Helloooo....anybody home?

Jonny

Jan 18, 2004, 8:09:10 AM1/18/04

::the sound of an ice-cream truck slowly gets nearer and nearer untill it pulls up in the
middle of teh town square....or what may be the townsquare...it could
be a swimming pool....hard to tell under all the snow. The guy called
Jonny sticks his head out the window and....::

ICE CREAM!!!! GET YA ICE CREAM!!!!! FREEEEEEZIN' COLD ICE CREAM! GET
EM WHILE THEY'RE COLD!

Greetings Y'all and good tidings to thee and thine this new year which
is of 2004 years since we decided the forwards counting started.

Taking me a few minutes to get used to Agent again...I think possible
*all* my setting are wrong. But nevermind, I'll muddle through and
stuff.

First of all I was gonna e-mail this crap to a few people...but then I
discovered the addresses I have are out of date. So I would be much
obliged if someone would send me e-mail addresses for all the old
AGFFer's/Blizzarder's so I don't lose touch forever (especially for
Greg and X).

Anyway, then I thought I'd post this on AGFF but I thought why not
ease myself in through the ice-type-gateway that is
ALT.CURRENT-EVENTS.BLIZZARD-OF-93!!!! See....sounds importent and
everything.

Anyway. Long time no speak n' such. How's everything going? What're
you all up to these days?

I don't suppose I can really cover half of what I've been up to or
even remember it all so I spose I'll have to summerise a few things.
That and I think I'll cut out a few grim personal details. Well... I
completed my BTEC in Music Technology and attempted to go to Uni but
completely lost my mind and was on anti-depressents. That was the
second breakdown I had as the other happened in college so it's a
miracle I passed in the end. Ended up dealing drugs to make ends meet
(I had moved out into a house with a friend). The house was fun and
involved a good amount sex and partying but our next door neighbour
was a mental old woman and so it kinda turned into the war of the
crazy people which she eventually won as we got kicked out. I admit
about 45% of it was out fault, but she seriously is a bitch. Even her
kids stick dogshit though her letter box...which may be part of why
she was so bonkers. One minute crying to us about her life and the
next calling the police on our
TV watching. It was a crazy time. Full of love, hate, mental trauma
and drugs...

Too much in too short of a time which probably contributed to me
losing it. Also the fact that the first girl I ever slept with
eventually decided she wanted to go out with someone else in the end.
Anyway as you can guess it was all a large intricate soap opera.

But that was all at the beggining of the year really. Since then I had
my first 'official' girlfriend who I went out with even though I was
still in love with the her best friend (the girl I mentioned before).
Life can be a crazy soap opera sometimes....

Although I'm actually skipping a large bit here envolving the worst
event of my life but I don't really wish to post that bit up on a
newsgroup. Anyway, great trauma that I'll never really get over and I
still have nightmares about.

Things are okay these days really. There's been many happy times
since. I've got a job for a local record store where I sell records
and mechandise on ebay. I'm actually now the "online auction manager"
which means I'm kinda in charge of putting everything on ebay and
running everything (e-mails etc). Check out the xrecords-store thing
here if your intrested...
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=xrecords-store&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

We did have an online store as well but it was bringing up too many
problems.

I went to leeds festival and had the maddest and most amazing time
seeing loads of bands and partying my ass off. I also experimented
with herbal trips at leeds which was definatly something I'm glad I
tried at least once, even if I decide not to do them again. I left on
the thursday morning and wasn't sober until the next thursday (heh).
Many wild stories from then but I don't wanna make this post too
longwinded (aka Greg-i-fied). Saw a load of bands so I'll only post
the list if someone's remotely intrested (cus I have to try and
remember them all using the programme). Metallica headlined anyway,
they were okay although not as awesome as I had imagined them to be.

I've done some of the best gigs and raves with hundreds turning up to
see me DJ (occasionly I drop in an old M-Tek tune). Doing the harder
techno mostly and some hip-hop although I do allsorts. The last one
got raided actually when we had it in the woods and they must have
sent the majority of the towns police force as well as some of the
Salford and Manchester forces too. Cars, Vans, Dogs and even the
helicopter. Some of the police were a bit rough though and brutilized
one of my friends and pushed me in the freezing cold river before
kicking our speakers in. I'm starting to have a real hatred for our
police force. They're all racist thugs on power trips with no real
care for the community they're supposed to protect.

