Movies where kids are killed :(

Paul Cartwright

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99
its a film taboo to have children get killed (opposed to dying) so its very
rare to see children shown on a movie in the process of getting killed (as
opposed to seeing the aftermath) not that i want see children get killed.
its sick dammit! so anyway, anyone know of any other films (most often made
outside the U.S of course) that show children getting killed? I can only
think of 'Caligula' (1980) and that was a particularly brutal slaying.
ah..ancient rome. those were the days

Edward Andrew Howden

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99
Paul Cartwright wrote:

> its a film taboo to have children get killed (opposed to dying) so its very
> rare to see children shown on a movie in the process of getting killed

<SNIP>
Precinct 13 feature the murder of a little girl that sets the whole stand
off at the old station house.
--
"They tried it, they liked it, they did it again."

Linusxx

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99
Better kids than cute little animals

Damien Karras

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99
Linda Blair in The Exorcist. Oops, no, she was almost killed. I am the
one who died. I hate windows, and I'm not talking computers here.

Daniel Fredrick Etter

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99
High Risk, with Jet Li. A whole school bus full of the buggers gets blown
to hell.

Dan

On 29 Jan 1999 12:23:25 GMT, Paul Cartwright Spake Thusly:

> its a film taboo to have children get killed (opposed to dying) so its very

Editor X

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99
Mimic
I think Welcome To Sarajevo had some but I don't remember exactly

Greywizard

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99
The remake of THE BLOB. And I hear the movie BEWARE CHILDREN AT PLAY has
some kiddie deaths as well.

--
To respond, substitute "spam" with "coastnet".
-----------------------------------

Lknafc

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99
The Other - the scene with the baby being discovered is especially chilling.

Also The Bad Seed, although not shown on screen.

I seem to be picking out movies where kids kill kids, which is disturbing in
and of itself.

Linda Kay

Led_Gein

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99
On Fri, 29 Jan 1999 16:16:22 GMT, nim...@earthlink.net (Nimrod)
wrote:

>On 29 Jan 1999 12:23:25 GMT, "Paul Cartwright"

><cart...@vianet.net.au> wrote:
>
>>its a film taboo to have children get killed (opposed to dying) so its very
>>rare to see children shown on a movie in the process of getting killed (as
>>opposed to seeing the aftermath) not that i want see children get killed.
>>its sick dammit! so anyway, anyone know of any other films (most often made
>>outside the U.S of course) that show children getting killed? I can only
>>think of 'Caligula' (1980) and that was a particularly brutal slaying.
>>ah..ancient rome. those were the days

Out of the Blue--1980

Drunk Dennis Hopper T-Bones a schoolbus full of youngsters with his
semi-truck, killing many. The wreck is shown in slow motion with
"bodies" hanging out the windows.

Robert Lee

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99
That perennial favorite, Man Behind The Sun...

--Robert
--
The Control Voice-we like to watch
http://www.ungh.com/control

Trent

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99
The Beastmaster has a pretty gruesome scene of a kid being thrown into
the fire.

Blob 1988 also has a scene of a kid dying. I recently posted about this
movie, which I found to be pretty disturbing.

----> Trent

Pulpfixen

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99
and of course lets not forget my fave dead kid pics
The Player--kid on bike dies eventually(that counts right)
Alice Sweet Alice--in which charred Brooke Sheilds is the main course
AND NOT TOO MENTION KENNY

THE POSTER CHILD FOR KID DEATH

ElTopoXXX

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99
Led Gein wrote:

>Out of the Blue--1980
>
>Drunk Dennis Hopper T-Bones a schoolbus full of youngsters with his
>semi-truck, killing many. The wreck is shown in slow motion with
>"bodies" hanging out the windows.

Indeed that IS an extremely disturbing sequence, and the image of Hopper's semi
plowing through the bus is unforgettable.

I would also mention the shattering scene from PET SEMATARY, in which Gage
runs out in front of a truck, and then we see the father screaming in anguish,
and pictures of him cuddling the "baby" are flashed on the screen. I had a
friend become so disturbed by the emotional power of that scene (on first
viewing) that he asked me to turn the tape off. A very underrated film.

Don

BlueRainSoda

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99
The one with the school bus going off the road onto a frozen lake then
the ice breaks and the bus sinks. The title has slipped my mind.
Someone id please.

