Still Around?

myriado...@gmail.com

Nov 3, 2016, 10:12:22 AM11/3/16
Howdy Folks. I stumbled upon you all after doing some digging in a bunch of old, long since updated Cyberpunk websites. I'm young, and not particularly immersed in your culture. Anyone from back in the day have stories to share?

Michael Butcher

Sep 10, 2020, 5:54:57 PM9/10/20
On Thursday, November 3, 2016 at 2:12:22 PM UTC, myriado...@gmail.com wrote:
> Howdy Folks. I stumbled upon you all after doing some digging in a bunch of old, long since updated Cyberpunk websites. I'm young, and not particularly immersed in your culture. Anyone from back in the day have stories to share?

Dixson held the note out to the faded neon light that pulsed its way in through the dirt-fogged glass. The ink was faded, blurred by a few years of lying on the floor and the collection of dust motes.

"Stories. Huh. If that's all we've got left, we're in bigger trouble than I thought."

From behind the bar, there was the faint clink of glass. The sound of a towel being drawn from a hanger. The gentle patient breath.

"The usual, sir?"

"The usual, Ratz." He shrugged into a chair. "Best make it two. We may be here sometime."

Dan Butler

Jan 8, 2022, 9:02:57 AM1/8/22
On Thursday, November 3, 2016 at 2:12:22 PM UTC, myriado...@gmail.com wrote:
> Howdy Folks. I stumbled upon you all after doing some digging in a bunch of old, long since updated Cyberpunk websites. I'm young, and not particularly immersed in your culture. Anyone from back in the day have stories to share?

Hi mate, a little late to reply but you, or someone else, might see this some day.

One thing that would be good to know is that I think a number of the stories posted alt.cyberpunk.chatsubo were actually write-ups of various Cyberpunk 2020 and Shadowrun sessions between players. It wasn't always obvious, to me at least, because I found a.c.c first and then discovered cyberpunk RPGs a little later and retroactively realised terminology from the games was in the stories.

So the stories in a.c.c. can also be stories lifted from a completely different medium of storytelling.

Thanks,
Dan

Dan Butler

Jan 8, 2022, 9:03:34 AM1/8/22
On Thursday, November 3, 2016 at 2:12:22 PM UTC, myriado...@gmail.com wrote:
> Howdy Folks. I stumbled upon you all after doing some digging in a bunch of old, long since updated Cyberpunk websites. I'm young, and not particularly immersed in your culture. Anyone from back in the day have stories to share?

FixinDixson

Feb 14, 2022, 8:25:19 AM2/14/22
Some were unique and original. CharlestonMambo (fer'instance) used to create some novel stuff...