Got a big rave coming up on Valentine's day, unsure of the venue yet
but it's gonna be legal. We'll have various DJ's from round the
Northwest of england from some good soundsystems (we're called GASH
Soundsystem), a hard dance room and a chillout room and also various
stores (possibly selling herbal highs). Oh yeah, we're getting the
people from the Sunrise events to decorate too.

Talkin' about decorating I've done some good graffiti projects round
and about with my crew as well.... anyway that's a general summary of
my year. I think it's all dragging on and most people will have
skipped most of that crap.

There was bad and there was good. But right now I'm back living with
my family, I feel loved and I have money coming into the bank as well
as some good friends. So I'm doing alright for now.

Well I guess it's time to drag out and dust off the ol' sig and give
it a re-vamp.

PS - May be relaunching my old website

--
- Jonny

X-Records Ebay Department

Mini-Greg Level 52
Sluto #18
Wielder of the Materia Saber, LCM1 hand blaster and BFOKS
Owner of Jonny's Ice Cream Store (Closed for re-furnishing) (See alt.current-events.blizzard-of-93)
Defender of Cassandra
Conquerer of VTAN
Eater of Bagels
AGFF Veteran

"Someone once told him that bagels and cream cheese
were the food of the gods."
- Chapter 10 of Space: Above and Beyond

All my points, medals and stuff are in the freezer to save bandwidth as it's too extensive.

-----
"She always is complaining that I'm poking her... I'm sorry, I get
stimulated easily..." - Funk
-----

AIM: JonnyAGFF
EbayID: xrecords-store

www.xrecords.co.uk

To see our ebay auctions click here...

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=xrecords-store&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

Dan Posluns

Jan 18, 2004, 1:19:55 PM1/18/04
In article <j7vk00th9d4pdfk4s...@4ax.com>,
Jonny <Jon...@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

> Greetings Y'all and good tidings to thee and thine this new year which
> is of 2004 years since we decided the forwards counting started.

Welcome back to the newsgroup that sits in its death-throes but refuses
to actually die.

Dan.

--
Dan Posluns - remove the obvious from my e-mail address to reply
http://www.danposluns.com

Katyanna

Jan 19, 2004, 1:59:12 AM1/19/04
On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 13:09:10 +0000, Jonny <Jon...@dsl.pipex.com>
wrote:

<snippity lotsa happenings>

Long time, no see, Jonny. Sounds like you've been real busy
since I saw you last. Good to see you again and good to see
you're doing well.

I wish I could say that I knew e-mail addies for AGFFers and ACE
peeps, but I'm afraid I don't know many anymore. I keep up with
most people in AIM that I still talk to. Haven't talked to Greg
in a long time, though I do occasionally talk to Leareth. Still
talk to Edwyn sometimes, too. Haven't heard from X in ages,
though several months ago (6 maybe) he messaged my brother by
accident, thinking he was Greg, I think.

Anyway, in other news on my front, since we're on the subject of
giving synopsis of life events, Eyeglazer and I live together
now, and have for bout the last year (wow, it's been a year
already). I've been running 3 households for about 9 months
since my mother's been in Ohio taking care of my slowly dying
grandmother. I received a raise at work that is gradually trying
to kill me, I'm convinced. I've done more travelling this year
than I have in the last 3 years, I think. Going first to New
York with Dana and Eyeglazer to move Eyeglazer here, then to
Mississippi for a moving party with Dana and a mutual friend,
then driving to Ohio to visit my ailing grandmother, then to
Baltimore where I saw CX, Crunchie, Wyvern, Slipgate, and
Craxton. Let's see... then it was to Connecticut to see an
ailing relative to Eyeglazer's, and finally, to Vermont to spend
Thanksgiving with Eyeglazer's family.

It's been a busy year around here, too. ^^;;

Anyway, good to see ya. Cheers!

--
Kat

"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out
of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."
-Frank Lloyd Wright

Cassandra J. Nichols

Jan 19, 2004, 2:54:16 PM1/19/04
Katyanna wrote:

> I wish I could say that I knew e-mail addies for AGFFers and ACE
> peeps, but I'm afraid I don't know many anymore. I keep up with
> most people in AIM that I still talk to.

I have a list of AGFF members' AIM names that I compiled three or four
years ago. I can send it to you, if you like.

--
- Cassandra J. Nichols

Cassandra J. Nichols

Jan 19, 2004, 3:00:47 PM1/19/04
Jonny wrote:

> ::the sound of an ice-cream truck slowly gets nearer and nearer untill it pulls up in the
> middle of teh town square....or what may be the townsquare...it could
> be a swimming pool....hard to tell under all the snow. The guy called
> Jonny sticks his head out the window and....::
>
> ICE CREAM!!!! GET YA ICE CREAM!!!!! FREEEEEEZIN' COLD ICE CREAM! GET
> EM WHILE THEY'RE COLD!

