just curious.........

Wyverex

Nov 23, 2003, 11:55:42 AM11/23/03
How mayn people on here still live in canterbury after they've graduated?
How did you find it getting work, settling in, getting a home, etc etc.

Wyverex, concidering returning to the one place she likes to call home

Abi

Nov 24, 2003, 8:43:36 AM11/24/03
"Wyverex" <tweety_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<bpqoql$9e6$1...@news6.svr.pol.co.uk>...

> How mayn people on here still live in canterbury after they've graduated?
> How did you find it getting work, settling in, getting a home, etc etc.
>
> Wyverex, concidering returning to the one place she likes to call home

Not me, I left for the Big Smoke as soon as I could. Couldn't *wait*
to get out of Canterbury. Small place, nothing to do and little job
prospects. Boooring. However, having said that, I know that a high
proportion of miscers live there. There must be as many ex students
are there are current students. Why does everyone choose to stay? Is
it because they're used to it after three or four years? because
they're afraid of change? Because a lot of miscers are generally anti
social and can't deal with moving around? Everyone always says 'oh, my
friends live there', which is a catch 22 as why, in that case, do all
the friends decide to stay. Can't be true for all the foreign
students. My friends have managed to go back to Italy, Australia,
Holland, Belgium, USA, and a few english ones have even managed to
prise themselves away from Canterbury.

Ok Canterbury's a nice place blah blah blah but....there's so much
more to the world than Canterbury. You could move any where you wanted
to, explore as many places as you wanted after you graduate and still
people return to their old (ex) student life. This isn't a personal
attack, you understand, just a point of view. Canterbury's nice to
visit, but I wouldn't want to live there (any more).

Abi

Stephen & Sarah

Nov 24, 2003, 9:12:35 AM11/24/03

"Wyverex" <tweety_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How mayn people on here still live in canterbury after they've graduated?
> How did you find it getting work, settling in, getting a home, etc etc.

If you find a good job in Canterbury then stay. Try Shepherds Neame, Saga,
the NHS, UKC and Pfizer as they make up about 75% of the East Kent
employment market. If you can't find a job in Canterbury then don't stay.
You'll only get poor.

Stephen

---

Beer Monster

Nov 24, 2003, 10:01:08 AM11/24/03
Wyverex wrote ...

> How mayn people on here still live in canterbury after they've graduated?

I tried living in Canterbury for a year after graduating, applied for
jobs but got no further than being a security guard and a chef.

> How did you find it getting work, settling in, getting a home, etc etc.

Gave up and moved back home. Since then house prices have gone chicken
oriental so the likelihood of me moving into my own place is very
small.

> Wyverex, concidering returning to the one place she likes to call home

Going back to join the farmers then?

Bill

la_haine

Nov 24, 2003, 10:15:06 AM11/24/03
3holste...@notboring.com (Beer Monster) wrote in

> I tried living in Canterbury for a year after graduating, applied for
> jobs but got no further than being a security guard and a chef.

what, at the same time?

--
'The degree of a person's vocality on an issue is inversely proportional to
their knowledge of the topic.'

Chris Jones

Nov 24, 2003, 2:24:55 PM11/24/03
> > I tried living in Canterbury for a year after graduating, applied for
> > jobs but got no further than being a security guard and a chef.
>
> what, at the same time?

At least he gives you a nice meal before showing you out of the front door.

Wyverex

Nov 24, 2003, 4:48:51 PM11/24/03
> Gave up and moved back home. Since then house prices have gone chicken
> oriental so the likelihood of me moving into my own place is very
> small.

that's about the only benefit of suffolk, and even here the house prices are
starting to go rocketing.

> Going back to join the farmers then?

No, thats the problem, i live surrounded by them and the moment, and nothing
else hardly. Which is why, though canters might be small, its massive
compared to this!

Wyverex

Nov 24, 2003, 4:55:10 PM11/24/03
> Not me, I left for the Big Smoke as soon as I could. Couldn't *wait*
> to get out of Canterbury. Small place, nothing to do and little job
> prospects.

I suppose that's relative. As I live out in teh middle of suffolk,
canterbury has always been big enough for me and london, etc too big to
begin to fathom. As for jobs, has to be better than just mod, fast food,
etc on the military bases, oh, and farming? It's no where near as boring as
where i live.

> Ok Canterbury's a nice place blah blah blah but....there's so much
> more to the world than Canterbury. You could move any where you wanted
> to, explore as many places as you wanted after you graduate and still
> people return to their old (ex) student life.

