*Poke*

Some Weirdo

Sep 12, 2005, 1:48:18 AM9/12/05
Anyone here other than spammers? Yes? No?

--
A random weirdo

"When it comes to flea markets, tacky is a compliment. If you are
afraid of tacky, go to the mall. But if you're bored with malls and the
tragically homogenous retail scene in general, go to a flea market. The
tackier the better."--Dave Bird

Cassandra J. Nichols

Sep 13, 2005, 12:00:46 AM9/13/05
Some Weirdo wrote:

> Anyone here other than spammers? Yes? No?

No.

--
- Cassandra J. Nichols

DarkSheer

Sep 13, 2005, 12:16:12 AM9/13/05
Cassandra J. Nichols wrote:
> Some Weirdo wrote:
>
>> Anyone here other than spammers? Yes? No?
>
> No.

Yes?? no.

Ryan

Katyanna

Sep 13, 2005, 1:06:30 AM9/13/05
On 11 Sep 2005 22:48:18 -0700, "Some Weirdo"
<awei...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Anyone here other than spammers? Yes? No?

OMG! YOU'RE ALIVE. O_o

--
Kat

"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out
of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."
-Frank Lloyd Wright

Eyeglazer

Sep 13, 2005, 1:12:14 AM9/13/05
Cassandra J. Nichols wrote:
> Some Weirdo wrote:
>
>> Anyone here other than spammers? Yes? No?
>
> No.

Damnit, you beat me to it. :(

Hi, Weirdo. I thought you were one of the many who'd dropped off the
face of the earth. Nice to see an oldbie arise from the endless grey sea
of RL.

--

Eyeglazer, Lord of Boredom.
Abandon hope, and ye abolish fear.

thi...@fake.addy

Sep 13, 2005, 1:59:52 AM9/13/05
I'm here! If only because Eyglazer told me other people were here. But that
still counts as here, darnit!

My shock at the fact that people are here will continue for months to come.

thi...@fake.addy

Sep 13, 2005, 2:04:45 AM9/13/05
That was supposed to have said it was from Wyvern...this new newsreader is
weird. I shoot it.

-Wyvern

Darren Grey

Sep 13, 2005, 6:42:46 AM9/13/05
"Some Weirdo" wrote in message...

> Anyone here other than spammers? Yes? No?

Yes, yes, and hello. How's you?

Wow, a few oldies suddenly popping up...

--
Darren Grey, aka Tekhne

Katyanna

Sep 13, 2005, 2:18:10 PM9/13/05
On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 11:42:46 +0100, "Darren Grey"
<darrenjoh...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"Some Weirdo" wrote in message...
>> Anyone here other than spammers? Yes? No?
>
>Yes, yes, and hello. How's you?
>
>Wow, a few oldies suddenly popping up...

Yes, well. We keep to ourselves, mostly. Just pop in when
something other than spam shows up.

Some Weirdo

Sep 13, 2005, 3:17:32 PM9/13/05
Katyanna said:
>OMG! YOU'RE ALIVE. O_o

and

Eyeglazer said:
>Cassandra J. Nichols wrote:
>> Some Weirdo wrote:

>>> Anyone here other than spammers? Yes? No?

>> No.

>Damnit, you beat me to it. :(

>Hi, Weirdo. I thought you were one of the many who'd dropped off the
>face of the earth. Nice to see an oldbie arise from the endless grey sea
>of RL.

Yep. My college stuff got a lot more hectic, I got bored with all the
arguing and trolling on AGFF, and some other stuff was going on in RL,
so I decided I'd leave for a bit. I'd imagine some of that's the same
reason some people leave, for RL reasons; I'd never noticed just how
time consuming digging through AGFF was, and I had a relatively LIGHT
schedule, compared to what a lot of other people were doing. I probably
shouldn't be on here in the first place (since there's really something
I ought to be working on) but I noticed some recent ("recent" in
geologic terms, anyway) posts and thought I'd poke the group to see if
anything happened.

Hello again, everyone. :)

Some Weirdo

Sep 13, 2005, 3:24:47 PM9/13/05

Same here, except I kind of found it out by acciedent. I was half
expecting to have to wait a while for an answer since the last post (as
opposed to spam) was sometime in 2004. How many of you guys are posting
via google, by the way? I'm just wondering, because I know they've got
a thing where they'll send you an email when there's new posts. It's
been so long that I can't remember whether news readers will do that,
too.

--
A. Weirdo

Some Weirdo

Sep 13, 2005, 3:39:13 PM9/13/05
>"Some Weirdo" wrote in message...
>> Anyone here other than spammers? Yes? No?

>Yes, yes, and hello. How's you?

I'm okay. I've been busy working on my writing while I've been waiting
for my real job to start up again. (Yearbook publishing, unfortunately,
is seasonal work) How've you been, btw?