Editor X

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99
On 29 Jan 1999 20:16:55 GMT, pulp...@aol.com (Pulpfixen) wrote:

>and of course lets not forget my fave dead kid pics
> The Player--kid on bike dies eventually(that counts right)

You mean Short Cuts right?

> Alice Sweet Alice--in which charred Brooke Sheilds is the main course
> AND NOT TOO MENTION KENNY
>
> THE POSTER CHILD FOR KID DEATH

editor x
http://www.tapehead.com/

AARON MILENSKI

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99

SWEET HEREAFTER.

...someday we'll be dignified and old...

Shannon Robert Burge

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99

THE BEYOND (little girl gets her head blown off, rather literally)
PET SEMATARY (tot decimated by truck)
LORD OF ILLUSIONS (cult member murders hubby and kids)

SRB

Shannon Robert Burge

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99

On 29 Jan 1999, Daniel Fredrick Etter wrote:

> High Risk, with Jet Li. A whole school bus full of the buggers gets blown
> to hell.
>
> Dan

Let's not forget Cemetery Man, in which a bunch of boy scouts die twice.

SRB

Jerome Fryar

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99
the one that comes to my mind is "the Good Son"
with Maculey Culkin. Great seen of his mother dropping him off a cliff.

Hans Magne Holto

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99

Paul Cartwright skrev i meldingen <01be4b82$66e0e900$62ed1acb@home>...

>its a film taboo to have children get killed (opposed to dying) so its very
>rare to see children shown on a movie in the process of getting killed (as
>opposed to seeing the aftermath) not that i want see children get killed.
>its sick dammit! so anyway, anyone know of any other films (most often made
>outside the U.S of course) that show children getting killed? I can only
>think of 'Caligula' (1980) and that was a particularly brutal slaying.
>ah..ancient rome. those were the days

In the movie" fight for your life" from 1977,you have a brutal murder
of a child.A young boy get his head smashed with a rock.
And in the movie "The Children" I'l think it was some kids who
got killed.
Hans

B.Kennedy

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99

Wasn't there a child who got shot and killed in City Hall?

"I thought of Uncle Rory and his discovery that it was not possible to
influence TV screens from afar by humming."
-----------------------------------------Iain Banks, "The Crow Road"--------
Brian Kennedy: bo...@mail.20-eyes.com

You Die Joe

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99

Paul Cartwright wrote in message <01be4b82$66e0e900$62ed1acb@home>...

>its a film taboo to have children get killed (opposed to dying) so its very
>rare to see children shown on a movie in the process of getting killed (as
>opposed to seeing the aftermath) not that i want see children get killed.
>its sick dammit! so anyway, anyone know of any other films (most often made
>outside the U.S of course) that show children getting killed? I can only
>think of 'Caligula' (1980) and that was a particularly brutal slaying.
>ah..ancient rome. those were the days

In "The Heroic Trio" there's a scene where Wonder Woman fails to save a baby
from accidental injury which leads to death. A lot better than the hero
being invincible and infallible wherever babies and the handicapped are
concerned. Also in that same movie, Thief Catcher must wipe out a cadre of
possessed flesh-eating youngsters.

YDJ

You Die Joe

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99

Pulpfixen wrote in message <19990129151655...@ng146.aol.com>...

>and of course lets not forget my fave dead kid pics
> The Player--kid on bike dies eventually(that counts right)

Man, that was in SHORTCUTS!

YDJ

Trent

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99
It's been awhile, but I recall a kid being killed in The Untouchables.
A guy goes into a diner and leaves his briefcase under a table. He
walks out without it. A girl picks it up to give it back to him, but it
is really a bomb and blows the place up.

-----> Trent

Eric Smith

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99
There was a kid killed in ALLIGATOR at a pool party.

David S. Gove

Jan 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/30/99
A piece of loow budget scifi trash called Circuit Breaker, starring Corbin
Bersen and Richard Greco. A kid is put into a garbage disposal. Seriously
bad, mean spirited piece of shit.

