narkive alternative to gaggle groups

Good Riddance

Dec 18, 2023, 12:53:02 AM12/18/23
https://alt.free.newsservers.narkive.com/

google hates the trends not supporting their progressive goals.

You might consider dumping google android too.

https://itsfoss.com/open-source-alternatives-android/

google wants to get rid of groups and free speech on their platforms.
Let's help them achieve that goal.

The Doctor

Dec 18, 2023, 1:06:11 AM12/18/23
In article <ba7454dba6429633...@dizum.com>,
Good Riddance <bye-g...@alphabet.com> wrote:
>https://alt.free.newsservers.narkive.com/
>
>google hates the trends not supporting their progressive goals.

You misspelled regressive.

>You might consider dumping google android too.

Nice!

>https://itsfoss.com/open-source-alternatives-android/
>
>google wants to get rid of groups and free speech on their platforms.
>Let's help them achieve that goal.

I love alternatives.
--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nk.ca Ici doc...@nk.ca

Wally J

Dec 18, 2023, 9:33:29 AM12/18/23
The Doctor <doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote

>>google wants to get rid of groups and free speech on their platforms.
>>Let's help them achieve that goal.
>>

> I love alternatives.

Dave (The Doctor) knows all about what I say below, but others
on the various newsgroups this is sent to may not know this yet.

Known alternatives. (Please add more if you know more than I do.)
<https://archive.org/details/usenet>
<https://article.olduse.net/> (look up message-ID)
-----< replace c.m.a. below with your favorite newsgroup >-----
<http://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android>
<https://comp.mobile.android.narkive.com>
<https://www.novabbs.com/computers/thread.php?group=comp.mobile.android>
etc.

I did not see the original article on c.m.a., but to add value,
we've been well apprised of the situation since the Google spam
on c.m.a. has been calculated at literally 99.5% lately.

On the peering newsgroup, we've been discussing these issues with the
news servers that peered with Google & by other means for a few weeks.
*Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content*
<https://groups.google.com/g/news.admin.peering/c/_w1mbwzgzs0>

Which is a followup to this original request for who is peering this spam:
*Who is peering all these spams ostensibly from Google Groups?*
<https://groups.google.com/g/news.admin.peering/c/AgrNUeZuAkw>

Which itself was followed up in a request for people to complain to Google:
*Please complain to Google about their spamming of Usenet*
<https://groups.google.com/g/news.admin.peering/c/xxniDVj3ArI>

With respect to the narkives, I conversed with the admin over
email and he kindly responded asking for help improving the
narkive over on the peering newsgroup.

The discussion should best be taken up there, but complaining
alone won't solve the problem. You have to volunteer to help.
--
As always if you know more than I do on this, please add value.

Kerr-Mudd, John

Dec 18, 2023, 12:39:05 PM12/18/23
On Mon, 18 Dec 2023 10:33:27 -0400
Wally J <walte...@invalid.nospam> wrote:

> The Doctor <doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote
>
> >>google wants to get rid of groups and free speech on their platforms.
> >>Let's help them achieve that goal.
> >>

> > I love alternatives.
>
> Dave (The Doctor) knows all about what I say below, but others
> on the various newsgroups this is sent to may not know this yet.
>
> Known alternatives. (Please add more if you know more than I do.)
> <https://archive.org/details/usenet>
> <https://article.olduse.net/> (look up message-ID)
> -----< replace c.m.a. below with your favorite newsgroup >-----

> <http://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android>
(Clearly GG is not the way forward!)

> <https://comp.mobile.android.narkive.com>
There's an awful lot of threads about "Watch Fullmovie here!" on that feed

> <https://www.novabbs.com/computers/thread.php?group=comp.mobile.android>
> etc.
I get 'cant connect' on my olde browser/OS

> I did not see the original article on c.m.a., but to add value,
> we've been well apprised of the situation since the Google spam
> on c.m.a. has been calculated at literally 99.5% lately.
>
> On the peering newsgroup, we've been discussing these issues with the
> news servers that peered with Google & by other means for a few weeks.
> *Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content*
> <https://groups.google.com/g/news.admin.peering/c/_w1mbwzgzs0>
>
> Which is a followup to this original request for who is peering this spam:
> *Who is peering all these spams ostensibly from Google Groups?*
> <https://groups.google.com/g/news.admin.peering/c/AgrNUeZuAkw>
>
> Which itself was followed up in a request for people to complain to Google:
> *Please complain to Google about their spamming of Usenet*
> <https://groups.google.com/g/news.admin.peering/c/xxniDVj3ArI>
>
> With respect to the narkives, I conversed with the admin over
> email and he kindly responded asking for help improving the
> narkive over on the peering newsgroup.

Ah.

> The discussion should best be taken up there, but complaining
> alone won't solve the problem. You have to volunteer to help.
> --
> As always if you know more than I do on this, please add value.

Probably not, but I'm chipping in anyhow.

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Sn!pe

Dec 18, 2023, 1:24:03 PM12/18/23
Kerr-Mudd, John <ad...@127.0.0.1> wrote:

> Ah
-len

--
^Ï^. Sn!pe, PA, FIBS - Professional Crastinator
<snip...@gmail.com>

Google to close Usenet gateway; my pet rock Gordon cheered.

Stan Brown

Dec 23, 2023, 11:50:31 AM12/23/23
On Mon, 18 Dec 2023 10:33:27 -0400, Wally J wrote:
> Known alternatives. (Please add more if you know more than I do.

It's not a browseable archive, but when you have a
message ID and want to find the article, it's a much
friendlier interface than Google:

http://al.howardknight.net/

--
Stan Brown, Tehachapi, California, USA