Quiet...Isn't It :)

WLFan00

Aug 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/17/00
Wow, this newsgroup is very quiet today. Is there anybody out there?

Molly
E-mail me at: mfan...@yahoo.com
AIM Name: MFanton00
eVoice #: 88321880

doug holverson

Aug 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/17/00

> From: mfan...@cs.comNoSpam (WLFan00)
> Newsgroups: alt.culture.us.1970s
> Date: 17 Aug 2000 22:18:58 GMT
> Subject: Quiet...Isn't It :)

> Wow, this newsgroup is very quiet today. Is there anybody out there?

Me and my kitty cats and Flexia Bast....

DGH

Rachel Cree

Aug 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/17/00
I think its something in the air Molly... I have had one of the worst days
of my life mood-wise and the customers I spoke to today just added to it. I
was almost in tears by 10am... tomorrow is another day though :)

WLFan00 <mfan...@cs.comNoSpam> wrote in message

> Wow, this newsgroup is very quiet today. Is there anybody out there?

DavisK

Aug 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/17/00
I'm in lurking mode all the time. I only jump in when there is a disco song
question. A lot of the 70's talk is over my head, since I was a kid
throughout most of the 70's.

Incidentally Molly, since you are an 80's fan as well, you might be pleased
to hear that CTS, the station that used to broadcast the uncut Brady Bunch
episodes up until this week, will be airing 'Growing Pains' and 'Family
Ties' - that is unless you already are watching them on cable in the US. I
haven't seen those shows for almost a decade now, so I'll be happy.

WLFan00 wrote in message
<20000817181858...@ng-fw1.news.cs.com>...

WLFan00

Aug 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/17/00
Aww, Rahel. Here's a hug to make you feel better.
((((((((((RACHEL))))))))))))

WLFan00

Aug 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/17/00
Thanks DavisK, but I can't get CTS. I've tried, but where my apartment is set
it's on the wrong side of the building. My friend though gets it, and she told
me about them.

Jeff Troutman

Aug 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/17/00
"WLFan00" <mfan...@cs.comNoSpam> wrote:

> Wow, this newsgroup is very quiet today.

It's almost....too quiet.

> Is there anybody out there?

There is no pain. You are receding.....

Jeff Troutman, out there.

WiNK

Aug 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/17/00
I'm here....just a blah day! :-) 5 years ago today my Dad passed away from
cancer....then, as we all know, 23 years ago yesterday was Elvis' death
(that everyone made fun of--ha ha). Anyway...... not much else going on in
the world??????

Democratic National Convention anyone????? :-)
Nadine

WLFan00 <mfan...@cs.comNoSpam> wrote in message

> Wow, this newsgroup is very quiet today. Is there anybody out there?

Yeff

Aug 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/17/00
In article <8ni2ic$npe$1...@bob.news.rcn.net>,
Jeff Troutman<yourhe...@starpower.net> wrote in
alt.culture.us.1970s:

> "WLFan00" <mfan...@cs.comNoSpam> wrote:
>
> > Wow, this newsgroup is very quiet today.
>

> It's almost....too quiet.

> > Is there anybody out there?
>

> There is no pain. You are receding.....

"A distant ships smoke on the horizon..."

-Jeff B. (call me Pink)
yeff at erols dot com

Jeff Troutman

Aug 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/17/00
"Sandy" <sand...@aol.com> wrote in message

> >I'm here....just a blah day! :-) 5 years ago today my Dad passed away
from
> >cancer....then, as we all know, 23 years ago yesterday was Elvis' death
> >(that everyone made fun of--ha ha). Anyway...... not much else going on
in
> >the world??????
> >
> >Democratic National Convention anyone????? :-)
> >Nadine
> >

> Oh man....Nadine and Rachel need some major cheering up you guys!!! Come
on
> Jeff Troutman, we need some of your sense of humor here! How about you
Naz??
> Dawna?? Anyone??

While I wouldn't even pretend I'm funnier than the Democratic National
Convention...

An old Brethren preacher was dying. He sent a message for his Doctor and his
Lawyer, both church members, to come to his home. When they arrived, they
were ushered up to his bedroom. As they entered the room, the preacher held
out his hands and motioned for them to sit on each side of the bed. The
preacher grasped their hands, sighed contentedly, smiled and stared at the
ceiling.