I wonder if its anything like why i'm concidering it? I've come from a tiny
area, and going to london or somthing sounds just too big at the momemnt to
grasp. I suppose i got used to having everythign i needed in a fairly small
area and being able to at least try and find something to do as opposed to
being resigned to driving half an hour for ANYTHING. That, and it is quiet
and quaint, which might be desired. And it's always possible for it to be
temporary.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that it's what i should do, even if i'd
rather go to london to be right near my bf, it's just too big and has little
that i know. Maybe it's that familiarity that canters has too. Who knows,
i'm just wondering what to look at to live, that'll be interesting.
Of those that stayed, did anyone go stay in student acomodation houses and
things (i know you'd have to pay council tax, etc for the house though) or
did you go right out and lok for your own flat?

Wyverex, getting more and more determined

Daniel Bennett

Nov 24, 2003, 6:00:59 PM11/24/03

"Wyverex" <tweety_...@hotmail.com> wrote

> that's about the only benefit of suffolk, and even here the house prices
are
> starting to go rocketing.

Yeah, and those tractors, they don't just take up the road, as like the
whole county.....

Daniel

Wyverex

Nov 24, 2003, 8:24:33 PM11/24/03

"> Yeah, and those tractors, they don't just take up the road, as like the
> whole county.....

don't remind me, i get at least one every morning on the way to
work.............

Wyverex, hates driving to work,and not just becuase of the work bit

Ducttape

Nov 24, 2003, 11:58:37 PM11/24/03
Wyverex <tweety_...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> that's about the only benefit of suffolk, and even here the house prices are
> starting to go rocketing.

Last time I checked the prices in especially Ipswich, are going up lots! When
I started work in 1998, I was looking for buying my own place, and then you
could get a half decent 3 bed semi or end terrace for about 60 grand, by the
time decided to leave work in the late summer 2000, the same sort of house was
pushing 90 grand. Which was one of many reasons behind me leaving Ipswich.
But it hasn't stopped, the semi detached 3 bed house near my mums house was on
the market for 105 grand recently!

Ok, whilst its nowhere as near as expensive as Canterbury, I wouldn't call
them exactly affordable. When you consider that you can usually borrow 3-3.5
times your salary (Borrowing anymore is just stupid, IMHO) in order to afford
that 90 grand type place, you need to be on 25-30 grand. Not every graduate
gets a job paid that much!

And as for canterbury, well, the housing is so damn expensive, cos all the
cheap stuff has been bought up and rented to students, Grrrr.

Duct...@s1ut.org.uk - All views are my own unless stated otherwise
Vice Chairperson - Kent Union Union Council, SAA Assistant Diving Instructor
"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those
of us who do." (Isaac Asimov)

Ducttape

Nov 25, 2003, 12:04:42 AM11/25/03
Abi <miss_abi...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Not me, I left for the Big Smoke as soon as I could. Couldn't *wait*
> to get out of Canterbury. Small place, nothing to do and little job
> prospects. Boooring. However, having said that, I know that a high
> proportion of miscers live there. There must be as many ex students
> are there are current students. Why does everyone choose to stay? Is
> it because they're used to it after three or four years? because
> they're afraid of change? Because a lot of miscers are generally anti
> social and can't deal with moving around? Everyone always says 'oh, my
> friends live there', which is a catch 22 as why, in that case, do all
> the friends decide to stay. Can't be true for all the foreign
> students. My friends have managed to go back to Italy, Australia,
> Holland, Belgium, USA, and a few english ones have even managed to
> prise themselves away from Canterbury.

Its different for everyone but, the question is, after making Canterbury your
home for 3 years, where are you supposed to go? Many go back home to their
family, or atleast their hometown. For me thats not an opption. So if not
there, where should you go? You can head to the big smoke, for stress and car
fumes and a prohibitve cost of living, or, you can head to some small town,
which has all the pros and cons of canterbury, except you don't know anyone,
which can be a good thing.

And with the current job market, esp in the Tech Secter, Canterbury is as good
as anywhere to sign on.

> Ok Canterbury's a nice place blah blah blah but....there's so much
> more to the world than Canterbury. You could move any where you wanted
> to, explore as many places as you wanted after you graduate and still
> people return to their old (ex) student life. This isn't a personal
> attack, you understand, just a point of view. Canterbury's nice to
> visit, but I wouldn't want to live there (any more).

See above.