Daniel

RJGra

Jan 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/30/99
The restored version of Jame's Whale's FRANKENSTEIN
THE BROOD
THE WORLD ACCORDING TO GARP (Death happens off-screen as camera slowly zooms in
on kid's picture)

ElTopoXXX

Jan 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/30/99
Just thought of another classic child death in a film:

Andy Warhol's BAD, where a distraught mother throws her newborn out of a
high-rise apartment building window. The kid hits the pavement and gory bits
of dead baby splash into a passerby's face. Ive seen a guy turn GREEN after
seeing that...

Don

SUBTERRANEAN CINEMA
CULT/FOREIGN FILMS FOR TRADE
members.aol.com/~eltopoxxx/index.html
Jodorowsky, Cassavetes, Warhol, Lynch
Kenneth Anger, Wertmuller
and MANY others

KING B MAN

Jan 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/30/99
there was Blood and Lace about the sinister orphanage.
Who Could Kill a Child?.
Earthquake
Mike

Cart00nX

Jan 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/30/99
One can't forget the awesome Troma movie "Beware! Children at Play."
SPOILERS AHEAD:

The last scene has a big group of parents killing the're zombifies kids.
The best scene is when a dad puts a gun into his son's mouth and blows
his brains out. A great movie.

TULL KATHERINE L

Jan 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/30/99
Children of the Corn II

J. Newman

Jan 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/30/99
Sounds interesting . . . is this one any good? Or, in typical Troma
fashion, at least so-cheesingly-bad-it's-good?
Worth a rental?
Thanks!
J.

Cart00nX

Jan 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/30/99

I thought it was pretty good, definatly worth a rental. It's pretty
boring up until the last half hour. I was kinda disapointed that it
wasn't very cheesy, it took itself too seriously. Still an intersting
movie.

CREEPYGOD

Jan 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/30/99
I believe that there is a Spanish film titled Quien que Mata un Nino?, or
something like that, which translates into Who Would Kill a Child? in English.

-Rob

"Have you ever had... AN EGYPTIAN FEAST?!?"
-Fuad Ramses, BLOOD FEAST

K. Cozy

Jan 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/30/99
ElTopoXXX wrote:

> I would also mention the shattering scene from PET SEMATARY, in which Gage
> runs out in front of a truck, and then we see the father screaming in anguish,
> and pictures of him cuddling the "baby" are flashed on the screen. I had a
> friend become so disturbed by the emotional power of that scene (on first
> viewing) that he asked me to turn the tape off. A very underrated film.

My sister and I had fun in Pet Sematary by trying to pinpoint exactly when the
dad lost it completely. We decided it was that crazy little grin he gave when
he was diggin' up the kid. "Whoa! He's gone!"

--
- K. Cozy
"Experts agree: EVERYTHING IS FINE!"

K. Cozy

Jan 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/30/99
Damien Karras wrote:

> Linda Blair in The Exorcist. Oops, no, she was almost killed. I am the
> one who died. I hate windows, and I'm not talking computers here.

Didn't see your name at first, and I was saying, "Whah?"

But technically, you didn't die until the third movie.

Moonli...@webtv.net

Jan 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/31/99
No one has mentioned Jaws! (Munch! Munch!) That Alien ripoff Mimic also
showed kids being munched on. And lets not forget Night of the Living
Dead's little girl zombie who wants to play with Mama.

FemDomSoc

Jan 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/31/99
PetSemetary......the baby get run over by an 18 wheeler---yeeeeeeha!!!!
MicHeLLe
"HeLL HaTh No FuRy"

Devoe

Jan 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/31/99
Lord of the flies (or something like that, you know which one I mean, the
one with the kids on the island).

Damien Karras

Jan 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/31/99
Actually, K. Cozy, I died twice: once in The Exorcist, then once again
in Legion when Bill K shot me to death.

We are all spirit immortals, but it takes death to reveal this to us.
For me, the first time was enough, as languishing in Hell with the Other
and the Gemini was no honeymoon. I mean, a guy gives it all he's got,
takes on the demon that was tormenting Regan MacNeil, jumps out the
window with the demon in tow... only to slip through the cracks! "Save
Your Servant", indeed. What kind of policing is being done when the
good guy gets dragged into Hell? It took two mortals to rescue me, Bill
K and Father Morning, at the cost of Morning's life (who knows if HE
slipped through the cracks, too? I haven't seen him around up Here
yet...). And that was just the movie. Blatty's book has me already
gone to Glory, and just my body being used. I didn't need rescuing in
the book, just in the movie. I wish people would get their stories
straight, you know? At any rate, I have tracked down Father Lankester
Merrin (yes, he's up Here, too, I guess the cracks were too narrow to
admit him, some people have all the luck), and he is helping me to
understand what happened, and why, the first two times I died. One day
I hope to understand completely. Until then, I consider my faith
partially restored, which is a damn site better than what I was going
through from the period of my Mother's death (yes, she's up Here as
well) to the final moments in Regan's room. It's been an interesting
life, death, death, and afterlife. Dominus Vobiscum, K. Cozy.

