News on Rocky Horror 2 from THE MAN Himself!

Martin A. Fairgrieve

Oct 23, 2001, 9:31:49 PM10/23/01
Hi there guys,
The hot news from the weekend that Richard gave us (Ruth FW and Myself -
and at points to the assembled masses in Fab Cafe Manchester!)
are:

* The Rocky Horror 2 script is done. It's an early draft, but it's
complete.
Richard says he still wants to do it on stage. Richard asked Terry Jones
(of Monty Python fame) to comment on the script, he described it as a
"Ripping read!" But, as did Richard the second act needs tiding up - It
is set 9 months after the events of "Rocky..."1 and Janet is pregnant -
Who is the Father????

* Columbia and Frank and Rocky will return!! (Eddie will not. Sorry.)

* Richard actually sang a song from the sequel at a charity appearance
at
the Fab Cafe, called "I'm Not Dead Yet" (sung by Frank). No, we don't
have
audio copies--we wish we did!

*Richard also said he is going to LA to talk with Lou and Fox about -
get
this! - a TV movie remake (!) of the film. He says it would start again

from the play script, keeping the same basic story but with some
possible
rewriting of the script. He told us after his gig at the cafe that he
thinks what Fox wants is something to showcase American actors for the
domestic market.The budget is to be $8million--remember, the original
film was done for $1M(though that was 26 years ago).

*Richard's preference? He'd like to see an animated version, and said
if it
were up to him, he'd have the animators do it who did "Nightmare Before
Christmas."

A really cool and funky idea - IMHO!!!

Thanks to Ruth for some of the words there!
Hope you like those little titbits, and he may have more news at the LA
shows this weekend coming.

The charity auction did not feature any movie or stage play props, but I
was told (Not by Richard) that last year he auctioned off Columbia's
film TAP SHOES.

Speak soon (a full digest of the weekends events will be given to
"Crazed..." for a future issue look out for that.

All the best from Scotland, MARTY

"'The Time Has Come',the Walrus said
'To speak of many things'"

Lewis Carrol -
Alice Through the Looking Glass

Web site - http://members.tripod.com/~TARDISpilot/index.html

BertSchnik

Oct 24, 2001, 7:15:52 AM10/24/01

HOOOOO-FUCKING-PLAAAAAAAA!!!!

This is gonna rock. Im really hoping they go for the "Nightmare Before
Christmas" idea over live actors: no matter who they use with live performers,
it will never be like or equal the film. After all, we all have the film to
compare them with, y'know?

How will Frank and Columbia come back to life? I have a suspicion that good
old fashioned Transylvanian science will have a hand in that!

Who is the father of Janets baby? If we go by the film, then its Frank. After
all, he slept with Janet first. That is, if Transylvanians and Terrans can
concieve a child together. If not, then Rocky is the dad as his parts are made
in the USA. (hmmm, CAN Rocky reproduce? That may be an editorial for Crazed
Imaginations one day...)

Thanks for the update, Martin and Ruth!

Bill

Martin A. Fairgrieve

Oct 24, 2001, 8:10:58 AM10/24/01
> This is gonna rock. Im really hoping they go for the "Nightmare Before
> Christmas" idea over live actors: no matter who they use with live performers,
> it will never be like or equal the film. After all, we all have the film to
> compare them with, y'know?

I must concur, but with a budget of only $M8 I am sure the animation will be out
side they pay pack (Unfortunately).

> How will Frank and Columbia come back to life? I have a suspicion that good
> old fashioned Transylvanian science will have a hand in that!

Well all the characters that are to return were killed by Riff's ray gun! Were they
dead or just put into suspended animation?????

> Who is the father of Janets baby? If we go by the film, then its Frank. After
> all, he slept with Janet first. That is, if Transylvanians and Terrans can
> concieve a child together. If not, then Rocky is the dad as his parts are made
> in the USA.

Were they? Could Rocky not have been brought from Transylvania as a self assembly
package?

> (hmmm, CAN Rocky reproduce? That may be an editorial for Crazed
> Imaginations one day...)

What about Brad, he after all took the tramp home after the events and there is the
possibility he would have slept with her once they got home, no????