>Wow, a few oldies suddenly popping up...

Looks like it. O_o

--
A. Weirdo

Eyeglazer

Sep 13, 2005, 6:57:39 PM9/13/05
A. Weirdo wrote:

>>Hi, Weirdo. I thought you were one of the many who'd dropped off the
>>face of the earth. Nice to see an oldbie arise from the endless grey sea
>>of RL.
>
> Yep. My college stuff got a lot more hectic, I got bored with all the
> arguing and trolling on AGFF, and some other stuff was going on in RL,
> so I decided I'd leave for a bit. I'd imagine some of that's the same
> reason some people leave, for RL reasons;

Either that, or people who left when the world moved on. But yeah.

> I'd never noticed just how
> time consuming digging through AGFF was, and I had a relatively LIGHT
> schedule, compared to what a lot of other people were doing. I probably
> shouldn't be on here in the first place (since there's really something
> I ought to be working on)

All the better reason not to work on it. ;-P

> but I noticed some recent ("recent" in
> geologic terms, anyway) posts and thought I'd poke the group to see if
> anything happened.

Several of us keep an eye on it just because we don't feel like removing
it from our sub lists, I'd guess. About once a year someone will say
something and there'll be a flash crowd. Like now. This is all your
fault. ;-)

Most of the old regs communicate through Aim these days, actually.

> Hello again, everyone. :)

Welcome to the Noise...again.

John Zeitler

Sep 13, 2005, 7:02:36 PM9/13/05
Some Weirdo wrote:
> Anyone here other than spammers? Yes? No?

I would imagine so.

--
CX

Darren Grey

Sep 13, 2005, 7:19:10 PM9/13/05
"Some Weirdo" wrote in message...
> >"Some Weirdo" wrote in message...
>>> Anyone here other than spammers? Yes? No?
>
>>Yes, yes, and hello. How's you?
>
> I'm okay. I've been busy working on my writing while I've been waiting
> for my real job to start up again. (Yearbook publishing, unfortunately,
> is seasonal work) How've you been, btw?

Ah that's cool - lots of old AGFFers seem to have gotten into writing...
I've been up and down and all around, but mostly okay I guess. Nothing of
much interest...

>>Wow, a few oldies suddenly popping up...
>
> Looks like it. O_o

Kinda freaky actually. It's like dropping a pebble into a pond and
expecting a small ripple, then suddenly a big splash comes out... I guess
I'm not the only who's kept subscribed to the group for a while "just in
case"...

--
Darren Grey

Katyanna

Sep 14, 2005, 1:15:38 AM9/14/05

I keep the group subscribed, and usually hit the 'get new
headers' button about once a day just for kicks. I'm probably
secondary to blame for the sudden flood since I mentioned to
Eyeglazer that Weirdo had posted when I noticed the post. ^^;;;

Darren Grey

Sep 14, 2005, 1:06:04 PM9/14/05
"Katyanna" wrote...

> On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 00:19:10 +0100, "Darren Grey"
> <darrenjoh...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> Looks like it. O_o
>>
>>Kinda freaky actually. It's like dropping a pebble into a pond and
>>expecting a small ripple, then suddenly a big splash comes out... I guess
>>I'm not the only who's kept subscribed to the group for a while "just in
>>case"...
>
> I keep the group subscribed, and usually hit the 'get new
> headers' button about once a day just for kicks. I'm probably
> secondary to blame for the sudden flood since I mentioned to
> Eyeglazer that Weirdo had posted when I noticed the post. ^^;;;

Aw, you've shattered the illusion now. I figured everyone was sitting
gripped to the edge of their seats for months waiting for someone to make a
post, and as soon as one person does everyone swarms in to reply. But no,
you have to go and ruin that idea :-(

--
Grey

Katyanna

Sep 14, 2005, 1:43:13 PM9/14/05
On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 18:06:04 +0100, "Darren Grey"
<darrenjoh...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Terribly sorry. ;)

Ismail Saeed

Sep 14, 2005, 7:29:02 PM9/14/05
"Some Weirdo" <awei...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

You perhaps do not remember me, but Eye just told me about this. I didn't
really come here during my previous AGFF regdom... but anyway, hello all.

Slipgate

Ismail Saeed

Sep 14, 2005, 7:33:58 PM9/14/05
"John Zeitler" <john.z...@speakeasy.net> wrote in message

I would imagine do, re, mi, fa, and ti, in exchange.

Slipgate

Some Weirdo

Sep 15, 2005, 6:18:40 PM9/15/05
Eyeglazer wrote:
>Several of us keep an eye on it just because we don't feel like removing
>it from our sub lists, I'd guess. About once a year someone will say
>something and there'll be a flash crowd. Like now. This is all your
>fault. ;-)

Apparently poking this newsgroup is like poking a blowfish, except I
don't think this newsgroup can be made into tasty poisonous sashimi.