I'll take a bomb pop, or whatever the three-flavoured popsicle is called.

> Greetings Y'all and good tidings to thee and thine this new year which
> is of 2004 years since we decided the forwards counting started.

If we counted down we'd expect something at the end!

> Anyway, then I thought I'd post this on AGFF but I thought why not
> ease myself in through the ice-type-gateway that is
> ALT.CURRENT-EVENTS.BLIZZARD-OF-93!!!! See....sounds importent and
> everything.

Was this group originally created for the American Blizzard of '93?

> Anyway. Long time no speak n' such. How's everything going? What're
> you all up to these days?

I'm going to university still. I might get a masters degree by the time
I'm thirty at this rate. I'm still majoring in electrical engineering,
for now.

I'm currently working two jobs, one in retail and the other in technical
support for a bandwidth supported and usenet provider. This, plus going
to two schools, keeps me really busy! My social life is limited to Sundays.

> Well I guess it's time to drag out and dust off the ol' sig and give
> it a re-vamp.

I think you will need to explain your sig. There's a lot of things in
there I don't remember. I'll paste mine, as well, just for fun.

> PS - May be relaunching my old website

Go for it!

--
- Cassandra J. Nichols

1 Algebra Point
5 Cutey Points
.72 pointless trivia points
1 cabbit point
3.14159265359 metal arm points (Zohar)
NG 60 Slut Points (Animeg)
Owner of a useless piece of plastic (Crisis)

LtHorrock2 (1999/07/08 8:27:55 PM): "I proclaim you Cassie finder of
Jonny's Underwear....you don't need to put that in your sig by the way."

CX

Jan 20, 2004, 1:12:15 PM1/20/04
Jonny <Jon...@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message news:<j7vk00th9d4pdfk4s...@4ax.com>...
<snipping stuff>

Dude, long time no see. (Like I'm one to talk.) Glad to know you're
doing well, or at least as well as can be expected.

> I've done some of the best gigs and raves with hundreds turning up to
> see me DJ (occasionly I drop in an old M-Tek tune). Doing the harder
> techno mostly and some hip-hop although I do allsorts. The last one
> got raided actually when we had it in the woods and they must have
> sent the majority of the towns police force as well as some of the
> Salford and Manchester forces too. Cars, Vans, Dogs and even the
> helicopter. Some of the police were a bit rough though and brutilized
> one of my friends and pushed me in the freezing cold river before
> kicking our speakers in. I'm starting to have a real hatred for our
> police force. They're all racist thugs on power trips with no real
> care for the community they're supposed to protect.

Heh. That's one thing I wish I could get the chance to do in my life.
The rave thing. Not the get dumped in the river thing.

Anyway, this is about the only time I'll check in-- it was just on a
little search for Eye's sig, actually-- but I'm glad to see you're
well. Glad to see everyone's well. Drop by the site (you should be
able to figure it out) and have a look, if you so desire.

Peace to all.

CX

Cassandra J. Nichols

Jan 21, 2004, 1:54:16 PM1/21/04
CX wrote:

> Heh. That's one thing I wish I could get the chance to do in my life.
> The rave thing. Not the get dumped in the river thing.

Around here raves are (unfortunately?) an excuse to get high and dress
like an outcast. I've never been to one and don't plan to, at least not
as long as I live where I do.

Has anyone ever been to a Goth dance club? That's a lot of fun!

> Anyway, this is about the only time I'll check in-- it was just on a
> little search for Eye's sig, actually-- but I'm glad to see you're
> well. Glad to see everyone's well. Drop by the site (you should be
> able to figure it out) and have a look, if you so desire.

"The anime furry critter with which you most identify is... Ein (Cowboy
Bebop)

Nothing gets to you. Life is an adventure one step at a time, and
there's no rush."

So true!

Jonny

Jan 24, 2004, 6:40:54 PM1/24/04
On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 18:19:55 GMT, Dan Posluns
<d...@removeallexceptdanposluns.com> wrote:

>In article <j7vk00th9d4pdfk4s...@4ax.com>,
> Jonny <Jon...@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
>
>> Greetings Y'all and good tidings to thee and thine this new year which
>> is of 2004 years since we decided the forwards counting started.
>
>Welcome back to the newsgroup that sits in its death-throes but refuses
>to actually die.