TalkngHedz

Jan 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/31/99
Howzabout "Assault on Precinct 13?"

"I wanted vanilla twist."

BOOM!!!!!!!

-Hedz

athol-brose

Jan 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/31/99
It happens more often in Hong Kong movies, I think. For example, "Heroic
Trio" ... a couple of babies die.

--
r. n. dominick -- cinn...@one.net

Look, Mr. Moto, I'm a coffee pot!

athol-brose

Jan 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/31/99
In article <19990129214552...@ng-fq1.aol.com>, ElTopoXXX wrote:
>Andy Warhol's BAD, where a distraught mother throws her newborn out of a
>high-rise apartment building window. The kid hits the pavement and gory bits
>of dead baby splash into a passerby's face. Ive seen a guy turn GREEN after
>seeing that...

You mean that baby that looked suspiciously like a watermelon wrapped in a
receiving blanket?

Jessica S Raine

Feb 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/1/99

In 'Young Guns', a guy gets his head blown off and it splatters
all over Kiefer Sutherland's face. (Pretty gross right there.) I think
the guy who gets killed (albeit not a kid) is Jack Palance's son. Does
that count?

--Jess

--
Jessica Raine | ja...@world.std.com
"Milord, I should be sorry if I only entertained them. I wished to make them

FemDomSoc

Feb 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/1/99
>The kid hits the pavement and gory bits
>>of dead baby splash into a passerby's face. Ive seen a guy turn GREEN
>after
>>seeing that...

Whoa!! Now THAT I've gotta see!

GC

Feb 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/1/99
In article <36bad81a...@news.earthlink.net>, Nimrod
<nim...@earthlink.net> writes
>DON'T LOOK BACK
>
>Nimrod

I don't remember Bob Dylan killing anyone in this.
--
GC

Mark Gould

Feb 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/1/99
Dawn of the Dead (the two zombie kids in the abandoned air field)
Man Bites Dog (Brutal!)
Henry: POASK (BRUTALIST!!!!)

MG

cum grano salis ...

King Daevid MacKenzie, UltimaJock!

Feb 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/1/99
In article <19990131140029...@ng26.aol.com>,
talkn...@aol.com (TalkngHedz) sez:

¢¢ Howzabout "Assault on Precinct 13?"

¢¢
¢¢ "I wanted vanilla twist."
¢¢
¢¢ BOOM!!!!!!!

...the kid who got offed was Kim Richards; to see her in TUFF TURF, the
shooter in ASSAULT had no fuckin' taste whatsoever :-) ...

...wanna add FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST, ONCE
UPON A TIME IN AMERICA, M and FOXES?...

--
King Daevid MacKenzie, UltimaJock! (opinions expressed solely his)
heard on WSBC/WCFJ Chicago-WSUW Whitewater-Milwaukee next week

Matt Hamby

Feb 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/2/99

GC <G...@mosshead0.demon.co.uk> wrote in article
<4j7rzAAH...@mosshead0.demon.co.uk>...

You didn't see the director's cut?

Matt

"Oh no! Willy didn't make it!"
"And he landed on <insert annoying kid's name>!" - tv
"I don't like this 'director's cut'" - Homer Simpson

fiendis...@my-dejanews.com

Feb 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/2/99
In article <78sj6q$ico$1...@flotsam.uits.indiana.edu>,
dfe...@indiana.edu (Daniel Fredrick Etter) wrote:
> High Risk, with Jet Li. A whole school bus full of the buggers gets blown
> to hell.

Don't forget to note that it's a comedy...

