Words to old camp song

Carenmarc

Feb 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/27/96
Hi group!
I've been trying to remember a line to an old nonsense syllables camp
song that I learned in the late 60's. Some of you boomers must know this.
My kids are dying to find out the missing line. So here goes the silly
thing:
(Each line gets said by the leader, then repeated by everyone else
together).

Flea
Flea fly
Flea fly flo
Viste
Viste
Cumalata cumalata cumalata viste
Oh, no no no, not the viste
Viste
(I think the following line is right or may be parts of 2 different lines)
Eeny meeny decilini, oocha awa-alini, hexalini gazotalini oocha awah.
(Is there a missing line right here?)
Be biddily oat'n doat'n, bo bo bideet'n daht'n, whynot'n sshhhhhh!

I know this thing sounds crazy but I can't be the only one who ever
learned it. I need help guys!
-------Caren

Sara Grimes

Feb 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/27/96
Recently care...@aol.com (Carenmarc) wrote:
> I've been trying to remember a line to an old nonsense syllables camp
>song that I learned in the late 60's. Some of you boomers must know this.

>Eeny meeny decilini, oocha awa-alini, hexalini gazotalini oocha awah.

>Be biddily oat'n doat'n, bo bo bideet'n daht'n, whynot'n sshhhhhh!

Okay -- ROTFL -- now you did it! I loved Flea.

Here is my memory for the last two lines:

Eeny meeny, decimeeny, oowa, chuwalameeny, hexameeny, zollameeny, oowa,
chuwa.
Beat billy otten dotten, bo bo bid deatten datten, zzz-zz-zz-zz-zzz-zz-zzzz

What a great memory. Now that tune will go through my head the rest of the
day.

Sara

Carenmarc

Feb 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/27/96
Sara,
Loved your version of Flea, but it didn't help me fill in the missing
pieces. Come on all you campers, doesn't anybody else know this thing?
How about you, Harry Anchan, you seem to know every song ever sung!!
--------Caren

kar...@infi.net

Mar 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/3/96
care...@aol.com (Carenmarc) wrote:

>Hi group!

> I've been trying to remember a line to an old nonsense syllables camp
>song that I learned in the late 60's. Some of you boomers must know this.

>My kids are dying to find out the missing line. So here goes the silly
>thing:
>(Each line gets said by the leader, then repeated by everyone else
>together).

>Flea
>Flea fly
>Flea fly flo
>Viste
>Viste
>Cumalata cumalata cumalata viste
>Oh, no no no, not the viste
>Viste
>(I think the following line is right or may be parts of 2 different lines)

>Eeny meeny decilini, oocha awa-alini, hexalini gazotalini oocha awah.

>(Is there a missing line right here?)

>Be biddily oat'n doat'n, bo bo bideet'n daht'n, whynot'n sshhhhhh!

>I know this thing sounds crazy but I can't be the only one who ever

>learned it. I need help guys!
>-------Caren

Here is what I remember. It was a girl scout song, and I sing it with
my 5 year old son now.

Fee
Fee Fi
Fee Fi Foe
Vista
Cumala Cumala Cumala Vista
Na na na na na na Vista
eena meenie essa meenie ooh what choo wanna meenie
eena meenie sola meenie ooh what cho awe
beep billy oaten doaten ooh what choo didden dotten
shhhhhh

how's that?
Karen
(class of 1980)

Carenmarc

Mar 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/4/96
kar...@infi.net wrote:

>Here is what I remember. It was a girl scout song, and I sing it with
>my 5 year old son now.

