Tucson Queens of the Desert Info!!! and lots of it!

RHPS314

Sep 25, 2005, 9:04:42 PM9/25/05

On Saturday Night
THE ROCKY HOROR PICTURE SHOW
with National All Star "Shadow" Cast

PRE-SHOW PERFORMANCES
by RHPS casts from around the nation
Special Pre Show Performance Directed
By SAL PIRO

ROCKY HORROR & HEDWIG COSTUME CONTESTS
Screen Accurate and Most Creative Prize Categories
Saturday at 6pm

*All films will be projected from 35mm film onto Tucson¹s largest
indoor
movie screen.
Accompanied stage performances by some of the most dedicated and
talented
fans in the world.

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
THURSDAY
DAY EARLY CHECK IN at the Best Western, Executive Inn
NO OFFICIAL "CONVENTION" EVENTS ON THIS DAY

COME TO TUCSON ONE DAY EARLY
AND/OR STAY ONE DAY LATER
It¹s the same rate October 12-15, 2006
$55 per day ­ per room, per day
1-4 persons per room (King or two Doubles)
For Reservations Call:
1(520) 791-7551, 1-800-255-3371
Mention "ROCKY HORROR CONVENTION"
Check In: 3pm till 6pm (call if your going to be late)

EARLY CONVENTION REGISTRATION
In the Sonoran Dining Room
3pm to 9pm

EARLY WELCOME and Low Key (no host) Cocktails and Reception
Unwind, meet friends early and scope the place out.
Visit the bar or go swimming in the pool.
Non-alcoholic refreshments and finger snacks available.
4pm till 10pm

FRIDAY at the Best Western, Executive Inn
CONVENTION DAY ONE

HOTEL CHECK IN
$55 per day ­ per room
1-4 persons per room (King or two Doubles)
Mention "ROCKY HORROR CONVENTION"
Check In: 3pm till 6pm (call if your going to be late)

CONVENTION REGISTRATION
Sonoran Dining Room -- The Best Western
Check In time for costume contest contestants,
Hedwig and RHPS cast performers, and pre show
Performance Directors
3pm to 9pm

ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW
Costumes and Rare Movie Memorabilia Sale
Raffle Ticket Sales
4pm to 9pm

WELCOME PARTY and CONVENTION REGISTRAION
5pm to 10pm at the Best Western, Executive Inn
Music, Dancing, Performances, Strange Games
Fully Stocked Cash Bar (for those over 21 with valid ID)
4pm to 10pm

CONVENTION INTRO BY SAL PIRO
7pm

PRE SHOW PERFROMANCES PART ONE
7:15pm

STRANGE GAMES AND PRIZES
7:30pm

HEDWIG AND RHPS COSTUME CONTEST REGISTRATION
8pm

MEMORABILLIA AUCTION
8:15pm

MUSIC, REFRESHMENT, DANCE, AND ROMANCE
9pm

PRE SHOW PERFROMANCES PART TWO
LAST CALL FOR US AT THE BEST WESTERN
9:30pm

Exit / Wrap up Ball Room and DRIVE TO THE LOFT CINEMA
3233 East Speedway Blvd., just East of Country Club Rd.
(On the left on your way from the Best Western)
10pm

*Meet assigned "Designated Drivers". Car pools, pirate vans, and Taxis
available.
Please inquire within.

Arrive at the Loft Cinema¹s Red Carpet entrance
Convention Guests are escourted into the theater
Promptly before the local patrons arrive
10:30pm

MUSIC, REFRESHMENT, DANCE, AND ROMANCE
Enjoy The Loft Cinema¹s patio, lobby and theater seating.
Beer and wine available at the snack bar

OPEN MAIN THEATER TO LOCAL GENERAL PUBLIC (If any tickets are left)
*RATED R. Under 17 years old-- Not admitted without Parent or Guardian.
11pm

WELCOME GENERAL AUDIENCE AND SPECIAL GUESTS
11:15pm

HEDWIG COSTUME PARRADE AND PRIZE JUDGING
11:30pm

HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY INCH
With National All Star "Shadow Cast"
Midnight to ???

SATURDAY at the Best Western, Executive Inn
CONVENTION DAY TWO

CATERED BUFFET BREAKFAST "Rise and Shine, Princess
Included in ticket price
Breakfast served late --Just for us
11am to 3pm

SATURDAY at THE LOFT CINEMA
ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW
Costumes and Rare Movie Memorabilia Sale
4pm to 9pm

Costume Contest Contestant Check In
5pm

COSTUME CONTEST PART ONE
Introduce Judges and begin
6pm

SAL PIRO INTRODUCES GUESTS AND PERFORMENCES
FINAL RAFFLE SALES
7pm

PRE SHOW PERFROMANCES PART THREE
7:15pm

COSTUME CONTEST PART TWO
7:30pm

SAL¹S RAFFLE DRAWING
8:30pm

COSTUME CONTEST PART THREE -- CONTEST WINNERS ANNOUNCED
8:45pm

MUSIC, DANCE & REFERESHMENT
9pm

PRESHOW PERFROMANCES PART FOUR
Ending with Special Pre Show number directed by Sal Piro
10pm

MUSIC, REFRESHMENT, DANCE, AND ROMANCE
Enjoy The Loft Cinema¹s patio, lobby and theater seating.
Beer and wine available at the snack bar
10:30pm

Convention Guests are escourted into seats promptly,
before the local RHPS patrons arrive
10:45pm

OPEN MAIN THEATER TO GENERAL PUBLIC (If any tickets are left)
DJ MUSIC, DANCE & REFERESHMENT
11:pm

VIRGIN SACRIFICE CEREMONY
11:30pm

THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW
*RATED R. Under 17 years old-- Not admitted without Parent or Guardian.
Midnight -- Until?

