ANTI-WAR CONCERT WITH DALARAS, BREGOVIC IN THESSALONIKI

Agamemnon-Skopianosfaktis

Apr 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/2/99
ANTI-WAR CONCERT WITH DALARAS, BREGOVIC IN THESSALONIKI

MPA Thessaloniki, April 2, 1999

An anti-war concert will be held in Thessaloniki this
evening, featuring the participation of some of the best musicians
the region can offer, and thousands are expected to flood the
city's Aristotle Square.
Goran Bregovic, George Dalaras, Stavros Kouyioumtzis and a
score of others
from Albania, Bulgaria and FYROM will sing for peace in the
Balkans, while the concert will be broadcast live by ET-3 and
Belgrade's State Television.
The event is organized by the Thessaloniki Residents
Initiative, which has expressed its solidarity to the war victims,
regardless of nationality and religion.

Uncle Sam

Apr 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/2/99
Hopefully the Americans won't decide to become ethnic-cleansers like their
Serbian counterparts and drop a few big ones on the gathering. That would
be awful to treat the people of Yugoslavia in the same manner as they are
treating the Kosovars.

Regards,
U. Sam

Agamemnon-Skopianosfaktis wrote in message
<7e3ai9$mdb$1...@apple.news.easynet.net>...

Uncle Sam

Apr 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/2/99

Uncle Sam

Apr 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/2/99

Uncle Sam

Apr 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/2/99

Afterburner

Apr 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/3/99
You mean like Mai Lai, Nam?
How a yankee moron calls genocide? "Humanitarian bombing"

Uncle Sam <Uncl...@usa.net> wrote in

Afterburner

Apr 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/3/99
You mean like they did with the Indians?

Uncle Sam <Uncl...@usa.net> wrote in

Roger Davies

Apr 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/3/99
Thessaloniki is in Greece not Serbia

Michael Hodges

Apr 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/6/99
In article <WjgO2.705$qx1....@storm.twcol.com>,
Uncle Sam <Uncl...@usa.net> wrote:

>Hopefully the Americans won't decide to become ethnic-cleansers like their
>Serbian counterparts and drop a few big ones on the gathering. That would
>be awful to treat the people of Yugoslavia in the same manner as they are
>treating the Kosovars.
>
>Regards,
>U. Sam

[snip]

The U.S.-Americans have been ethnic cleasners for centuries sir. Go ahead and
ask the American Indians about the ethnic cleansing that was done to them by
the people of this country. They almost exterminated them and what few are left
live on givernment reservations here and there. Let's not forget other
atrocities committed by the supposed "good U.S.-Americans" although maybe not
ethnic cleansing. There was the exploitation and enslavment of the blacks
for hundreds of years as well as the exploitation of immigrants (which still
exists today) who came to this country and worked for dirt-cheap labor rates in
poor working conditions (i.e. sweatshops). Let's not forget the Gulf war in
1991 when the U.S killed who knows how many Iraqs and who knows how many
now recently. Mind you, that Kuwait did belong to Iraq until it was taken away
for obvious reasons (the oil). Witness now, the atrocities or ethnic cleansing
of the U.S.-Americans on the Serbs. They are trying to eradicate them now,
undert the name of helping the poor Albanians. Don't think that I support the
Serbs beause they are no angels but neither are the Albanians-they too share
fault in this problem. However, the media is so anti-Serbian that they try to
portray the Serbs as the guilty party and the Albanians as some innocent
civilians. Don't portray the U.S-Americans as some innocent party, they are
far from it.

sp...@erols.com

Apr 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/6/99

Michael Hodges wrote:

> In article <WjgO2.705$qx1....@storm.twcol.com>,
> Uncle Sam <Uncl...@usa.net> wrote:
>
> >Hopefully the Americans won't decide to become ethnic-cleansers like their
> >Serbian counterparts and drop a few big ones on the gathering. That would
> >be awful to treat the people of Yugoslavia in the same manner as they are
> >treating the Kosovars.
> >
> >Regards,
> >U. Sam
>
> [snip]
>
> The U.S.-Americans have been ethnic cleasners for centuries sir.

Then you will wish immediately to renounce your citizenship for another to which
you are entitled such as a presumably more democratic society like Bulgaria or
Greece.

> Go ahead and
> ask the American Indians about the ethnic cleansing that was done to them by
> the people of this country.