For a time, no one said anything. Both the Doctor and Lawyer were touched
and flattered that the old preacher would ask them to be with him during his
final moment. They were also puzzled; the preacher had never given them any
indication that he particularly liked either of them. They both remembered
his many long, uncomfortable sermons about greed, covetousness and their
avaricious behavior that made them squirm in their seats. Finally, the
doctor said, "Preacher, why did you ask the two of us to come?"

The old preacher mustered up some strength, then said weakly, "Jesus died
between two thieves ... and that's how I want to go."

Jeff Troutman

doug holverson

Aug 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/17/00
Well, I saw a low-flying KC-10 refueling a B2 yesterday!

DGH

WLFan00

Aug 17, 2000, 8:24:20 PM8/17/00
That's aww Rachel. Sometimes my fingers get naughty and don't do what they're
supposed to do. :P

Rachel Cree

Aug 17, 2000, 10:18:53 PM8/17/00
Thanks Molly! :)

> Aww, Rahel. Here's a hug to make you feel better.
> ((((((((((RACHEL))))))))))))

marnie...@my-deja.com

Aug 17, 2000, 10:08:35 PM8/17/00
Part of the reason for the silence, methinks, is that Remarq just went
off the air...they were bought out by another company, and no longer
provides a free newsreader.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sandy

Aug 17, 2000, 10:23:39 PM8/17/00
>I think its something in the air Molly... I have had one of the worst days
>of my life mood-wise and the customers I spoke to today just added to it. I
>was almost in tears by 10am... tomorrow is another day though :)

We're here for ya Rachel...next time one of those customers start on you, you
just think of your friends here in the 70s : )

Sandy

2-60
Class of 78

Sandy

Aug 17, 2000, 10:25:51 PM8/17/00
>"A distant ships smoke on the horizon..."
>
>-Jeff B. (call me Pink)

K, Pink : )

Sandy

Aug 17, 2000, 10:28:32 PM8/17/00
>I'm here....just a blah day! :-) 5 years ago today my Dad passed away from
>cancer....then, as we all know, 23 years ago yesterday was Elvis' death
>(that everyone made fun of--ha ha). Anyway...... not much else going on in
>the world??????
>
>Democratic National Convention anyone????? :-)
>Nadine

Oh man....Nadine and Rachel need some major cheering up you guys!!! Come on
Jeff Troutman, we need some of your sense of humor here! How about you Naz??
Dawna?? Anyone??

Oil Impressionist

Aug 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/18/00
In article <8ni2ic$npe$1...@bob.news.rcn.net>,

"Jeff Troutman" <yourhe...@starpower.net> wrote:
> "WLFan00" <mfan...@cs.comNoSpam> wrote:
>
> > Wow, this newsgroup is very quiet today.
>
> It's almost....too quiet.
>
> > Is there anybody out there?
>
> There is no pain. You are receding.....

I'M MELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLTING!!!!!!!!!!!

:-)

--
~~A deadly secret lies within LAURA'S LEGACY, available @ Amazon.com
Our web site: http://www.azstarnet.com/~scribes/

Oil Impressionist

Aug 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/18/00
In article <B5C21B77.26933%dhol...@netins.net>,

doug holverson <dhol...@netins.net> wrote:
> Well, I saw a low-flying KC-10 refueling a B2 yesterday!
>
> DGH

Well, I saw two flies in a rather amorous position on the clothesline
today, both eyeing me resentfully. I didn't know it took flies THAT
long to . . . ahem, you know, make more flies. I also didn't realize
that they actually DID that. :-)

Dawna . . . embarrassed by two insects, for heaven's sakes!!

The Wanderer

Aug 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/18/00
How could you tell when they were finished? Did they light up cigarettes?
And Dawna, even though I love ya - I gotta ask...Why did you stay there
watching? Particularly if you were so embarassed? The flies could see you
blushing, you know. Now if it had been two snakes......

doug holverson

Aug 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/18/00

> From: Oil Impressionist <oil_impr...@my-deja.com>
> Newsgroups: alt.culture.us.1970s
> Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 07:59:20 GMT
> Subject: Re: Quiet...Isn't It :)

<snip>

> Well, I saw two flies in a rather amorous position on the clothesline
> today, both eyeing me resentfully.

They were sarcastically thinking "Why don't you take a picture? It'll last
longer!"

DGH

WLFan00

Aug 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/18/00
Oh I have no idea why I made the subject this. I think I was thinking of The
Monkees movie Head. There was a scene where Micky Dolenz was in the desert,
and he was screaming for the noise to stop, so all the noise stopped. Then
there was a voice saying, "Quiet....isn't it, George Michael Dolenz." I think
that's what I got the subject from.

