Eugene, Oregon

瀏覽次數:5 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Germ

未讀,
1996年6月8日 凌晨3:00:001996/6/8
收件者:

Oregonians, can you help me with some good restaurant tips in the
Eugene area. Not picky. Just want good food at reasonable prices.
Have a soft spot in my heart for Thai, Italian and good old American.
Thanks in advace.

Rob

未讀,
1996年6月8日 凌晨3:00:001996/6/8
收件者:
I'm very partial to the Chinese place - Lai Lai, on Franklin near U of O.
Their Mai Fun is very good. Portions are large.

Place to avoid - Oriental Village on West 11th. One sauce and everything
is loaded with ton's of celery.

N7CHS

未讀,
1996年6月9日 凌晨3:00:001996/6/9
收件者:

In article <4pb549$6...@nuhou.aloha.net>, Ge...@aloha.net (Germ) writes:

>Oregonians, can you help me with some good restaurant tips in the
>Eugene area. Not picky. Just want good food at reasonable prices.
>Have a soft spot in my heart for Thai, Italian and good old American.
>Thanks in advace.

Abby's Pizza

Chuck Berry
n7chs/4

S. Smetana

未讀,
1996年6月9日 凌晨3:00:001996/6/9
收件者:

Rob wrote:

> In article <4pb549$6...@nuhou.aloha.net>, Ge...@aloha.net (Germ) wrote:
> >Oregonians, can you help me with some good restaurant tips in the
> >Eugene area. Not picky. Just want good food at reasonable prices.
> >Have a soft spot in my heart for Thai, Italian and good old American.
> >Thanks in advace.
> >
> I'm very partial to the Chinese place - Lai Lai, on Franklin near U of O.
> Their Mai Fun is very good. Portions are large.
>
> Place to avoid - Oriental Village on West 11th. One sauce and everything
> is loaded with ton's of celery.

My favorite Thai place is Mekela's in Fifth Street Market. They make a
*great* peanut sauce!

SgtVendo

未讀,
1996年6月22日 凌晨3:00:001996/6/22
收件者:

In article <4pb549$6...@nuhou.aloha.net>, Ge...@aloha.net (Germ) writes:

>Oregonians, can you help me with some good restaurant tips in the
>Eugene area. Not picky. Just want good food at reasonable prices.
>Have a soft spot in my heart for Thai, Italian and good old American.
>Thanks in advace.

It may be a little pricey, but whenever I've visited Eugene, I've always
had great Italian food at Ambrosia on Broadway.

strc...@geneseo.net

未讀,
1996年6月25日 凌晨3:00:001996/6/25
收件者:

In article <4qg0or$3...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, sgtv...@aol.com (SgtVendo)
wrote:

Best Thai food in Eugene is at Loc Thau in the Fifth Street Public Market.
(Very hot, though!)
For Italian, you want to go to Mozzy's, over on 30th Avenue.
Ambrosia is also excellent, although it's not reasonably priced; you can't
get out of there for less than 50 bucks.
Best steak in Eugene is at The Electric Station on Fifth Avenue

sonny hays-eberts

未讀,
1996年6月27日 凌晨3:00:001996/6/27
收件者:
In article <strcuryr-240...@ppp01.geneseo.net>,
strc...@geneseo.net wrote:

> In article <4qg0or$3...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, sgtv...@aol.com (SgtVendo)
> wrote:
>
> > In article <4pb549$6...@nuhou.aloha.net>, Ge...@aloha.net (Germ) writes:
> >
> > >Oregonians, can you help me with some good restaurant tips in the
> > >Eugene area. Not picky. Just want good food at reasonable prices.
> > >Have a soft spot in my heart for Thai, Italian and good old American.
> > >Thanks in advace.
> >
> > It may be a little pricey, but whenever I've visited Eugene, I've always
> > had great Italian food at Ambrosia on Broadway.
>
> Best Thai food in Eugene is at Loc Thau in the Fifth Street Public Market.
> (Very hot, though!)

the thai resturaunt in 5th street is mekalas. springfield has kuryas, and
the baan thai on 6th (the site of tom's second tea house) folded. most any
other asian restuarnt in eugene is chinese american.

> For Italian, you want to go to Mozzy's, over on 30th Avenue.

mazzi's is ok. so is tinos. neither is excellent.

> Ambrosia is also excellent, although it's not reasonably priced; you can't
> get out of there for less than 50 bucks.

huh? most entrees range from $12 to $18. if you can't get out of there for
under $50 per person, you're eating *and* drinking well. soriah's, the
xenon, ambrosia, chez willies and the excelsior exemplify all eugene
offers on the upscale, and none are outrageous.

> Best steak in Eugene is at The Electric Station on Fifth Avenue

the electric station has gone steadily downhill over the last few years.
oh for the days of leah's wine and company. the sixth street grill used to
do great steaks, haven't been in a while. you still can't beat the ny
steaks at costco and a grill at home. :) have never, ever tried black
angus, but heard good stuff about it.

best mexican - la tiendietos 'taco loco'. hilda's rates (peanut
butter-feta sauce chicken. mmmmm.... but there are precious few decent
eateries here anymore. was far better 10 years ago.

for american - jamies hamburgers on hilyard or 18th/chambers.

--
"What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure."
-- Samuel Johnson

sonny hays-eberts
ebe...@oregon.uoregon.edu

JR

未讀,
1996年7月2日 凌晨3:00:001996/7/2
收件者:

In article <4pb549$6...@nuhou.aloha.net>, Ge...@aloha.net (Germ) writes:
>Oregonians, can you help me with some good restaurant tips in the
>Eugene area. Not picky. Just want good food at reasonable prices.
>Have a soft spot in my heart for Thai, Italian and good old American.
Eugene? Zoo Zoo's. Gotstagoto Zoo Zoo's. Mmmmmmm.

0 則新訊息