I miss the rad 80s.

1 view

Ant

Aug 5, 2021, 1:20:21 AM8/5/21
:(

--
2021 is repeating 2020. :( Please get your vaccine shot(s) if you haven't done so! :)
| |o o| |
\ _ /
( )

Ant

Aug 5, 2021, 10:32:50 PM8/5/21
Eighties-Seeker <a...@spamfence.net> wrote:
> Wow, people post here, and it's not spam! :-) Must be years or even a
> decade a post other than spam showed up here.

> On Thu, 05 Aug 2021 00:20:14 -0500, Ant wrote:
> >
> > :(

> Me too. Someone got to invent a time machine to bring me back.

Delorean! ;)

> Let's imagine that would be possible, I want to be dropped off around
> 1975 with the knowledge (but my 11 year old body at this year) I have
> today, having five years to "prepare" for the 1980s. Playing all the old
> games when they were brand new (yes I know MAME, and that you are also a
> fan, posting in AGM) and listen to my favorite songs when they entered the
> music charts for the first time.

Yeah. I visited an arcade place with a relative last year. It wasn't the
same when we played. Old bodies (ouch, carpal syndromes), old hardwares,
broken controls, etc. Bleh!

> From your signature:

> | 2021 is repeating 2020. :( Please get your vaccine shot(s) if you
> | haven't done so! :)

> I wish I could.

Health issues? :(

Ant

Aug 6, 2021, 5:31:34 PM8/6/21
Eighties-Seeker <a...@spamfence.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Aug 2021 21:32:44 -0500, Ant wrote:
> >
> > Eighties-Seeker <a...@spamfence.net> wrote:
> >> Wow, people post here, and it's not spam! :-) Must be years or even a
> >> decade a post other than spam showed up here.

> >> Me too. Someone got to invent a time machine to bring me back.
> >
> > Delorean! ;)

> Yes, first you have to get hold of a DeLorean before you can even build a
> time machine. Dunno what is harder. ;-)

You forgot the other parts for it like a flux capacitor, plutonium, etc.

> > Yeah. I visited an arcade place with a relative last year. It wasn't the
> > same when we played. Old bodies (ouch, carpal syndromes), old hardwares,
> > broken controls, etc. Bleh!

> Last real machine I played 2003 or so. Real but very punished Galaga cab.

Yea, it's sad.

> >> From your signature:

> >> I wish I could.
> >
> > Health issues? :(

> Technical issues.

Ah.

Ant

Aug 6, 2021, 10:03:23 PM8/6/21

> >> Technical issues.
> >
> > Ah.

> Frustrating.

Yup.

OldbieOne

Aug 19, 2021, 12:38:29 PM8/19/21

"Ant" <a...@zimage.comANT> wrote in message
Same here. Trying to keep the vibe alive