Miles

Damian Sharp

Feb 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/2/99
Paul Cartwright wrote:

> its a film taboo to have children get killed (opposed to dying) so its very
> rare to see children shown on a movie in the process of getting killed (as
> opposed to seeing the aftermath) not that i want see children get killed.
> its sick dammit! so anyway, anyone know of any other films (most often made
> outside the U.S of course) that show children getting killed? I can only
> think of 'Caligula' (1980) and that was a particularly brutal slaying.
> ah..ancient rome. those were the days

Surprised no one else has mentioned it but LEON features the death of a
4 year old

--
Damian Sharp
Scotland

Remove ~~ to e-mail me

BUFORD

Feb 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/2/99
Man Bites Dog where a kid gets snuffed out by suffocation by pillow.
and The Untold Story where Anthony Wong chops up a family including
around 3-4 kids.

fiendis...@my-dejanews.com

Feb 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/3/99
In article <slrn7ba1t3....@shell.one.net>,

cinn...@shell.one.net (athol-brose) wrote:
> It happens more often in Hong Kong movies, I think. For example, "Heroic
> Trio" ... a couple of babies die.

And:

Beyond Hypothermia- Heroine blows little girl away... off-camera. Seventh
Curse- Screaming kids crushed to death. Lotsa blood. Run and Kill- Little
girl burned to death in front of father. Ouch. The Untold Story- Family
butchered, including kids. Moon Warriors- Mainstream fare in which soldier
kills little kid. A Taste of Killing and Romance- Nasty killer kills granny,
pet, and grandaughter. Intruder- Little girl is put through so much it might
as well count as a death; choking, drowning, nearly buried alive, chased by
serial killers, etc... Expect the Unexpected- Baby found dead via washing
machine.

Just off the top of my head. Unpleasant as all this might be, I like HK
willingness to violate tradition and kill cute kids and animals.

King Daevid MacKenzie, UltimaJock!

Feb 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/3/99
...in Victor Sjostrom's 1919 classic THE OUTLAW, a woman tosses her baby
off an Icelandic cliff...

plden...@ameritech.net

Feb 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/3/99
No C&P

"Interview With The Vampire ." Not only is Kirsten Dunst's character left to
be destroyed by the sun, but isn't there another child death in that one?

-------------------
Phil Dennison
Cleveland, Ohio

Chris Pierson

Feb 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/3/99
In article <79a5en$qh5$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,

<plden...@ameritech.net> wrote:
>No C&P
>
>"Interview With The Vampire ." Not only is Kirsten Dunst's character left to
>be destroyed by the sun, but isn't there another child death in that one?

In the same vein (har! Sorry), Bram Stoker's Dracula includes a marvelous
scene where Jonathan Harker watches three female vampires feast on an
infant. I'm not sure if this specific scene was in the novel or not.

--
Chris Pierson ** Favorite 11 Films of 1998: Saving Private Ryan, Shakespeare
** in Love, The Spanish Prisoner, Out of Sight, Very Bad

Baudlayre

Feb 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/4/99
> AND NOT TOO MENTION KENNY
>
> THE POSTER CHILD FOR KID DEATH

F**K South park

AARON MILENSKI

Feb 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/4/99
BEWARE! CHILDREN AT PLAY.

Plenty of kids get killed there.

And my all time favorite: THE CHILDREN.

...someday we'll be dignified and old...

Matthews, Ron (EXCHANGE:CAR:9L72)

Feb 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/4/99

South Park is addictive...
You gotta love tv where you can actually feel your brain cells
withering...

Jonathan Taylor

Feb 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/4/99
to YOURPAN...@earthlink.net
Romper Stomper where the youngest skin head is shot in the head by the police.

Although he's more of an animal than kid!

Visit my Web SIte at http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~jctaylor/index.htm
and Page me at Icq :- 236 70621

Edgar Malroy's essay "Why Religions are lile Cereal's", written for Sophia
Alderson, argued that Christianity is Broadly like like Cornflakes,
traditional out of touch and falling in sales; Catholicism is cornflakres with
added sugar; Protestantism comes in those individual packets; and Evangelical
Christianity is just more expensive.
(In a footnote Edgar Malroy suggested that the David Koresh Waco Sect was like
one of those individual cornflakes you find which has been over cooked.)
Judaism is like All-Bran, dull. Islam is like Bran Flakes, sharing a lot of
heritage with Judaism and Christianity but being a little harder to swallow.
Hinduism is like musli, which looks different but it too in time becomes
boring. Buddhism is like Porridge again somewhat different to the others but
there is not a whole lot in it.
New Age religions, argued Edgar Malroy, are like Fruit and Fibre, because of
their many ingreedients. Raisins: palm readings, hazelnuts: tarot cards, dried
coconuts: horoscopes, currants: pyramid powers; and apples: numerology etc.
etc.

