(POLL) Danny Peary's CULT MOVIES 4?

OddsMkr711

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
This is fot the fans(like me) of the CULT MOVIES books by Danny Peary.

(1) Do you think the time's right for Peary to put together a fourth CULT
MOVIES book?

(2) If so, what movies should be in this book?

Bob Graham

Oct 16, 2000, 9:40:56 PM10/16/00
>(1) Do you think the time's right for Peary to put together a fourth CULT
>MOVIES book?

Absolutely!! I'd aso like to see him update "Guide for the Filmfanatic"!

Some films which could be included "Local Hero", "Emperor of the North","The
Full Monty", "Fast Times at Ridgemont High", "Showgirls", "The Sound of Music"
(and its re-birth as a karoke favorite"

Bob G.

Sssmith55

Oct 16, 2000, 11:18:32 PM10/16/00
Peary's Guide for the Film Fanatic has been my movie bible for years. I have
set a goal to see every film listed as "must see" and have finished about 2/3.
I would love to see any more books by him.

Steve Smith

Alexander DeLarge

Oct 17, 2000, 12:07:42 AM10/17/00
I would add a few films that have become cult classics since he published the
third volume:

MORE (the 1969 Barbet Schroeder film with the Pink Floyd soundtrack, one of my
alltime favorites)

ROMPER STOMPER (the one that brought Russell Crowe to the attention of many,
long before he went Hollywood)

BOOGIE NIGHTS (a modest box office success, it's only now getting the credit it
deserves for being a true masterpiece)

NATURAL BORN KILLERS (definitely cult)

LUNA (the rare 1979 Bertolucci incest drama, which has been getting a cult
following now that underground copies are available)

CALIFORNIA SPLIT (one of Altman's lesser known films that is considered by
many, including myself, to be his best)

BEGOTTEN (the Eraserhead of the 90s)

BAD LIEUTENANT (almost everything with Keitel could be called a cult film,
especially this over-the-top shocker)

There are many more, but just off the top of my head, those spring to mind.

Don

SUBTERRANEAN CINEMA

ultra-rare CULT / FOREIGN / EXPERIMENTAL films on video

http://www.geocities.com/subterraneancinema/index.htm

dami...@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2018, 8:25:35 AM4/15/18
On Monday, October 16, 2000 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, OddsMkr711 wrote:
> This is fot the fans(like me) of the CULT MOVIES books by Danny Peary.
>
> (1) Do you think the time's right for Peary to put together a fourth CULT
> MOVIES book?
>
> (2) If so, what movies should be in this book?

1)Yes.

2) BREWSTER McCLOUD
BEGOTTEN
DONNIE DARKO