Oldtimer returning...

John Z

Jul 11, 2017, 8:58:18 PM7/11/17
Anyone alive in this group? Its been ages since I've been to Usenet.

superkuh

Jul 27, 2017, 2:06:14 PM7/27/17
On 07/11/2017 07:58 PM, John Z wrote:
> Anyone alive in this group? Its been ages since I've been to Usenet.

Vaguely, a couple posts a month like you see. But you gotta be the
change you want to see. So, hi.

Zaren

Aug 2, 2017, 10:22:46 AM8/2/17
John Z wrote:
> Anyone alive in this group? Its been ages since I've been to Usenet.

Welcome, oldtimer! Fellow oldtimer here, just back on the feed as of
today. Sure seems a bit cobwebby around these parts. Might liven up a
bit closer to Fall. I think that's what happened last time I poked
around Usenet.

Pinku Basudei

Aug 28, 2017, 11:06:01 PM8/28/17
On Wed, 12 Jul 2017 00:58:17 GMT
John Z <jo...@doe.com> wrote:

> Anyone alive in this group? Its been ages since I've been to Usenet.

I'm reading this so I must be alive right? So yeah, slow but steady.
--

/ Pinku

John Z

Sep 5, 2017, 10:22:33 AM9/5/17
> Welcome, oldtimer! Fellow oldtimer here, just back on the feed as of
> today. Sure seems a bit cobwebby around these parts. Might liven up a
> bit closer to Fall. I think that's what happened last time I poked
> around Usenet.

So nice to read there's still activity going on. I've been struggling with
slrn a bit so I couldn't post, but now its all -hopefully- well.

How are things? Anyone looking forward to Blade Runner 2 with optimism?

John Z

Sep 5, 2017, 12:38:07 PM9/5/17
> Vaguely, a couple posts a month like you see. But you gotta be the
> change you want to see. So, hi.

Hello to you too, sir. I do believe (hope?) people I want to hang out with will
soon get annoyed with all the noise of the popular corp platforms and
start to make comeback.

Sparc IPX

Sep 5, 2017, 2:50:07 PM9/5/17
John Z <jo...@doe.com> wrote:

> Hello to you too, sir. I do believe (hope?) people I want to hang out with will
> soon get annoyed with all the noise of the popular corp platforms and
> start to make comeback.

I know I have...

--
sparcipx

アノニマス

Jan 24, 2018, 4:39:24 AM1/24/18
On Wednesday, July 12, 2017 at 3:58:18 AM UTC+3, John Z wrote:
> Anyone alive in this group? Its been ages since I've been to Usenet.

What was Usenet like in the old days? I am too young to remember. Tell me about your experiences.

Pinku Basudei

Feb 1, 2018, 2:42:05 PM2/1/18
Why don't you check here? https://archive.org/details/usenet

--

/ Pinku

Psyche Eros

Feb 2, 2020, 12:02:09 PM2/2/20
John Z <jo...@doe.com> wrote:
> Anyone alive in this group? Its been ages since I've been to Usenet.

No one here except us chickens