Another thing Edgar Malroy argued in "Why Religions are like Cereals" was that
all religions are essentially the same.

Edgar Malroy said in "Why Religions are like Cereal" that he preffered toast.

Taken from Sceptcism Inc. by Bo Fowler

Jonathan Taylor

Feb 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/4/99
Oh and Untouchables where the little girl or boy ( i forget) picks the bomb up in the bag just before it explodes !!!

J. Newman

Feb 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/4/99
Baudlayre wrote in message <19990204130342...@ng-fq1.aol.com>...
>F**K South park

There's always one o' these . . . so you don't like it -- why bother taking
the time to post about it?
Jeez.

J.

Trent

Feb 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/4/99
Baudlayre wrote:

> Wait....Werent a few kids killed in the film "Red Dawn", at the beginning, when
> the russians first land in America, and they start shooting at a school, and a
> few unfortunate ones never got away? Im not sure, as its been years since Ive
> seen this film...

That reminds me of a movie called Born American. Some Americans get
stuck in Russia, and some of them die. I forget how old they were, but
I think they were teens. Been a helluva long time since I saw the
movie, and I was about 7 at the time, so pardon my bad memory.

------> Trent

Trent

Feb 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/4/99
Baudlayre wrote:

> >I would also mention the shattering scene from PET SEMATARY, in which Gage
> >runs out in front of a truck, and then we see the father screaming in
> >anguish,
> >and pictures of him cuddling the "baby" are flashed on the screen. I had a
> >friend become so disturbed by the emotional power of that scene (on first
> >viewing) that he asked me to turn the tape off. A very underrated film.
> >
> >Don
> >

> Very underrated indeed, I mean Mrs. Creeds (Cant remember her first name)
> insane sister who was locked in the back room was played by a transvesite, or
> at least thats what it looked like!

That girl was incredibly disturbing. I saw that movie with a friend at
the theater, and we covered our eyes every time that sick sister came on
screen. Very creepy.

------> Trent

Jeff Belisle

Feb 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/4/99
I can't believe nobody has said "Twilight Zone-The Movie"
Ashtray

Got movies?

http://www.inergy.com/fatlipceremony

February special- Buy 3 get 1 free!

Baudlayre

Feb 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/5/99

Baudlayre

Feb 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/5/99
>Let's not forget Cemetery Man, in which a bunch of boy scouts die twice.
>
>SRB

Lets not forget, while mentioning Italian Horror, Frozen Terror aka Macabro,
where in the beginning, the jealous older sister drowns her kid brother in the
bathtub, THEN, in the end, where the jealous older sister gets killed by her
mother, drowning in bathtub no less, after she discovers her mothers secret in
the freezer....

Baudlayre

Feb 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/5/99

Christian

Feb 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/5/99

Baudlayre wrote:

another kid gets killed by commies in the Manchurian candidate

ElTopoXXX

Feb 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/5/99
Trent wrote:

>That girl was incredibly disturbing. I saw that movie with a friend at
>the theater, and we covered our eyes every time that sick sister came on
>screen. Very creepy.

I know, Im always surprised to hear such disagreement from people, when I say
that Pet Sematary is definitely one of the best Stephen King adaptions yet.
There are many scenes in it that are deeply disturbing:

* in the theatre, the sound of the trucks going past at high speeds was
nerve-shattering. Really gave you a feeling of how it would feel to live in a
house next to such a freeway.

* the accident victim being brought into the ER with his brains hanging
out...and the way he suddenly awakens and whispers a warning to the horrified
doctor.

* when the victim comes back from the dead and takes the Doc out to the Pet
Sematary, and says "this is the place where the dead speak....but dont go to
the place where the dead.....WALK....." and begins to levitate off the ground.

* the afforementioned death of the little boy, which choked me up when I
watched it in the theatre.

* when the kid comes back as a little zombie, and the way that the father
sticks the hypo into his neck,and he screams evilly, then staggers away, saying
delicately "...no fair!" before he collapses in final death.

