OT: Blizzard of '93

Cassandra J. Nichols

Nov 12, 2003, 10:36:46 PM11/12/03
I remember the Blizzard of '93. I lived in Pennsylvania at the time.
Grocery stores were packed the night before in anticipation of not being
able to travel for a few days. I think the schools closed 18 days that
year due to bad weather.

--
- Cassandra J. Nichols

Dan Posluns

Nov 12, 2003, 11:12:57 PM11/12/03
In article <c%Csb.391$MB4.384@lakeread02>,

I remember the Blizzard of '93 as if it were a current event.

Dan.

--
Dan Posluns - remove the obvious from my e-mail address to reply
http://www.danposluns.com

Brillo

Nov 13, 2003, 1:07:27 AM11/13/03
On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 04:12:57 GMT, Dan Posluns wrote:

> In article <c%Csb.391$MB4.384@lakeread02>,
> "Cassandra J. Nichols" <cass...@softhome.net> wrote:
>
>> I remember the Blizzard of '93. I lived in Pennsylvania at the time.
>> Grocery stores were packed the night before in anticipation of not being
>> able to travel for a few days. I think the schools closed 18 days that
>> year due to bad weather.
>
> I remember the Blizzard of '93 as if it were a current event.

I don't, but I got the t-shirt.

--
Brillo

Katyanna

Nov 13, 2003, 1:52:30 AM11/13/03

I don't remember it either, but then, I lived 45 minutes from
Orlando at the time.

You know, I think that was the year they forecast a possibility
of snow in Tampa, though.

--
Kat

"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out
of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."
-Frank Lloyd Wright

Cassandra J. Nichols

Nov 13, 2003, 9:43:00 AM11/13/03
Dan Posluns wrote:

> I remember the Blizzard of '93 as if it were a current event.

It'll always be current... as long as you keep it in your heart.

Edwyn

Nov 14, 2003, 5:59:22 PM11/14/03

Blizzard of 93? I don't think that's happened yet.

Can you imagine? In 2093, people are going to have such a
terrible blizzard that they have a newsgroup dedicated to it,
IN THE PAST. @_@ Oooh. Spooky.

-Edwyn

Cassandra J. Nichols

Nov 14, 2003, 8:19:30 PM11/14/03
Edwyn wrote:

> Blizzard of 93? I don't think that's happened yet.
>
> Can you imagine? In 2093, people are going to have such a
> terrible blizzard that they have a newsgroup dedicated to it,
> IN THE PAST. @_@ Oooh. Spooky.

Well, they said the Internet was the future.

Brillo

Nov 15, 2003, 3:20:37 AM11/15/03

You are the future... our future.

You, Cassandra, are our only hope.

Without you, we might as well give up, shrivel up, and die right now.

I mean, like, no pressure or anything, but...

--
Brillo - Don't screw it up. Please... for the children...

Cassandra J. Nichols

Nov 19, 2003, 10:23:01 PM11/19/03
Brillo wrote:

> You are the future... our future.
>
> You, Cassandra, are our only hope.
>
> Without you, we might as well give up, shrivel up, and die right now.
>
> I mean, like, no pressure or anything, but...

This is all too reminiscient of high school.

NightShade

Dec 2, 2003, 4:35:04 AM12/2/03
In this case, graduate.

The Shadester.

"Cassandra J. Nichols" <cass...@softhome.net> wrote in message

Cassandra J. Nichols

Dec 2, 2003, 9:59:21 AM12/2/03
NightShade wrote:

> Cassandra J. Nichols wrote:
>
>> This is all too reminiscient of high school.
>

> In this case, graduate.

College and university just so happen to be a touch harder than high
school, so this may take a while.

Katyanna

Dec 3, 2003, 4:06:36 AM12/3/03
On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 10:35:04 +0100, "NightShade"
<mario.l...@bluewin.ch> wrote:

>In this case, graduate.
>
>The Shadester.

Nightshade! ^_^

Care for a drink? :)

NightShade

Dec 3, 2003, 8:18:16 AM12/3/03

> NightShade wrote:
>
> > Cassandra J. Nichols wrote:
> >
> >> This is all too reminiscient of high school.
> >
> > In this case, graduate.
>
> College and university just so happen to be a touch harder than high
> school, so this may take a while.

Well, then, let's hope you finish it before the Blizzard of '93. There's
enough time still, though :)

The Shadester

NightShade

Dec 3, 2003, 8:18:57 AM12/3/03
"Katyanna" <K...@cat.com> wrote in message

> On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 10:35:04 +0100, "NightShade"
> <mario.l...@bluewin.ch> wrote:
>
> >In this case, graduate.
> >
> >The Shadester.
>
> Nightshade! ^_^
>
> Care for a drink? :)

Who's taken over Vincent's Snow Bar in the meantime?

