LIFE IN HAWAII SUCKS?

alohabiberian

Dec 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/27/98
As official moderator of ACH, I have been authorized to cite you for a
violation of the alohacyberian act. The Alohacyberian Act states that
stupid, racist remarks are punishable by the injection of a computer virus
into your hard drive. You are a moron and I hope that wherever you go,
people continue to beat the shit out of your halfbreed ass. Thank god you
left Hawaii and god pray you never come back

A pox on your house.

ne...@tfs.net

Dec 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/28/98
Hawaii (HONOLULU) SUCKS?

Please, I would like to hear the opinions of others that have also lived in
the state of Hawaii and especially HONOLULU. I want to know if I am the
only one who had unusual difficulties while living there for over a year.
Most people in the mainland (US) don't believe what I tell them about the
experiences I had while living there. They think it is some kind of
paradise! I am not trying to put a bad name on the state of Hawaii, I just
want to find answers, or know what was behind the events of years (1993-94)
in Honolulu. I keep thinking why did I not have a better time. Everyone
talks about how great it must have been to live there. I still feel
strongly that I would never want to visit that place again. I still think
about It sometimes and realize it was one of the most bizarre places I have
lived and somehow the experience was enriching, and exciting. Like that of
an initiation through hell. I lived downtown near K***I plaza and out east
Portlock. and also several months in Manoa valley(The worst) and Waikiki. I
originally moved to OAHU HAWAII to go to university and after the most
horrible year of my life I decided to leave. SOME EXAMPLES of what I saw in
one year: 1- twice people have tried to kill me, once with a hammer in a
fight. ( I have never been in fights TO THE DEATH before this) (I have
never gotten in fights while living in London , Los Angeles, Singapore,
Tokyo, St. Louis, Phoenix, or any other time outside of a boxing ring) I am
not a violent person. 2- burglary at my apartment(never happened anywhere
else) 3-actually heard gunfire in an attempt to kill, (never heard that
before or after HAWAII)no, this is not the sound of the nearby military
gunnery range. A real killer in the streets shooting to KILL. Hello game
warden, bring me some toe tags, and body bags. 4-several murdered dead
bodies turn up at condo complex nearby 5-not all but many haole people seemed
very violent and nasty. (my experience is that the most violent are the
white people, Chinese and Japanese. The blacks are less violent and I never
got into fights or had any problems with the local Hawaiians. ) This seems
strange because, I am what you would call a hapa, or of mixed white and
Asian ancestry. From this information you would conclude that I should fit
right in. You would think that I would get along better with people there
because most in Hawaii are hapa, white, or Asian. What a disappointment.
These are generalities and there are exceptions because I did have friends
who were white, black , and Asian, and I might not be alive today without
their help. Thank you to my friends in combat J.F., A.B., and Ch. and
others, you know who you are. It seems strange that I never had these
problems in other cities I have lived even if I was a racial minority. And
when I say nasty I mean fighting style. I mean waiting somewhere to
surprise attack you. If some shit-kicker wants to kick your ass don't you
want to have at least some idea that someone is after you. It is this
street understanding that I learned in Hawaii. Like a gut feeling. This is
what kept me out of the hospital. I always would make walking away the
priority. And if you defend yourself and fight back, they come back stronger
the next day. Like three on one. As I said earlier, I'm not afraid to admit
the I could have been killed several times and am lucky to be alive. Some
people are not so lucky. Fact, 75% of people that have lived in Hawaii
probably know someone that has been beaten up bad, and they were not
prepared. I can count several. Don't go into any bars alone. And expect the
unexpected. Example, most of the people I knew have been injured outside
of or in night club type bars, and almost never do fights occur in strip
bars. In contrary a strip joint is the only indoor place where I got into a
fight. All the other times I was attacked outside in the streets with out
provocation. Sometimes they use tools or metal objects and try to knock you
out before you know what hit you. Additionally the homeless population is
large and the most angry I have ever seen. They beg and yell and follow you
with anger. Much more irritating than in Los Angeles, or other major cities.
The nastiness is all over the place. I don't know why. The poor economy must
