JOHNNY FRANKLIN LAWHON, R.I.P.

j...@inxpress.net

Mar 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/31/98

This is the man who found the checks in the tornado-wrecked car.

They said it was a car wreck.

None of the copyrighted material below may be used for
commercial purposes, and is posted here for educational
purposes only.

=============

JOHNNY FRANKLIN LAWHON, JR., 29, of Mabelvale, passed away Sunday,
March 29, 1998. He was a manager of Johnny's Transmission. He is
survived by his parents, Johnny and Glenda Lawhon of Mabelvale;
one brother, James Hoyette Lawhon of Mabelvale and his grandmother,
Mary Josile Lawhon of Ft. Worth, Texas. Funeral services will be
2 p.m. Thursday, April 2, 1998 at Cornerstone Church of the Nazarene
by Huson Funeral Home, 6400 Mabelvale Pike, Little Rock with Rev.
Ron Willard officiating. Burial will follow at Redfield City
Cemetery. Visitation will be Wednesday, 6 p.m.-8 p.m. at the
funeral home. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to
Cornerstone Church of the Nazarene.

==============

From: "Bill Nalty" <CBa...@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 16:18:49 -0600
Subject: McDougal: With Clinton Check Came 'Heat'

Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
November 7, 1997

McDougal: With Clinton check came 'heat'

By JOE STUMPE

Whitewater felon James McDougal wouldn't say Thursday why a
cashier's check for $27,600 was written from his savings and
loan to Bill Clinton, who says he never borrowed money from
the institution.

McDougal suggested the 15-year-old check's discovery -- in the
trunk of a junked car in south Little Rock -- has caused him
trouble with his jailers.

"Immediately concurrent'' with the check being found, McDougal
said, "I started getting a lot of heat" in the Federal Medical
Center in Fort Worth, Texas, where he is serving a three-year
sentence.

"I am a prisoner of the executive branch," said McDougal, who
is cooperating with Whitewater independent counsel Kenneth Starr's
investigation into President Clinton's business dealings in
Arkansas during the 1980s. McDougal did not explain why the
administration would want to pressure him.

According to McDougal and others, Starr has presented witnesses
who testified about the check to the Whitewater grand jury.

Clinton swore under oath last year that he "never borrowed any
money" from McDougal's Madison Guaranty Savings and Loan Association.
McDougal and his former wife, Susan, were partners with Bill and
Hillary Rodham Clinton in Whitewater Development Corp.

Thursday, Clinton's attorney, David Kendall, quoted from a 1995
Resolution Trust Corp. report in denying any wrongdoing by the
president. In 1989, the Resolution Trust Corp. took over Madison
Guaranty, which failed at a cost to taxpayers of about $65 million.

The Resolution Trust Corp. report found that McDougal borrowed
$30,000 from the Madison Bank in Kingston for Whitewater Development
Corp. in 1981. McDougal also owned the Kingston bank.

The Clintons did not sign the loan agreement.

In 1982, the Resolution Trust Corp. report found, the unpaid
portion of the loan was retired with a $27,600 payment. The source
of the payment was not recorded in Madison Bank records.

"If authentic, this alleged check appears simply to represent the
payment to Madison Bank of Whitewater Development Company's $30,000
loan obtained by Jim McDougal," Kendall said.

Kendall declined to comment on why the check was made out to
Clinton.

"I can't comment on a document I haven't seen, but the president
certainly had nothing to do with this," Kendall said.

The Resolution Trust Corp. report also concluded that the loan's
retirement "indirectly benefited" the Clintons by reducing
Whitewater's debt.

Johnny Lawhon, who found the check this spring, refused to talk
about it at Johnny's Transmission in south Little Rock.

Earlier this year, Lawhon confirmed that he had happened upon
Whitewater-related materials, but he declined to elaborate.
Lawhon runs the repair shop, which is owned by his retired
father.

"He [Clinton] is the most powerful man in the world," Lawhon
said Thursday.

According to one person who saw the check, Lawhon found it among
a trunk full of documents in a car that had been left at the shop
in a payment dispute about 10 years ago.

Lawhon was preparing to have the car, which had been damaged in
the March 1 tornadoes, destroyed.

