movies about evil children

Jump Start

Apr 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/7/97

Scott Promish wrote:

> In article <33492E...@ic3.ithaca.edu>, wack...@ic3.ithaca.edu says...
> >
> >Jennifer Valley wrote:
> >>
> >> I don't know why, but this subject fascinates me...not teenagers like
> >> Carrie or Badlands or Heavenly Creatures or anything. Not religious like
> >> The Omen either. I mean evil kids that are just...normal-seeming kids
> >> (be they aliens or whatever) My favorites are The Bad Seed, Village of
> >> the Damned, and Emily May. can anyone suggest some other good ones?
> >> morbid fascination I guess...cause we all wished we'd killed our parents
> >> when no one would suspect...:)
> >
> >Alice, Sweet Alice (a horror classic-highly recommended) and Bloody
> >Birthday (a guilty pleasure) come to mind.
>
> CELIA (cheesily and misleadingly subtitled "Child of Terror" on the U.S.
> release.)

How about ISLAND OF THE DAMNED, a 1975 Spanish chiller (similar but much
better than the later CHILDREN OF THE CORN) in which a couple arrive on
an isolated island for a vacation and slowly discover that virtually the
entire adult population has been killed off by the island's children.
As I remember it, the pregnant wife dies at the end when the baby in her
stomach turns against her. Weird.

Jennifer Valley

Apr 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/7/97

brian gusse

Apr 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/7/97
to Jennifer Valley

There was one that came out in the late '70s or early '80s called "The
Children", about a busload of schoolchildren who pass through a radiation
cloud & are turned into killers. Wasn't very good, but it fits your bill.

brian

Bill Ackerman

Apr 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/7/97

Jennifer Valley wrote:

> I don't know why, but this subject fascinates me...not teenagers like
> Carrie or Badlands or Heavenly Creatures or anything. Not religious like
> The Omen either. I mean evil kids that are just...normal-seeming kids
> (be they aliens or whatever) My favorites are The Bad Seed, Village of
> the Damned, and Emily May. can anyone suggest some other good ones?
> morbid fascination I guess...cause we all wished we'd killed our parents
> when no one would suspect...:)

Alice, Sweet Alice (a horror classic-highly recommended) and Bloody
Birthday (a guilty pleasure) come to mind.

Bill
--
"May all your problems be little ones as one child molester say to the
other"

Scott Promish

Apr 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/8/97
>Jennifer Valley wrote:
>>
>> I don't know why, but this subject fascinates me...not teenagers like
>> Carrie or Badlands or Heavenly Creatures or anything. Not religious like
>> The Omen either. I mean evil kids that are just...normal-seeming kids
>> (be they aliens or whatever) My favorites are The Bad Seed, Village of
>> the Damned, and Emily May. can anyone suggest some other good ones?
>> morbid fascination I guess...cause we all wished we'd killed our parents
>> when no one would suspect...:)
>
>Alice, Sweet Alice (a horror classic-highly recommended) and Bloody
>Birthday (a guilty pleasure) come to mind.

CELIA (cheesily and misleadingly subtitled "Child of Terror" on the U.S.
release.)
--
"So weary, this straightjacket dreamer
So resigned to continue to suffer

LRL94

Apr 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/8/97

How about "The House That Dripped Blood". It's an Amicus anthology film
from the late sixties (I think all the stories were based on Robert
Bloch's work). One of the stories stars Christopher Lee as the father of
an angelic looking little blonde girl of whom he is absolutely terrified -
and with good reason. It's interesting, though, because you never really
know if she's inherently evil, or just behaves that way because her father
expects her to.

Keith Bailey

Apr 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/8/97

Bloody Birthday

Unknown Subject

Apr 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/8/97

In <334973...@worldnet.att.net> Jennifer Valley

<netd...@worldnet.att.net> writes:

>I don't know why, but this subject fascinates me...not teenagers like
>Carrie or Badlands or Heavenly Creatures or anything. Not religious
like
>The Omen either. I mean evil kids that are just...normal-seeming kids
>(be they aliens or whatever) My favorites are The Bad Seed, Village of

>the Damned, and Emily May. can anyone suggest some other good ones?
>morbid fascination I guess...cause we all wished we'd killed our
parents
>when no one would suspect...:)

LORD OF THE FLIES always struck me as "evil," though I understand
evilness wasn't what the film was about.