--
The Shadester

Cassandra J. Nichols

Dec 3, 2003, 9:31:14 AM12/3/03
NightShade wrote:

> Who's taken over Vincent's Snow Bar in the meantime?

I think that was actually formally addressed several years ago here, but
I couldn't find anything about it in Google Groups.

Katyanna

Dec 3, 2003, 3:27:54 PM12/3/03
On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 07:31:14 -0700, "Cassandra J. Nichols"
<cass...@softhome.net> wrote:

>NightShade wrote:
>
>> Who's taken over Vincent's Snow Bar in the meantime?
>
>I think that was actually formally addressed several years ago here, but
>I couldn't find anything about it in Google Groups.

Not formally addressed, really. Every now and then someone just
breaks in and opens it up for business. Usually me. ;)

NightShade

Dec 4, 2003, 3:13:31 AM12/4/03
"Katyanna" <K...@IsNotHere.com> wrote in message

> On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 07:31:14 -0700, "Cassandra J. Nichols"
> <cass...@softhome.net> wrote:
>
> >NightShade wrote:
> >
> >> Who's taken over Vincent's Snow Bar in the meantime?
> >
> >I think that was actually formally addressed several years ago here, but
> >I couldn't find anything about it in Google Groups.
>
> Not formally addressed, really. Every now and then someone just
> breaks in and opens it up for business. Usually me. ;)

So what are we waiting for? I'm dying for a drink here!

--
The Shadester

Cassandra J. Nichols

Dec 4, 2003, 10:09:46 AM12/4/03
Katyanna wrote:

> Not formally addressed, really. Every now and then someone just

> breaks in and opens it [the bar] up for business. Usually me. ;)

I'll have an OJ on the rocks.

Eyeglazer

Dec 4, 2003, 4:50:13 PM12/4/03
In defince of the Ennui Edicts, Cassandra J. Nichols wrote:

>Katyanna wrote:
>
>> Not formally addressed, really. Every now and then someone just
>> breaks in and opens it [the bar] up for business. Usually me. ;)
>
>I'll have an OJ on the rocks.

I'll have a bottle of 180 proof.

That one somehow falls flat now that I'm old enough to drink and still
refuse to. -_-;;

--

Eyeglazer, Lord of Boredom.

Abandon hope, and ye abolish fear.

NightShade

Dec 4, 2003, 4:59:02 PM12/4/03

"Eyeglazer" <no...@none.none> wrote in message

> In defince of the Ennui Edicts, Cassandra J. Nichols wrote:
>
> >Katyanna wrote:
> >
> >> Not formally addressed, really. Every now and then someone just
> >> breaks in and opens it [the bar] up for business. Usually me. ;)
> >
> >I'll have an OJ on the rocks.
>
> I'll have a bottle of 180 proof.

> That one somehow falls flat now that I'm old enough to drink and still
> refuse to. -_-;;

You could still get some Ice Cold Orange Juice, if you wanted to...

--
The Shadester

Katyanna

Dec 5, 2003, 1:57:31 AM12/5/03

So umm.... what do you want? ;)

Katyanna

Dec 5, 2003, 1:58:25 AM12/5/03
On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 08:09:46 -0700, "Cassandra J. Nichols"
<cass...@softhome.net> wrote:

>Katyanna wrote:
>
>> Not formally addressed, really. Every now and then someone just
>> breaks in and opens it [the bar] up for business. Usually me. ;)
>
>I'll have an OJ on the rocks.

Okay!

*slides Cassie her drink, then poors a Sunny D and vodka mix for
herself*

Katyanna

Dec 5, 2003, 1:59:02 AM12/5/03
On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 15:50:13 -0600, Eyeglazer <no...@none.none>
wrote:

>In defince of the Ennui Edicts, Cassandra J. Nichols wrote:
>
>>Katyanna wrote:
>>
>>> Not formally addressed, really. Every now and then someone just
>>> breaks in and opens it [the bar] up for business. Usually me. ;)
>>
>>I'll have an OJ on the rocks.
>
>I'll have a bottle of 180 proof.

>That one somehow falls flat now that I'm old enough to drink and still
>refuse to. -_-;;

I keep TRYING to find something you might drink, but of course,
you keep refusing. ^^;;

Cassandra J. Nichols

Dec 5, 2003, 12:00:43 PM12/5/03
Katyanna wrote:

> *slides Cassie her drink, then poors a Sunny D and vodka mix for
> herself*

Sounds like a psuedo-screwdriver.

Edwyn

Dec 5, 2003, 10:18:02 PM12/5/03

I desire the blood of virgin maidens. With an umbrella.