>Fee
>Fee Fi
>Fee Fi Foe
>Vista
>Cumala Cumala Cumala Vista
>Na na na na na na Vista
>eena meenie essa meenie ooh what choo wanna meenie
>eena meenie sola meenie ooh what cho awe
>beep billy oaten doaten ooh what choo didden dotten
>shhhhhh

Karen,
Ain't it great how the tradition carries on, even though it changes along
the way? I love seeing how this thing has metamorphosed!
-------Caren

chayto...@gmail.com

Jul 19, 2013, 11:19:11 AM7/19/13
On Tuesday, February 27, 1996 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Carenmarc wrote:
> Hi group!
> I've been trying to remember a line to an old nonsense syllables camp
> song that I learned in the late 60's. Some of you boomers must know this.
> My kids are dying to find out the missing line. So here goes the silly
> thing:
> (Each line gets said by the leader, then repeated by everyone else
> together).
>
> Flea
> Flea fly
> Flea fly flo
> Viste
> Viste
> Cumalata cumalata cumalata viste
> Oh, no no no, not the viste
> Viste
> (I think the following line is right or may be parts of 2 different lines)
> Eeny meeny decilini, oocha awa-alini, hexalini gazotalini oocha awah.
> (Is there a missing line right here?)
> Be biddily oat'n doat'n, bo bo bideet'n daht'n, whynot'n sshhhhhh!
>
> I know this thing sounds crazy but I can't be the only one who ever
> learned it. I need help guys!
> -------Caren

Hello Caren.. this is compliments of scoutingweb.com Here are the words to Flea Fly, and yes there was a line missing.

*************************************

Flea
Flea fly
Flea fly flew
Vesta
Cumalatta, cumalatta, cumalatta vesta
Oh, no, no, no, not de vesta
Eenie, meenie, desameenie
Oo walla walla meenie
Eenie, meenie, salla, meenie
Oo walla wa
Beat Billy Otten Botten
Be bo be deaten dotten
Wa was shenanigan ssh-ssh-ssh-ssh

otte...@gmail.com

Nov 22, 2013, 3:18:20 AM11/22/13
I would also like to remember as it was so fun.
My only memory broken as it seems after reading the comments is:
bit billy otten doten du bob-a-reena dobbin
bit billy otten doten du bob-a-reena dobbin
eenie meanie dessa-meany oowatchuwahnameany
exameany sallameany oowatchuwah!

otte...@gmail.com

Nov 22, 2013, 3:26:22 AM11/22/13
found it! here...
http://www.kickapookamp.com/pdf/songbook.pdf

(some lines are repeated from camp counselor to campers)

david...@gmail.com

Jul 4, 2014, 11:01:10 AM7/4/14
I remember this from boy scouts

It was a call and reply..

Waddat 'n choo!
Waddat 'n choo! (everyone repeats)

Bo-dote skedeetn' Dattn' Waddat 'n choo! (Call and repeat for every line - test your memory)

Ish billy oatn' doten' Bo-dote skedeetn' Dattn' Waddat 'n choo!

Itten ditten little ditten Oaten dotn' little dotn' Ish billy oatn' doten' Bo-dote skedeetn' Dattn' Waddat 'n choo!

jackshallha...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2015, 10:54:43 AM1/8/15
Yes, we sang a slightly different version in Girl Scouts.

Jayfromtheleftcoast

Jan 28, 2015, 9:30:55 PM1/28/15
As a former camp counsellor, I think I remember a version of this with
your forgotten line as:

"x-zameali, y -zameali, zoo-alawallameali"

(or something like that!)

r7d...@gmail.com

Sep 14, 2015, 8:22:08 PM9/14/15
Here's the one I learned;

Ennie meeni decimeeni hexamenni solameeni, enni meeni hexameeni solameeni so. Be billy otten boaten bobot scadeten daten wada cha. Bugs Bunny Bugs Bunny, Rah Rah Rah!

randyc...@gmail.com

Dec 7, 2015, 7:38:55 PM12/7/15
On Tuesday, February 27, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Carenmarc wrote:
> Hi group!
> I've been trying to remember a line to an old nonsense syllables camp
> song that I learned in the late 60's. Some of you boomers must know this.
> My kids are dying to find out the missing line. So here goes the silly
> thing:
> (Each line gets said by the leader, then repeated by everyone else
> together).
>
> Flea
> Flea fly
> Flea fly flo
> Viste
> Viste
> Cumalata cumalata cumalata viste
> Oh, no no no, not the viste
> Viste
> (I think the following line is right or may be parts of 2 different lines)
> Eeny meeny decilini, oocha awa-alini, hexalini gazotalini oocha awah.
> (Is there a missing line right here?)
> Be biddily oat'n doat'n, bo bo bideet'n daht'n, whynot'n sshhhhhh!
>
> I know this thing sounds crazy but I can't be the only one who ever
> learned it. I need help guys!
> -------Caren

Hi all,

Cracked me up to run across this discussion! I was trying to see if I could find anything close to what I remembered from YMCA camp (40+ years ago!).

