Daily Feast Sept.18,2010

Jeanne DancingButterfly

Sep 18, 2010, 10:02:08 PM9/18/10
September 18 - Daily Feast
We are conditioned to stampede. Heard the latest? Then run! Run on the
inside even when your body is perfectly still. Run up your blood
pressure because what you see and hear is not fair - not in keeping with
what you have always believed. Things are not always going to be the way
we think they should. They never have been and they are not likely to
change this week. But listen, be glad you know the difference. And be
glad there are others who agree with you, but don't plan on that making
a big difference in the way the world thinks. Plan to go on thinking
fairness - it is the seed that will eventually produce.
~ Osages have talked like blackbirds in the spring. ~
GOVERNOR JOE - OSAGE, 1800s
'A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II' by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
Elder's Meditation of the Day - September 18
"I walk in and out of many worlds."
--Joy Harjo, CREEK/CHEROKEE
In my mind are many dwellings. Each of the dwellings we create ourselves
- the house of anger, the house of despair, the house of self pity, the
house of indifference, the house of negative, the house of positive, the
house of hope, the house of joy, the house of peace, the house of
enthusiasm, the house of cooperation, the house of giving. Each of these
houses we visit each day. We can stay in any house for as long as we
want. We can leave these mental houses any time we wish. We create the
dwelling, we stay in the dwelling, we leave the dwelling whenever we
wish. We can create new rooms, new houses. Whenever we enter these
dwellings, this becomes our world until we leave for another. What world
will we live in today?
Creator, no one can determine which dwelling I choose to enter. No one
has the power to do so, only me. Let me choose wisely today.
"THINK on THESE THINGS"
By Joyce Sequichie Hifler
Have you heard how dreadful the neighbors are these days to ignore
another's plight, and how the world has gone to the dogs because people
don't care? Have you heard how hardened hearts are and how callous and
unfeeling the human race has become?
It may be true such things do happen....for we hear about it daily. But
it likely is that we hear more about the unusual.
For have you heard about the builder who laid his own plans aside to
help another build his house....and the lady who gave her home and
nursing care to someone who had no other place to go. Or the child who
found its needs fulfilled in the love of a foster mother.
We may ignore, but we can never erase the love of the human race for the
human race. The world may abound with sordid happenings; it may revel in
senseless activities. But called to help, the greater number will
respond without thought of the cost to themselves.
Of these things we hear so little. With these we come in contact every
day and accept it as the normal pattern of life....which it is....for
each unthinking, infantile mind there are two great thoughtful ones. And
the second great Commandment still works its wonders in all our lives.