Laura Tiffany

Apr 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/8/97

In <334973...@worldnet.att.net> Jennifer Valley
<netd...@worldnet.att.net> writes:

>I don't know why, but this subject fascinates me...not teenagers like
>Carrie or Badlands or Heavenly Creatures or anything. Not religious
like
>The Omen either. I mean evil kids that are just...normal-seeming kids
>(be they aliens or whatever) My favorites are The Bad Seed, Village of

>the Damned, and Emily May. can anyone suggest some other good ones?
>morbid fascination I guess...cause we all wished we'd killed our
parents
>when no one would suspect...:)

The Good Son, with Macauly Culkin and Elijah Wood. not the greatest
film in the world but the ending is pretty wicked.

Philo D.

Apr 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/8/97

THE OTHER

Anonymous

Apr 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/8/97

In article <cwasser.4...@urz-mail.urz.uni-heidelberg.de>,
cwa...@urz-mail.urz.uni-heidelberg.de (Christian Wasser) wrote:

> My favourite : "The boy who cried bitch" (with Harley Cross, Karen Young and
> Moira Kelly)

Does anyone know why this is not on video in the US?

Philo D.

Apr 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/8/97

One of my favorite things is a movie that turns out to be about
an evil child, but I don't know that in advance. So it is a
surprise. This has happened to me (I think) three times so far.
Mentioning names here might spoil the surprise for some readers.
So some of them are mentioned below. (Quit reading now to avoid
spoilers...)

The Sailor that Fell from Grace with the Sea
Baxter
Afraid of the Dark

Christian Wasser

Apr 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/8/97

My favourite : "The boy who cried bitch" (with Harley Cross, Karen Young and
Moira Kelly)

Tschuess,
Christian

Message has been deleted

Dolores Neese

Apr 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/9/97

The Bad Seed!!!!!

Larry Sternshein

Apr 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/9/97

In article <334973...@worldnet.att.net>, Jennifer Valley
<netd...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>morbid fascination I guess...cause we all wished we'd killed our parents
>when no one would suspect...:)

You might like Mickey about a killer 8 year old or something. The poster
reads "Jason and Freddy were kids once." That should give you an idea what
the movie is about. Basicly, it's about the little boy from family ties who
kills like everybody and none of the adults have the brains to just rush him
and kick his ass.

Larry Sternshein

Faculty of Education

Apr 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/9/97

In article <5icott$e...@freenet-news.carleton.ca>, ca...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA
says...

>Bloody Birthday

Everyone is forgeting the best movies made about evil kids "Problem Child 1"
and "problem child 2" starring john ritter and gilbert godfried.

Chriwor

Apr 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/10/97

>There's a really obscure Spanish one whose title is something like: Who
>Could Kill a Child? or Would You Kill a Child? from the mid-1970's about
>couple trapped on an island where all of the children become maniacs and
>go on a killing spree, forcing the couple to fight their way off. Kind
of
>like Night of the Living Dead with children instead of zombies!! Really
>weird.

Now this sounds like my kind of movie! Where did you see it? Is
it available on tape?

Doctor Butcher, Medical Deviate

Apr 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/10/97

I remember seeing a film years ago on late night TV called "The
Children", about some toxic gas leak in a small town caused by a truck
crash, and kids breathe in the fumes and start biting everyone... There's
also a anthology called "Death House" (I think), and one of the stories
was about some grumpy old bitch who is harassed by these kids with really
bad mutant teeth who are hiding upstairs in her house.

William F. Picard

Philo D.

Apr 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/10/97

In article <19970410065...@ladder01.news.aol.com>, chr...@aol.com
(Chriwor) wrote:

> >There's a really obscure Spanish one whose title is something like: Who
> >Could Kill a Child? or Would You Kill a Child? from the mid-1970's about
> >couple trapped on an island where all of the children become maniacs and
> >go on a killing spree, forcing the couple to fight their way off. Kind
> of
> >like Night of the Living Dead with children instead of zombies!! Really
> >weird.
>

> Now this sounds like my kind of movie! Where did you see it? Is
> it available on tape?

¿Quién puede matar a un niño? (1976)
Spain 1976 Color
Also Known As:
Island of the Damned (1977)
Killer's Playground, The (1977)
Would You Kill a Child? (1977)

Directed by
Narciso Ibanez-Serrador

Cast (in alphabetical order)
María Luisa Arias
Lewis Flander
Miguel Narros
Marisa Porcel
Prunella Ransome .... Evelyn
Antonio Ranzo
Marián Salgado
Cristina Torres
Written by
Luis Penafiel
J.J. Plans (novel)

Me

Apr 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/10/97

"Village of the Damned" actually had a sequel, or so I have heard it
to be a sequel, called "Children of the Damned". It was a b/w film
made around the early 70s (??). I found the info when looking up
"Village of the Damned" in the 1992 "Movie Hound - Golden Retriever"
video guide thing. Very odd, with one evil mass of glowy-eyed
children. Taped it off cheesy late night cable about 5 years ago.

edwin colebunders

Apr 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/11/97

The omen (all of them)

Dolores Neese <dol...@crl.com> schreef in artikel
<5if011$d...@nexp.crl.com>...
> The Bad Seed!!!!!