have been the culprit. I arrived TEN minutes late to meet a real-estate
agent and look at a condo for sale. I don't know the area and got stuck in
traffic. Well The agent gave the ALOHA SCOWL face to me and yelled
"FUCK......" while driving away burning rubber. No agents are as rude as
the ones in Hawaii. 6 out of 10 will give you the rude mask called the
ALOHA SCOWL. How do you do it. Simple make a rude face after sucking on a
lime. Then you must think in a stressful way, to make your face the color of
kim chee. No wonder some agents do really well and others do poorly. The
ones that are very successful do not have the SCOWL. 6-saw too many mentally
ill or aggravated people. example, always mental cases on busses, once a
lady that was trying to lick everyone's ear on the bus. She went around
singing and sticking her tongue out. She then tried to lick peoples ears and
each person would try to look away and ignore or push her away. Then the
fat Hawaiian driver just sat there and periodically pushed her away as she
came at him with her tongue. It was bizarre. One woman pushed away too late
and I hope her ear didn't get slobbered on. I just laughed the whole time.
Where else do you get such entertainment. Strange that no one else was
laughing at such a funny sight. One time a man was wandering around the bus
asking total strangers if he should commit suicide. Everyone just ignored or
looked away. He was loud and screaming. when he came up to me I said,"
yeah, do it,..go kill your self ". I mean he was really irritating, and this
was 8:00 AM. Only one other man answered him saying "hey, don't be so hard on
yourself". This turned out to be a coworker from the same military base.
From the conversation I found out that the suicidal dude was actually not
crazy? He was being sued by a female boss who claimed sexual harassment which
had never taken place and did so for career advancement. Anyway that's
what was said. My point is that so many people are frustrated, and stressed
that they just go crazy and with of all the mentally ill people mixed in, it
probably looks worse than it actually is. Later on I started driving to
class everyday, and you don't want to know what the parking expense was. I
could go on and on and on......... but let me tell you about the housing.
Once I lived in a hotel for several months in Waikiki and was given a room
with a VIEW. The view turned out to be an apartment right across and close
to my window. Every weekend a man there would beat this woman, sometimes
bloody. It was a nasty sight and sound. I complained to the management
about my VIEW and they just gave me a $50 discount on each months rent. Oh
well. I proceeded to check out a place that was for rent and it turned out
that the previous occupant had such bad body odor that the smell soaked into
everything. Well it turns out that his dead body had decomposed in the
room too. They used strong chemicals to completely remove the odor of the
corpse but the preceding body odor was so strong that it overcame BOTH the
odor of a rotting corpse AND strong cleaning chemicals!!! I verified this
information with the neighbors and they in fact could smell the odor in the
room just as they could smell it in their neighboring houses before. It was
THAT strong. No way,..... so I rented another place, and after I lived there
a while I noticed that two scary looking characters kept knocking on my
door looking for "Don". I always told them I did not know who "Don" was.
Every week they returned and asked the same questions and mentioned how they
like to hunt. They would always brandish guns and in a strange way they would
pull the magazines in and out of their pistols. click click click.... ... it
went. Every week the same thing. knock knock "where is Don" click click
click "we like hunting" "yeah wee doooo" click click click. Me with my hand
behind the door holding a loaded glock pistol. I had never touched guns
before, and never knew anything about them until I moved to Hawaii. I got
one because of a more dangerous situation earlier and it seems almost funny
that I kept having uses for it. Thank Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed or whatever
that I never had to pull the trigger. What am I supposed to do, call the
police? I mean when I say "go away don't come back" some people don't
listen. One piece of wisdom I learned In Hawaii is that before you buy a
property you have to really check out what goes on around it for several days
at least. 7- so many of the women there have been abused or raped. I would
get depressed when I would be in a relationship because This issue always
came up. It is like every woman I dated there, was either sexually abused
as a child or was traumatized from being raped in the past. Maybe lots of
people go to Hawaii in order to escape their past. This might explain the
huge homosexual population in Hawaii. They could have wanted to escape