Are you implying that this happened yesterday, and the United States has not since
evolved into a more democratic country.

> They almost exterminated them and what few are left
> live on givernment reservations here and there.

Well, some of them live in Washington, D.C. Amazing how patriotic some of them can
be, too. And humanitarian in outlook!
:))))))))))))))))))))))))

> Let's not forget other
> atrocities committed by the supposed "good U.S.-Americans" although maybe not
> ethnic cleansing. There was the exploitation and enslavment of the blacks
> for hundreds of years

That's why America has a civil war! :)))))))) And guess who won?! :)))))))))

> as well as the exploitation of immigrants (which still
> exists today) who came to this country and worked for dirt-cheap labor rates in
> poor working conditions (i.e. sweatshops).

and is it not amazing how many of those immigrants came willingly and made such a
success of themselves! :)))))))))))

> Let's not forget the Gulf war in
> 1991 when the U.S killed who knows how many Iraqs and who knows how many
> now recently. Mind you, that Kuwait did belong to Iraq until it was taken away
> for obvious reasons (the oil). Witness now,

Hmm, would you like to tell us when and for how long did Kuwait belong to Iraq?

> the atrocities or ethnic cleansing
> of the U.S.-Americans on the Serbs.

I am totally against the bombing and can armchair discuss what I would have done
instead in place of NATO policy but excuse me for a moment and discuss yourself how
many Serbs have been detained by American or any other NATO country police forces
for "informative talks" in which said Serbs were beaten up, how many police have
broken into the homes of Serbs and trashed their furniture looking for weapons, how
many of our police have burned and raised Serbian homes and crops? How many of our
police have forced Serbs to move form their houses to another country via packed
railroad cars by gunpoint, and how many of our police have deprived Serbs of their
identity and other papers?

SOMETHING had to be done although bombing and the generalizing denigration of the
whole Serbian people as evil was not the answer. THe phrase "nothing left ot lose"
comes to mind

> They are trying to eradicate them now,
> undert the name of helping the poor Albanians.

How many Serb civilians have been targeted? I think it would be fairer ot say that
they are trying to lower their lifestyles and standard of living, i.e. wreck their
economy. This is apparent in both the sanctions since the Bosnian War outer and
inner levels inclusive, and the bombing targets chosen to date.

> Don't think that I support the
> Serbs beause they are no angels but neither are the Albanians-they too share
> fault in this problem. However, the media is so anti-Serbian that they try to
> portray the Serbs as the guilty party and the Albanians as some innocent
> civilians. Don't portray the U.S-Americans as some innocent party, they are
> far from it.

That i will agree with, although one has to consider the relative level of
egregiousness in each individual antihuman activity and who specifically, not
generally, should be held responsible for the same within an appropriate context.
I.e., FRY acts , which should not be mischaracterized as "Serbian" acts, are not
aggression or innocence equivalent to the acts of "Albanians" by whom I hope you do
not characterize the whole Albanian people, nor are either of these innocence
equivalent to U.S. Americans acts, even within the context of NATO acts, which i
presume you meant as NATO acts cannot be confused with American" ones. But you
seem to almost purposefully confuse these differences.

With love for all,

Galina

Michael Hodges

Apr 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/7/99
In article <370A7C4C...@erols.com>, <sp...@erols.com> wrote:

>The U.S.-Americans have been ethnic cleansers for centuries.

>Then you will wish immediately to renounce your citizenship for another to which
>you are entitled such as a presumably more democratic society like Bulgaria or
>Greece.

What type of stupid response is this? I am merely stating that the people in
this country are not angels either. You're sarcastic tone throughout most
of the message is not appropriate but I don't care, I'll answer it anyway.

>> Go ahead and
>> ask the American Indians about the ethnic cleansing that was done to them by
>> the people of this country.
>
>Are you implying that this happened yesterday, and the United States has not since
>evolved into a more democratic country.

Let's see Galina, refer back to your history books if you've become a little
dull on this topic. As for evolving into a more democratic society, maybe.
Of course, Waco saw just how democratic this society has evolved into. The
U.S. government that killed its own people. Let's not forget Ruby Ridge either.
Perhaps, we've made small strides.

>> They almost exterminated them and what few are left live on givernment
>>reservations here and there.
>
>Well, some of them live in Washington, D.C. Amazing how patriotic some of
>them can be, too. And humanitarian in outlook!
>:))))))))))))))))))))))))

Yea, "some" Galina. How many of those "somes" versus the number that don't?
The latter will be far greater. Besides, the Indians are a small population now,
many have intermarried with Caucasians, etc.