There are 2 lines that I remember so well because it took me a while to learn them at the time:

Ee-nee mean-nee catch agee-nee ooh-ah ooh-ah ba-lee-nee

Beep biddle-lee oh-ten dough-ten be bos-key ahten dotten

cheers!!

carolynwi...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2016, 4:37:41 AM2/25/16
I knew similar rhyme: eeney- meeney jipso-leny ooo aaah ambo-leeny...ossy cossy little watsy- i love u, have peach have plum ,have stick of chewing gum , along came choo- and hit him in the booboo, and my monkey is dead!......lol

tonypad...@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2016, 5:41:17 PM11/12/16
On Thursday, February 25, 2016 at 2:37:41 AM UTC-7, carolynwi...@gmail.com wrote:
> I knew similar rhyme: eeney- meeney jipso-leny ooo aaah ambo-leeny...ossy cossy little watsy- i love u, have peach have plum ,have stick of chewing gum , along came choo- and hit him in the booboo, and my monkey is dead!......lol

This is the odd version we would do (Phoenix, AZ, circa 1977):

Cumala Cumala Cumala Vista
No No No Not a Vista
Iminy Siminy Oooh Wah Oh Wane
Big Babaloos, Babaloos a Bingus

cherylb...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2017, 8:42:04 PM4/18/17
http://www.our-sma-angels.com. is where I found one version.

commo...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2017, 7:33:41 AM8/1/17
Im 18 years old born in 1999 and i know this from my dad who had his ma sing it for him! Beat belly oaten doten bobo badeet doten

jayned...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2017, 12:41:16 PM9/8/17
(Its a cheerleading cheer. Sitting on floor, cross-legged. Hit hands on floor, clap, snap, clap, hit floor, clap, snap, clap, floor,clap, snap, clap, floor, clap, snap, floor, all the way through through cheer). Veesta! Veesta! (Repeat) Cuumalotta cuumalotta cuumalotta Veesta! (Repeat) Oh no no no notsa veesta! (Repeat) Eeny meeny desimeeny ooh wat n dot n meeny!(repeat) Sallimeeny Desimeeny ooh wat n dot n meeny! (repeat) Beep billy oat n goat bo bo skee wat n dot! (Repeat) Shhhhhhh! Shhhhhhh! (Repeat)

skmde...@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2017, 5:07:59 PM9/13/17
Oh my gosh! I sang this in Girl Scout camp in the 60s. That song just popped in my head, I'm 62 years old and couldn't get it out of my head! I I live in North Carolina so I just assume that it was a southern thing. I believe that's as close as you're ever going to get to that song. THANK YOU for helping me remember too! Sandra Mabe DeHaven

baa...@gmail.com

Oct 16, 2017, 5:18:12 PM10/16/17
Thank you ! I thought I was the only one!!

baa...@gmail.com

Oct 16, 2017, 5:19:00 PM10/16/17
Esameenie solameenie ooowata wa

sweetsecon...@gmail.com

Jan 2, 2018, 12:02:57 PM1/2/18

sue.e...@gmail.com

Mar 18, 2018, 7:33:40 PM3/18/18

sue.e...@gmail.com

Mar 18, 2018, 7:35:19 PM3/18/18
exa-meenie ina-meenie oo-wat a wat a meenie
Ina-meenie exa-meenie oo-wat a wat.