gaybashing on the mainland US. It seems obvious that Hawaii is about as far
as you can get from the US mainland without leaving the country. I would
never want my sister or mother to live there if it is that dangerous for
women. I wonder what the actual statistics are for rape, murder and stuff
like that. I want real statistics and see if they support my observations.
When someone you know has their head blown off by shotgun blast on the H1
freeway, you start to wonder. When these kinds of things happen over and
over and people start to drop like flies near a bug zapper you stop
wondering. 8-so many people get frustrated and leave after about one year.
Strange that in my class so many students came to Hawaii to study and always
ended up in depressed. Why? I never asked anyone why. It just seemed
strange that so many students did this. Even people that were not students,
often got into a depressed state and left soon. Is it because they had
inflated expectations of paradise? I have attended several other
universities as an undergrad in different states, and never saw this
phenomenon. Conclusion: This is just a small sample of what I experienced in
the land of Aloha. This stuff happened every day. It seems that the native
Hawaiians could have a spell cast to cause bad luck to people who move to
Hawaii, It seems that the spell only works against people who intend to
stay and does not effect tourists or those intending to stay for a short
time. People that move there often have bad things happen to them. I don't
know why. If you are local Hawaiian please tell me what you think of this
hypothesis. I am not putting the blame on locals because most confrontations
seemed to be haole against haole. Many girls were raped and or guys beaten
bloody by other haoles. So I'm keeping a broad view of possible causes.
Anyone or thing could be the cause. It might be suggested that I was the
cause of the trouble. Not likely. I never left the door to my apartment
open or unlocked, and I never went around starting trouble with people. In
addition If I was the problem, than how could everything work well before I
came to Hawaii and everything get better LUCKIER after I left Hawaii. This
puzzles me. One truth is that if you change yourself everything will change
for you. If you can find out what controls luck and fortune you could make
everything work well your life. I wonder if the Hawaiian spiritual tradition
and obeying KAPUs result in real energy forces. Do this and you get bad
luck, or do that and get favor from the gods. Could you control bad and good
outcome. It seems that a few people are very lucky moving to and staying in
Hawaii. They must have the favor of the Hawaiian gods, energy or whatever
science could call it. The other majority seems to have had bad experiences
or like me, just lots of strange bizarre situations and nothing working out
well. I consider that I am lucky that I got out of there with minor scrapes.
I always thought about fighting and defending myself. How can you love
your fellow people with thoughts like that. I say this because you might
suggest that bad things happen everywhere. Well not ALL THE TIME. For
example I have never had a bad experience in Tucson, Arizona and yet this
city has its poverty, crime and other problems that most cities have.
Request: If you have lived in Hawaii tell me something about your
experiences so I can see how they compare. I don't want to hear from
tourists. Tourists do not know what really goes on there. Everybody and
their grandmother has been there on a tourist visit, and most enjoy it.
What I have mentioned is only the tip of the iceberg. My experiences go far
beyond these, from murders on movie sets to mansions full of whores and
snakes. Most of the things are too wild to be mentioned in a public
medium, and other things have been omitted due to connections with the
occult. I will not deal in or discuss in occult areas other than native
Hawaiian beliefs. I am collecting the information of experiences of others
and hope to complete a research project or book on the subject. To those
that think I am insulting Hawaii, sorry you are wrong. I am telling you
like it was. If I wanted to go off on the Islands I could have easily
mentioned loads of more appropriate information. For example, the fact that
the university and the politics involved is full of corruption. I keep
hearing about this from locals and ex-haoles alike. I would disagree,
because I have a far more positive view of Hawaii. The prime objective is
the understanding of what went on there and why these things happen. Fate,
luck and destiny. I consider those many who disappeared to have a voice
worth hearing. After conversations on trains and planes I find many
ex-haoles and they are often reluctant to discuss much about Hawaii. This
is an anonymous way of telling your story. These ex-haole souls are like
veterans of battle. And now let's swap some war stories.