I can't imagine it having a glorious death. Unless the whole world
ended with it.

Jonny

Jan 24, 2004, 6:42:58 PM1/24/04
On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 00:59:12 -0600, Katyanna <K...@IsNotHere.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 13:09:10 +0000, Jonny <Jon...@dsl.pipex.com>
>wrote:
>
><snippity lotsa happenings>
>
>Long time, no see, Jonny. Sounds like you've been real busy
>since I saw you last. Good to see you again and good to see
>you're doing well.
>
>I wish I could say that I knew e-mail addies for AGFFers and ACE
>peeps, but I'm afraid I don't know many anymore. I keep up with
>most people in AIM that I still talk to. Haven't talked to Greg
>in a long time, though I do occasionally talk to Leareth. Still
>talk to Edwyn sometimes, too. Haven't heard from X in ages,
>though several months ago (6 maybe) he messaged my brother by
>accident, thinking he was Greg, I think.

What did it say?
"Hey are you coming up for our yearly gay salsa dance?"

>Anyway, in other news on my front, since we're on the subject of
>giving synopsis of life events, Eyeglazer and I live together
>now, and have for bout the last year (wow, it's been a year
>already). I've been running 3 households for about 9 months
>since my mother's been in Ohio taking care of my slowly dying
>grandmother. I received a raise at work that is gradually trying
>to kill me, I'm convinced. I've done more travelling this year
>than I have in the last 3 years, I think. Going first to New
>York with Dana and Eyeglazer to move Eyeglazer here, then to
>Mississippi for a moving party with Dana and a mutual friend,
>then driving to Ohio to visit my ailing grandmother, then to
>Baltimore where I saw CX, Crunchie, Wyvern, Slipgate, and
>Craxton. Let's see... then it was to Connecticut to see an
>ailing relative to Eyeglazer's, and finally, to Vermont to spend
>Thanksgiving with Eyeglazer's family.

That's some good trekin'. If I got a decent amount of holiday someday
I'd like to meet everyone. Right now the bastards are giving me 15
days plus national holidays.

>It's been a busy year around here, too. ^^;;
>
>Anyway, good to see ya. Cheers!

And you. ^_^

Katyanna

Jan 24, 2004, 6:56:18 PM1/24/04
On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 23:42:58 +0000, Jonny <Jon...@dsl.pipex.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 00:59:12 -0600, Katyanna <K...@IsNotHere.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 13:09:10 +0000, Jonny <Jon...@dsl.pipex.com>
>>wrote:
>>
>><snippity lotsa happenings>
>>
>>Long time, no see, Jonny. Sounds like you've been real busy
>>since I saw you last. Good to see you again and good to see
>>you're doing well.
>>
>>I wish I could say that I knew e-mail addies for AGFFers and ACE
>>peeps, but I'm afraid I don't know many anymore. I keep up with
>>most people in AIM that I still talk to. Haven't talked to Greg
>>in a long time, though I do occasionally talk to Leareth. Still
>>talk to Edwyn sometimes, too. Haven't heard from X in ages,
>>though several months ago (6 maybe) he messaged my brother by
>>accident, thinking he was Greg, I think.
>>

>What did it say?
>"Hey are you coming up for our yearly gay salsa dance?"

I don't know. I wasn't there, and he didn't tell me. ;)

>>Anyway, in other news on my front, since we're on the subject of
>>giving synopsis of life events, Eyeglazer and I live together
>>now, and have for bout the last year (wow, it's been a year
>>already). I've been running 3 households for about 9 months
>>since my mother's been in Ohio taking care of my slowly dying
>>grandmother. I received a raise at work that is gradually trying
>>to kill me, I'm convinced. I've done more travelling this year
>>than I have in the last 3 years, I think. Going first to New
>>York with Dana and Eyeglazer to move Eyeglazer here, then to
>>Mississippi for a moving party with Dana and a mutual friend,
>>then driving to Ohio to visit my ailing grandmother, then to
>>Baltimore where I saw CX, Crunchie, Wyvern, Slipgate, and
>>Craxton. Let's see... then it was to Connecticut to see an
>>ailing relative to Eyeglazer's, and finally, to Vermont to spend
>>Thanksgiving with Eyeglazer's family.
>>

>That's some good trekin'. If I got a decent amount of holiday someday
>I'd like to meet everyone. Right now the bastards are giving me 15
>days plus national holidays.

They only give me 2 weeks total holiday. I just split that up
into two weeks by taking a week for Thanksgiving (actually, only
about 3-4 days since they'd changed my schedule again right
before my vacation), then taking a day here, two days there.
Most of the trips were on weekends.