The other King film that I thought was vastly underrated was THINNER....gotta
love those gypsies.....

"Go away or I make it worse......I make it so much worse, you think I BLESS you
deh first time!!"

Don

SUBTERRANEAN CINEMA
http://members.aol.com/~eltopoxxx/index.html
RARE CULT / FOREIGN FILM SITE
RESEARCH PAGES / VIDEO TRADELISTS

Steven Weller

Feb 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/5/99

The sick sister was actually played by a man - apparently, they couldn't
find a sufficiently emmaciated woman in time for shooting. I'm guessing
this has to do with the types of conditions that make people that thin
being... well... it makes their availability temporary, as it were.

The ultra-thin model used to create the sunlight-burned vampire in the
film Fright Night II was billed as "Dinah Cancer," which sort of speaks
for itself...
--
Life Continues, Despite
Evidence to the Contrary,

Steven

Matthews, Ron (EXCHANGE:CAR:9L72)

Feb 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/5/99
ElTopoXXX wrote:
> The other King film that I thought was vastly underrated was THINNER....gotta
> love those gypsies.....
>
> "Go away or I make it worse......I make it so much worse, you think I BLESS you
> deh first time!!"
>
> Don

King films can be okay, as long as you haven't read the book... if you
have, then you can see how much they fucked with it, and you'll be
disappointed.

Probably some of the best King adaptations are the ones that were "made
for tv" movies...

It and The Stand spring to mind... of course, they're utter shit
compared to the books (which I think are two of King's best), but just
seen as themselves, they're quite entertaining...

bc...@hotmail.com

Feb 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/5/99
What about Dawn of the Dead when they machine gun the zombie kids
that they find in a closet.

_BAC_

K. Cozy

Feb 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/5/99
Baudlayre wrote:

> Lets not forget, while mentioning Italian Horror, Frozen Terror aka Macabro,
> where in the beginning, the jealous older sister drowns her kid brother in the
> bathtub, THEN, in the end, where the jealous older sister gets killed by her
> mother, drowning in bathtub no less, after she discovers her mothers secret in
> the freezer....

Thanks for reminding me..."The Changeling"

--
- K. Cozy
"Hey! Turn off your butt!"
Take off YOURPANTS to send mail!
Visit Chez Cozy: http://home.earthlink.net/~skcozy/index.html
Floyd Code: v1.2 r TW 5/1/pw+r+d Gfm 0- 0 Animals 2 6

tWD

Feb 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/7/99
Saw "Ronin" today - hang on:

SPOILER! (okay?)

- and the "playground" scene somehow put me in mind of this thread... I was
all set to watch the little girl score a slug through the forehead ("Do it
man! Pull that trigger!"), but, of course, we (and the thread) were gypped
at the last moment. Oh well. "Movies where kids are *nearly* blown away"?

tWD (starting to worry about myself)

--
Eyes are in the face of the beholder. - Dave Tarpley
<t...@alphalink.com.au>

Peter K. Boucher

Feb 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/8/99

Baudlayre wrote:

> >Let's not forget Cemetery Man, in which a bunch of boy scouts die twice.
> >
> >SRB
> >

> Lets not forget, while mentioning Italian Horror, Frozen Terror aka Macabro,
> where in the beginning, the jealous older sister drowns her kid brother in the
> bathtub, THEN, in the end, where the jealous older sister gets killed by her
> mother, drowning in bathtub no less, after she discovers her mothers secret in
> the freezer....

In Mars Attacks, they knock the Washington Monument over onto a pack of
Boy Scouts, don't they?

dami...@gmail.com

Mar 29, 2020, 8:21:51 AM3/29/20
On Friday, January 29, 1999 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> its a film taboo to have children get killed (opposed to dying) so its very
> rare to see children shown on a movie in the process of getting killed (as
> opposed to seeing the aftermath) not that i want see children get killed.
> its sick dammit! so anyway, anyone know of any other films (most often made
> outside the U.S of course) that show children getting killed? I can only
> think of 'Caligula' (1980) and that was a particularly brutal slaying.
> ah..ancient rome. those were the days

Amityville II : The Possesion

Halloween III : Season Of The Witch

Duck You Sucker!/ A Fistful Of Dynamite