FLESH EATING FISH

COSINEVE

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

this spine chilling thriller has a strange twist another fish has stolen
the fishes idenity and goes on a rampage he starts to murder people and
eat there flesh mark ebert is on the hunt for this new fish he is being
blamed for these murders and is arrested the murders do not stop they
then continue he is released from prison he stalks and finds the fake
killer fish a brief struggle happens the fish pulls his nut and tells
the fake fish he does not give a fuck he can be the fish as a matter of
pollicy the police make him take a drug test he comes back hot and fired
he then puts his hands on his hips and sayes fuck it and heads to
the welfare office to get a medical card to get his nut fixed the end

Michael Brooke

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

COSINEVE (cosi...@postoffice.ptd.net) wrote:
: this spine chilling thriller has a strange twist another fish has stolen

Does anyone else find these posts as strangely mesmerising (albeit
completely incomprehensible) as I do?

They certainly beat "ID4 sucks!"

Michael

Ataru Moroboshi

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

Michael Brooke wrote:

> Does anyone else find these posts as strangely mesmerising (albeit
> completely incomprehensible) as I do?

As far as completely incomprehensible Usenet posts go, this guy's not
that bad.

Sure as hell beats most of the postings in soc.culture.japan...

> They certainly beat "ID4 sucks!"

Hear hear.

--
*-----Rev. Drew Webber-----aka Ataru
Moroboshi...@warwick.net-----*
| "Psychos do NOT explode when sunlight hits them.. I don't give a fuck
|
| how crazy they are!" - Seth, From Dusk till Dawn

|______________________*a SuPeRdEfOrMeD
Production*______________________|

Paul Rapp

Oct 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/18/96

-> From: COSINEVE <cosi...@postoffice.ptd.net>
-> Subject: FLESH EATING FISH
->
-> this spine chilling thriller has a strange twist another fish has
-> stolen the fishes idenity and goes on a rampage he starts to murder
-> people and eat there flesh mark ebert is on the hunt for this new
-> fish he is being
-> blamed for these murders and is arrested the murders do not stop they
-> then continue he is released from prison he stalks and finds the fake
-> killer fish a brief struggle happens the fish pulls his nut and tells
-> the fake fish he does not give a fuck he can be the fish as a matter
-> pollicy the police make him take a drug test he comes back hot and fi
-> he then puts his hands on his hips and sayes fuck it and heads to
-> the welfare office to get a medical card to get his nut fixed the end

Ever heard of a period? It's this character: "." See, it looks just
like a little dot. It's used to end sentences. Sentences begin with
a capitalized word and are ended with a period (.), question mark (?),
or exclaimation point (!) depending on the type if sentence. When
organized in this way, writing becomes much easier to read and
understand.

Mike Naylor

Oct 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/19/96

paul...@indiefilm.com (Paul Rapp) wrote:
>Ever heard of a period? It's this character: "." See, it looks just
>like a little dot. It's used to end sentences. Sentences begin with
>a capitalized word and are ended with a period (.), question mark (?),
>or exclaimation point (!) depending on the type if sentence. When
>organized in this way, writing becomes much easier to read and
>understand.

What an appalling lack of appreciation for what strikes me as a very unique
and effective writing style! Cosineve's run-on sentences and other
grammatical idiosyncrasies serve to convey a certain state of mind that is
essential to his fascinating narratives. This person is clearly a very
talented and imaginative writer.

Mike Naylor - Play 5 X 5 Poker at http://www.serve.com/games/

M. SIMLEY

Oct 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/19/96
> Mike Naylor - Play 5 X 5 Poker at http://www.serve.com/games/YEA YOU FRIGGEN AZZOLE

Michael Brooke

Oct 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/19/96

Paul Rapp (paul...@indiefilm.com) wrote:
: -> From: COSINEVE <cosi...@postoffice.ptd.net>

: -> Subject: FLESH EATING FISH
: ->
[...]

Why is it that half the time I read these pedantic corrections, the
person doing the correcting thinks that his *own* grasp of English is
so damn perfect that he can't be bothered to look up the spelling of
simple words like "exclamation" or the grammar of phrases like "the
type if sentence"?

