Ted Curtis Mahshi from Indecent Exposure to perform with Barely Legal September 14th!

Nate

Aug 23, 2002, 7:53:06 PM8/23/02
Barely Legal is proud to announce that we will have the one and only Curtis
from Indecent Exposure playing Frank with us on Saturday, September 14th.
We're all very excited to have him performing with us, and hopefully some of
you can come see the show. More details to follow....

----

\/ \/ \/ \/ \/
M.F. SHARK!
/\ /\ /\ /\ /\

Nate Havoc
http://www.geocities.com/natesoisite/Home.html
Barely Legal, CA
www.barelylegal.rhps.org

KATHLEEN DALY

Sep 8, 2002, 8:54:06 PM9/8/02
In article <B98C18F2.34DE4%na...@adclub.com>, Nate <na...@adclub.com> says...
Hey kids! we are talkin the best damn Frank to ever grace a stage (besides Tim
Curry) if ya get a chance to go see Curtis on the 14 th, i would highly
recommend it, having the pleasure (and uuuuummmm pain) of working with him for
eons! Go and see him and you will be able to say you saw a piece of history in
action,also he is absolutely fabulous, and you will kick yourself if you miss
it!!

P.T. Nash

Sep 8, 2002, 8:58:02 PM9/8/02
You all owe it to yourself to find a way to catch this man's performance! I
saw Ted Curtis perform his emaculate portrayal of the sumptuous Dr.Frank
N'Furter when he started out way back at the El Rey Cinema in Downtown Walnut
Creek, (San Francisco East Bay Area) in California in the late 1970's and then
not again was I able to find him until close to the final time of what was
considered, at that time, the reigning RHPS performing cast of Indecent
Exposure in Berkeley, CA in 1993!

My God, this is the show you will want to see! If I weren't at the opposite
end of the planet now....I would love to be there for this. This has to be 25
years for his standing as best of Rocky Horror performers!

.... All the best to you on the 14th of September! Cheers, Tim

--
I'll be there in just a few minutes.

DrDimitri

Sep 9, 2002, 12:05:16 AM9/9/02
Yes..having Curtis grace our stage will be a blast. I've always wanted to
perform with him. NOW, I get the chance to perform not only with him..but we'll
be swapping throughout the show. =)

Marc Berman "Still the National Jew of Rocky Horror"
Frank/Rocky
Actor w/ Barely Legal, Oakland, CA
Alumni:Erotic Nightmares,Bawdy Caste,Cosmic Light,Under Sedation
drdi...@aol.com
http://www.barelylegal.rhps.org
Awarded "Biggest Nut on the Net"

Lynn Schultze

Sep 9, 2002, 12:09:58 AM9/9/02
OMG!!!! TED CURTIS MASHI???? PERFORMING AGAIN???? EVERYONE GRAB YOUR EYELINER
AND FISHNETS, THIS IS A SHOW YOU WON'T WANNA MISS!!!!

i was introduced to this man in the 80's, and let me tell you, nobody can do
frankie like curtis does frankie!!! i am really looking forward to this, and
you can bet i'll be there, front and center!!

Richard Davidson

Sep 9, 2002, 2:26:30 AM9/9/02
In article <3992i88ujx...@news.rockynewsgroup.org>,
KATHLEEN DALY <redd...@aol.com> says...

> Hey kids! we are talkin the best damn Frank to ever grace a stage
(besides Tim
> Curry) if ya get a chance to go see Curtis on the 14 th, i would highly
> recommend it, having the pleasure (and uuuuummmm pain) of working
with him for
> eons!

While many of us can agree with you, not a lot of us have been doing it as
long as you have. ; )

Go and see him and you will be able to say you saw a piece of history in
> action,also he is absolutely fabulous, and you will kick yourself if you
miss
> it!!

I know that I'll be there and it sounds like there are going to be a bunch of
ex-IE members in the house too. It'll be a blast...

--
See you round like a record,
Richard Davidson

On the 10th take, the line of direction that drove it to the excellence that it is
for Jason was, "Do it like Daffy Duck".

- Kevin Smith on how he got the reaction he wanted out of Jason Mewes
during the filming of DOGMA.

KATHLEEN DALY

Sep 9, 2002, 1:52:16 PM9/9/02
In article <14i4mou9t8q...@news.rockynewsgroup.org>, Richard Davidson
<rich...@earthlink.net> says...

> In article <3992i88ujx...@news.rockynewsgroup.org>,
> KATHLEEN DALY <redd...@aol.com> says...
>
> > Hey kids! we are talkin the best damn Frank to ever grace a stage
> (besides Tim
> > Curry) if ya get a chance to go see Curtis on the 14 th, i would highly
> > recommend it, having the pleasure (and uuuuummmm pain) of working
> with him for
> > eons!
>
> While many of us can agree with you, not a lot of us have been doing it as
> long as you have. ; )
> Ok, Rich, if you're calling me old, Don,t forget, I'll be there saturday
night.....if you are nice I might let you live......hehehe! Kisses....Kat

Richard Davidson

Sep 9, 2002, 4:53:06 PM9/9/02
In article <1efs026lkx9...@news.rockynewsgroup.org>, KATHLEEN DALY
<redd...@aol.com> says...

> > Ok, Rich, if you're calling me old, Don,t forget, I'll be there saturday

> night.....if you are nice I might let you live......hehehe! Kisses....Kat

Oh... like I'm scared of you... ; )

And you don't forget the possibility of bringing along all of the IE photos you
told me about so that I can use them on the site.

KATHLEEN DALY

Sep 10, 2002, 12:34:19 PM9/10/02
In article <5iju0frtml...@news.rockynewsgroup.org>, Richard Davidson
<rich...@earthlink.net> says...