>> Let's not forget other
>> atrocities committed by the supposed "good U.S.-Americans" although maybe not
>> ethnic cleansing. There was the exploitation and enslavment of the blacks
>> for hundreds of years
>
>That's why America has a civil war! :)))))))) And guess who won?! :)))))))))

You don't know Galina that in the beginning and for most of the war, the main
cause for fighting the war was NOT over slavery but to keep the union cemented.
It was only near the end of the war did slavery become the key issue. Go and
learn a few things dear. What's your point? It's not a matter of victory but
right and wrong. Sounds like support the latter.

>> as well as the exploitation of immigrants (which still
>> exists today) who came to this country and worked for dirt-cheap labor rates in
>> poor working conditions (i.e. sweatshops).
>
>and is it not amazing how many of those immigrants came willingly and made
such a success of themselves! :)))))))))))

Some work was better than really none at all in their homelands. And is it not
amazing of the numbers that did not. Those that made successes of themselves
usually opened up their own business after they worked for someone they knew,
i.e. a family member. How many sweatshop workers became successful? Just
because some became successful does not justify the actions and that is what
I am pointing out.

>> Let's not forget the Gulf war in
>> 1991 when the U.S killed who knows how many Iraqs and who knows how many
>> now recently. Mind you, that Kuwait did belong to Iraq until it was taken away
>> for obvious reasons (the oil). Witness now,
>
>Hmm, would you like to tell us when and for how long did Kuwait belong to Iraq?

After WWII, it was taken away for obvious reasons. It's a political fact, go
and search if you want. It might do you good! :)

>> the atrocities or ethnic cleansing of the U.S.-Americans on the Serbs.
>
>I am totally against the bombing and can armchair discuss what I would have done
>instead in place of NATO policy but excuse me for a moment and discuss yourself how
>many Serbs have been detained by American or any other NATO country police forces
>for "informative talks" in which said Serbs were beaten up, how many police have
>broken into the homes of Serbs and trashed their furniture looking for weapons, how
>many of our police have burned and raised Serbian homes and crops? How many of our
>police have forced Serbs to move form their houses to another country via packed
>railroad cars by gunpoint, and how many of our police have deprived Serbs of their
>identity and other papers?

Did I say I was for the bombing either? No, I did not. I know the Serbs are
being treated badly and are being portrayed as the evil people by the American
media. You'd be surprised by the number of people here who want to bomb the
hell out of Serbia just by the information they've received from the media.

>SOMETHING had to be done although bombing and the generalizing denigration of the
>whole Serbian people as evil was not the answer. THe phrase "nothing left ot lose"
>comes to mind

I agree with you. I think it's more of a testing grounds for new weapons just
like the Gulf war was.

>> They are trying to eradicate them now, undert the name of helping the poor
Albanians.

>How many Serb civilians have been targeted? I think it would be fairer ot say that
>they are trying to lower their lifestyles and standard of living, i.e. wreck their
>economy. This is apparent in both the sanctions since the Bosnian War outer and
>inner levels inclusive, and the bombing targets chosen to date.

I haven't kept count but let's see when you bomb places they are usually people
inside of them. Also, yes with bombing comes a lowering of living standards.

>> Don't think that I support the
>> Serbs beause they are no angels but neither are the Albanians-they too share
>> fault in this problem. However, the media is so anti-Serbian that they try to
>> portray the Serbs as the guilty party and the Albanians as some innocent
>> civilians. Don't portray the U.S-Americans as some innocent party, they are
>> far from it.
>
>That i will agree with, although one has to consider the relative level of
>egregiousness in each individual antihuman activity and who specifically, not
>generally, should be held responsible for the same within an appropriate context.
>I.e., FRY acts , which should not be mischaracterized as "Serbian" acts, are not
>aggression or innocence equivalent to the acts of "Albanians" by whom I hope you do
>not characterize the whole Albanian people, nor are either of these innocence
>equivalent to U.S. Americans acts, even within the context of NATO acts, which i
>presume you meant as NATO acts cannot be confused with American" ones. But you
>seem to almost purposefully confuse these differences.