LizzieZ

Aug 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/18/00
>Dawna . . . embarrassed by two insects, for heaven's sakes!!

Silly, Dawna, you were embarrassed by TWO IN SEX! (Besides, they were probably
more embarrassed than you were....) :-)

Liz

recsec

Aug 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/18/00

"Oil Impressionist" <oil_impr...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

> Well, I saw two flies in a rather amorous position on the clothesline

> today, both eyeing me resentfully. I didn't know it took flies THAT
> long to . . . ahem, you know, make more flies. I also didn't realize
> that they actually DID that. :-)
>

> Dawna . . . embarrassed by two insects, for heaven's sakes!!

Wow just think of the pressure you put on the male to perform. But like any
guy he's braggin' about it to his fly buddies. "Yeah I had 2 women at the
same time last night." :-)
recsec

WLFan00

Aug 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/18/00
Boy, I feel so "Comfortably Numb". :P

Naz Reyes

Aug 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/18/00
In article <20000817181858...@ng-fw1.news.cs.com>,
mfan...@cs.comNoSpam (WLFan00) wrote:
> Wow, this newsgroup is very quiet today. Is there anybody out there?
>
> Molly

You know, I'm not sure how many people use REMARQ.COM, but remarq is
officially finished. It was bought out by CP.NET, which could mean
*why* it's a bit quiet here. Sigh, I miss remarq already :(

Now, I'm back to DEJA.COM, which I left over 6 or 7 months ago, and
still getting used to the format again. I'm still trying to figure out
whether I like it or not! :)

Do you know of any other free sites where I could use usenet/newsgroups?

-Naz

--
If you wanna live like a republican, you better vote for a democrat!
(Bill Clinton)

--
If you wanna live like a republican, you better vote for a democrat!
(Bill Clinton)

Naz Reyes

Aug 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/18/00
In article <20000817222832...@ng-mg1.aol.com>,

Wow, I had no idea I've already graduated here as a "newsgroup clown"!
LOL! But, Sandy, I'm not feeling so good myself because CP.NET just
decided they wanna do a "Microsoft" on remarq.com. Remarq, the site I
was using to read the NGs is officially NO MORE! :(

Anyhow, the only smile or humour I could offer for you guys is in my
.sig file. Look below! :)

-Naz

--
If you wanna live like a republican, you better vote for a democrat!
(Bill Clinton)

WLFan00

Aug 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/18/00
No more Remarq. *sniff* I used it when I go out of town. I hate Deja.com.
Are there any other onlone newsreaders besides that God awful Deja.com? I just
need something to use when I'm at my parents' since I can't use CompuServe's
newsreader. That's sad though about Remarq, I really liked it.

Molly, who was TheBigTease00 in Remarq

nate

Aug 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/18/00
Uh. . .ca. . .n't. . .post. . .hum. . .idity. . .kill. . .in
' me. . .

Too hot. . .to. . .do. . .anything. . .

Can't wait. . .until. . .fall. . .

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

* Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also find related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping. Smart is Beautiful

Yeff

Aug 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/18/00
In article <20000818221433...@ng-bj1.aol.com>,
Sandy<sand...@aol.com> wrote in
alt.culture.us.1970s:

> Alright...I'm getting really P O ed at this Remarq thingy!!!! You guys better
> all find a way to get back in here to stay!!

Free Usenet servers:

http://pubnews.netcom.net.uk/
http://news.fu-berlin.de/

-Jeff B.

Jeff Troutman

Aug 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/18/00
"Naz Reyes" <n...@american.edu> wrote:

> Wow, I had no idea I've already graduated here as a "newsgroup clown"!

Nobody graduates Newsgroup Clown School untill they get the ASCII
pie-in-the-face. Or until they can tell a joke using "alt.config" in the
punchline.

> LOL! But, Sandy, I'm not feeling so good myself because CP.NET just
> decided they wanna do a "Microsoft" on remarq.com. Remarq, the site I
> was using to read the NGs is officially NO MORE! :(

Geez, that was quick. Glad yer still with us.

