some Reddit SUBs have quirky rules and moderators.

HenHanna

Feb 21, 2024, 4:39:41 PMFeb 21

Some SE and other online Forums are run by dictators

and some Reddit SUBs have quirky rules and moderators.

Here (below) is an example!

________________________________
Hello /u/HenHanna! We require users to actively participate in the
/r/anime community before making posts.

As a form of protection against bots and spam, we do not allow users to
make posts on /r/anime until they have accumulated 10 comment karma from
participating in other /r/anime discussions. If you have an
anime-related comment, question, or need a recommendation, please use
the Daily Anime Questions, Recommendations, and Discussion thread, the
first pinned post on /r/anime.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact
the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

Retro Guy

Feb 21, 2024, 5:10:53 PMFeb 21
On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 13:39:38 -0800, HenHanna wrote:

> Some SE and other online Forums are run by dictators
>
> and some Reddit SUBs have quirky rules and moderators.

I once saw a post on Reddit advertising novabbs, just saying "Check this
out, it's a Usenet web forum"

That thread got locked and the mod comment was something like "Don't post
links to sites that are illegal. The admin is breaking the TOS of his news
server by letting people post on his site.

I posted that I'm the admin of novabbs and I'm also the admin of the news
server, so I'm not breaking any rules.

That got me banned, lol :)