Personally, putting everything in storage, and buggering off round the world
sounds to me like a damn good plan!

TitaniumWulf

Nov 25, 2003, 3:51:24 AM11/25/03

> Not me, I left for the Big Smoke as soon as I could. Couldn't *wait*
> to get out of Canterbury. Small place, nothing to do and little job
> prospects. Boooring.

London - been there done that. Not really fussed where
I live, as long as I am there for the right reasons.

> Ok Canterbury's a nice place blah blah blah but....
> there's so much more to the world than Canterbury.

And London :)

Wyatt

Chris Jones

Nov 25, 2003, 11:13:22 AM11/25/03
> > that's about the only benefit of suffolk, and even here the house
> > prices are starting to go rocketing.
>
> And as for canterbury, well, the housing is so damn expensive, cos all
> the cheap stuff has been bought up and rented to students, Grrrr.

So rent somewhere - there's no law that says you have to own a house by the
time you're 25. Take some time to explore different parts of the country -
you could even rent places for 6 months at a time in different areas if you
wanted to.

Daniel Bennett

Nov 25, 2003, 4:46:04 PM11/25/03

"Wyverex" <tweety_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

They're the same tractors used in yankee land I guess.

Daniel

Daniel Bennett

Nov 25, 2003, 4:47:13 PM11/25/03

"Ducttape" <di...@ukc.ac.uk> wrote

> And with the current job market, esp in the Tech Secter, Canterbury is as
good
> as anywhere to sign on.

Makes IT in the NHS not such a bad idea. Least theres a major investment in
IT atm, especially across Kent. I know we have at least 1million for our
trust alone on Infrastructure.

Daniel

oi ref!

Nov 25, 2003, 4:51:53 PM11/25/03
I graduated in July, I have decided to settle in Canterbury, but am finding
it increasingly expensive, and a bit difficult to find a job. I am having
to remain in my Uni job. If I had a choice (money no object) I'd go to
London, despite it being full of scary people, the job availability is just
so much better.

Wyverex

Nov 25, 2003, 5:21:41 PM11/25/03

"oi ref!" <saml...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Ok, wel that's not too encouraging. But that said, what sort of jobs are
you looking for? Somethign that you wnat or just somethign to bring in
enough money? Cause if you're just being fussy, that's a different matter
:op Oh, and what degree did you get?

Wyverex, also a july graduate, but stuck at home now

Wyverex

Nov 25, 2003, 5:23:01 PM11/25/03
> They're the same tractors used in yankee land I guess.

Wouldnt know, not too familiar with yankee tractors beyond what my
grandfather likes driving about his land, which isn't the same thing. But
id imagine they could be just as annoying if you couldn't just bump off the
side of the long straight road and dart around them :op

Wyverex

Nov 25, 2003, 5:24:02 PM11/25/03
\> So rent somewhere - there's no law that says you have to own a house by

the
> time you're 25. Take some time to explore different parts of the country -
> you could even rent places for 6 months at a time in different areas if
you
> wanted to.

Good idea, but some people see renting as a bit of a waste of money as,
besides a place to live, you're not really gettign anything out of it at the
end of the day, which you would be with a morgage.

Brendan

Nov 25, 2003, 7:18:39 PM11/25/03
"Stephen & Sarah"
<SteveandSarah@dont_like_junk_mail_highmarsh.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
message news:bpt3k7$166$1...@news7.svr.pol.co.uk...

> "Wyverex" <tweety_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > How mayn people on here still live in canterbury after they've
graduated?
> > How did you find it getting work, settling in, getting a home, etc etc.
>
> If you find a good job in Canterbury then stay. Try Shepherds Neame,
Saga,
> the NHS, UKC and Pfizer as they make up about 75% of the East Kent
> employment market. If you can't find a job in Canterbury then don't stay.
> You'll only get poor.

The man's right. I stayed in Canterbury for a year after I graduated, but
the best job I could get was as a waiter. Eventually left for London and a
decent job practically jumped up and bit me on the ass. Took about three
days to get some temp work. My first role was as a reception doorman type.
I was literally expected to answer maybe three or four calls a day, and just
read books and magazines. I got paid Ł8 per hour to do that.

Anyway, the main problem with Canterbury, and Kent generally, is there
aren't any tech jobs e.g. IT. In fact, aside from a few companies (at
places like Ashford) you're pretty much going to end up commuting to London.