Jeff Troutman

Jeff Troutman

Aug 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/18/00
"Sandy" <sand...@aol.com> wrote:
> >Uh. . .ca. . .n't. . .post. . .hum. . .idity. . .kill. . .in
> >' me. . .
> >
> >Too hot. . .to. . .do. . .anything. . .
> >
> >Can't wait. . .until. . .fall. . .
> >
> >PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
> >

> lol!!
> no, no, no....no excuses Nate...get your butt back in here!!! : )

You lurkers out there taking notes should understand that sympathy is
dispensed a little differently here in the '70s ng. Still got that
polyester leisure suit? We're here for you. C.W. McCall 8-Tracks stashed
in your collection? We feel your pain. Suffering a slow death from the
summer heat? That's your problem. Unless you can somehow tie it to "Billy,
Don't be A Hero", it just doesn't matter.

Jeff Troutman; clarifying, sort of. But not really.

The Wanderer

Aug 18, 2000, 8:06:08 PM8/18/00
You guys are hysterical.

The Wanderer

Aug 18, 2000, 8:06:07 PM8/18/00
Great Doug. I thought I would choke laughing so hard. Thanks.
doug holverson wrote in message ...

>> From: Oil Impressionist <oil_impr...@my-deja.com>
>> Newsgroups: alt.culture.us.1970s
>> Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 07:59:20 GMT
>> Subject: Re: Quiet...Isn't It :)
>>
><snip>
>
>> Well, I saw two flies in a rather amorous position on the clothesline
>> today, both eyeing me resentfully.

The Wanderer

Aug 18, 2000, 8:06:09 PM8/18/00
Two more thoughts "come" to mind # 1 you know the male fly was saying " I
hope I didn't hurt you Honey"
& # 2 Wher did he get a condom that size? I know a couple of people who
might like to buy at that store.

P.S. Where do you think that the two flies went for dinner that night?

One last thought: did he at least get her flowers?

recsec wrote in message <1Fen5.834$OT5....@news.flash.net>...

>"Oil Impressionist" <oil_impr...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
>

>> Well, I saw two flies in a rather amorous position on the clothesline

Tiny Dancer

Aug 18, 2000, 8:10:44 PM8/18/00
And so the word went out from Naz Reyes <n...@american.edu>:

>You know, I'm not sure how many people use REMARQ.COM, but remarq is
>officially finished. It was bought out by CP.NET, which could mean
>*why* it's a bit quiet here. Sigh, I miss remarq already :(
>
>Now, I'm back to DEJA.COM, which I left over 6 or 7 months ago, and
>still getting used to the format again. I'm still trying to figure out
>whether I like it or not! :)
>
>Do you know of any other free sites where I could use usenet/newsgroups?

Naz, I don't know about other online sites like Deja.Com but I gave up
on using the web for my newsgroups *years* ago, it was way too frustrating
and time consuming. I've been using Free Agent for eons and have had
zero problems with it. Free download, you only need to be online to load
in the messages and to send your replies, you can read and compose
your messages offline. Go here:

http://www.forteinc.com/

Otherwise, I think you're stuck with Deja.Com :-( And my apologies if we've
had this conversation before, I tend to trumpet Free Agent any chance I get!

Cheers,

TD

Why does August try so hard
To hoist me on my own petard
from Tom Waits' "Purple Avenue"

Webmistress of Tiny Dancer's X-Files Episode Guide
http://www.insanity.com.au/td/

The Sesame Street Lyrics and Sounds Archive
http://i.am/tinyd

Sandy

Aug 18, 2000, 10:06:39 PM8/18/00
>While I wouldn't even pretend I'm funnier than the Democratic National
>Convention...
>

>An old Brethren preacher was dying. He sent a message for his Doctor and his
>Lawyer, both church members, to come to his home. When they arrived, they
>were ushered up to his bedroom. As they entered the room, the preacher held
>out his hands and motioned for them to sit on each side of the bed. The
>preacher grasped their hands, sighed contentedly, smiled and stared at the
>ceiling.
>
>For a time, no one said anything. Both the Doctor and Lawyer were touched
>and flattered that the old preacher would ask them to be with him during his
>final moment. They were also puzzled; the preacher had never given them any
>indication that he particularly liked either of them. They both remembered
>his many long, uncomfortable sermons about greed, covetousness and their
>avaricious behavior that made them squirm in their seats. Finally, the
>doctor said, "Preacher, why did you ask the two of us to come?"
>
>The old preacher mustered up some strength, then said weakly, "Jesus died
>between two thieves ... and that's how I want to go."
>
>Jeff Troutman

lol!!! I knew you wouldn't let us down Jeff : )

Sandy

Aug 18, 2000, 10:09:38 PM8/18/00
>And Dawna, even though I love ya - I gotta ask...Why did you stay there
>watching?