Neil S.
ne...@tfs.net

copyright 1998 by Neil S.

taylor wescoatt

Dec 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/28/98
Wow man, that's quite a story. Kind of like ER or Colors, or
something. You know, where the stories contained are based on actual
events, but they are all thrown in to a compressed timeframe for
dramatic effect? If this this really was experience, I do have an
explanation for it. Your luck sucks, big time.

I'm from there, and I can't wait to get back there. Bus, Kalihi, Manoa,
Clubs, I've done all that, and I don't recall being threatened ever, and
I look pretty haole. I've seen that kind of thing happen, and had it
happen to my friends, but if you don't want to see it, you just don't go
to those places. If you go to those places, MYOB, and don't give
stink-eye (that's the phrase you're missing) to big angry drunk people,
which you must have done.

Shi* happens, and you apparently had a particularly bad run at it. For
my part, I actually don't believe your story. Even if it were true, it
doesn't bother me. The less people that move to Hawaii, the better, I
like it just the way it is.

aloha,

taylor

Alvin E. Toda

Dec 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/28/98
On Mon, 28 Dec 1998 ne...@tfs.net wrote:
> (1993-94)
> in Honolulu. I keep thinking why did I not have a better time. Everyone
> talks about how great it must have been to live there. I still feel
> strongly that I would never want to visit that place again. I still think
> about It sometimes and realize it was one of the most bizarre places I have
> lived and somehow the experience was enriching, and exciting. Like that of
> an initiation through hell. I lived downtown near K***I plaza and out east
> Portlock. and also several months in Manoa valley(The worst) and Waikiki. I
> originally moved to OAHU HAWAII to go to university and after the most

As a short time resident, you were indeed unfortunate in your choice of
housing. I don't understand how the BO apartment you saw, was ever
rentable except that it must have had a rock-bottom rate. I've not
ridden on the bus system for decades, but it seems that it is a good
place to start to control the type of violent crime you saw in general.
People who stick their tongues in other peoples faces don't seem to have
a respect for other people. And doing this in a moving bus, seems to
be worth a ticket of some kind.

It is disturbing that you were so
close to physical assualt so much of the time-- but it seems to me
that alcohol was a major factor. Bars here may not 86 drunk patrons
anymore???? It's time that those laws are enforced. I lived
in the mainland a while ago, and an acquaintance told me that at
the bar where he often went (and still goes), he was arrested by a
policeman in the parking lot (who was called by the owner) when
he tried to drive home drunk. For a while, he was taking the bus
to work. I think the local owners here would be up in arms if the
police were waiting in the parking areas for drunk drivers going home.

--alvin

Alvin E. Toda

Dec 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/28/98
On Sun, 27 Dec 1998, alohabiberian wrote:
> As official moderator of ACH, I have been authorized to cite you for a
> violation of the alohacyberian act. The Alohacyberian Act states that
> stupid, racist remarks are punishable by the injection of a computer virus
> into your hard drive. You are a moron and I hope that wherever you go,
> people continue to beat the shit out of your halfbreed ass. Thank god you

As "moderator" you have a gift for outstanding provocative language,
but aren't you being a little too hard on him???? His experiences seem
real tragic, and almost unbelievable, except I'm sure others will
validate some of what he comments on.

--alvin

sleekie

Dec 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/29/98
I agree with Gino, when there's a shooting, people talk about it for a long
time too.
It seems that this person had a very bad time in Hawaii, but then again,
it's always what you make of it. *shrugs* I've lived in Hawaii all my life,
and lived in various places around the island, the _only_ trouble I've ever
had was walking alone through downtown in the late evening, which was
stupidity on my part.

sl...@hawaii.rr.com

kea...@hotmail.com

Dec 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/29/98
Neil, I can say that the only thing for sure, and it is that YOUR life in
Hawaii sucked, and sucked big time. Maybe a reflection on you or maybe bad
luck, it doesn't really matter now. Life is what you make of it, and in that
aspect you better get your act together before your luck runs out. Maybe you
should offer some homage to Pele too, cuz her wrath knows no state
bounderies. Did you happen to take back some lava with you by chance?

--
"Perhaps it was the result of anxiety?"

et

Dec 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/29/98

ne...@tfs.net wrote in message <7672q8$nqo$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

>Hawaii (HONOLULU) SUCKS?
>
>Please, I would like to hear the opinions of others that have also lived
in
>the state of Hawaii and especially HONOLULU. I want to know if I am the
>only one who had unusual difficulties while living there for over a year.
>. For example, the fact that
>the university and the politics involved is full of corruption

well, the local political scene is definitely Corruption City, no doubt
about that. city and state government is clearly on the payroll of the
unions.