Christopher Siciliano

Apr 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/11/97

Interview with the Vampire had the child vampire

Jennifer Valley

Apr 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/11/97

edwin colebunders wrote:

> Village of the damned

> Dolores Neese <dol...@crl.com> schreef in artikel
> <5if011$d...@nexp.crl.com>...
> > The Bad Seed!!!!!

Uh...I said Village (the new one, my all-time fave evil kid flack) and
Bad seed when I started this thread. I also like Emily May. A genius 8
year old kills everyone around her because they are idiots.

edwin colebunders

Apr 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/11/97

Iain Triffitt

Apr 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/12/97

On 10 Apr 1997 06:56:15 GMT, chr...@aol.com (Chriwor) wrote:
>>There's a really obscure Spanish one whose title is something like: Who
>>Could Kill a Child? or Would You Kill a Child? from the mid-1970's about
>>couple trapped on an island where all of the children become maniacs and
>>go on a killing spree, forcing the couple to fight their way off. Kind
>of
>>like Night of the Living Dead with children instead of zombies!! Really
>>weird.
>
>Now this sounds like my kind of movie! Where did you see it? Is
>it available on tape?

It was released in Australia (at least) under the title "Island of
Terror". Well worth seeking out.

Iain <trif@viper,net.au>

pflam...@aol.com

Apr 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/13/97

In article <01bc475f$31606f40$LocalHost@default>, "Ian J" <Sal...@btinternet.com> writes:

>What about the kid in Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory that always wanted
>everything!

VERUCA SALT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE that character!
"But I want it daddy! I want it NOW!"

Ron L.

Ian J

Apr 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/13/97

What about the kid in Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory that always wanted
everything!

Ian.
To ensure deliver / a reply please email: sal...@btinternet.com
Visit my home page : http://www.btinternet.com/~saltash/home.htm

Iain Triffitt <tr...@viper.net.au.no.spam.please> wrote in article
<334fff2e...@news.viper.net.au>...

JohnM

Apr 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/14/97

In article <334973...@worldnet.att.net>, Jennifer Valley
<netd...@worldnet.att.net> writes

You will enjoy the 1995 British film 'A Young Poisoner's Handbook' where
a teenager discovers that thallium is a pretty good poison and proceeds
to...well the title says it all.

------------- Real Headlines of Our Time # 32 ------

"Emerson Late and Parma"

(Middlesborough footballer Emerson late for club workout
because of negotiations with Italian club Parma)

Web site http://www.scroll.demon.co.uk/spaver.htm

Christina Stanley

Apr 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/14/97

On 9 Apr 1997 22:03:49 GMT, educ...@uregina.ca (Faculty of
Education) wrote:

>In article <5icott$e...@freenet-news.carleton.ca>, ca...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA
>says...
>>

>>Bloody Birthday
>

>Everyone is forgeting the best movies made about evil kids "Problem Child 1"
>and "problem child 2" starring john ritter and gilbert godfried.

How about the kid in "Bad Seed" -- I remember seeing some kind of
article about "At home with John Waters" and he had a framed picture
of the little minx on his desk.

Christina

50% Mary, 50% Rhoda

H8ER

Apr 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/25/97

Evil children movies?

Children, the (1980)

powerslave

Apr 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/25/97

Responding to: h8...@aol.com (H8ER)

Probably missed all the discussion on this subject, but:

The Omen
Village of the Damned
Village of the Damned (Remake)
9-----
9Twenty Bucks... same as in town.

Origin: Alpha Centauri BBS * 609-227-2101 * @600.FILEnet

TJ

Apr 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/25/97

David Laskowski wrote:
> (H8ER) wrote:
> >Evil children movies?
> >
> >Children, the (1980)
> >
> The Bad Seed (w/Patty McCormick)
> Claire
The Children's Hour
Rosemary's Baby

Lee Banyard

Apr 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/28/97

Robert Thomson (plo...@globalserve.net) wrote:
: > Evil children movies?
:
:
: Damien: Omen II
: The Good Son
: Mikey
: Dead Kids (?)