No, I don't characterize the whole Albanian people like that. It's mainly the
rebel group instigating and continuing the conflict. I don't think I am
confusing anything.

sp...@erols.com

Apr 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/7/99

something but MICHAEL HODGES, AMERICAN CITIZEN WROTE:

> >The U.S.-Americans have been ethnic cleansers for centuries.

Please fix your posting mechanism. I DID NOT WRITE THE ABOVE. You did

> >Then you will wish immediately to renounce your citizenship for another to which
> >you are entitled such as a presumably more democratic society like Bulgaria or
> >Greece.
>
> What type of stupid response is this? I am merely stating that the people in
> this country are not angels either. You're sarcastic tone throughout most
> of the message is not appropriate but I don't care, I'll answer it anyway.

Thank you for calling me stupid and sarcastic. My tone was appropriate to the post.
ANd note that sarcasm clears the air a lot quicker than breaking wind

> >> Go ahead and
> >> ask the American Indians about the ethnic cleansing that was done to them by
> >> the people of this country.
> >
> >Are you implying that this happened yesterday, and the United States has not since
> >evolved into a more democratic country.
>
> Let's see Galina, refer back to your history books if you've become a little
> dull on this topic.

Thank you for suggesting that i need to read up on the history of the American Indians.
My fifty-five times great grandfather is probably rolling over in his humble grave on
that one, saying to himself "What's wrong with this dude? He decipher a simple
petroglyph and this is simpler?"

> As for evolving into a more democratic society, maybe.
> Of course, Waco saw just how democratic this society has evolved into. The
> U.S. government that killed its own people.

That was ill conceived law enforcement, however well meaning. I can understand how
desperate the FBI was, of course, thinking about the preteenagers being raped in the
complex, and the fact that mass suicide was intended for all just to make an insane last
stand for a psycho. But never mind that. LIVE like a FREE psycho and/OR cause yourself
and those around you to DIE if you like.

> Let's not forget Ruby Ridge either.
> Perhaps, we've made small strides.

If you are the type of guy who wants to stride right on over and join the kind of people
that inhabited either the Wacko compound at Waco or Ruby RIdge, I think we are going to
have more than a couple problems communicating. Down with the rhetoric, boy! Incipient
fascism is nippin' at the heels.

> >> They almost exterminated them and what few are left live on givernment
> >>reservations here and there.

Nobody is forgetting the Trail of Tears. Kind of reminds one of the forty kilometers of
Kosovari who were at the border with Macedonia JUST YESTERDAY! before the Serbs pulled
them back into Kosovo at gunpoint. May our Lord help them as everyone is made in the
image and likeness of God. We should not hate any soul.

> >Well, some of them live in Washington, D.C. Amazing how patriotic some of
> >them can be, too. And humanitarian in outlook!
> >:))))))))))))))))))))))))
>
> Yea, "some" Galina. How many of those "somes" versus the number that don't?
> The latter will be far greater. Besides, the Indians are a small population now,
> many have intermarried with Caucasians, etc.

do tell

> >> Let's not forget other
> >> atrocities committed by the supposed "good U.S.-Americans" although maybe not
> >> ethnic cleansing. There was the exploitation and enslavment of the blacks
> >> for hundreds of years
> >
> >That's why America has a civil war! :)))))))) And guess who won?! :)))))))))
>
> You don't know Galina that in the beginning and for most of the war, the main
> cause for fighting the war was NOT over slavery but to keep the union cemented.

Oh, I could not possibly know that......

> It was only near the end of the war did slavery become the key issue.

No, Michael, it was from the beginning.

> Go and
> learn a few things dear. What's your point? It's not a matter of victory but
> right and wrong. Sounds like support the latter.

Again, I need an education? Thank you for the suggestion.

> >> as well as the exploitation of immigrants (which still
> >> exists today) who came to this country and worked for dirt-cheap labor rates in
> >> poor working conditions (i.e. sweatshops).
> >
> >and is it not amazing how many of those immigrants came willingly and made
> such a success of themselves! :)))))))))))
>
> Some work was better than really none at all in their homelands. And is it not
> amazing of the numbers that did not. Those that made successes of themselves
> usually opened up their own business after they worked for someone they knew,
> i.e. a family member. How many sweatshop workers became successful? Just
> because some became successful does not justify the actions and that is what
> I am pointing out.

Or visa versa. America is as rough as anywhere else at the beginning and it takes a lot
of sacrifice to get form the rough to the smooth road.