>Most of the old regs communicate through Aim these days, actually.

I have a bunch of names on my buddy list, but I'm sure most of them
are old. I guess I need to start using AIM again.

Some Weirdo

Sep 15, 2005, 6:24:29 PM9/15/05
Slipgate wrote:

>"John Zeitler" <john.zeit...@speakeasy.net> wrote in message

>> Some Weirdo wrote:
>>> Anyone here other than spammers? Yes? No?

>> I would imagine so.

> >--
> >CX

>I would imagine do, re, mi, fa, and ti, in exchange.

break out at any moment.

Oh, and hello CX and Slipgate!

--
A. Weirdo

Katyanna

Sep 16, 2005, 1:32:49 AM9/16/05
On 15 Sep 2005 15:18:40 -0700, "Some Weirdo"
<awei...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Eyeglazer wrote:
>>Several of us keep an eye on it just because we don't feel like removing
>>it from our sub lists, I'd guess. About once a year someone will say
>>something and there'll be a flash crowd. Like now. This is all your
>>fault. ;-)
>
>Apparently poking this newsgroup is like poking a blowfish, except I
>don't think this newsgroup can be made into tasty poisonous sashimi.

Well, no. I don't think we were planning on killing you....

>>Most of the old regs communicate through Aim these days, actually.
>
>I have a bunch of names on my buddy list, but I'm sure most of them
>are old. I guess I need to start using AIM again.

I can pretty well guarantee mine's outdated. Hell, I never used
the same aim name more than a few months even when I was on
AGFF, why would I do so anywhere else? ;)

>>> Hello again, everyone. :)
>
>>Welcome to the Noise...again.

NOISE

Eyeglazer

Sep 16, 2005, 1:43:26 AM9/16/05
Some Weirdo wrote:
> Eyeglazer wrote:
>>Several of us keep an eye on it just because we don't feel like removing
>>it from our sub lists, I'd guess. About once a year someone will say
>>something and there'll be a flash crowd. Like now. This is all your
>>fault. ;-)
>
> Apparently poking this newsgroup is like poking a blowfish, except I
> don't think this newsgroup can be made into tasty poisonous sashimi.

The twin powers of Nostalgia and Curiosity. Fear ye the forces ye have
tapped! ....for a few days, anyway. Then you'll go about your business.
Move along.

>>Most of the old regs communicate through Aim these days, actually.
>
> I have a bunch of names on my buddy list, but I'm sure most of them
> are old. I guess I need to start using AIM again.

I'm still on as Eyeglazer daily. Feel free to drop me a line if you want.

--

Eyeglazer, Lord of Boredom.

Not all moths are drawn by the brightness of the light. Some are there
for the flame.

Cassandra J. Nichols

Sep 16, 2005, 2:23:21 AM9/16/05
Some Weirdo wrote:

> I have a bunch of names on my buddy list, but I'm sure most of them
> are old. I guess I need to start using AIM again.

I think my AIM list has over 200 people in the "AGFF" group.

Cassandra J. Nichols

Sep 16, 2005, 2:23:41 AM9/16/05
Cassandra J. Nichols wrote:

> Some Weirdo wrote:
>
>> I have a bunch of names on my buddy list, but I'm sure most of them
>> are old. I guess I need to start using AIM again.
>
> I think my AIM list has over 200 people in the "AGFF" group.

Make that over 200 user names. A lot were the same people.

Ismail Saeed

Sep 16, 2005, 6:24:35 AM9/16/05
"Katyanna" <k...@isnothere.com> wrote in message

> On 15 Sep 2005 15:18:40 -0700, "Some Weirdo"
> <awei...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Eyeglazer wrote:
>>>Several of us keep an eye on it just because we don't feel like removing
>>>it from our sub lists, I'd guess. About once a year someone will say
>>>something and there'll be a flash crowd. Like now. This is all your
>>>fault. ;-)
>>
>>Apparently poking this newsgroup is like poking a blowfish, except I
>>don't think this newsgroup can be made into tasty poisonous sashimi.
>
> Well, no. I don't think we were planning on killing you....
>

>>>Most of the old regs communicate through Aim these days, actually.
>>
>>I have a bunch of names on my buddy list, but I'm sure most of them
>>are old. I guess I need to start using AIM again.
>
> I can pretty well guarantee mine's outdated. Hell, I never used
> the same aim name more than a few months even when I was on
> AGFF, why would I do so anywhere else? ;)

>>>Welcome to the Noise...again.
>
> NOISE

Well anyway, Slipgate0 for me. I screen folks, so please identify yourself
;).

