Retaking USENET

lars

Feb 22, 2020, 6:08:04 AM2/22/20
Let's retake USENET.

This seems like as ridiculous place as any.

---
Lars Lehtonen

Jean-Michel de Villiers

Feb 23, 2020, 10:09:36 AM2/23/20
I'm game...

lars

Feb 24, 2020, 7:08:04 AM2/24/20
Jean-Michel de Villiers <jeanmichel...@liamg.com> wrote:
> lars <la...@larslehtonen.com> wrote:
>> Let's retake USENET.
>>
>> This seems like as ridiculous place as any.

> I'm game...

I noticed that alt.cyberpunk is still being used, even if this NG isn't.

I have a post up on soc.misc to verify that it's totally unused, I don't
expect to hear anything back.

---
Lars Lehtonen

5GyYap52yQ1UGMWD

Sep 2, 2022, 7:00:07 AM9/2/22
It would be a good idea. I think it would be nice to fill this and
alt.cyberpunk. With the world increasingly becoming more and more
technologically dystopic, I think having a haven like this USENET would
help connect likeminded people with each other.

--
Pointless meanderings in a bleak and lonely world.

worm food

Feb 11, 2023, 6:35:49 PM2/11/23
On 9/2/2022 6:06 AM, 5GyYap52yQ1UGMWD wrote:
> lars <la...@larslehtonen.com> writes:
>
>> Let's retake USENET.
>>
>> This seems like as ridiculous place as any.
>>
>> ---
>> Lars Lehtonen
>
> It would be a good idea. I think it would be nice to fill this and
> alt.cyberpunk. With the world increasingly becoming more and more
> technologically dystopic, I think having a haven like this USENET would
> help connect likeminded people with each other.

Ok, and what might such a takeover look like?

a cat

Jun 17, 2023, 4:07:44 PM6/17/23
I think what's in this thread. People showing up and posting.

cr0c0d1le

Dec 20, 2023, 5:59:58 PM12/20/23
Hello!

worm food

Dec 22, 2023, 6:03:28 PM12/22/23
On 9/2/2022 6:06 AM, 5GyYap52yQ1UGMWD wrote:
> lars <la...@larslehtonen.com> writes:
>
>> Let's retake USENET.
>>
>> This seems like as ridiculous place as any.
>>
>> ---
>> Lars Lehtonen
>
> It would be a good idea. I think it would be nice to fill this and
> alt.cyberpunk. With the world increasingly becoming more and more
> technologically dystopic, I think having a haven like this USENET would
> help connect likeminded people with each other.

Hello back.

cr0c0d1le

Dec 22, 2023, 10:09:31 PM12/22/23
So, I guess this group is about cyberpunk technology... What is
considered cyberpunk tech anyway?

worm food

Dec 25, 2023, 1:41:14 PM12/25/23
Cyberpunk is dead, friend. It's an aesthetic now, like "mall goth". You
want some useful tech? Learn to grow lentils.
Welcome to the future, "cr0c0d1le has died of dysentery".
Merry xmas.

kyonshi

Jan 2, 2024, 8:27:44 AMJan 2
On 12/25/2023 7:41 PM, worm food wrote:

> Cyberpunk is dead, friend. It's an aesthetic now, like "mall goth". You
> want some useful tech? Learn to grow lentils.
> Welcome to the future, "cr0c0d1le has died of dysentery".
> Merry xmas.

Cyberpunk is not dead. We are living it. The problem is that cyberpunk
went mainstream in the most mainstream way possible: everywhere all at
once.

worm food

Jan 3, 2024, 6:00:39 PMJan 3
If you are talking about the sociocultural malaise (decomposition?)
predicted in much "cyberpunk" media, I'll buy that.
However, that point seems lost on >90% of extant humans.