>>It's been a busy year around here, too. ^^;;
>>
>>Anyway, good to see ya. Cheers!
>
>And you. ^_^

Otherwise, I mud on UOSSMUD, play FFTA on ROM and lose many
hours as a result, and work too much. I pulled a 10 1/2 hour day
Wednesday. ^^;;;

Jonny

Jan 24, 2004, 6:56:09 PM1/24/04
On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:00:47 -0700, "Cassandra J. Nichols"
<cass...@softhome.net> wrote:

>Jonny wrote:
>
>> ::the sound of an ice-cream truck slowly gets nearer and nearer untill it pulls up in the
>> middle of teh town square....or what may be the townsquare...it could
>> be a swimming pool....hard to tell under all the snow. The guy called
>> Jonny sticks his head out the window and....::
>>
>> ICE CREAM!!!! GET YA ICE CREAM!!!!! FREEEEEEZIN' COLD ICE CREAM! GET
>> EM WHILE THEY'RE COLD!
>
>I'll take a bomb pop, or whatever the three-flavoured popsicle is called.

At Jonny's Ice Creams we call it a Trisicle. Someone tried to ride one
once and had to see the doctor for frostbite. ::nods wisely::

>> Greetings Y'all and good tidings to thee and thine this new year which
>> is of 2004 years since we decided the forwards counting started.
>
>If we counted down we'd expect something at the end!

I expect something at the end anyway. I hear god has enough
marshmellows to sink creation and I plan on eating them all.

>> Anyway, then I thought I'd post this on AGFF but I thought why not
>> ease myself in through the ice-type-gateway that is
>> ALT.CURRENT-EVENTS.BLIZZARD-OF-93!!!! See....sounds importent and
>> everything.
>
>Was this group originally created for the American Blizzard of '93?

I presume so....although maybe it was created for the Egyptian
sandstorm of 1904...who can tell in this crazy world we live
in....unless your a vampire...then it's more like un-living.

>> Anyway. Long time no speak n' such. How's everything going? What're
>> you all up to these days?
>
>I'm going to university still. I might get a masters degree by the time
>I'm thirty at this rate. I'm still majoring in electrical engineering,
>for now.

That's why you were always the clever one and I was always....the
other one....or something...

>I'm currently working two jobs, one in retail and the other in technical
>support for a bandwidth supported and usenet provider. This, plus going
>to two schools, keeps me really busy! My social life is limited to Sundays.

Don't overdo yourself cus you might explode or something.

>> Well I guess it's time to drag out and dust off the ol' sig and give
>> it a re-vamp.
>
>I think you will need to explain your sig. There's a lot of things in
>there I don't remember. I'll paste mine, as well, just for fun.
>
>> PS - May be relaunching my old website
>
>Go for it!
>
>> --
>> - Jonny
>>
>> X-Records Ebay Department

This is obviously my new job thingy.

>> Mini-Greg Level 52

I hung around with Greg so much I was turning into him.

>> Sluto #18

Something I can't really remember....or don't want to.

>> Wielder of the Materia Saber, LCM1 hand blaster and BFOKS

My old usenet arsenal. BFOKS = Big F**k Off Klingon Sword

I loved my Materia Saber....It was like my dream weapon.

>> Owner of Jonny's Ice Cream Store (Closed for re-furnishing) (See alt.current-events.blizzard-of-93)

::points to the over side of the town square::

>> Defender of Cassandra

::defends Cassandra::

I think I have probably neglected my duties somewhat though, heh. The
old shining armor is rusty.

>> Conquerer of VTAN

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

I ruled that newsgroup.

They are all my bitches, heh.

>> Eater of Bagels

::munch::

>> AGFF Veteran

I survived it and lived to tell the tale.... I'm starting to feel like
my years are slipping away though.

>> "Someone once told him that bagels and cream cheese
>> were the food of the gods."
>> - Chapter 10 of Space: Above and Beyond

Apparanlty I read this book....mustn't have been very memorable....my
memory really is fucked these days....

>> AIM: JonnyAGFF
>> EbayID: xrecords-store

Blah.

>--
> - Cassandra J. Nichols
>
>1 Algebra Point
>5 Cutey Points
>.72 pointless trivia points
>1 cabbit point
>3.14159265359 metal arm points (Zohar)
>NG 60 Slut Points (Animeg)
>Owner of a useless piece of plastic (Crisis)

If only points meant prizes.