That's what I remember

annrabi...@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2018, 3:21:41 PM4/15/18
Yep! Am 64, totally remember that song from Girl Scouts, after the Shhhh... it ended with arms crossed saying "Ug" in unison.

earle...@gmail.com

Jul 30, 2018, 10:20:44 PM7/30/18
On Sunday, April 15, 2018 at 3:21:41 PM UTC-4, annrabi...@gmail.com wrote:
> Yep! Am 64, totally remember that song from Girl Scouts, after the Shhhh... it ended with arms crossed saying "Ug" in unison.

This is how we sing it in NW Ga: Flea...Flea fly....Flea Fly Flo..... Bientay!
Oh... eenie meanie deci meanie oohwat awat ameanie
Exa meanie zala meanie oohwat awah!!
Beat belly ut undut-on, Oh wat abeat'n baht'n shhh!!!

lynm...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2018, 1:38:00 AM9/8/18
Heres what I remember from summer camp in Florida 1968
Fe
Fe fi
Fe fi fo
Viste
Viste
Cumulata viste
Oh no no no not a viste
Gozalamenie hexamenie zo walla alla menie
zalamenie hexamenie zo alla walla

Beat Billy oatn dotn oo bop a ditn dot
Beat Billy oatn dotn OH bop a ditn dot
Oooooooo
Repeat - this was done with hand slap rhythms with a partner similar to Cinderella dressed in yellow

amied...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2018, 8:36:31 PM9/21/18
Simma nikka bominikka lotta potta ringtum kindboat, nerro nerro captain kerro bommanosey bommanosey ish Billy oatten boatte. Ti wa ba who um usamunga jingybo them brown eyed chotto bodengus'

wckr...@yahoo.com

Sep 30, 2018, 5:03:54 PM9/30/18
Okay, here's part of the one I recall my daughter and here best childhood (and still) best friend saying,

Eeny meeny decilini, oowa boppa ditty, elevator operator, I love you.

On Tuesday, February 27, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Sara Grimes wrote:
> Recently care...@aol.com (Carenmarc) wrote:
> > I've been trying to remember a line to an old nonsense syllables camp
> >song that I learned in the late 60's. Some of you boomers must know this.
>
> >Eeny meeny decilini, oocha awa-alini, hexalini gazotalini oocha awah.
> >Be biddily oat'n doat'n, bo bo bideet'n daht'n, whynot'n sshhhhhh!
>
> Okay -- ROTFL -- now you did it! I loved Flea.
>
> Here is my memory for the last two lines:
>
> Eeny meeny, decimeeny, oowa, chuwalameeny, hexameeny, zollameeny, oowa,
> chuwa.
> Beat billy otten dotten, bo bo bid deatten datten, zzz-zz-zz-zz-zzz-zz-zzzz
>
> What a great memory. Now that tune will go through my head the rest of the
> day.
>
> Sara

Loose Cannon

Nov 5, 2018, 10:58:30 PM11/5/18
What camp song list would be complete without this classic?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tuu5YtkPIo

parso...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2019, 8:28:23 PM2/14/19

mommagoo...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2019, 1:33:42 PM2/21/19
On Tuesday, February 27, 1996 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-6, Carenmarc wrote:
> Hi group!
> I've been trying to remember a line to an old nonsense syllables camp
> song that I learned in the late 60's. Some of you boomers must know this.
> My kids are dying to find out the missing line. So here goes the silly
> thing:
> (Each line gets said by the leader, then repeated by everyone else
> together).
>
> Flea
> Flea fly
> Flea fly flo
> Viste
> Viste
> Cumalata cumalata cumalata viste
> Oh, no no no, not the viste
> Viste
> (I think the following line is right or may be parts of 2 different lines)
> Eeny meeny decilini, oocha awa-alini, hexalini gazotalini oocha awah.
> (Is there a missing line right here?)
> Be biddily oat'n doat'n, bo bo bideet'n daht'n, whynot'n sshhhhhh!
>
> I know this thing sounds crazy but I can't be the only one who ever
> learned it. I need help guys!
> -------Caren

Here it is:

Flea
Flea Fly
Flea Fly Flow
Fiesta!