Just my $0.02
Marty

BertSchnik

Oct 24, 2001, 9:43:05 AM10/24/01

<Where they dead or just put into suspended animation???>

I would opt for killed..after all, a beam of pure anti-matter should have
made toast of anything. Of course an anti-matter reaction would also blow away
a good portion of the surrouding geography, as well.

Umm, Riff borrowed a "stun" setting from the boys who make phasers for the
Federation of planets and only stunned them?

<Could Rocky not have been brought from Transylvania as a self assembly
package?>

I dont think so-Ive always like the idea of Frank and Riffraff doing a Mary
Shelly's "Frankenstein" number and digging up body parts from the graveyards
and using the raw material.
(Plus-why come all the way to earth to build Rocky when Frank could have done
it back home on Transexual?)

<What about Brad, there is the possibility that he could have slept with her

once they got home, no???">

God, I hope so! Poor Brad deserves a little lovin' from Janet. ('specially
since Rocky and Frank slipped it into her before Brad did, and they werent even
dating her!)

But I would tend to think Frank is the father. After all, he was in there
first, and once a spern inseminates and egg, the egg's membrane wont allow
another sperm in. Again, assuming Frank and indeed produce a kid with Janet.
Rocky is next, but wether he can reproduce is debatable. But Frank wouldnt make
a creation that wasnt perfect in every way (except for the half-a-brain thing)
would he?

Hmm, but as the only %100 human, maybe Brad IS the father...time, and Richard
O'Brien, will tell us! :)

Thanks again Marty, you and Emma and the rest of the Forks rule all of
Scotland!

Luv ya!

Bill

Larry Viezel

Oct 24, 2001, 10:28:08 AM10/24/01
In article <20011024094305...@mb-fk.aol.com>, berts...@aol.com
(BertSchnik) says...

> <Where they dead or just put into suspended animation???>
>
> I would opt for killed..after all, a beam of pure anti-matter should have
> made toast of anything. Of course an anti-matter reaction would also blow away
> a good portion of the surrouding geography, as well.
>
> Umm, Riff borrowed a "stun" setting from the boys who make phasers for the
> Federation of planets and only stunned them?

He also could have just plain lied to Brad, Janet and Dr. Scott. While this was
an enourmous life changing even for the earthlings, this might have just been a
run of the mill way to get Frank laid. Maybe they toured the universe with this
whole theatrical flamboyant display (comeplete with musical numbers) just so
Frank can get some interplanetary intercourse action. Af after Riff "shoots"
Frank with the "laser" and the house takes off, Frank stands up and says "Okay,
where to next?"

> I dont think so-Ive always like the idea of Frank and Riffraff doing a Mary
> Shelly's "Frankenstein" number and digging up body parts from the graveyards
> and using the raw material.
> (Plus-why come all the way to earth to build Rocky when Frank could have
> done it back home on Transexual?)

Because its essential to the plot.

> God, I hope so! Poor Brad deserves a little lovin' from Janet. ('specially
> since Rocky and Frank slipped it into her before Brad did, and they werent
> even dating her!)

Yeah, Brad got his and he enjoyed it. While Frank does sleep with Janet so as
not to be all the way gay, Brad loves the cock.

> But I would tend to think Frank is the father...

I read in a interview he wrote somewhere that Frank is indeed the Father. It
makes for a much more interesting movie that way.

Larry

Margaret

Oct 24, 2001, 1:24:18 PM10/24/01
I was at the fab cafe too that night (You may remeber me, I was at the table
full of loud women [I had just met them], and I bought the cd for £10. [Tis
£16 in the shops])

Anyway, I was very excited about the news of Rocky Horror two, and so
pleased to hear Frank is comming (as always) back. My ideal dream would be
to have Tim Curry back in the role, but the likelyhood of that is very slim
by my rekoning (damnit... Janet)...

An animated RHPS would be fantastic, I can just picture it now (again, Tim
Curry's voice is very predominant...

-------

Margaret (aka Tim Curry's Slut)

'A Mental Mind Fuck Can Be Nice' -- Tim Curry, RHPS, Planet Shmanet Janet

'I'll belt you around the mouth, and mouth you around the belt' -- Richard
O'Brien, RHPS Radio advert

Ruth Fink-Winter

Oct 25, 2001, 1:32:32 AM10/25/01
Richard has always maintained that Frank is the father. He stated this in
several interviews he did when his album came out. So I'm fairly confident
of that.