>LtHorrock2 (1999/07/08 8:27:55 PM): "I proclaim you Cassie finder of
>Jonny's Underwear....you don't need to put that in your sig by the way."

I only vaguely remember losing it, heh.

Just brought a load of new boxers from town...not that anyone really
needed to know that but nevermind.

--
- Jonny

X-Records Ebay Department

Mini-Greg Level 52
Sluto #18
Wielder of the Materia Saber, LCM1 hand blaster and BFOKS
Owner of Jonny's Ice Cream Store (Closed for re-furnishing) (See alt.current-events.blizzard-of-93)
Defender of Cassandra
Conquerer of VTAN
Eater of Bagels
AGFF Veteran

"Someone once told him that bagels and cream cheese
were the food of the gods."
- Chapter 10 of Space: Above and Beyond

Jonny

Jan 24, 2004, 6:58:51 PM1/24/04
On 20 Jan 2004 10:12:15 -0800, use...@thefurryone.net (CX) wrote:

>Jonny <Jon...@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message news:<j7vk00th9d4pdfk4s...@4ax.com>...
><snipping stuff>
>
>Dude, long time no see. (Like I'm one to talk.) Glad to know you're
>doing well, or at least as well as can be expected.

Good to know you're still living oh small fluffy extreme one.

>> I've done some of the best gigs and raves with hundreds turning up to
>> see me DJ (occasionly I drop in an old M-Tek tune). Doing the harder
>> techno mostly and some hip-hop although I do allsorts. The last one
>> got raided actually when we had it in the woods and they must have
>> sent the majority of the towns police force as well as some of the
>> Salford and Manchester forces too. Cars, Vans, Dogs and even the
>> helicopter. Some of the police were a bit rough though and brutilized
>> one of my friends and pushed me in the freezing cold river before
>> kicking our speakers in. I'm starting to have a real hatred for our
>> police force. They're all racist thugs on power trips with no real
>> care for the community they're supposed to protect.
>
>Heh. That's one thing I wish I could get the chance to do in my life.
> The rave thing. Not the get dumped in the river thing.

I love my parties. I am a party king!

>Anyway, this is about the only time I'll check in-- it was just on a
>little search for Eye's sig, actually-- but I'm glad to see you're
>well. Glad to see everyone's well. Drop by the site (you should be
>able to figure it out) and have a look, if you so desire.

Eye's sig once put me into a meditative trance for 5 days. ::nod::

Not sure where your site is...your old one was dead last time I
checked.

>Peace to all.

Peace and love man!

Jonny

Jan 24, 2004, 7:00:26 PM1/24/04
On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:54:16 -0700, "Cassandra J. Nichols"
<cass...@softhome.net> wrote:

>CX wrote:
>
>> Heh. That's one thing I wish I could get the chance to do in my life.
>> The rave thing. Not the get dumped in the river thing.
>
>Around here raves are (unfortunately?) an excuse to get high and dress
>like an outcast. I've never been to one and don't plan to, at least not
>as long as I live where I do.
>
>Has anyone ever been to a Goth dance club? That's a lot of fun!

Been to a couple. Always good fun. They're usually smacked up on coke
or speed round here though and sometimes X.

Cassandra J. Nichols

Jan 24, 2004, 8:33:03 PM1/24/04
Jonny wrote:

> Dan Posluns wrote:
>
>> Welcome back to the newsgroup that sits in its death-throes but refuses
>> to actually die.
>
> I can't imagine it having a glorious death. Unless the whole world
> ended with it.

It'll only be eighty-nine more years before this group is useful again!

Cassandra J. Nichols

Jan 25, 2004, 2:24:37 AM1/25/04
Jonny wrote:

> Eye's sig once put me into a meditative trance for 5 days. ::nod::

I think it takes that long to read. I found it on Google Groups a little
while ago and it was rather long.

Cassandra J. Nichols

Jan 25, 2004, 2:26:22 AM1/25/04
Katyanna wrote:

> Otherwise, I mud on UOSSMUD, play FFTA on ROM and lose many
> hours as a result, and work too much. I pulled a 10 1/2 hour day
> Wednesday. ^^;;;

How is the UOSSMUD nowadays? I use to play it all of the time when I was
in high school but stopped when I found out they reset the game once a
month.

Katyanna

Jan 25, 2004, 5:49:17 PM1/25/04

Eh. It's got it's perks, like one of the admin being an old
agffer, but I mostly idle now. They keeping nerfing all the good
stuff and making it useless. It's mostly real-time agff.