-Edwyn

Katyanna

Dec 5, 2003, 11:55:23 PM12/5/03
On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 10:00:43 -0700, "Cassandra J. Nichols"
<cass...@softhome.net> wrote:

>Katyanna wrote:
>
>> *slides Cassie her drink, then poors a Sunny D and vodka mix for
>> herself*
>
>Sounds like a psuedo-screwdriver.

Aye. I have a mild allergy to citrus that gives me a rash, but
Sunny D doesn't cause that problem, so I use what works.

Katyanna

Dec 5, 2003, 11:55:57 PM12/5/03

Awww.... I don't qualify...

Would I do if I offered, anyway? ;)

Cassandra J. Nichols

Dec 6, 2003, 12:44:10 AM12/6/03
Edwyn wrote:

> I desire the blood of virgin maidens. With an umbrella.

Through what means did you hope to acquire this blood? Or are you picky?

Cassandra J. Nichols

Dec 6, 2003, 12:45:43 AM12/6/03
Katyanna wrote:

> Aye. I have a mild allergy to citrus that gives me a rash, but
> Sunny D doesn't cause that problem, so I use what works.

I have a poor reaction to Sunny D, myself. It's called taste. :)

I prefer orange juice from concentrate with pulp, myself.

NightShade

Dec 6, 2003, 7:01:52 AM12/6/03

> On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 09:13:31 +0100, "NightShade"
> <mario.l...@bluewin.ch> wrote:
>
> >"Katyanna" <K...@IsNotHere.com> wrote in message

> >> Not formally addressed, really. Every now and then someone just
> >> breaks in and opens it up for business. Usually me. ;)
> >>

> >So what are we waiting for? I'm dying for a drink here!
>
> So umm.... what do you want? ;)

Uhm... No idea, really. I'm not that thirsty.

Oh well, make it a Bloody Jane on the rocks.

--
The Shadester

Dan Posluns

Dec 6, 2003, 9:11:32 AM12/6/03
In article <d7o2tvs4cjdf59tkg...@4ax.com>,
Katyanna <K...@IsNotHere.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 10:00:43 -0700, "Cassandra J. Nichols"
> <cass...@softhome.net> wrote:
>
> >Katyanna wrote:
> >
> >> *slides Cassie her drink, then poors a Sunny D and vodka mix for
> >> herself*
> >
> >Sounds like a psuedo-screwdriver.
>
> Aye. I have a mild allergy to citrus that gives me a rash, but
> Sunny D doesn't cause that problem, so I use what works.

THAT'S BECAUSE IT'S MOSTLY CORN OIL AND SUGAR

Dan.

--
Dan Posluns - remove the obvious from my e-mail address to reply
http://www.danposluns.com
ICQ: 35758902

Katyanna

Dec 7, 2003, 1:29:43 AM12/7/03
On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 14:11:32 GMT, Dan Posluns
<d...@removeallexceptdanposluns.com> wrote:

>In article <d7o2tvs4cjdf59tkg...@4ax.com>,
> Katyanna <K...@IsNotHere.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 10:00:43 -0700, "Cassandra J. Nichols"
>> <cass...@softhome.net> wrote:

>> >Sounds like a psuedo-screwdriver.
>>
>> Aye. I have a mild allergy to citrus that gives me a rash, but
>> Sunny D doesn't cause that problem, so I use what works.
>
>THAT'S BECAUSE IT'S MOSTLY CORN OIL AND SUGAR

Well, yeah. But it provides the effect I'm looking for, wo
that's okay. ;)

Katyanna

Dec 7, 2003, 1:30:06 AM12/7/03
On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 13:01:52 +0100, "NightShade"
<mario.l...@bluewin.ch> wrote:

>"Katyanna" <K...@IsNotHere.com> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 09:13:31 +0100, "NightShade"
>> <mario.l...@bluewin.ch> wrote:
>>
>> >"Katyanna" <K...@IsNotHere.com> wrote in message

>but

>> >So what are we waiting for? I'm dying for a drink here!
>>
>> So umm.... what do you want? ;)
>>

>Uhm... No idea, really. I'm not that thirsty.
>
>Oh well, make it a Bloody Jane on the rocks.

Here ya go. Enjoy. :)

NightShade

Dec 7, 2003, 12:06:26 PM12/7/03

> >> So umm.... what do you want? ;)
> >>

> >Uhm... No idea, really. I'm not that thirsty.
> >
> >Oh well, make it a Bloody Jane on the rocks.
>
> Here ya go. Enjoy. :)

Wow. That was quick! Just 24 hours. Thanks!

--
The Shadester

Cassandra J. Nichols

Dec 7, 2003, 2:12:55 PM12/7/03
NightShade wrote:

> Katyanna wrote:

>> NightShade wrote:
>>
>>> Oh well, make it a Bloody Jane on the rocks.
>>
>>Here ya go. Enjoy. :)
>
> Wow. That was quick! Just 24 hours. Thanks!