Many thanks to Marty for not immediately posting the news so that we could
get it out to the Crazed Imaginations email list first. To join, please
email me at ru...@crazedimaginations.com . We don't always have scoops like
this, but sometimes we do...subscribers got the poop on the Virgin signing,
an electronic color photo of Pat from a signing in Sydney, and a candid of
Columbia in her American Gothic costume, and now this. We try to do right
by the folks that support us; we do appreciate it.

OK, end of commercial. :-)

We did get that Richard interview I've been wanting to get for approximately
forever. He talks about his stage career ("They Used to Be in Movies" as
Mickey Mouse with Nell as Minnie; she didn't remember this at the NYC con; T
Zee; Little Shop of Horrors); his audio career (recording the Richard
O'Brien Crusade version of "There's a Light"; information on a picture
sleeve for Kimi and Ritz; what Ritz things is the best thing he ever wrote);
his philosophy on money; his least favorite interview question; and
more...we'll print that in an issue or two once I get caught up! (Single
copies $3.50 in US; $4.50 in Canada; $5 elsewhere; we accept US currency and
PayPal; write to inquire about paying in UK pounds or French francs.)

Best wishes,
--
Ruth Fink-Winter - Finally in France
Editor, Crazed Imaginations: By Rocky Fans, for Rocky Fans

"BertSchnik" <berts...@aol.com> wrote in message

Kell Bakker

Oct 24, 2001, 5:34:41 PM10/24/01
Someone needs to dig that one thread up where we picked out actors for
the re-make and fax it to Richard O' Brian or something.

I'm all for seeing Brendan Frasier as Brad!!!!!

Frasier Groupie
Kell L. Bakker
http://jldenton.topcities.com
"How many times do I got to tell you people? I'm ALL ABOUT THE CLAM!"
~~Jay

CHEFLARK

Oct 24, 2001, 9:26:40 PM10/24/01
what about gynith paltro as janet

Kelley
"Check ya later, Betty. Gotta freshin' up"

Atlas

Oct 24, 2001, 11:03:09 PM10/24/01
Janet: It's all like some terrible dream
Audience: Live theatre

--
Atlas
RH in NE Webslave

Red, White, and Blue
Gaze in your looking glass
You're not a child anymore
Red, White, and Blue
The future is all that lasts
So lift up your heart and make a new start
Lead us away from here
Suite Madame Blue, Styx

And it puzzle me to learn
That tho' a man may be in doubt of what he know,
Very quickly he will fight...
He'll fight to prove that what he does not know is so!
A Puzzlement, The King and I

You're going to find that a great many of the truths
we cling to depend greatly on your point of view
Obi-Wan Kenobi, Return o/t Jedi

The first casualty of war is the truth
Unknown

Sean Twomey

Oct 25, 2001, 12:28:33 AM10/25/01
"Kell Bakker" <rrwi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Someone needs to dig that one thread up where we picked out actors for
> the re-make and fax it to Richard O' Brian or something.

*One* thread? (must've been a slow week...) ;-)

ST

Beverly Gerrish

Oct 25, 2001, 12:31:55 AM10/25/01
This is wonderful news!! But I dont want the original cast to return, no matter
they wont anyway. I'd like to see the animated version myself, but a budget of
8 mil makes that a practical impossibility. Given that budget, a straight to TV
movie is far more likely, I forsee something popping up on VH1 round about
Halloween next year.
My guess for Frank would be Eric McCormick, who did such a spectacular job at
the 25th, is a known TV star, AND professed to Jeff Cook and myself the desire
to take on the role at any time. AND he looked terrific in the costume!!
Lets speculate on what TV stars might get cast. I threw out my choice for
Frank, now its your turn. Dont forget, they MUST sing!!
Bev

--
Give yourself over to Absolute Pleasure T-Shirts!!

Liz S.

Oct 25, 2001, 1:57:48 AM10/25/01
>Someone needs to dig that one thread up where we picked out actors for
>the re-make and fax it to Richard O' Brian or something.
>
>I'm all for seeing Brendan Frasier as Brad!!!!!