In any case, I really really doubt the original post would have been
any more comprehensible if it had looked like this:

This spine chilling thriller has a strange twist. Another fish
has stolen the fish's identity and goes on a rampage. He starts
to murder people and eat their flesh. Mark Ebert is on the hunt
for this new fish. He is being blamed for these murders and is
arrested. The murders do not stop. They then continue. He is
released from prison. He stalks and finds the fake killer fish.
A brief struggle happens. The fish pulls his nut and tells the
fake fish he does not give a fuck - he can be the fish as a
matter of policy. The police make him take a drug test. He comes
back hot. He then puts his hands on his hips and says "fuck it"
and heads to the welfare office to get a medical card to get his
nut fixed. The end.

The deranged rambling stream-of-consciousness form "Cosineve" uses,
which you're so critical of (despite it being a perfectly legitimate
literary technique, as used by James Joyce and Samuel Beckett, among
countless others) is in fact utterly appropriate to the contents of
the post. It's not supposed to make any sense, and correcting grammar
and punctuation just makes it look ridiculous instead of mesmerisingly
surreal.

Michael

John M

Oct 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/19/96

In article: <961019105...@everyman.demon.co.uk> Michael Brooke
<mic...@everyman.demon.co.uk> writes:

> The deranged rambling stream-of-consciousness form "Cosineve" uses,
> which you're so critical of (despite it being a perfectly legitimate
> literary technique, as used by James Joyce and Samuel Beckett, among
> countless others)

Jack kerouac, William Burroughs ...

------------- Real Headlines of Our Time # 8 -----------

"Iraqi Head Seeks Arms"

Web site http://www.scroll.demon.co.uk/spaver.htm

John M

Oct 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/19/96

In article: <961015214...@everyman.demon.co.uk> Michael Brooke
<mic...@everyman.demon.co.uk> writes:

> COSINEVE (cosi...@postoffice.ptd.net) wrote:
> : this spine chilling thriller has a strange twist another fish has stolen
> : the fishes idenity and goes on a rampage he starts to murder people and
> : eat there flesh mark ebert is on the hunt for this new fish he is being
> : blamed for these murders and is arrested the murders do not stop they
> : then continue he is released from prison he stalks and finds the fake
> : killer fish a brief struggle happens the fish pulls his nut and tells
> : the fake fish he does not give a fuck he can be the fish as a matter of
> : pollicy the police make him take a drug test he comes back hot and fired
> : he then puts his hands on his hips and sayes fuck it and heads to
> : the welfare office to get a medical card to get his nut fixed the end

> Does anyone else find these posts as strangely mesmerising (albeit
> completely incomprehensible) as I do?
>
> They certainly beat "ID4 sucks!"
>
> Michael

Michael

I think the posts are plots of films and the poster is filling blanks
with 'fish'. He wants us to fill in the blanks. (see 'best love
scene' for Deliverance). Although I must say I have not
yet deciphered the meaning of Mark Ebert. Read the following with
blanks.

> : this spine chilling thriller has a strange twist another ....has stolen
> : the ...... identity and goes on a rampage he starts to murder people and
> : eat there flesh mark ebert is on the hunt for this new .... he is being
> : blamed for these murders and is arrested the murders do not stop they
> : then continue he is released from prison he stalks and finds the fake
> : killer .... a brief struggle happens the .... pulls his nut and tells
> : the fake .... he does not give a fuck he can be the .... as a matter of
> : policy the police make him take a drug test he comes back hot and fired
> : he then puts his hands on his hips and says fuck it and heads to
> : the welfare office to get a medical card to get his nut fixed the end

Note of course that I don't recognise the film

William F. Picard

Oct 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/21/96

Michael Brooke (mic...@everyman.demon.co.uk) wrote:

: Does anyone else find these posts as strangely mesmerising (albeit

: completely incomprehensible) as I do?

"Flesh Eating Fish" actually sounds kinda like a Joe D'Amato movie I saw
once.

;-)

Paul Rapp

Oct 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/23/96

[...]