Katyanna

Jan 25, 2004, 5:58:21 PM1/25/04
On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 23:58:51 +0000, Jonny <Jon...@dsl.pipex.com>
wrote:

I love Eye's sig. Wish he'd use it more, but too many people
complain. ;)

>Not sure where your site is...your old one was dead last time I
>checked.

He has a new site. http://thefurryone.net.

I spend too much time there. *noddles*

>>Peace to all.
>>

>Peace and love man!

LOVE AND PEACE!!!

Cassandra J. Nichols

Jan 26, 2004, 12:52:42 PM1/26/04
Katyanna wrote:

> Cassandra J. Nichols wrote:
>
>> How is the UOSSMUD nowadays?
>

> Eh. It's got it's perks, like one of the admin being an old
> agffer, but I mostly idle now. They keeping nerfing all the good
> stuff and making it useless. It's mostly real-time agff.

Do they still regularly reset all characters?

Katyanna

Jan 27, 2004, 5:03:40 AM1/27/04

They still do a monthly purge. It keeps their player database
clean. They still average about 20 people online at most any
given time, too.

Eyeglazer

Jan 28, 2004, 5:53:22 PM1/28/04
In defince of the Ennui Edicts, Katyanna wrote:

>On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 10:52:42 -0700, "Cassandra J. Nichols"
><cass...@softhome.net> wrote:
>
>>Katyanna wrote:

>>> Eh. It's got it's perks, like one of the admin being an old
>>> agffer, but I mostly idle now. They keeping nerfing all the good
>>> stuff and making it useless. It's mostly real-time agff.
>>
>>Do they still regularly reset all characters?
>
>They still do a monthly purge. It keeps their player database
>clean. They still average about 20 people online at most any
>given time, too.

It sounds more like Cass is talking about a pwipe. O_o But I don't think
they've ever done pwiped once a month...in fact, I only remember it
happening once ever.

Purging inactive characters once a month they do, though, yeah.

I should probably refresh my purge count, come to think of it.

--

Eyeglazer, Lord of Boredom.

Abandon hope, and ye abolish fear.

Eyeglazer

Jan 28, 2004, 9:26:47 PM1/28/04
In defince of the Ennui Edicts, Jonny wrote:

>I've done some of the best gigs and raves with hundreds turning up to
>see me DJ (occasionly I drop in an old M-Tek tune). Doing the harder
>techno mostly and some hip-hop although I do allsorts. The last one
>got raided actually when we had it in the woods and they must have
>sent the majority of the towns police force as well as some of the
>Salford and Manchester forces too. Cars, Vans, Dogs and even the
>helicopter. Some of the police were a bit rough though and brutilized
>one of my friends and pushed me in the freezing cold river before
>kicking our speakers in. I'm starting to have a real hatred for our
>police force. They're all racist thugs on power trips with no real
>care for the community they're supposed to protect.

It's interesting to hear about that from someone I know. I keep up on
fringe news fairly regularly, so I hear lots of accounts of police
brutality, but they're almost always from protestors or militant
anarchists. And in both cases I figure there's a fair chance they
started things, either by destroying property or attacking police. This
experience of yours, on the other hand, sounds unambiguously unprovoked.

Which is a shame (duh) but it confirms something I'd always questioned
about police behavior.

I suppose it's possible the police might have been told or otherwise
believed it was a riot rather than a rave. I've been intending to go to
at least one controversial protest for a while now, just to witness how
these things play out for my own eyes....Nowadays I don't trust the
radical fringe news sources any more than I trust the mainstream
networks.

Condolences on your unpleasant experiences, of course. ;-) It'd be
interesting if one time the police tried shit like that and were met
with armed resistance instead of (mostly) defenseless bystanders.

The DJing sounds cool. Throw on some Dylan for me next time if your
listeners won't kill you for it. ;-) (then again, I suppose that's no
good for dancing...)

Eyeglazer

Jan 28, 2004, 9:29:56 PM1/28/04
In defince of the Ennui Edicts, Eyeglazer wrote:

>In defince of the Ennui Edicts, CX wrote:
>
>>Anyway, this is about the only time I'll check in-- it was just on a
>>little search for Eye's sig, actually--
>

>This can be arranged. <nods sagely> Incoming WMD....

...I really need to fix my sig's line width to match my posting line
width.

Cassandra J. Nichols

Jan 28, 2004, 11:27:11 PM1/28/04
Eyeglazer wrote:

> It sounds more like Cass is talking about a pwipe. O_o But I don't think
> they've ever done pwiped once a month...in fact, I only remember it
> happening once ever.

