The Peripheral TV show, by Amazon

Psyche Eros

Feb 13, 2020, 3:50:05 PM2/13/20
So I was just reading a great article from December's
issue of The New Yorker, and was struck with the
revelation that The Peripheral is being adapted to TV
by the creators of Westworld. Talk about lighting a
fire under my ass to get me caught up before it's
rolled out; I'm still sitting here plodding my way
through Zero History...

Not that Gibson's works are always met with the best
video adaptations, but I've got some hope, given how
seriously Bezos takes his Scifi...

No premiere date out yet for it, but it's been in the
works since April of 2018 according to this article,
where y'all can read more:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/westworld-creators-futuristic-drama-peripheral-gets-amazon-pickup-1254417

Now, to power my way to caught up...and hopefully
leave a little time to enjoy season 2 of Altered
Carbon, out later this month...

Pinku Basudei

Feb 20, 2020, 3:18:55 PM2/20/20
On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 20:50:04 -0000 (UTC)
Psyche Eros <cyk...@cykros.ddns.net> wrote:

> Not that Gibson's works are always met with the best
> video adaptations, but I've got some hope, given how
> seriously Bezos takes his Scifi...

I am, perhaps among the few, that happen to enjoy Johnny Mnemonic. The somewhat cheesy acting adds a dimension of value to it according to me :)

--

/ Pinku

Psyche Eros

Feb 21, 2020, 1:59:10 PM2/21/20
Johnny Mnemonic did have that degree of charm to it, and I honestly didn't
hate New Rose Hotel, though it tends not to get the same amount of love.
I more meant that the general consensus I've seen is that his full length
novels are widely said to be unfit to be portrayed as a cinematic work,
which I hope is more of a temporary limitation of our cinematography
methods than it is a permanent situation.

That said, if anything's gonna work out well on film I could see it being
his more recent work. It'll absolutely lose out on a good chunk,
considering the amount of internal thought he narrates, as well as his
painstaking descriptive writing, but personally I think that's a risk I'm
willing to take.