Daily Feast Sept.25,2010

Jeanne DancingButterfly

Sep 26, 2010, 4:54:57 PM9/26/10
Sekoh All
October 6 the Daily Feast will continue,The Native Woman who shares them
with me will be on vacation until then.
Blessings~~~~> Dancing Butterfly
<<<>>>
September 25 - Daily Feast
Don't fret. When you can affect the outcome of something toward peace,
do it. But stewing about those things you can't do anything about is
wasted energy. Many of our problems would disappear if we did not keep
them going with our fretting. We nag ourselves into despair and shoulder
guilt that isn't ours. No doubt we have reason to be upset, but who
doesn't. The ideal solution is to love and let go. The practical answer
is to keep our mouths shut and let the knots unravel. They will.
~ They do not work underhanded at all, but declare plainly that they
want peace. ~
SATANTA - KIOWA
'A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II' by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
Elder's Meditation of the Day - September 25 "Even the trees have
spirits - everything has a spirit." --Mary Hayes, CLAYOQUOT
The trees are great teachers. The trees are great listeners. That is why
we should meditate in their presence. The Great spirit is in every rock,
every animal, every human being and in every tree. The Great Spirit has
been in some trees for hundreds of years. Therefore, the trees have
witnessed and heard much. The trees are the Elders of the Elders. Their
spirits are strong and very healing.
Great Spirit, teach me respect for all spiritual things.
"THINK on THESE THINGS"
By Joyce Sequichie Hifler
In every society there always seem to be people who feel it is their
duty to read the riot act to whomever, in their opinion, is in need of
it at the moment. Come be my friend until I have time to let you know
the things you're doing wrong. This is a committee of one, in all my
busy days.....taking time to straighten out all who are not conforming
to my ideas.
Who, in all the world, has so much wisdom as to consider themselves so
forever right.....to be capable of such certainty as to what another
person should do. And even if they should be right, who commissioned
them in all their wisdom to speak the words that have such power to
wither a spirit.
When the world has so much hurt, why should one voice be raised against
another who has not spoken an unkind word in its direction. When even
the strongest is so in need of compassion and love, why is one voice,
sharp edged and driven deep, allowed to speak. Our words can build or
destroy. And we never really know just when something we say may make a
decision for someone else, to give them courage or further fear. But God
help all who have not learned that the words we speak come back to
us.....many times.
Available online! 'Cherokee Feast of Days' By Joyce Sequichie Hifler.
Visit her web site to purchase the wonderful books by Joyce as gifts for
to the Internet: http://www.hifler.com
Click Here to Buy her books at Amazon.com Elder's Meditation of the Day
By White Bison, Inc., an American Indian-owned nonprofit organization.
Order their many products from their web site: http://www.whitebison.org