Clinton News Network vs. Fox

1 view

Reina 616

Mar 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/19/98

Clinton supporters almost invariably mention the anti-Clinton, right-wing
multi-millionaire who apparently has bankrolled the Paula Jones case.

Turnabout is fair play.

1.Hillary Clinton and Ted Turner's wife are narrator and host of an upcoming
CNN special.

2. The new head of CNN's news division is a well-known Clinton supporter
according to Vanity Fair, hence the term "Clinton News Network."

3. Only Ted Turner's Fox News Channel of the various networks carried the
Campaign Finance Hearings.

4. Greta Von Sustern, a scientologist (HA! the plot thickens) is co-host of
BURDEN OF PROOF and seems dedicated to discrediting Clinton opponents.

5. Turner insists that cable providers carry his Headline News in order to get
the to them desirable CNN, TBS and TNT.

In the days when I had cable, C-Span 2 j(C-Span presents FIRST-HAND what was
said and done in the House and Senate, without spin or interpretation) was on
only a few hours a day to make way for Barrry Diller's Home Shopping Network.
And we had Headline News but not Fox News.

I think any cable watcher has a case to make to the FCC that we have too much
monopolistic control of cable and that Fox News provides an alternate voice.
John McCain, Arizona Senator has been speaking out on monopolies allowed by the
FCC. This strikes me as an important one.

I just watched Alan Greenspan's wife, Andrea Mitchell, on MSNBC. Her husband
works for Clinton. That has to have an effect.

Some time ago, I saw Ted Turner on C-Span giving a speech before the National
Press Club. Turner had not taken his lithium and was having a world-class
tantrum about Rupert Murdoch, owner of Fox News. How I wish the camera had
panned over to wife Jane to see how she reacted to this incredible performance.

Brit Hume, former White House correspondent for ABC does a great job on Fox. He
once said something along the lines of "In Washingon they think the left is
the middle."

Tony Snow, a highly respected editorial writer also does a terrific job on Fox.
I just wish the Sunday show would have his name on it. I sometimes have trouble
finding it on Sunday.

Fred Barnes and Morton Kondracke frequently appear as panelists without the
food fighting that was par for the course on The McLaughlin Group.

If the American public was getting the Fox News Channel, they might be better
informed and have a very different view of the Clinton White House.

Republican Senators and Congressmen might be willing to help and e-mailing the
FCC might also help.

Out of frustration because of my cable provider's (first Viacom, then TCI)
indifference to consumer wishes, I opted for an 18" dish which has provided
more education and entertainment than my much-loved Macintosh Powerbook. (If
you have kids getting their brains softened by Sesame Street, take a look at
WAM! with programs like Mathematical Eye).

Reina

David Goldman

Mar 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/19/98

>1.Hillary Clinton and Ted Turner's wife are narrator and host of an upcoming
>CNN special.

Hillary has a bright career in front of her, WHATEVER happens to her
soon-to-be ex-husband.

David Goldman

Mar 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/19/98

>Hillary has a bright career in front of her, WHATEVER happens to her
>soon-to-be ex-husband.

Unless Starr indicts her.........

y2ksponsor

Mar 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/19/98

Reina 616 wrote:

> Clinton supporters almost invariably mention the anti-Clinton, right-wing
> multi-millionaire who apparently has bankrolled the Paula Jones case.
>
> Turnabout is fair play.
>
> 1.Hillary Clinton and Ted Turner's wife are narrator and host of an upcoming
> CNN special.

Rupert will be surprised to learn that his arch hated rival...ted...
owns the Fox network...But u are allowed one mistake in an otherwise
excellent posting. Back after these messages.

Steve Hancock

Mar 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/19/98

Reina 616 <rein...@aol.com> wrote:

: Republican Senators and Congressmen might be willing to help and e-mailing the
: FCC might also help.

It's tough to believe this. Most of Congress and the federal agencies seem
to be infested by big government knows better types or worse.

One of my own favorite techniques is getting answers to tough questions
from members of Congress. Preferably in writing, or at town hall meetings.
(You rapidly find out why many members of Congress avoid answering
questions from the general public like the plague-- either because
they are corrupted or their awareness is so limited they put their foot
in their mouths easily.) A lot of big government
defenders take refuge in the contention that we live in a democracy
and so whatever big government does is ok, because Congress OKs it.

: Out of frustration because of my cable provider's (first Viacom, then TCI)

: indifference to consumer wishes, I opted for an 18" dish which has provided
: more education and entertainment than my much-loved Macintosh Powerbook. (If
: you have kids getting their brains softened by Sesame Street, take a look at
: WAM! with programs like Mathematical Eye).

BUD (Big Ugly Dishes) offer even more political and other variety,
often for free. (Potential distraction: they take some twiddling to set up
and maintain.)

-s

ding...@erinet.com

Mar 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/20/98

A bought an 18" dish, attached to the side of my house
and is not noticeable unless one looks for it. The cost
is affordable, great programming and no outages at all
since the end of Oct when I purchased. Had a small amt
of ice, took broom and brushed off.
Paid Best Buy $79 for a 4-yr service contract.
My only regret is that I didn't do several years ago.