One further point: My rent here, for a very nice three bedroomed house
shared by 4, is about Ł10/month more expensive than my old shitty student
house shared by 5 in Canterbury. And it's sooo much nicer.

Brendan

Brendan

Nov 25, 2003, 7:28:53 PM11/25/03

> Good idea, but some people see renting as a bit of a waste of money as,
> besides a place to live, you're not really gettign anything out of it at
the
> end of the day, which you would be with a morgage.

Yes you are, you're getting about £100,000 less debt. Work it out:

My rent [r]: £285/month
House market value [v]: £120,000 (very conservative guess - South London)

At that rate I'd have to live in the house for (v / (12 * r)) years before I
made a saving, right?

Well I make that 35 years! Now the identical house next door to where I
lived in Canterbury(82 Tenterden Drive - now a student house) sold for £180
last year. Work that one out.

It's rare these days to live in a house long enough to actually own it. And
before the morgage is paid it's not technically yours. So what's the
difference?

Brendan

Ducttape

Nov 25, 2003, 10:00:35 PM11/25/03
Chris Jones <dos...@removethisbigfoot.com> wrote:
> So rent somewhere - there's no law that says you have to own a house by the
> time you're 25. Take some time to explore different parts of the country -
> you could even rent places for 6 months at a time in different areas if you
> wanted to.
Yes, but in doing this you aren't building up any capital or assets, and as
such, its not as financially sound as owning a house.

Fox

Nov 26, 2003, 2:40:58 AM11/26/03
"Ducttape" <di...@ukc.ac.uk> wrote in message

> Chris Jones <dos...@removethisbigfoot.com> wrote:
> Yes, but in doing this you aren't building up any capital or assets, and
as
> such, its not as financially sound as owning a house.

And if you end up in negative equity that is even less sound. You can build
up capital and assests in ways other than just owning a house.

Fox

Ducttape

Nov 26, 2003, 2:58:58 AM11/26/03
Fox <zen_no_30718_spam_@_no_zen_spam_.co.uk> wrote:
> And if you end up in negative equity that is even less sound. You can build
> up capital and assests in ways other than just owning a house.

You can, but if you are going to be spending x00 ukp per month anyway, it may
as well in effect be going on something you are buying, rather than just
lining somone elses pockets.

Guybrush Threepwood

Nov 26, 2003, 6:53:15 AM11/26/03
> House market value [v]: £120,000 (very conservative guess - South London)

That's being VERY conservative. My parents 3 bedroom semi-detached is priced
at £200,000 and that's south east london. For 120,000 you're looking at a
very shitty flat.

Abi

Nov 26, 2003, 8:37:00 AM11/26/03
"TitaniumWulf" <w...@ukc.ac.uk> wrote in message news:<bpv56d$ejq$1...@athena.ukc.ac.uk>...

> > Not me, I left for the Big Smoke as soon as I could. Couldn't *wait*
> > to get out of Canterbury. Small place, nothing to do and little job
> > prospects. Boooring.
>
> London - been there done that. Not really fussed where
> I live, as long as I am there for the right reasons.

I think it was Wyverex who was saying that it's all relative as to
where you've lived before. I came from a very small village
originally, but after living in two major European cities I felt
confident enough to move to London. And I pay less rent than my ex
does in Canterbury.

> > Ok Canterbury's a nice place blah blah blah but....
> > there's so much more to the world than Canterbury.
>
> And London :)

And I totally agree. I've done Winchester, Paris, Canterbury,
Amsterdam and London. I'm working my way around.

Abi

Abi

Nov 26, 2003, 8:42:07 AM11/26/03
> Wyverex, also a july graduate, but stuck at home now

I totally understand how you feel. Plenty of my friends feel that way.
I graduated in July as well, but I'd spent the previous months before
that (after exams) interning at various art galleries and big auction
houses in London. It's a good way of sneaking into the job market,
getting known and finding out what kind of job you want to do. Once I
had the backing of some serious work experience behind me, it was
easier to stay in London and get a decent job. I couldn't have abided
to move to my parents house down in deep dark somerset. It was London
or nothing.

Abi

oi ref!

Nov 26, 2003, 10:15:55 AM11/26/03
> But that said, what sort of jobs are
> you looking for?

Journalism - but not newspapers.

>Oh, and what degree did you get?

A high 2.1.

Wyverex

Nov 26, 2003, 4:30:02 PM11/26/03
> Journalism - but not newspapers.

Damn (realted to english)

> >Oh, and what degree did you get?
> A high 2.1.