CONVENTION EVENT PASS (Laminate Badge)
All events -- $75 for one person, or $140 for two people

THREE WAYS TO BUY YOUR CONVENTION PASS
Send a personal CHECK or MONEY ORDER

Pay to the Order of
Charles A. Brown
223 West Knox Drive
Tucson, Arizona 85705

YOU MUST RELAY THIS INFORMATION TO US
WHEN PURCHASING CONVENTION TICKETS
... Specify who you are and where your ticket confirmation should be
sent
(snail mail)
... Include contact phone numbers, email address, and special request
information
... Do you want to enter Hedwig or RHPS costume contest?
... Do you want to reserve a vendor table?
... Would you like to but a convention T-shirt?
... Would your cast like to perform a pre show performance?

CREDIT CARD BY PHONE
Call: (520) 293-7881, toll free 1-888 558-1708
Charge will appear on you account from "The Loft Cinema"

PAY BY CASH
Go in person to the Loft Cinema
3233 East Speedway Blvd. Tucson, Arizona
(1 block East of Country Club)

QUEENS OF THE DESERT LOGO TEE SHIRTS (black)
$20 each (most sizes available)

VENDER TABLES AVAILABLE
$20 each (reserve in advance)
1(520) 293-7881

COVENTION HOTEL / SPECIAL FIXED RATE
$55 per night / October 12 through October 14, 2006
MUST MENTION: ROCKY HORROR CONVENTION
Call 1.800.255.3371, or 520.791.3371 for reservations

Visit THE EXECUITIVE INN on the Web www.bwinns.com
Visit in person -- 333 West Drachman Street (at Stone)
Tucson, Arizona 85705

HOTEL STAY INCLUDES
o Extended Conenental Breakfast
o Modern oversized guest rooms
o 1 to 4 person occupant
o King or two Double beds
o Heated pool and spa
o Comfortable lounge
o Optional 2 room suites
o Data ports and high-speed internet access in select rooms
o 54 Channel Cable with HBO and MTV
o Coffee/Tea maker in every room
o Private balcony or patio
o 3pm Check In, Noon Check Out

SUNDAY at the Best Western, Executive Inn
NO OFFICIAL EVENTS ­ The same amazing $55 a day rate applies
For Reservations Call:
1(520) 791-7551, 1-800-255-3371

* It could be a good time to see the desert southwest. We would be glad
give you suggestions for great destinations. Stay tuned to
http://www.tucsonrockyhorror for more convention details as the happen

Bill

Sep 26, 2005, 2:32:11 AM9/26/05
Sounds like another great Tucson con! :)

Bill " misses Arizona a LOT " Brennan

Sean Twomey

Sep 26, 2005, 11:09:34 AM9/26/05
OMG... No Shocky??? No Judge Wright costume? Whatever will I do with all
that empty space in my luggage? :-O

I may be forced to resort to buying cheap tourist crap to fill it with...
;-) Sigh...I was strong, I brought home not one single thing labelled New
York, Orlando, or Las Vegas....And now I'll be bringing home three dozen
plastic cactii and a stuffed gila monster... <shakes head in disbelief>

(Or I could just bring Marv or Hellboy with me... hmmm...trenchcoats in the
desert...)

ST

"RHPS314" <Ndcn...@aol.com> wrote in message

*All films will be projected from 35mm film onto Tucsonąs largest

indoor
movie screen.
Accompanied stage performances by some of the most dedicated and
talented
fans in the world.

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
THURSDAY
DAY EARLY CHECK IN at the Best Western, Executive Inn
NO OFFICIAL "CONVENTION" EVENTS ON THIS DAY

COME TO TUCSON ONE DAY EARLY
AND/OR STAY ONE DAY LATER

Itąs the same rate October 12-15, 2006

MEMORABILLIA AUCTION
8:15pm

Arrive at the Loft Cinemaąs Red Carpet entrance

Convention Guests are escourted into the theater
Promptly before the local patrons arrive
10:30pm

MUSIC, REFRESHMENT, DANCE, AND ROMANCE

Enjoy The Loft Cinemaąs patio, lobby and theater seating.

SALąS RAFFLE DRAWING
8:30pm

COSTUME CONTEST PART THREE -- CONTEST WINNERS ANNOUNCED
8:45pm

MUSIC, DANCE & REFERESHMENT
9pm

PRESHOW PERFROMANCES PART FOUR
Ending with Special Pre Show number directed by Sal Piro
10pm

MUSIC, REFRESHMENT, DANCE, AND ROMANCE

Enjoy The Loft Cinemaąs patio, lobby and theater seating.

oldsp...@att.net

Sep 26, 2005, 12:52:09 PM9/26/05
I talked to Charley last night and it sounds like this is going to be
another well organised con in Tucson!! I love that Hedwig is included.
This sounds great!
And last time all I brought home was a dancing cactus that played that
awful mariachi music. I got it as a gag gift for a friend who is
Mexican-American and I never saw him laugh so much over anything! It
was truely an insane souvenir.
So, yeah, Tucson 2006!!!
Rock on!!
Bev