Cumalata Cumalata Cumalata Fiesta
Oh no no no not the fiesta!
Eeny meany desameany uwah uwahlameany
xameany solameany uwah uwah
Be Billy Hoten Boaten Bo Bo Ska deeten dottin
Shhhhhhhh!

erin....@gmail.com

Jun 13, 2019, 9:06:28 PM6/13/19
This is how we sang it......
Each line is sang by one person and then repeated by the group

Cumalata cumalata cumalata vista
Ah na-na. Na-na-na- vista
Eenie meenie decimeenie ooh-wahla wahla-meenie
Big Billie boot’n-bott’n beet-bott’n deet’n-dott’n
yaaaaaahhhhhhhh let’s go!

kbonn...@gmail.com

Jul 17, 2019, 8:59:40 PM7/17/19
Eenie weenie desilini oohh ahh ahh bikini.. acha kasha kumarasha ohh ahh ahh ish bibli oaten oaten bee bop a bop ah chhh

sherryg...@gmail.com

Aug 6, 2019, 9:59:18 AM8/6/19
Ish billy oaten oaten bo bo be deaten doten

amy...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2020, 5:03:23 AM2/28/20
On Tuesday, February 27, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Carenmarc wrote:
> Hi group!
> I've been trying to remember a line to an old nonsense syllables camp
> song that I learned in the late 60's. Some of you boomers must know this.
> My kids are dying to find out the missing line. So here goes the silly
> thing:
> (Each line gets said by the leader, then repeated by everyone else
> together).
>
> Flea
> Flea fly
> Flea fly flo
> Viste
> Viste
> Cumalata cumalata cumalata viste
> Oh, no no no, not the viste
> Viste
> (I think the following line is right or may be parts of 2 different lines)
> Eeny meeny decilini, oocha awa-alini, hexalini gazotalini oocha awah.
> (Is there a missing line right here?)
> Be biddily oat'n doat'n, bo bo bideet'n daht'n, whynot'n sshhhhhh!
>
> I know this thing sounds crazy but I can't be the only one who ever
> learned it. I need help guys!
> -------Caren
Lol my boyfriend has been singing that to me I think it's great he tells me that this is the end of what he remembers... anyone else remember it this way
Bo bo ba ditton dotton hacha racha bo bo ba ditton dotton
Ha!

d.low...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2020, 9:12:46 PM4/28/20
Eesha billy oaten doaten, Bo bo ba ditten datten, Oh bo ba ditten datten (Tongue click) click, click Tssssshhhhh.

Elizabeth Morrison

Jul 1, 2022, 2:44:02 AM7/1/22

Elizabeth Morrison

Jul 1, 2022, 2:52:45 AM7/1/22
Flea (flea)
Fly (fly)
Flea fly (flea fly)
Flea fly flow (flea fly flow)
Eeny meeny discillini ooh ah ah na meeny
Acha cacha cumaracha ooh ah ooh
Ish tiddly obo ‘n’ bobo ‘n’ dit ‘n’ dot ‘n’ why not ‘n’ tsshhh
Ish tiddly obo ‘n’ bobo ‘n’ dit ‘n’ dot ‘n’ why not ‘n’ tsshhh

Lenona

Dec 5, 2023, 9:03:20 AM12/5/23
Somehow, the ONLY times I heard/saw this performed were on "Zoom" (in the 1970s - not the newer version, which I never watched).

You can also hear it on one of the LPs.

And instead of "take a peach, take a plum" it was "to the front, to the back, to the seesaw sack" (I think).

But I definitely remembered one line as "atchee katchee Liberace, I love you."

So I went looking for that and found these:

https://www.google.com/search?q=eenie+liberace&rlz=1CAJMBU_enUS1087&oq=eenie+liberace&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOdIBCDQxNTlqMGoxqAIAsAIA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#ip=1

One will take you to a discussion thread at the Straight Dope Message Board (a great site in general for all kinds of information, for those who don't know - there are "Straight Dope" BOOKS as well!)

That thread mentions how a girl had to ask who Liberace was.