Unless I was playing really infrequently, I recall *all* players being
wiped once a month, so even regular players were regularly re-earning
level 100. If that's not the case maybe I'll play again.

Perhaps I was there during that one wipe, misunderstood the messages
regarding it and the monthly purges, got mad, and left.

Eyeglazer

Jan 29, 2004, 5:22:28 AM1/29/04
In defince of the Ennui Edicts, Cassandra J. Nichols wrote:

>Eyeglazer wrote:
>
>> It sounds more like Cass is talking about a pwipe. O_o But I don't think
>> they've ever done pwiped once a month...in fact, I only remember it
>> happening once ever.
>
>Unless I was playing really infrequently, I recall *all* players being
>wiped once a month, so even regular players were regularly re-earning
>level 100. If that's not the case maybe I'll play again.

Not only is that not the case, as far as I know it's never been the
case. O_o I suppose I could ask Dana.

>Perhaps I was there during that one wipe, misunderstood the messages
>regarding it and the monthly purges, got mad, and left.

That's possible, I guess. Still an odd misunderstanding.

Dan Posluns

Jan 29, 2004, 7:41:14 AM1/29/04
In article <r7rg10daje8f1tumm...@4ax.com>,
Eyeglazer <no...@none.none> wrote:

> In defince of the Ennui Edicts, Jonny wrote:
>
> >I've done some of the best gigs and raves with hundreds turning up to
> >see me DJ (occasionly I drop in an old M-Tek tune). Doing the harder
> >techno mostly and some hip-hop although I do allsorts. The last one
> >got raided actually when we had it in the woods and they must have
> >sent the majority of the towns police force as well as some of the
> >Salford and Manchester forces too. Cars, Vans, Dogs and even the
> >helicopter. Some of the police were a bit rough though and brutilized
> >one of my friends and pushed me in the freezing cold river before
> >kicking our speakers in. I'm starting to have a real hatred for our
> >police force. They're all racist thugs on power trips with no real
> >care for the community they're supposed to protect.
>
> It's interesting to hear about that from someone I know. I keep up on
> fringe news fairly regularly, so I hear lots of accounts of police
> brutality, but they're almost always from protestors or militant
> anarchists. And in both cases I figure there's a fair chance they
> started things, either by destroying property or attacking police. This
> experience of yours, on the other hand, sounds unambiguously unprovoked.

I remember the time I was living in residence at university. There was
an annual party that we all got back from at like 2 in the morning, and
some jerks were setting off firealarms for the next hour or so. Five
alarms must have gone off.

Needless to say, 99% of the 200 of us that filed outside by the fifth
time this happened wanted nothing more than to crawl back into our beds
and get some sleep.

Instead, the campus cops decided that we might be rioting (?!) and
called in the real police. Sixteen squad cars, a paddy wagon and a
canine unit later, we were all standing on the grass across the street
from our building, cold and tired, and in utter disbelief at what we
were seeing. We must have been out there for twenty minutes while they
all pulled up and were investigating.

The police officer pulls out his mace and says in a drunk-on-power
drawl: "Y'all gonna stand back now... or y'all gonna get sprayed." Most
of us who weren't already too tired couldn't stop laughing. The guy
nearly incited a riot in what was nothing but an extremely tired crowd.

Three of my friends got hauled away in the paddy wagon, for no apparent
reason other than being drunk (it's not like they chose to be publically
intoxicated; they were quite happy keeping it to themselves indoors).
Some of my other friends went up to the canine unit and asked to "pet
the doggy". I had one of the campus cops ask me if there was alcohol in
my mug. I said "no ma'am" and dumped it out on what I thought was the
ground, but turned out to be her foot. That was my personal highlight
for the evening.

Campus (and, I suppose, mall) cops are the only thing I can think of
worse than real cops, just because they all have an axe to grind for not
being real cops.

Jonny

Feb 24, 2004, 2:43:10 PM2/24/04
On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 16:58:21 -0600, Katyanna <k...@isnothere.com>
wrote:

Checked it out. Prettydamnneatnessabounding IMO.

Can't seem to find the time to work on my webpage though.
Everyone wants me to work on projects for them, music, Neverwinter
Nights Modules, videos etc...

Jonny

Feb 24, 2004, 2:46:24 PM2/24/04

Everyone needs a good story, and that was a good story.

I'm have too many good stories now though and I reckon I'm forgetting
normal events. O_o

Cassandra J. Nichols

Feb 18, 2018, 11:39:47 PM2/18/18
Just seventy-five years to go.