> >> Let's not forget the Gulf war in
> >> 1991 when the U.S killed who knows how many Iraqs and who knows how many
> >> now recently. Mind you, that Kuwait did belong to Iraq until it was taken away
> >> for obvious reasons (the oil). Witness now,
> >
> >Hmm, would you like to tell us when and for how long did Kuwait belong to Iraq?
>
> After WWII, it was taken away for obvious reasons. It's a political fact, go
> and search if you want. It might do you good! :)

The length of time and WHEN it belonged to Iraq is what is operative here.

> >> the atrocities or ethnic cleansing of the U.S.-Americans on the Serbs.
> >
> >I am totally against the bombing and can armchair discuss what I would have done
> >instead in place of NATO policy but excuse me for a moment and discuss yourself how
> >many Serbs have been detained by American or any other NATO country police forces
> >for "informative talks" in which said Serbs were beaten up, how many police have
> >broken into the homes of Serbs and trashed their furniture looking for weapons, how
> >many of our police have burned and raised Serbian homes and crops? How many of our
> >police have forced Serbs to move form their houses to another country via packed
> >railroad cars by gunpoint, and how many of our police have deprived Serbs of their
> >identity and other papers?
>
> Did I say I was for the bombing either? No, I did not. I know the Serbs are
> being treated badly and are being portrayed as the evil people by the American
> media. You'd be surprised by the number of people here who want to bomb the
> hell out of Serbia just by the information they've received from the media.

I see yo attempted to sidestep the informative talks, trashing of homes, burning of
crops, and ethnic cleansing by suggesting that _ GIMMIE A BREAK HERE WHILE I ROLL ON
THE FLOOR HOWLING WITH LAUGHTER - the Serb controlled media is more reliable -
hahahahahhehehehehehohohohoh- than the worldwide press.

> >SOMETHING had to be done although bombing and the generalizing denigration of the
> >whole Serbian people as evil was not the answer. THe phrase "nothing left ot lose"
> >comes to mind
>
> I agree with you. I think it's more of a testing grounds for new weapons just
> like the Gulf war was.

Michael, sweetie pie, no new weapons have been used I know of.

> >> They are trying to eradicate them now, undert the name of helping the poor
> Albanians.
> >
> >How many Serb civilians have been targeted? I think it would be fairer ot say that
> >they are trying to lower their lifestyles and standard of living, i.e. wreck their
> >economy. This is apparent in both the sanctions since the Bosnian War outer and
> >inner levels inclusive, and the bombing targets chosen to date.
>
> I haven't kept count but let's see when you bomb places they are usually people
> inside of them. Also, yes with bombing comes a lowering of living standards.

I think the total Yugoslav dead of all causes is a little over a hundred souls. BUt all
lives are priceless! How many Kosovar Albanians, Serbs , ROma and Turks do you imagine
have died so far? How many livelihoods wrecked by torching whole villages and fields?
How many futures wrecked by theft? How much infrastructure wrecked by NATO bombs? THe
destruction is awful, horrifying all around.

> >> Don't think that I support the
> >> Serbs beause they are no angels but neither are the Albanians-they too share
> >> fault in this problem. However, the media is so anti-Serbian that they try to
> >> portray the Serbs as the guilty party and the Albanians as some innocent
> >> civilians. Don't portray the U.S-Americans as some innocent party, they are
> >> far from it.
> >
> >That i will agree with, although one has to consider the relative level of
> >egregiousness in each individual antihuman activity and who specifically, not
> >generally, should be held responsible for the same within an appropriate context.
> >I.e., FRY acts , which should not be mischaracterized as "Serbian" acts, are not
> >aggression or innocence equivalent to the acts of "Albanians" by whom I hope you do
> >not characterize the whole Albanian people, nor are either of these innocence
> >equivalent to U.S. Americans acts, even within the context of NATO acts, which i
> >presume you meant as NATO acts cannot be confused with American" ones. But you
> >seem to almost purposefully confuse these differences.
>
> No, I don't characterize the whole Albanian people like that. It's mainly the
> rebel group instigating and continuing the conflict. I don't think I am
> confusing anything.

oh yes you are

lak...@my-dejanews.com

Apr 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/8/99
DOES IT MATTER??? ...O AMERICA LAND OF THE FREE AND HOME
OF THE BRAVE... HOW LOW YOU HAVE FALLEN!!
LACON

In article <370663C9...@virgin.net>,

Roger Davies <roger....@virgin.net> wrote:
> Thessaloniki is in Greece not Serbia

Michael Hodges

Apr 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/8/99
In article <370BF660...@erols.com>, <sp...@erols.com> wrote:

>something but MICHAEL HODGES, AMERICAN CITIZEN WROTE:

And Galina, fruitcake and supporter of atrocities committd by this country
babbles below:

>Please fix your posting mechanism. I DID NOT WRITE THE ABOVE. You did

There's nothing wrong with our posting mechanism.