Well, you have to remember Buddy...Dawna lives in *whispers* Arizona..

heeheehee : )

Sandy

Aug 18, 2000, 10:14:33 PM8/18/00
>Wow, I had no idea I've already graduated here as a "newsgroup clown"!
>LOL!

No, your not a "clown" just very witty and funny! : )

> But, Sandy, I'm not feeling so good myself because CP.NET just
>decided they wanna do a "Microsoft" on remarq.com. Remarq, the site I
>was using to read the NGs is officially NO MORE! :(

Alright...I'm getting really P O ed at this Remarq thingy!!!! You guys better

all find a way to get back in here to stay!!

>If you wanna live like a republican, you better vote for a democrat!
>(Bill Clinton)

LOL!! did he really say that?!!

Sandy

Aug 18, 2000, 10:15:51 PM8/18/00
> Well, I saw two flies in a rather amorous position on the clothesline
>> today, both eyeing me resentfully.
>
>They were sarcastically thinking "Why don't you take a picture? It'll last
>longer!"
>
>DGH

LOL!!! I don't know about Rachel and Nadine, but you guys are cracking ME up!!

Sandy

Aug 18, 2000, 10:24:03 PM8/18/00
>Uh. . .ca. . .n't. . .post. . .hum. . .idity. . .kill. . .in
>' me. . .
>
>Too hot. . .to. . .do. . .anything. . .
>
>Can't wait. . .until. . .fall. . .
>
>PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol!!
no, no, no....no excuses Nate...get your butt back in here!!! : )

Sandy

2-60
Class of 78

Oil Impressionist

Aug 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/19/00
In article <8nkuiv$mbu$1...@bob.news.rcn.net>,
"Jeff Troutman" <yourhe...@starpower.net> wrote:

> "Naz Reyes" <n...@american.edu> wrote:
> > >

> > Wow, I had no idea I've already graduated here as a "newsgroup
clown"!

> Nobody graduates Newsgroup Clown School untill they get the ASCII
> pie-in-the-face. Or until they can tell a joke using "alt.config" in
the
> punchline.

Hey, all I know is that when I read one of your posts, Jeff, and it
isn't funny, I'm disappointed. Like you're not allowed to post
something serious or something! :-) Weird, huh? Go alt.config.

Dawna

--

~~A deadly secret lies within LAURA'S LEGACY, available @ Amazon.com
Our web site: http://www.azstarnet.com/~scribes/
Dawna's art site: http://www.geocities.com/scribes2000/artangel.html
The Billy Squier Web Companion: http://members.xoom.com/squiersite/

Oil Impressionist

Aug 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/19/00
In article <8nl082$4p6$1...@bob.news.rcn.net>,
"Jeff Troutman" <yourhe...@starpower.net> wrote:
> You lurkers out there taking notes should understand that sympathy is
> dispensed a little differently here in the '70s ng. Still got that
> polyester leisure suit? We're here for you. C.W. McCall 8-Tracks
stashed
> in your collection? We feel your pain. Suffering a slow death from
the
> summer heat? That's your problem. Unless you can somehow tie it
to "Billy,
> Don't be A Hero", it just doesn't matter.
>
> Jeff Troutman; clarifying, sort of. But not really.

All you forgot was, "Order before midnight tonight!!"

And hey, humidity is too an excuse! It aamkes your fingies
ssssssstickto the keeeeeeeeeeeys an youcant type rite.

Dawna

Oil Impressionist

Aug 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/19/00
Oh man! All I can say (after wiping my eyes from laughing so hard) in
my defense is . . .

I saw them, they saw me see them, and sat still, (so to speak) I hung
up the rug I wanted to dry, then I glanced at them again, wondered what
I told you guys I wondered, and then I LEFT! Really. I didn't take
any pictures either, cuz I'm not into insect porn.
;-) I don't know if he bought her flowers . . . but I did hear him say
he got the condoms at Spencer's Gifts. Tee-hee.

I think we all ought to take this act on the road . . . starting in
(whisper) Arizona, of course!!

Dawna

In article <Rbkn5.15616$4T.9...@bgtnsc07-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,

The Wanderer

Aug 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/19/00
Oh..(hits head).

