Oklahoma TV Newscaster Killed In Car Crash.

Michael Rivero

Jul 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/13/97

Does anyone know anything about this young lady?

---

TV Anchorwoman Killed in Crash

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) -- Television anchorwoman Lee Evans died early
Sunday after a driver who had apparently been drinking ran a red light
and smashed into her car, police said.

Ms. Evans, 26, had worked late after anchoring the 10 p.m. newscast on
KFOR-TV on Saturday night, said Capt. Charles Allen, a spokesman for
the Oklahoma City police.

``This unexpected tragedy has extinguished one of the truly bright
lights in television journalism,'' Timothy Morrissey, KFOR's general
manager, said in a prepared statement.

Ms. Evans was making a left turn off a major street when her car was
struck by a car driven by Demetrice Littlejohn, 27, of Oklahoma City.

``Littlejohn ran through a red light at an excessive rate of speed and
struck directly into the driver's door of Ms. Evans' car,'' Allen
said. ``She was apparently killed instantly.'' Ms. Evans was wearing a
seat belt.

Littlejohn was hospitalized Sunday after police arrested him.

``We will present evidence to the district attorney's office on
charges of manslaughter,'' Allen said. ``There was an indication of
alcohol.''

A passenger in Littlejohn's car was treated and released and will not
be charged, Allen said.

Ms. Evans co-anchored the station's weekend newscast and also worked
as a reporter. The child of a military family, she grew up in Alaska,
Kansas, Texas and suburban Washington, D.C., before enrolling at the
University of Oklahoma.

She joined KFOR in 1994 and was the first of the station's reporters
to deliver news of the Oklahoma City bombing on April 19, 1995.

AP-NY-07-13-97 1327EDT

Copyright 1997 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material
may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

--
RANCHO RUNNAMUKKA | Special Effects / Documentary Films
Mike & Claire - The Rancho Runnamukka http://www.accessone.com/~rivero/

A. Nonamus

Jul 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/14/97

In article <5qc1pd$2ov$1...@blaze.accessone.com>,

Michael Rivero <riv...@accessone.com> wrote:
> Ms. Evans was making a left turn off a major street when her car was
> struck by a car driven by Demetrice Littlejohn, 27, of Oklahoma City.
>
> ``Littlejohn ran through a red light at an excessive rate of speed and
> struck directly into the driver's door of Ms. Evans' car,'' Allen
> said. ``She was apparently killed instantly.'' Ms. Evans was wearing a
> seat belt.

I don't understand. She was making a LEFT TURN, but her car was struck
on the DRIVER's SIDE? When you're making a left turn, you could easily
be hit on the passenger side (by oncoming traffic), but it takes some real
imagination to figure out how her car could have been hit on the driver's side.

Maybe the car that hit her was driving down the median strip at a high rate
of speed, or Ms. Evans was making the left turn from a right lane.
Or maybe she was in an unconverted right-hand-drive British automobile...?

Anon.

[ To reply, send mail to "s_a1u...@escom.com" leaving the Subject line unchanged.

gary cruse

Jul 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/14/97

On 14 Jul 1997 11:38:18 GMT, an...@escom.com (A. Nonamus) wrote:

>I don't understand. She was making a LEFT TURN, but her car was struck
>on the DRIVER's SIDE? When you're making a left turn, you could easily
>be hit on the passenger side (by oncoming traffic), but it takes some real
>imagination to figure out how her car could have been hit on the driver's side.

Well, then imagine this:

<--------------

____________Drunk----------------> X

^

__
gary

"Investigative journalism is the job
of the fringe media." Ted Koppel

Nathan Mower

Jul 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/14/97

A. Nonamus <an...@escom.com> wrote in article <5qd33a$s...@news1.mnsinc.com>...

> In article <5qc1pd$2ov$1...@blaze.accessone.com>,
> Michael Rivero <riv...@accessone.com> wrote:
> > Ms. Evans was making a left turn off a major street when her car was
> > struck by a car driven by Demetrice Littlejohn, 27, of Oklahoma City.
> >
> > ``Littlejohn ran through a red light at an excessive rate of speed and
> > struck directly into the driver's door of Ms. Evans' car,'' Allen
> > said. ``She was apparently killed instantly.'' Ms. Evans was wearing a
> > seat belt.
>
> I don't understand. She was making a LEFT TURN, but her car was struck
> on the DRIVER's SIDE? When you're making a left turn, you could easily
> be hit on the passenger side (by oncoming traffic), but it takes some real
> imagination to figure out how her car could have been hit on the driver's side.
>
> Maybe the car that hit her was driving down the median strip at a high rate
> of speed, or Ms. Evans was making the left turn from a right lane.
> Or maybe she was in an unconverted right-hand-drive British automobile...?

Picture Littlejohn's car coming up the road onto which Ms. Evans
is about to turn, approaching from her left.

Nathan Mower
nat...@itsnet.com

Decem...@aim.com

Aug 20, 2016, 6:38:30 PM8/20/16
On Sunday, July 13, 1997 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Michael Rivero wrote:
Does anyone know anything about this young lady?

http://newsok.com/article/2614699
This tells what happened to Demetrice Roy Littlejohn