Hermie or Herbie, the dentist elf?

334 vues

sant...@my-dejanews.com

non lue,
20 nov. 1998, 03:00:0020/11/1998
Okay, the Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer animated TV special first aired in
the 60s, but it was still on in the 70s, so... Was the name of Rudolph's
misfit elf friend, who wanted to be a dentist, Hermie or Herbie? Everyone I
ask picks one or the other, but no one has definitive proof. Please post!

RetroTrish

non lue,
20 nov. 1998, 03:00:0020/11/1998
I think Rudolph's elf buddy was Hermie, but I'll have to wait till the show
airs to find out for sure! BTW, I always look forthe old Rudolph the Red-Nosed
Reindeer on video and never seem to find it locally. Anyone have an idea where
to find this Christmas goodie?

Thanks in advance!
Trish in Atlanta, with dachshunds Thelma Lou & Barney Fife
RETRO FUN: http://members.aol.com/RetroTrish/collect/
* Retrotown maillist * 1950's-'80's pop culture * vegetarian sites * dachshund
rescue * arts & crafts * kids' lit * creative web links *

Tee King

non lue,
20 nov. 1998, 03:00:0020/11/1998
In article <734p6b$d1c$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, sant...@my-dejanews.com
says...

>Okay, the Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer animated TV special first
aired in
>the 60s, but it was still on in the 70s, so... Was the name of
Rudolph's
>misfit elf friend, who wanted to be a dentist, Hermie or Herbie?
Everyone I
>ask picks one or the other, but no one has definitive proof. Please
post!

Herbie was the dentist in "Rudolph". Hermie was the main character in
the movie, "Summer of 42". Both excellent movies in their own right.

Regards,
Tee
http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Trails/8252

FitNFeisty

non lue,
21 nov. 1998, 03:00:0021/11/1998
<<Was the name of Rudolph's
misfit elf friend, who wanted to be a dentist, Hermie or Herbie? Everyone I
ask picks one or the other, but no one has definitive proof. Please post!>>

I thought his name was Herbie, but I have no definitive proof, only my
opinion.

Jen

non lue,
21 nov. 1998, 03:00:0021/11/1998
re: where to find a tape of Rudolph
I don't know where you are, but i used to work at a tower records and at
christmas we carried all of those specials, rudolph, frosty, etc., plus the
one with the heat miser & cold miser (seemed to be the favorite). i know
they have an 800 mail order number, but i don't know what it is...but it any
case they are available on video. you could try reel.com

Richard Fontana

non lue,
21 nov. 1998, 03:00:0021/11/1998

It's Herbie. This is not an obscure thing... I don't know if "Rudolph"
is shown on broadcast TV anymore, but it remains popular even among
today's children in video format. (Unlike a lot of other things which
seem to be lost...)

SisSparki

non lue,
22 nov. 1998, 03:00:0022/11/1998
"Ppsssssssst! Herbie doesn't like to make toys!"
***SPARKI***
"Why ask why? Just GO for it!"

Paul Novak

non lue,
22 nov. 1998, 03:00:0022/11/1998

sant...@my-dejanews.com

non lue,
25 nov. 1998, 03:00:0025/11/1998
In article <19981122110918...@ng96.aol.com>,
cmke...@aol.com (CM Kennedy) wrote:
> I got my video out of an Avon brochure. It's closed-captioned, so next time I
> watch it, I'll read the captions to find out if it's Herbie or Hermie.
>
> connie

I checked my taped-off-TV copy: sounds like the head elf calls him Herbie,
and Yukon, Rudolph, and the Snowman (did he have a name?) called him Hermie.
Character names aren't listed in the closing credits. According to
www.CVS.com, the name is Herbie (though I'm holding out for Hermie). Does
anyone know what was wrong with the doll on the Island Of Misfit Toys to make
her a misfit? Does anyone know what happened to Rankin-Bass productions and
that method of puppet-animation that was (and still is) so popular? -SF

C.V.

non lue,
26 nov. 1998, 03:00:0026/11/1998
On Wed, 25 Nov 1998 16:30:29 GMT, sant...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

>Does anyone know what was wrong with the doll on the Island Of Misfit Toys to make
>her a misfit?

she had a penis

Cinema Works

non lue,
26 nov. 1998, 03:00:0026/11/1998
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

And all this time I thought her problem was she couldn't cry.

C.V. wrote in message <365d5b0c...@news.earthlink.net>...

sant...@my-dejanews.com

non lue,
30 nov. 1998, 03:00:0030/11/1998
Yay! Thanks Connie!!!

In article <19981126194847...@ngol07.aol.com>,
cmke...@aol.com (CM Kennedy) wrote:

> According to the closed-captioning on the video, it's HERMEY!
>
> Connie---

> cmke...@aol.com (CM Kennedy) writes:
>

> >I got my video out of an Avon brochure. It's closed-captioned, so next time
> >watch it, I'll read the captions to find out if it's Herbie or Hermie.
> >
> >connie

ChesterB

non lue,
1 déc. 1998, 03:00:0001/12/1998
>> According to the closed-captioning on the video, it's HERMEY!>>>

i'm still confused over this, cuz i found a book in TOYS-R-US this weekend
where he is called "HERBIE". the book is newly published, and the line
carries book versions of most of the popular RANKIN-BASS holiday shows.

then i watched the special last night and at one point the head elf sounded
like he called him "HERBIE", but then later it sounded like Rudolph introduced
him to Yukon Cornelious as "HERMIE".

will it ever be resolved?

hoot man

ford.t...@gmail.com

non lue,
30 oct. 2018, 13:44:5230/10/2018
His name is Hermie, it was originally going to be Herbie after a friend as many of the characters are named or based after real life people. That may be why in some of the newer versions it is now Herbie as they may be changing it back to what the original intended name was. Also the doll felt she was a misfit due to her low self esteem and that she was unlovable. The snowmans name was Sam his look was based on the man who was his voice Burl Ives.
0 nouveau message