"It just looked like a bunch of checks," the person, who spoke
on condition of anonymity, said.

Henry Floyd, who as a messenger for Madison Guaranty, told The
Associated Press that he was supposed to deliver the documents
for storage in 1988 but went to have the car repaired.

Floyd never retrieved the car after a payment dispute and forgot
about the documents in its trunk.

Floyd appeared before the grand jury on Aug. 6 but declined to
talk to reporters at the time.

The Associated Press reported that an individual who has seen
the check says its back is stamped with the names of two Arkansas
banks: Madison Bank in Kingston, where Mrs. Clinton also had a
$30,000 loan in the early 1980s; and Union National Bank in
Little Rock, where the Clintons and McDougals had a joint $20,000
loan related to Whitewater. McDougal had other loans at Union
National.

There was also at least one check among the documents made out to
former Gov. Jim Guy Tucker, who was convicted along with McDougal
and Susan McDougal last year.

Lawhorn turned the documents over to federal investigators.

McDougal said he knew that Floyd testified before the grand jury
about the check, which he described as being of obvious interest
to Starr's office.

"Immediately after they found it they were pretty excited,"
McDougal said.

About the same time, McDougal said, prison officials threatened
to extend his sentence by a month and cut off media interviews for
two months in a dispute over a urine test.

Information for this article was contributed by Bill Simmons of the
Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.

Copyright 1997, Little Rock Newspapers, Inc.

Toni Howard

Mar 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/31/98

Bill Kasper wrote:

> j...@inxpress.net put it all together when he said:
>
> =This is the man who found the checks in the tornado-wrecked car.
> =
> =They said it was a car wreck.
> <snip>
>
> Gee, with McDougal dead and now Lawhon, what's the Clinton body count up to
> now, over 100?
>
> Folks would have longer life expectancies standing 500 yards from a 10
> kiloton atomic explosion than shaking hands with Our President. The guy is
> Executive Agent Orange...
>CLINTON-WITNESS LIFE EXPECTANCY
HITS ALL TIME LOW

With the death at age 29 of Little Rock transmission shop owner
Johnny Lawhon, the average life expectancy for witnesses against
Bill Clinton has dropped dramatically. Lawhon, who last year
discovered a Madison Guaranty Savings and Loan cashiers check
made out to Bill Clinton in the trunk of an abandoned car, died in
a car crash early Sunday morning. He becomes the second witness
connected to that evidence to die within a month. The first, former
Madison Guaranty owner James McDougal, was found dead in his jail
cell just three weeks prior to Lawhon's fatal accident.
Prior to Lawhon's death, insurance industry experts had calculated
the average life expectancy for Clinton scandal witnesses at a full
49.3 years. But given Mr. Lawhon's relative youth, Clinton-witness
actuarial tables have been revised down to a median AOD (age of death)
of just 44.8 years.
That figure may plummet even further, should actuarial experts
decide to include the death of former White House intern Mary Caity
Mahoney, who was shot to death last year at the age of 25.
Given this trend, industry sources say they may begin screening
life insurance candidates for a new risk factor - a past or present,
direct or indirect association with Bill Clinton. Such a risk
factor might be weighed in the manner insurers currently evaluate
those who participate in high-risk activities like skydiving,
motorcycling or heavy smoking.
Carl of Oyster Bay

--
A Collection of Clinton's favorite hits as

suggested by those at a.c.e.c.w.:

http://www.imagemuse.com/Clinton/bars.htm

More suggestions are welcome.

http://www.imagemuse.com

http://www.imagemuse.com/Satyer/Satyer.html

mailto:Antoni...@Worldnet.att.net

Bill Kasper

Apr 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/1/98

j...@inxpress.net put it all together when he said:

=This is the man who found the checks in the tornado-wrecked car.

=
=They said it was a car wreck.
<snip>

Gee, with McDougal dead and now Lawhon, what's the Clinton body count up to
now, over 100?

Folks would have longer life expectancies standing 500 yards from a 10
kiloton atomic explosion than shaking hands with Our President. The guy is
Executive Agent Orange...

Bill Kasper, Militia of One,
SIGINT, Mechanized Information Cavalry, VR-WC->
"Get Mean-spirited"