Double damn (not a 2.1)
I'm guessing it was in english or something? (I'll kill someone if i find
out they did a journalsim one at ukc and i didn't know when i wanted to
change my course)

Wyverex

Nov 26, 2003, 4:30:55 PM11/26/03
> And I totally agree. I've done Winchester, Paris, Canterbury,
> Amsterdam and London. I'm working my way around.

Great, so doing canterbury and suffolk isn't very wide reaching then? ;o)

Wyverex

Nov 26, 2003, 4:34:27 PM11/26/03
> That's being VERY conservative. My parents 3 bedroom semi-detached is
priced
> at £200,000 and that's south east london. For 120,000 you're looking at a
> very shitty flat.

Thats what i was thinking. My bf's parents' home in SE london is just a 3
room (well, the third being a broomcloset!) terrace and the one right next
door was 250,000!

That said, i suppose it's a good indication of my home when i think i'm
sitting in my family's 4 bedroom detached, nice estate with a farmer's field
and forestry just behind it and it's only about 160,000 in comparison.
That's the middle of no where i guess.

slyph

Nov 26, 2003, 11:21:09 PM11/26/03
> Its different for everyone but, the question is, after making Canterbury
your
> home for 3 years, where are you supposed to go? Many go back home to their
> family, or atleast their hometown. For me thats not an opption. So if not
> there, where should you go? You can head to the big smoke, for stress and
car
> fumes and a prohibitve cost of living, or, you can head to some small town

I think thats a bit shortsighted dont you? You're basically suggesting that
there is nowhere around here other than Cantebury, London and the occasional
bemused sheep. Whilst it may be a toss-up between the three for you, there
is a whole nation to explore for most people with an atlas.

Ducttape

Nov 27, 2003, 3:28:44 AM11/27/03
slyph <pd...@ukc.ac.uk> wrote:
> I think thats a bit shortsighted dont you? You're basically suggesting that
> there is nowhere around here other than Cantebury, London and the occasional
> bemused sheep. Whilst it may be a toss-up between the three for you, there
> is a whole nation to explore for most people with an atlas.

Oh agreed, but what I am saying is, that if you move to somewhere else, you
aren't going to know anyone, your going to be starting again, etc...

Beer Monster

Nov 27, 2003, 8:09:49 AM11/27/03
Abi wrote ...
> TitaniumWulf wrote ...
> > Abi wrote ...

> > > Not me, I left for the Big Smoke as soon as I could.

I used to hate the thought of living in London (because of the
expense), but as time ebbs on it's becoming a more entertaining idea.

> > London - been there done that. Not really fussed where
> > I live, as long as I am there for the right reasons.
>
> I think it was Wyverex who was saying that it's all relative as to
> where you've lived before.

Southampton born and bred me. Anyone got a striker they don't want?
The phrase "couldn't hit a barn door from six yards" couldn't be more
applicable for us at the mo.

> And I pay less rent than my ex does in Canterbury.

Any reason to give him a slap eh?

> > > Ok Canterbury's a nice place blah blah blah but....

Salisbury's better and has a great nightlife. Shame I can't afford a
house there.

> > > there's so much more to the world than Canterbury.
> >
> > And London :)

And even Southampton. I'd love to open a restaurant/bar in Malta,
ideal climate, cheap beer....but then a much better place might be
waiting for me next year...

> And I totally agree. I've done Winchester, Paris, Canterbury,
> Amsterdam and London. I'm working my way around.

Do Dublin next, I love Ireland. It's so nice and I felt right at home
with even the women swearing as if there was no tomorrow.

Bill

TitaniumWulf

Nov 27, 2003, 8:35:08 AM11/27/03
> And I totally agree. I've done Winchester, Paris, Canterbury,
> Amsterdam and London. I'm working my way around.

London, Dhaka, Damascus, Tel Aviv, Zagreb, Rangoon, Berlin,
Peking, Oslo, Algeria, Colombo, Doha, Bonn, Geneva, Jakarta,
and erm, Canterbury :)

Those were the days...

Wyatt

NIMROD

Nov 27, 2003, 10:45:29 AM11/27/03
> Oh agreed, but what I am saying is, that if you move to somewhere else,
you
> aren't going to know anyone, your going to be starting again, etc...

what if you know ppl there?

bit fucking stupid aren't you?

ptc1

Nov 27, 2003, 3:47:57 PM11/27/03

Nim, why are you such a cockmeister?