>Thank you for calling me stupid and sarcastic. My tone was appropriate to
>the post. ANd note that sarcasm clears the air a lot quicker than breaking
>wind

Your welcome, it is fitting I must say. Your tone was inappropriate. Just
because I condemn the actions of this country against other people does not
mean I wish to renounce my citizenship Galina. Even JFK said that the crimes
against the Indians were the worst and most shameful acts this country has
done. He spoke the truth which is why he most likely was assasinated.

>> Let's see Galina, refer back to your history books if you've become a little
>> dull on this topic.
>
>Thank you for suggesting that i need to read up on the history of the American
>Indians. My fifty-five times great grandfather is probably rolling over in
>his humble grave on that one, saying to himself "What's wrong with this dude?
>He decipher a simple petroglyph and this is simpler?"

I'm sure he is rolling over in his grave, wondering why you are condoning
the actions against the Indians. What a good little girl you are :)

>That was ill conceived law enforcement, however well meaning. I can
>understand how desperate the FBI was, of course, thinking about the
>preteenagers being raped in the complex, and the fact that mass suicide was
>intended for all just to make an insane last stand for a psycho. But never
>mind that. LIVE like a FREE psycho and/OR cause yourself and those around
>you to DIE if you like.

If you believe the news media on everthing, you are a little too gullible. I
always have some doubt about what the media tells me since they usually tell
a one-sided view. Perfect example is the Kosovo crisis. Yea, Koresh, that
mad-man preaching the bible! Damn him for that!

>If you are the type of guy who wants to stride right on over and join the kind of
>people that inhabited either the Wacko compound at Waco or Ruby RIdge, I
>think we are going to have more than a couple problems communicating. Down
>with the rhetoric, boy! Incipient fascism is nippin' at the heels.

Hey Galina did I imply ever that I was a person who wanted to join in those
compounds? No, I did not. Your powers of deduction need some serious re-tuning,
they're way out of alignment. I am condeming the way that the situation was
handled, in the same way we're both condemning the way the situation in
Yugoslavia is being handled.

>Nobody is forgetting the Trail of Tears. Kind of reminds one of the forty
>kilometers of Kosovari who were at the border with Macedonia JUST YESTERDAY!
>before the Serbs pulled them back into Kosovo at gunpoint. May our Lord help
>them as everyone is made in the image and likeness of God. We should not
>hate any soul.

Unfortunately if it was that easy to convince people not to hate others. I
despise the use of violence and will only do so after all other means have been
exhausted which to me, seems like a principle you'd agree with.

>> Yea, "some" Galina. How many of those "somes" versus the number that don't?
>> The latter will be far greater. Besides, the Indians are a small population now,
>> many have intermarried with Caucasians, etc.
>
>do tell

Do tell what, go and look at stats, if you want.

>> >That's why America has a civil war! :)))))))) And guess who won?! :)))))))))
>>
>> You don't know Galina that in the beginning and for most of the war, the main
>> cause for fighting the war was NOT over slavery but to keep the union cemented.
>
>Oh, I could not possibly know that......

With you, anything is possible. :)

>> It was only near the end of the war did slavery become the key issue.
>
>No, Michael, it was from the beginning.

No Galina, go and ask any and I mean any knowledgeable historian and they will
tell you slavery only became the key issue somewhere nea the nd of the war.
The U.S. was divided at that time, they cared more about reuniting the union
than the rights of black people for a lot of the war. Even black people who
know abou the war will tell you that. You do need to learn a few things.

>Again, I need an education? Thank you for the suggestion.

Always happy to suggest ways to help you Galina. :)

>> Some work was better than really none at all in their homelands. And is it not
>> amazing of the numbers that did not. Those that made successes of themselves
>> usually opened up their own business after they worked for someone they knew,
>> i.e. a family member. How many sweatshop workers became successful? Just
>> because some became successful does not justify the actions and that is what
>> I am pointing out.
>
>Or visa versa. America is as rough as anywhere else at the beginning and it
>takes a lot of sacrifice to get form the rough to the smooth road.