About the original post, I must say that Fox News Channel
is giving CNN a run for their money. MSNBC and CNBC have
also put some good stuff in CNN prime time. The extent of
my CNN viewing has gone to Capital Gang, and a quick scan
of Crossfire to see if I want to tape the late edition.

Murdoch is racking up some good paybacks to Turner. ;-)

Steve Hancock wrote:

snip

Reina 616

Mar 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/20/98

Dingicat said:

>A bought an 18" dish, attached to the side of my house
>and is not noticeable unless one looks for it. The cost
>is affordable, great programming and no outages at all
>since the end of Oct when I purchased. Had a small amt
>of ice, took broom and brushed off.

Mine survived the beatings of El Nino.

>My only regret is that I didn't do several years ago.

Me too. I don't think it was available too many years ago. I got mine last
November.

> I must say that Fox News Channel is giving CNN a run for their money. MSNBC
>and CNBC have also put some good stuff in CNN prime time. The extent of
>my CNN viewing has gone to Capital Gang, and a quick scan
>of Crossfire to see if I want to tape the late edition.

I prefer Hannitty & Colmes to Crossfire, which gets too noisy for my taste.

I've just programmed my TV to tune to Special Report with Brit Hume at 3pm,
because I keep missing it. I wish it was on at 5pm or 6pm (I'm watching less
and less of Larry King Live). Hume was good on ABC but was never on enough.

Tony Snow has an interesting show but because his name's not in the title I
keep missing it. (Note to Murdoch: Next to Brit Hume, Tony Snow is your most
valuable news asset. Put on an hour show with his name on it. Especially on
Sunday morning. I keep missing him.)

I also much prefer Morton Kondracke and Fred Barnes as panelists on Fox. The
food fights on McLaughlin Group never did much for me.

They seem to be getting good young reporters. Turner has the first slot on my
TV, but I was able to program my onscreen guide to put Fox first, MSNBC second
and CNN third.

>Murdoch is racking up some good paybacks to Turner. ;-)

Yes, and yesterday over Ted Turner's vociferous opposition, Murdoch bought the
Brooklyn Dodgers. I don't watch baseball but Turner having a tantrum is always
good for a laugh.

dingicat

Mar 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/21/98

Reina 616 <rein...@aol.com> wrote in article
<199803202100...@ladder03.news.aol.com>...
> Dingicat said:

snip

> >My only regret is that I didn't do several years ago.
>
> Me too. I don't think it was available too many years ago. I got mine
last
> November.

They've been around for at least two years, as I'd been tossing
the idea to buy for that long.

> > I must say that Fox News Channel is giving CNN a run for their money.
MSNBC
> >and CNBC have also put some good stuff in CNN prime time. The extent of
> >my CNN viewing has gone to Capital Gang, and a quick scan
> >of Crossfire to see if I want to tape the late edition.
>
> I prefer Hannitty & Colmes to Crossfire, which gets too noisy for my
taste.

They aren't opposing. I like H/C, certainly better than Rivera.

> I've just programmed my TV to tune to Special Report with Brit Hume at
3pm,
> because I keep missing it. I wish it was on at 5pm or 6pm (I'm watching
less
> and less of Larry King Live). Hume was good on ABC but was never on
enough.

Hume is about the best, IMO.

> Tony Snow has an interesting show but because his name's not in the title
> keep missing it. (Note to Murdoch: Next to Brit Hume, Tony Snow is your
most
> valuable news asset. Put on an hour show with his name on it. Especially
on
> Sunday morning. I keep missing him.)

We get at 9AM on east coast Fox network; I'm told we will have
access to the west coast Fox soon.

> I also much prefer Morton Kondracke and Fred Barnes as panelists on Fox.
The
> food fights on McLaughlin Group never did much for me.
>
> They seem to be getting good young reporters. Turner has the first slot
on my
> TV, but I was able to program my onscreen guide to put Fox first, MSNBC
second
> and CNN third.

CNN has to be hurting, and Turner can thank Rick Kaplan, for
getting rid of Cap Gang Sunday, which was the cooker for me.
CNBC has good early progs, Equal Time and Hardball.

We need to get a campaign going to get America's Voice (NET)
added.

Freedom

Mar 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/26/98

<351af1ee...@news.tricon.net>, har...@tricon.net 's computer
exploded - leaving a pile of letters in the following pattern

> On Thu, 19 Mar 1998 18:34:30 GMT, da...@erols.com (David Goldman)
> wrote:
>
> >>1.Hillary Clinton and Ted Turner's wife are narrator and host of an upcoming
> >>CNN special.
> >
> >Hillary has a bright career in front of her, WHATEVER happens to her
> >soon-to-be ex-husband.
>
> If She is still alive. She might get ronbrowned.

Why is the assumption made that *Bill* is the brains in the operation.

No way.

Hillary is the real criminal in that duo.

MW

har...@tricon.net

Mar 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/27/98

wrote:

>>1.Hillary Clinton and Ted Turner's wife are narrator and host of an upcoming
>>CNN special.
>
>Hillary has a bright career in front of her, WHATEVER happens to her
>soon-to-be ex-husband.

If She is still alive. She might get ronbrowned.

BAH
vrwc