as far as the other stuff- crime, violence and attitudes- i don't know what
drives it all (besides the corruption/economy thing) but i've observed some
things that may help explain the underlying problems:
drugs-- they're everywhere, and not a lot of people care. teen boozing- same
thing. examples: a shopping center called Koko Marina, a rest room and
public phone area by Blockbuster, kids after school buying, snorting and
smoking in the area in broad daylight (3 in the afternoon), while their
supplier hangs out with his big plastic sack full of goodies. queried a
nearby shop keeper, response was 'oh, it was even worse before they chased
all the prostitutes away'.
another ex. : "block parties"-- according to a police source, a group of
young people rent a house in a quiet neighborhood, then after awhile start
having "parties". these aren't little friendly get-together, either- we're
talking about 100 cars worth. kids come from all over, not just local, when
the word is passed. soon the neighbors can't stand it and call the police.
police come and chase the kids away, sometimes two and three times a night.
after awhile the neighborhood couldn't stand it and the parties got stopped
as soon as they started. then the 'renters' would move out and find another
neighborhood to terrorize. got that info from one of the responding police
officers. now here's the kicker- what finally got the neighbors ticked off
was that the "party" wasn't *in* the house, it was 'the neighborhood'. open
beer and booze drinking and dope smoking, and eventually, when mother nature
did her thing, all the neighborhood became one big open-air outhouse. but
when the police came in response to a call (i asked an officer once 'who
called', and he laughed and said "hey, *everybody* called!") what was their
reaction to all the on-street, under-age and usually excessive drinking? "go
somewhere else, kids, the party's over here". so Honolulu's finest gets all
these drunken teenagers loaded into their cars to drive off somewhere else,
with some of the drivers obviously so drunk they can barely get through all
the traffic, beer cans and bottles dropping (and often breaking) on the road
from where they'd been sitting on hoods, roofs and trunks, and then split.
and while the first 40 or 50 cars are making their way out to the main
streets, one can here the squeeling tires, shouts and hollers, and breaking
beer bottles on the streets as these sweet young paragons make their way to
the next orgy. BTW, who do you suppose had to clean up the mess the next
morning(s)? take a wild guess...
in both of these examples the boozers and druggies seemed to be mostly
haole, but not all; and mostly, if not all, pretty well off judging by the
taste in beer and booze and all the new cars and trucks as well as the dress
of most of them. i should mention, in case you are not familiar with the
area, that Koko Marina is near Hawaii Kai.
so everybody knows that crime and all manner of bad things come with illicit
drug and booze use, and the policy of the Honolulu police is- look the other
way, after all, you don't want to jeopardize your career by accidentally
locking up some union boss's kid.
that's our "paradise" !

sandman

Dec 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/29/98
There are a lot of things which contribute to what anyone experiences
anywhere. It is possible to maintain anonymity in Hawaii and, as such,
to experience little of what the original poster suggests.There is the
occasional delusional character on the bus or on the streets as well as
the large and not very negotiable driver who will require that you show
some respect but, if you are willing to do so, it can pass easily
enough. There is crime but have you looked at the mainland stats lately?

Night life often invites things that you wouldn't encounter otherwise
and it seems that many of the things which were mentioned revolved
around this. As for the neighborhoods mentioned, they were a pretty
classy sector of the island overall and this does seem to take from the
credibility a bit. In fact, the whole experience of the place depends so
much on the perceiver. I can describe the whole scene here in different
ways depending on the mood I'm in.

Is there racism in Hawaii? Sure there is. However, there is also Aloha,
a much maligned and overused term which reflects in the underlying
courtesy which people have towards each other even if they aren't always
very pleased to see others who are different from them.The political
scene is weird, once the domain of Hawaiians, overthrown by haoles and
then inherited by orientals. There are still "haoles" who have money and
power here, but they tend to remain more obscure, involved mostly in
business, many retired and living quietly.

Recent "haoles" tend to be of a mixed bag most of which have migrated
this way over the years due to discontentment with wherever they came
from. Some make it into the mainstream and others stay on the periphery.
Hawaiians, meanwhile, tend to be relegated to lesser fortunes and many
wish for a chance to regain the sort of life their ancestors once
knew.The schools here reveal that this is a mainly Asian place, with
Polynesian mixture and some Caucasian influence as well. However, if you
think this place is all "haoles" perhaps "Hawaii 50" is a bit too
ingrained in your memory.

This is an exotic place with it's own customs which many from the U.S.
would not understand, even though this is a state of the union. I have
often seen a newcomer to the islands think that he/she can act as they
have back in, say, New York, only to find out rather harshly that this
is not the way to go here.There is a lot of unfairness in all of this
and much misunderstanding among people yet, there is something
alternative about it if you have imigrated here and stayed a long while
as I have.It is often tempting to leave but not so easy without the
sadness that no other place seems to evoke.

There are a lot of things that could be better about this place and it
would be nice if the conservatism here would yeild sometimes to things
other than just sports, like new ideas based on what we have here,i.e.,
corny as it sounds, an experiment in human relations, a chance to
pattern ourselves after the beauty of this incubator we call home.
Didn't expect to get sentimental here or when I came here either. This
is a special place.

alohacyberian

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98
alohabiberian, your getting very close to breaking the law by these posts;
if I were you I'd seek legal advice before posting these things. I have. KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 2500 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect

alohabiberian <imaje...@mindsprung.com> wrote in article
<#zjfZtjM#GA....@upnetnews02.moswest.msn.net>...