- Phil

Brendan

Nov 27, 2003, 4:09:40 PM11/27/03

> Fox <zen_no_30718_spam_@_no_zen_spam_.co.uk> wrote:
> > And if you end up in negative equity that is even less sound. You can
build
> > up capital and assests in ways other than just owning a house.
>
> You can, but if you are going to be spending x00 ukp per month anyway, it
may
> as well in effect be going on something you are buying, rather than just
> lining somone elses pockets.

Just this once, the Fox fella' is quite right. You might actually end up
with considerably more debt and no more ownership than you started with.
The whole point of negative equity is that you're not getting any closer to
ownership. In fact, you're getting further away.

Brendan

Brendan

Nov 27, 2003, 4:10:50 PM11/27/03

> > And I totally agree. I've done Winchester, Paris, Canterbury,
> > Amsterdam and London. I'm working my way around.
>
> London, Dhaka, Damascus, Tel Aviv, Zagreb, Rangoon, Berlin,
> Peking, Oslo, Algeria, Colombo, Doha, Bonn, Geneva, Jakarta,
> and erm, Canterbury :)

Did you go anywhere outside of Kent?

Brendan

Brendan

Nov 27, 2003, 4:12:07 PM11/27/03
"Guybrush Threepwood" <mj...@kent.ac.uk> wrote in message

I know, it's a gorgeous place. One of our neighbouring houses in on the
market for over £250K, and I suspect that's only actually for the downstairs
flat.

We've got a large back garden, three huge double rooms and a gorgous pine
floored living room. Mmm.

Brendan

Daniel Bennett

Nov 27, 2003, 5:48:56 PM11/27/03

> > And I totally agree. I've done Winchester, Paris, Canterbury,
> > Amsterdam and London. I'm working my way around.
>
> Great, so doing canterbury and suffolk isn't very wide reaching then? ;o)

Nah Steve D and another of friends were from Suffolk, its so Cliche ;-)

Daniel

Wyverex

Nov 27, 2003, 7:18:50 PM11/27/03
> Nah Steve D and another of friends were from Suffolk, its so Cliche ;-)

damn.

Wow, seems to be alot of people at ukc from here. Poor people

NIMROD

Nov 28, 2003, 1:04:29 PM11/28/03
> Nim, why are you such a cockmeister?

why?

Gaz

Nov 28, 2003, 9:11:41 PM11/28/03

> Wow, seems to be alot of people at ukc from here. Poor people

Yeah, especially if they had to come from near you too ;o)

Tehehe

Gaz - hopefully has to make up for that comment

Wyverex

Nov 29, 2003, 6:08:23 PM11/29/03
> Gaz - hopefully has to make up for that comment

lol, we'll see if i'd rather just torture you instead.

Gaz

Nov 29, 2003, 8:45:17 PM11/29/03
> > Gaz - hopefully has to make up for that comment
>
> lol, we'll see if i'd rather just torture you instead.

Hell, I can be up for that too ;o)

Gaz - looks in his diary again to see when she was due to come down.

Fox

Nov 30, 2003, 3:07:40 PM11/30/03
"Brendan" <bre...@primatenospamdesign.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Guybrush Threepwood" <mj...@kent.ac.uk> wrote in message
> > > House market value [v]: £120,000 (very conservative guess - South
> London)
> >
> > That's being VERY conservative. My parents 3 bedroom semi-detached is
> priced
> > at £200,000 and that's south east london. For 120,000 you're looking at
> > very shitty flat.

That is probably still conservative! My parents house is probably worth
350K-400K now and thats in the east end shit hole of London.

However down 'ere in Hampshire we have spotted a nice 160K 3 bedroom
semi....

Fox

Fox

Nov 30, 2003, 3:08:53 PM11/30/03

> "Ducttape" <di...@ukc.ac.uk> wrote in message
> > Fox <zen_no_30718_spam_@_no_zen_spam_.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > I am a god.

> Just this once, the Fox fella' is quite right.

Why thank you sir.

Fox

Wyverex

Nov 30, 2003, 5:23:46 PM11/30/03
> Hell, I can be up for that too ;o)

Brilliant! I can finally get some use out of those handcuffs, whip and
corset i borrowed from ducttape ages ago...... ;o)

> Gaz - looks in his diary again to see when she was due to come down.

Oh i'll be coming down.............to london of course, to see you ;o)

nim

Nov 30, 2003, 5:39:55 PM11/30/03
> Why thank you sir.

he just wants your load