> In article <1efs026lkx9...@news.rockynewsgroup.org>, KATHLEEN DALY
> <redd...@aol.com> says...
>
> > > Ok, Rich, if you're calling me old, Don,t forget, I'll be there saturday
> > night.....if you are nice I might let you live......hehehe! Kisses....Kat
>
> Oh... like I'm scared of you... ; )
>
> And you don't forget the possibility of bringing along all of the IE photos
you
> told me about so that I can use them on the site.
>haha..... ya better be!! ill see what i can dig up and drag along with me,not
negatives right? just pics?? Kisses;)

PriscellaQ

Sep 11, 2002, 12:52:21 AM9/11/02
>I saw Ted Curtis perform his emaculate portrayal of the sumptuous Dr.Frank
>N'Furter when he started ... in the late 1970's

...Of course Curtis was the tender age of 6 when he began his career, right?

Good luck guys. Sorry I can't be there!!!
Jaimie

Richard Davidson

Sep 11, 2002, 3:57:32 AM9/11/02
In article <sw53e3xsup...@news.rockynewsgroup.org>,
KATHLEEN DALY <redd...@aol.com> says...

> >haha..... ya better be!! ill see what i can dig up and drag along with

me,not
> negatives right? just pics??

Pictures are definately the way to go. : )

DrDimitri

Sep 11, 2002, 7:03:56 AM9/11/02

Thanx, Jaimie. We'll have you in our thoughts.

Marc Berman "Still the National Jew of Rocky Horror"
Frank/Rocky
Actor w/ Barely Legal, Oakland, CA

P.T. Nash

Sep 13, 2002, 4:24:48 PM9/13/02
> Barely Legal is proud to announce that we will have the one and only Curtis
> from Indecent Exposure playing Frank with us on Saturday, September 14th.
> We're all very excited to have him performing with us, and hopefully some of
> you can come see the show. More details to follow....
>
> \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
> M.F. SHARK!
> /\ /\ /\ /\ /\
>
> Nate Havoc
> http://www.geocities.com/natesoisite/Home.html
> Barely Legal, CA
> www.barelylegal.rhps.org

This is unbelievable! I just secured a roundtrip ticket to the Oakland airport
for under $100! I am coming for the show at the Parkway Theater tomorrow
night! I never thought that I would be able to see Curtis do his show ever
again. Please save me a seat in the front row! .....just left of center,
please... WHOO HOO!!

KATHLEEN DALY

Sep 14, 2002, 2:00:49 AM9/14/02
In article <1bzxf1yx71y...@news.rockynewsgroup.org>, P.T. Nash
>Hello! my name is Kat, and i am Curtis' dresser....$$100 round trip? from
where? We probably have met sometime in the past, as my friendship with Curt
goes back some twenty three years......God! i guess im gettin old!!Any way I'll
be happy to save you a seat, since you have gone through so much to get here
from your end of the planet...... do try to arrive early, as the theatre is
small and we expect a large crowd, plus alumni from Indecent Exposure, so seats
are at a minimum.....but ill do my best...look for me, ill be the one with red
hair,,chasing him and his stuff all over!! see ya tomorrow!!

DrDimitri

Sep 14, 2002, 9:08:19 AM9/14/02
redd13kat writes:
>Hello! my name is Kat, and i am Curtis' dresser....$$100 round trip? from
>where? We probably have met sometime in the past, as my friendship with Curt
>goes back some twenty three years......God! i guess im gettin old!!Any way
I'll be happy to save you a seat, since you have gone through so much to get
here from your end of the planet...... do try to arrive early, as the theatre
is small and we expect a large crowd, plus alumni from Indecent Exposure, so
seats are at a minimum.....but ill do my best...look for me, ill be the one
with red hair,,chasing him and his stuff all over!! see ya tomorrow!!

You'll be chasing him to help him change? This will HAVE to be cleared with our
cast directors first. Especially since I will be using MY area still also. I am
the resident Frank. I know it's difficult to have the back area to change in
with others running through constantly. Let alone if anyone else is trying to
there as well.

Richard Davidson

Sep 14, 2002, 11:06:58 AM9/14/02
In article <20020914090819...@mb-fk.aol.com>,
drdi...@aol.com (DrDimitri) says...
> redd13kat writes:

> Especially since I will be using MY area still also. I am
> the resident Frank. I know it's difficult to have the back area to change in
> with others running through constantly. Let alone if anyone else is trying
> there as well.

Don't panic. Take it from me. She's been helping Curtis get ready for as
long as I can remember. She knows when to be there and when to get out
of the way.

DrDimitri

Sep 14, 2002, 10:35:32 PM9/14/02
>kynewsgroup.org>

>In article <20020914090819...@mb-fk.aol.com>,
>drdi...@aol.com (DrDimitri) says...
>> redd13kat writes:
>
>> Especially since I will be using MY area still also. I am
>> the resident Frank. I know it's difficult to have the back area to change
>in
>> with others running through constantly. Let alone if anyone else is trying
>> there as well.
>
>Don't panic. Take it from me. She's been helping Curtis get ready for as
>long as I can remember. She knows when to be there and when to get out
>of the way.
>
>--
>See you round like a record,
>Richard Davidson

I know she has, Richard. Not panicking.
Actually, I talked to Bridgid today and we've already figured out where Curtis
will be getting ready. Everything is cool. =)

visil...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2017, 3:23:35 PM11/5/17
I realize this post is from 15 years ago, but I'm trying to get in touch with Ted Curtis. Would you happen to know his address? Wanted to send him a greeting card and surprise him.

visil...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2017, 3:25:20 PM11/5/17
Would you happen to know of a way to get in touch with Ted? I'm an old friend of his from Berkeley