Darren Grey

Sep 16, 2005, 5:56:28 PM9/16/05
"Katyanna" wrote...

> On 15 Sep 2005 15:18:40 -0700, "Some Weirdo"
> <awei...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Eyeglazer wrote:
>>>Several of us keep an eye on it just because we don't feel like removing
>>>it from our sub lists, I'd guess. About once a year someone will say
>>>something and there'll be a flash crowd. Like now. This is all your
>>>fault. ;-)
>>
>>Apparently poking this newsgroup is like poking a blowfish, except I
>>don't think this newsgroup can be made into tasty poisonous sashimi.
>
> Well, no. I don't think we were planning on killing you....

Oh, really?

*hides knife*

*walks away whistling innocently*

>>>Most of the old regs communicate through Aim these days, actually.
>>
>>I have a bunch of names on my buddy list, but I'm sure most of them
>>are old. I guess I need to start using AIM again.
>
> I can pretty well guarantee mine's outdated. Hell, I never used
> the same aim name more than a few months even when I was on
> AGFF, why would I do so anywhere else? ;)

There's too many chat clients, I can never stick with one - thankfully
Trillian helps with that. Knowing what Google are like their new GTalk is
bound to take over the world, in spite of having a name that sounds like a
sex line...

--
Darren Grey

AIM: DarrenJohnGrey
ICQ: 41880116
Yahoo IM: darrenjohngrey
MSN:darrenj...@hotmail.com
GTalk:darrenj...@gmail.com

RelMark at dot

Sep 16, 2005, 10:42:23 PM9/16/05
"Cassandra J. Nichols" <cass...@softhome.net> wrote:
> Some Weirdo wrote:
>
>> I have a bunch of names on my buddy list, but I'm sure most of them
>> are old. I guess I need to start using AIM again.
>
> I think my AIM list has over 200 people in the "AGFF" group.

Anyone still use the 'AGFF' ID on AIM?

RelMark

Eyeglazer

Sep 16, 2005, 11:27:49 PM9/16/05

I haven't seen it on in ages, so I doubt it.

Some Weirdo

Sep 17, 2005, 12:18:57 AM9/17/05
Cassandra wrote:

>> I think my AIM list has over 200 people in the "AGFF" group.

>Make that over 200 user names. A lot were the same people.
>
>-

> - Cassandra J. Nichols

Yeah. I have the same problem. My problem is that I'm not sure which
are the "new" names and which are the old ones.

My aim name is the same as it was: aweirdo42. I had another one, but it
got suspended for some reason or another.

--
A. Weirdo

Cassandra J. Nichols

Sep 17, 2005, 2:02:00 AM9/17/05
RelMark wrote:

> Anyone still use the 'AGFF' ID on AIM?

It got removed and the user name is now reserved. I still remember the
password, too....

Cassandra J. Nichols

Sep 17, 2005, 12:43:19 PM9/17/05
Ismail Saeed wrote:

> Well anyway, Slipgate0 for me. I screen folks, so please identify yourself
> ;).

cassiejn, here. Say "hi", everyone!

Katyanna

Sep 17, 2005, 4:11:02 PM9/17/05
On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 06:02:00 GMT, "Cassandra J. Nichols"
<cass...@softhome.net> wrote:

>RelMark wrote:
>
>> Anyone still use the 'AGFF' ID on AIM?
>
>It got removed and the user name is now reserved. I still remember the
>password, too....

You're doing better than me. I don't remember any of the open
stuff. I remember people messaging me with it, though. And
usually telling them to bugger off since it was usually someone
trolling with it.

Ismail Saeed

Sep 20, 2005, 7:12:15 PM9/20/05
Wouldn't you know it, I'm getting "spam" messages on IM now from cutieforyou
type people.

UseNet messages expire, right? Does google groups get crawled any?

Ismail

"Cassandra J. Nichols" <cass...@softhome.net> wrote in message

Eyeglazer

Sep 20, 2005, 7:42:07 PM9/20/05
Ismail Saeed wrote:
> Wouldn't you know it, I'm getting "spam" messages on IM now from cutieforyou
> type people.
>
> UseNet messages expire, right? Does google groups get crawled any?

Even if it did, I don't think a spider could pick out a screen name from
a normal sentence like that. There's no easy marker like there is for
email addresses. (@ symbol)

Ismail Saeed

Sep 20, 2005, 8:51:31 PM9/20/05
Well, I only ask because I've been getting such messages a LOT more since I
posted this.

Ironically, most of them get met with my away message about how I'm grading
stuff. Not so hot, the fact is that the away message constitutes a reply
that lets them know its a valid AIM name.

Perhaps I should experiment more with invisibility...

"Eyeglazer" <no...@none.none> wrote in message

Eyeglazer

Sep 21, 2005, 7:08:53 PM9/21/05