You get what you pay for!

NightShade

Dec 7, 2003, 10:07:29 PM12/7/03

> NightShade wrote:
>
> > Katyanna wrote:

> >>Here ya go. Enjoy. :)
> >
> > Wow. That was quick! Just 24 hours. Thanks!
>
> You get what you pay for!

That's not true.

I got something for nothing.

--
The Shadester

Brillo

Dec 8, 2003, 1:32:18 AM12/8/03

I'll desire ya'...

--
Brillo (Did that make any sense?)

Katyanna

Dec 8, 2003, 4:01:09 PM12/8/03

Sue me. I work two jobs. ;)

Katyanna

Dec 8, 2003, 4:01:53 PM12/8/03
On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 12:12:55 -0700, "Cassandra J. Nichols"
<cass...@softhome.net> wrote:

>NightShade wrote:
>
>> Katyanna wrote:

>>>Here ya go. Enjoy. :)
>>
>> Wow. That was quick! Just 24 hours. Thanks!
>
>You get what you pay for!

Yeah, and considering that I don't get paid for this...

Wait a minute. That's not right....

...... bah.

Cassandra J. Nichols

Dec 8, 2003, 4:49:20 PM12/8/03
Katyanna wrote:

> Cassandra J. Nichols wrote:
>
>> You get what you pay for!
>
> Yeah, and considering that I don't get paid for this...
>
> Wait a minute. That's not right....
>

> ....... bah.

I'm sure the bartendress can drink all she wants.

Katyanna

Dec 8, 2003, 7:34:36 PM12/8/03

That's true. Almost makes it worth it. :)

Cassandra J. Nichols

Dec 8, 2003, 9:21:13 PM12/8/03
Katyanna wrote:

> Cassandra J. Nichols wrote:

>> I'm sure the bartendress can drink all she wants.
>
> That's true. Almost makes it worth it. :)

Almost? What else do you want? Bathroom rights? Employee nap room? Free
pretzels?

NightShade

Dec 8, 2003, 10:02:01 PM12/8/03

> On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 18:06:26 +0100, "NightShade"
> <mario.l...@bluewin.ch> wrote:
>

> >"Katyanna" <K...@IsNotHere.com> wrote in message

> >> Here ya go. Enjoy. :)
> >>

> >Wow. That was quick! Just 24 hours. Thanks!
>
> Sue me. I work two jobs. ;)

We're not sue-happy on this side of the Pond. We express discontent by doing
bad things to the paint of your car.

--
The Shadester

Eyeglazer

Dec 9, 2003, 5:02:24 PM12/9/03
In defince of the Ennui Edicts, NightShade wrote:

>> Sue me. I work two jobs. ;)
>>

>We're not sue-happy on this side of the Pond. We express discontent by doing
>bad things to the paint of your car.

Sadly, that's probably more humane and less petty than the custom over
here.

NightShade

Dec 9, 2003, 5:35:14 PM12/9/03

> In defince of the Ennui Edicts, NightShade wrote:
>
> >> Sue me. I work two jobs. ;)
> >>

> >We're not sue-happy on this side of the Pond. We express discontent by
doing
> >bad things to the paint of your car.
>
> Sadly, that's probably more humane and less petty than the custom over
> here.

And, all things considered, less expensive for both parties even if you get
caught in the act and fined...

--
The Shadester

Eyeglazer

Dec 9, 2003, 7:11:40 PM12/9/03
In defince of the Ennui Edicts, NightShade wrote:

>"Eyeglazer" <no...@none.none> wrote in message

>> >We're not sue-happy on this side of the Pond. We express discontent by
>doing
>> >bad things to the paint of your car.
>>
>> Sadly, that's probably more humane and less petty than the custom over
>> here.
>>
>And, all things considered, less expensive for both parties even if you get
>caught in the act and fined...

The same side wins every court case. Specifically, that side is the
lawyers.

NightShade

Dec 9, 2003, 9:29:44 PM12/9/03
"Eyeglazer" <no...@none.none> wrote in message

That's pretty much a univeral constant...

--
The Shadester

Cassandra J. Nichols

Feb 18, 2018, 11:24:15 PM2/18/18
On 2003-12-03 5:18 AM, NightShade wrote:

> "Cassandra J. Nichols" wrote:
>
>> College and university just so happen to be a touch harder than high
>> school, so this may take a while.
>
> Well, then, let's hope you finish it before the Blizzard of '93. There's
> enough time still, though :)

Thanks for the encouragement. I managed to finish.

Cassandra J. Nichols

Feb 18, 2018, 11:38:42 PM2/18/18
On 2003-12-05 9:45 PM, Cassandra J. Nichols wrote:

> I prefer orange juice from concentrate with pulp, myself.

Update: I prefer not from concentrate, but still like pulp, unless I'm sick.