The Wanderer

Aug 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/19/00
Your diploma is in the mail.
Oil Impressionist wrote in message <8nlbrs$6a$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>...
>In article <8nkuiv$mbu$1...@bob.news.rcn.net>,

> "Jeff Troutman" <yourhe...@starpower.net> wrote:
>> "Naz Reyes" <n...@american.edu> wrote:
>> > >

>> > Wow, I had no idea I've already graduated here as a "newsgroup
>clown"!
>>
>> Nobody graduates Newsgroup Clown School untill they get the ASCII
>> pie-in-the-face. Or until they can tell a joke using "alt.config" in
>the
>> punchline.
>
>Hey, all I know is that when I read one of your posts, Jeff, and it
>isn't funny, I'm disappointed. Like you're not allowed to post
>something serious or something! :-) Weird, huh? Go alt.config.
>
>Dawna
>

>> > LOL! But, Sandy, I'm not feeling so good myself because CP.NET just
>> > decided they wanna do a "Microsoft" on remarq.com. Remarq, the
>site I
>> > was using to read the NGs is officially NO MORE! :(
>>
>> Geez, that was quick. Glad yer still with us.
>>
>> Jeff Troutman

Dixon Hayes

Aug 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/19/00
Molly wrote:

>Wow, this newsgroup is very quiet today. Is there anybody out there?

"If only someone would just kill somebody...well, it don't have to be anyone
we know. Maybe someone's coming through Mayberry and they were planning on
doin' some killin' anyway, they may as well do it here."

--Barney Fife

Dixon

===========
Remember THE Hollywood Squares...the original and the best
http://www.geocities.com/screenjockey/classicsquares.html

"Doggone it, Andy, I hate it when you get obtuse!"
--Barney Fife

Sandy

Aug 19, 2000, 10:06:06 PM8/19/00
>> >Uh. . .ca. . .n't. . .post. . .hum. . .idity. . .kill. . .in

>> > lol!!
>> > no, no, no....no excuses Nate...get your butt back in here!!! : )
>> >

>> You lurkers out there taking notes should understand that sympathy is
>> dispensed a little differently here in the '70s ng. Still got that
>> polyester leisure suit? We're here for you. C.W. McCall 8-Tracks
>stashed
>> in your collection? We feel your pain. Suffering a slow death from
>the
>> summer heat? That's your problem. Unless you can somehow tie it
>to "Billy,
>> Don't be A Hero", it just doesn't matter.
>>
>> Jeff Troutman; clarifying, sort of. But not really.
>>

>All you forgot was, "Order before midnight tonight!!"
>
>And hey, humidity is too an excuse! It aamkes your fingies
>ssssssstickto the keeeeeeeeeeeys an youcant type rite.
>
>Dawna
>
>--

Dawna...I thought it was dry in *whispers*
Arizona???? : )

Jeff Troutman

Aug 20, 2000, 12:16:39 AM8/20/00
"Sandy" <sand...@aol.com> wrote:

> >And hey, humidity is too an excuse! It aamkes your fingies
> >ssssssstickto the keeeeeeeeeeeys an youcant type rite.
> >
> >Dawna
> >
> >--
>
> Dawna...I thought it was dry in *whispers*
> Arizona???? : )

How far is Whispers from Tempe, anyway?

Jeff Troutman

Oil Impressionist

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00
In article <w7tn5.2322$%O6.1...@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,

"The Wanderer" <rosieon...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> Your diploma is in the mail.

Oh boy, oh boy! What size is it? I gotta go out and buy a frame!!!!!!

:-)
Dawna

Oil Impressionist

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00
In article <8nnmbo$qus$1...@bob.news.rcn.net>,
Um . . . lemme look that one up for ya . . . Oh, Larry says it's
within Shouting distance.

Dawna & Larry

Oil Impressionist

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00
In article <20000819220606...@ng-fg1.aol.com>,

Normally it is VERY dry here. During monsoons (approximately 6 weeks
each summer, so they say, but it's usually longer) you can feel the
humidity build up every day. It's almost harder to take that way, cuz
it's kind of dry and then all of a sudden everything starts to drip and
heat up and . . . I can't BREATHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then the storm hits then leaves and it dries out a bit . . . till the
next day. We have what we call August spring where everything is very
green and new.

So if my excuse for being goofy isn't that I live in a dry climate,
maybe it's the fumes from my paints and turpentine!

Dawna

Oil Impressionist

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00
In article <20000819165719...@ng-fm1.aol.com>,

dixon...@aol.comspamless (Dixon Hayes) wrote:
> Molly wrote:
>
> >Wow, this newsgroup is very quiet today. Is there anybody out
there?

> "If only someone would just kill somebody...well, it don't have to
be anyone
> we know. Maybe someone's coming through Mayberry and they were
planning on
> doin' some killin' anyway, they may as well do it here."
>
> --Barney Fife