> As official moderator of ACH, I have been authorized to cite you for a
> violation of the alohacyberian act. The Alohacyberian Act states that
> stupid, racist remarks are punishable by the injection of a computer virus
> into your hard drive. You are a moron and I hope that wherever you go,
> people continue to beat the shit out of your halfbreed ass. Thank god you

alohabiberian

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98
Do I detect a threat from the toothless wonder? You are breaking the law by
threatening me.....As you know, in this country we have the right to free
speech...You seem to open your big mouth on any subject under the sun, and I
will take the liberty of expressing my opinion whenever I like.

In a battle of wits, you would do well to place yourself opposite a
chimpanzee, then you might have a chance.

To express my sentiments in two words......Eat me!

alohacyberian

Dec 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/31/98
No, darlin' that was a troll. You're not being threatened, you are
being told the hard-cold facts of life. That your life is so dull you
must feel threatened is your business. To express your opinion is
one thing, to claim someone else has said thing they haven't said
is illegal, both on & off the Usenet. That you have no sense of
identity & must imitate someone else & be dishonest in your
imitations speaks for itself. Speaking of chimpanzees it isn't
difficult to determine your true identity. KM

--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 2500 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect
to CNN news, NBA, the White House, Academy Awards or learn all
about Hawaii, Israel & more: http://home.att.net/~keith.martin/

alohabiberian <imaje...@mindsprung.com> wrote in article

<#jMPVeGN#GA.276@upnetnews03>...

alohabiberian

Dec 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/31/98
You are a liar and a fake. Your family comes from the shallow end of the
gene pool and you are a creep. Need I say more? Rot in hell asshole!

Kokua

Jan 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/1/99

Dear, Neil

I am so sorry that seemed to have had such a rough time while living
in Hawai'i Dear. I can only hope that where ever life has placed you
at now, you are much more happy.

Peace Be With You,
NCH

\ / _\/_
.-'-. //o\ _\/_
_ ___ __ _ --_ / \ _--_ __ __ | __ /o\\
=-=-_=-=-_=-=_=-_= -=======- = =-=_=-=_,-'|"' "'"--|-,_
=- _=-=-_=- _=-= _--=====- _=-=_-_,-" ' |
=- =- =-= =- = - -===- -= - ." " '
!---------------------------------------------------------!
! ko...@mindspring.com - http://kokua.home.mindspring.com !
! ICQ:5660258 - AOL Messenger:Nora770 - HTTPSRV:use ip !
! DALNet #timewarp - http://timewarp.home.mindspring.com !
!---------------------------------------------------------!

On Mon, 28 Dec 1998 04:52:24 GMT, ne...@tfs.net wrote:
>Hawaii (HONOLULU) SUCKS?

misc. stuff removed!

alohacyberian

Jan 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/1/99
Such high-minded intellect! Thise words of wisdom really
demonstrate your keen wit & hidden genius! At last, somone
is paying attention to me! KM

--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 2500 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect
to CNN news, NBA, the White House, Academy Awards or learn all
about Hawaii, Israel & more: http://home.att.net/~keith.martin/

copy cat<imaje...@mindsprung.com> wrote in article <#9Xr1oRN#GA.185@upnetnews05>...

george

Jan 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/3/99
Some things are good in Hawaii, some things are bad. Some things I managed
to solve, some things I still have to.

About the lackluster, futureless economy - just ignore it. You step over
it, get on the Net, and deal with the Mainland directly, bypassing the
local economy altogether. Works like a charm for me. With the nice moolah I
make from there, Hawaii suddenly looks a lot less futureless :)

About corruption - yeah, plenty of it. Solution: don't expose yourself for
a target. If you don't own a house or a car they cannot kill you with sky
high taxes, fake citations, and the rest. Step over it, again. (If you
can.... I do)

The only thing that remains a major problem for me - overzealous dorks
limiting my freedom "for my own good". Read: laws against gambling,
prostitution, gays, you name it, whatever the Bible (or Koran?...same deal)
doesn't condone. This *does* suck high and mighty. Legislators, could you
please stop trampling my civil liberties? Thank you.
(I'm still optimistic, though, that I might achieve my cherished freedom
without having to move away. Time will tell.)

Other than this, I walked through Chinatown at midnight on my way home
every day for a year, and no one attacked me. Everyone was *real* polite.
The fact that I'm 6'1 have most probably something to do with it, though...
:-)

Keoki