" or a "they"?

David Dalton

Sep 19, 2023, 7:50:02 PM9/19/23
On Sep 19, 2023, maschine...@disroot.org wrote
(in article <87h6npl...@disroot.org>):
Well, on http://jesolo.ca/about-je-solo/ it says “their work”,
and it also says that on https://lizsolo.com/about/ .

"For she is the perfect creature, natural in every feature
And I am the geek with the alchemists' stone" (Jimmy MacCarthy)

Titus G

Sep 19, 2023, 10:40:17 PM9/19/23
On 20/09/23 10:42, maschine...@disroot.org wrote:
> David Dalton <dal...@nfld.com> writes:

ship advertisement

> Does this person wants to be referred to as a "she" or a "they"?

You are replying to spam crossposted across six newsgroups.

David Dalton

Sep 20, 2023, 12:00:24 AM9/20/23
On Sep 20, 2023, Titus G wrote
(in article <uedm2c$2ocrg$1...@dont-email.me>):
It is on-topic on all six, hence is a valid crosspost, much
preferable to a multipost to each of the groups.

It is on-topic in nf.general since Solo is from Newfoundland,
and on-topic in tor.general since Solo is now based in Toronto.

maschine...@disroot.org

Sep 20, 2023, 1:22:50 AM9/20/23
I'm very sorry.