Home A-f***ing-lone

Lee

amanda elizabeth riley

Apr 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/28/97

In <336503...@globalserve.net> Robert Thomson

<plo...@globalserve.net> writes:

>> Evil children movies?
>

>Damien: Omen II
>The Good Son
>Mikey
>Dead Kids (?)

the exorcist
the bad seed
the good son
the brood

Robert Thomson

Apr 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/28/97

Robert Thomson

Apr 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/28/97

Lee Banyard wrote:

> Robert Thomson (plo...@globalserve.net) wrote:
> : > Evil children movies?
> Home A-f***ing-lone
>
> Lee
> Isn't that Gregg Araki's new flick?

J.N.Browndyke

Apr 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/29/97

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but the baddest kid
by-far was the little blond girl in "The Bad Seed." I still get
creeped-out by blond pigtails...

Jeff

Jeffrey N. Browndyke, M.A.
Ph.D. Student in Medical/Clinical Psychology
Louisiana State University Email: cog...@premier.net
Department of Psychology Fax: (504) 388-4125
236 Audubon Hall URL: http://www.premier.net/~cogito
Baton Rouge, LA. 70803

*Neuropsychology Central - http://www.premier.net/~cogito/neuropsy.html
*Online Neuropsychology Project - http://www.premier.net/~cogito/project/onp.html

Lisa McElroy

Apr 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/29/97

amanda elizabeth riley wrote:

> In <336503...@globalserve.net> Robert Thomson
> <plo...@globalserve.net> writes:
> >
> >> Evil children movies?
> >

> >Damien: Omen II
> >The Good Son
> >Mikey
> >Dead Kids (?)
>
> the exorcist
> the bad seed
> the good son
> the brood

The Other
Children of the Corn

Here's two that I can't remember the titles for:
A TV movie starring Valerie Harper whose evil daughter comes back to
haunt the family after dying in a car accident. She posseses her
sister who offs dad by throwing a blow dryer into the bath while
he's celebrating a Calgon moment.

A cheapie film was made from a very bad novel about a cute little
girl with blond curls who is left on a family's stoop and then
systematically kills the three kids in the family so she can have
the parents all to herself.

--lmm

edge...@tuna.net

May 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/5/97

Hre are a few more:

- Village of the Damned (and the sequel)
- The Crucible
- Lord of the Flies (although the lead boy is not evil by any means)

Vincent Pereira

May 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/7/97

There is a really good Spanish (I think) film from the early seventies
that I used to have a bootleg of. I think it was called WHO COULD KILL
A CHILD? originally, but my tape had a different title, and it was about
a couple vacationing on an island where all the children have gone evil
and killed off all the adults. It was really creepy.

O=======================================O
O VINCENT PEREIRA O
O vper...@monmouth.com O
O Vinkie...@hotmail.com O
O http://www.viewaskew.com/vincent.html O
O O
O Official motivator/technical guru O
O VIEW ASKEW Productions O
O O
O writer/director/editor O
O A BETTER PLACE O
O O
O Co-Producer O
O BIG HELIUM DOG O
O (production start 10/97) O
O O
O=======================================O

Posby

May 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/9/97

_The Innocents_, based on _The Turn of the Screw, filmed in 1961.
we just rented this lastnight. It was wonderfully creepy.

-Posbina

Some tiny creature, mad with wrath,
Is coming nearer on the path.
-Eduard Blutig

JTDEY

May 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/14/97

I think the one with Valerie Harper was called "Don't Go To Sleep." In
fact I'm pretty sure that it WAS.

Thumper916

May 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/15/97

"The Other" from the book by Tom Tryon,what a kick in the guts that was.

apk...@hotmail.com

Mar 29, 2018, 5:09:04 AM3/29/18
On Monday, April 7, 1997 at 4:30:00 PM UTC+9:30, Jump Start wrote:
> Scott Promish wrote:

> > >Alice, Sweet Alice (a horror classic-highly recommended) and Bloody
> > >Birthday (a guilty pleasure) come to mind.
> >
> > CELIA (cheesily and misleadingly subtitled "Child of Terror" on the U.S.
> > release.)
>
> How about ISLAND OF THE DAMNED, a 1975 Spanish chiller (similar but much
> better than the later CHILDREN OF THE CORN) in which a couple arrive on
> an isolated island for a vacation and slowly discover that virtually the
> entire adult population has been killed off by the island's children.
> As I remember it, the pregnant wife dies at the end when the baby in her
> stomach turns against her. Weird.

The Butcher Boy.