Didn't say it was not and yes it takes sacrifice for many and for some, it
does not.

>> After WWII, it was taken away for obvious reasons. It's a political fact, go
>> and search if you want. It might do you good! :)
>
>The length of time and WHEN it belonged to Iraq is what is operative here.

I just said, prior to WWII. What don't you understand?

>> being treated badly and are being portrayed as the evil people by the American
>> media. You'd be surprised by the number of people here who want to bomb the
>> hell out of Serbia just by the information they've received from the media.
>
>I see yo attempted to sidestep the informative talks, trashing of homes, burning of
>crops, and ethnic cleansing by suggesting that _ GIMMIE A BREAK HERE WHILE I ROLL ON
>THE FLOOR HOWLING WITH LAUGHTER - the Serb controlled media is more reliable -
>hahahahahhehehehehehohohohoh- than the worldwide press.

I didn't sidestep anything Galina. I don't condone killings; I'm not a violent
person but I, like anybody else, will resort to violence after all other means
have been exhausted.

>> I agree with you. I think it's more of a testing grounds for new weapons just
>> like the Gulf war was.
>
>Michael, sweetie pie, no new weapons have been used I know of.

That's th key, that you know of. You think the DoD is going to say they are
testing new weapons in the area. Give me a break girl!

>> >How many Serb civilians have been targeted? I think it would be fairer ot say that
>> >they are trying to lower their lifestyles and standard of living, i.e. wreck their
>> >economy. This is apparent in both the sanctions since the Bosnian War outer and
>> >inner levels inclusive, and the bombing targets chosen to date.
>>
>> I haven't kept count but let's see when you bomb places they are usually people
>> inside of them. Also, yes with bombing comes a lowering of living standards.
>
>I think the total Yugoslav dead of all causes is a little over a hundred souls. BUt all
>lives are priceless! How many Kosovar Albanians, Serbs , ROma and Turks do you imagine
>have died so far? How many livelihoods wrecked by torching whole villages and fields?
>How many futures wrecked by theft? How much infrastructure wrecked by NATO bombs? THe
>destruction is awful, horrifying all around.

Yes, a life is priceless, I will not dispute that. I don't know how many other
people have died but I'm sure it's a significant number. Of couse, the media
doesn't show the destruction (or has shown little) of what Nato has done to
Yugoslavia. This is a little biased, in my opinion. If you're going to show
destruction, give the viewers both angles to see. Again, I agree any destruction
to be horrendous and awful.

>> >That i will agree with, although one has to consider the relative level of
>> >egregiousness in each individual antihuman activity and who specifically, not
>> >generally, should be held responsible for the same within an appropriate context.
>> >I.e., FRY acts , which should not be mischaracterized as "Serbian" acts, are not
>> >aggression or innocence equivalent to the acts of "Albanians" by whom I hope you do
>> >not characterize the whole Albanian people, nor are either of these innocence
>> >equivalent to U.S. Americans acts, even within the context of NATO acts, which i
>> >presume you meant as NATO acts cannot be confused with American" ones. But you
>> >seem to almost purposefully confuse these differences.
>>
>> No, I don't characterize the whole Albanian people like that. It's mainly the
>> rebel group instigating and continuing the conflict. I don't think I am
>> confusing anything.
>
>oh yes you are

Well, maybe you little Galina!

sp...@erols.com

Apr 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/8/99

Michael Hodges wrote:

<a lot of patronizing BS which I snipped >

Michael Hodges

Apr 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/9/99
In article <370D18ED...@erols.com>, <sp...@erols.com> wrote:

><a lot of patronizing BS which I snipped >

Why did you snip it Galina?

sp...@erols.com

Apr 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/9/99

Michael Hodges wrote:

Didn't the words patronizing and BS register?

Olga

Apr 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/9/99
Let me tell you gays, Michael and Galina:
your posts were some of the most civilized on the topic.
You do not agree with each other and I pulled some additional
information from your
posts, but you both sure do not sound like those blood thirsty
aggressive, racist and
nationalistic *participants* who could not wait to get there hands on
the weapon.
Thank you for this.
Olga.

--
Olga

Michael Hodgs

Apr 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/10/99

As for BS, we see that stuff come from you, and I mean pure BS. As for me
being patronizing or condescending, whatever Galina.