White House Adviser: No 'Transparency' Promise Ever Made Over Billions In Loans

1 view

Snicker

Feb 21, 2024, 10:10:03 PMFeb 21
In article <t2mj7c$3ns7m$9...@news.freedyn.de>
"Buttsniffer Number P01369" <patr...@protonmail.com> wrote:

Demorats go fuck yourselves. You get no DOXING fuel to attack
Trump. Fuck off.

White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow on Sunday claimed that
the administration never promised to disclose which businesses
received more than $500 billion in coronavirus relief loans,
contradicting an earlier statement by Treasury Secretary Steven
Mnuchin.

Kudlow, director of the U.S. National Economic Council, made his
statement to Jake Tapper on CNN’s “State of the Union” about the
Paycheck Protection Program, which Congress authorized in March
to bail out companies harmed by the coronavirus pandemic.

When asked whether Americans deserve to know which wealthy
companies have received taxpayer-funded bailouts, Kudlow said,
“As far as naming each and every company, I don’t think that
promise was ever made, and I don’t think it’s necessary.”

Mnuchin in March promised that the administration would “have
full transparency on anything we do. We will be reporting to the
public.” But on Wednesday, he told the Senate Committee on Small
Business and Entrepreneurship that information is now considered
“confidential.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/larry-kudlow-steven-mnuchin-ppp-
transparency_n_5ee65fcfc5b6efec77585b4c?guccounter=1&guce_refer
rer=aHR0cHM6Ly9uZXdzLmdvb2dsZS5jb20v&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAMUN
fjPAa-ksm6-
p5r1peozwc_
ypUq3rTA2Sm
p6WS1RN0MOW
8e0wWFaeVTy
lzWGCnDMqSr
aE3yBK9iz1F
Fl0pOjidteH
c9yW7UIhAfT
ni8F0xtfgDR
y5W_MTzxfbnePkqThRUSgC3Y9WMO_D_UKn9ZRE0xpY2EANOE_iRfArG_T4