And I /still/ think Fraser is a Rocky. ;)

Liz~

Join the RHPS Costuming Mailing List!

Need a wig? Try http://members.fortunecity.com/sexy_chicken/Wigs/wigs.html

Atlas

Oct 25, 2001, 6:28:48 AM10/25/01
Nicole Kidman as Janet.

Gremlin

Oct 25, 2001, 10:07:00 AM10/25/01
As much as Nightmare before Christmas sucked, there would be a couple of
advantages to making a film that way: it's far cheaper than live action
[although paying people to do the voices is still a factor] and the
merchandising is a lot easier [translate the objects to .dxf and use them
for action figures, et cetera].
Personally, I'd be opposed to doing a film that way; but it would be
nice to be able to recreate the characters in LightWave for websites,
animating them to do whatever you liked.
Regarding the budget: we [Wasted] could do a feature-lengthed animated
film for under five million; depending on the budget for voices and
distribution, eight million would be more than enough to get this done.
Is this thing confirmed yet? imdb.com haven't got anything on it at all.

--Gremlin
gre...@gremlin.net
http://gremlin.net
http://wastedinc.com

Listen to Radio Free Grempire at http://rfg.grem.tv

Join the Wasted, Inc. StreetTeam at http://wastedinc.com/StreetTeam to get
exclusive cool free stuff....
"Martin A. Fairgrieve" <za...@FreeNet.co.uk> wrote in message

Jason Shelton

Oct 25, 2001, 12:12:50 PM10/25/01
Gremlin wrote:

> As much as Nightmare before Christmas sucked, there would be a couple of
> advantages to making a film that way: it's far cheaper than live action
> [although paying people to do the voices is still a factor] and the
> merchandising is a lot easier [translate the objects to .dxf and use them
> for action figures, et cetera].
> Personally, I'd be opposed to doing a film that way; but it would be
> nice to be able to recreate the characters in LightWave for websites,
> animating them to do whatever you liked.
> Regarding the budget: we [Wasted] could do a feature-lengthed animated
> film for under five million; depending on the budget for voices and
> distribution, eight million would be more than enough to get this done.
> Is this thing confirmed yet? imdb.com haven't got anything on it at all.

This whole post just seems like a troll, but I'll answer anyway, I just
can't resist.

First of all, wether you enjoyed Nightmare or not, you have to admit
that it was a work of pure genius, from the music to the characters and
animation. I don't have any dollar figures on hand, but I would guess
that stop motion animation of that caliber would cost as much if not
more than a regular live action movie. And perhaps you cold do a full
length feature for 5 mil. but would it be of the same quality and
caliber as Nightmare? I think not.

--
Jason Shelton
Cast Director

Ruth Fink-Winter

Oct 26, 2001, 12:47:30 AM10/26/01
Good heavens no, not at all.

Richard is merely going to LA to talk with Fox and Adler about this idea to
do a TV movie. It may not happen at all. Richard fished the first night
when we met him to see if we knew anything, then said he couldn't tell us
since we didn't.

He announced it two nights later at the Fab Cafe saying he couldn't keep it
to himself any longer.

So I'd be quite surprised if this was something that was far enough along
that the IMDb would pick it up.

--
Ruth Fink-Winter - Finally in France
Editor, Crazed Imaginations: By Rocky Fans, for Rocky Fans
http://www.crazedimaginations.com
We've Moved! PO Box 95994 - Hoffman Estates, IL 60195-0994 USA

"Gremlin" <ad...@wastedinc.com> wrote in message
{snip}

Toby the Demonic Talking Bat

Oct 25, 2001, 7:04:12 PM10/25/01

> As much as Nightmare before Christmas sucked,

Uh oh, if I wasn't in such a pleasant mood, I would be quite ruffled right
now. :O)

~Toby the Demonic Talking Bat
"The theatre is a black block... argh, I am so anarchist"
-Murphy (he wasn't kidding)

Gremlin

Oct 26, 2001, 5:41:29 AM10/26/01
imdb.com announce things pretty quickly, once they're confirmed. But I also
hadn't seen anything at DarkHorizons.com or aint-it-cool-news.com; and
Harry, especially, will post any rumour he encounters.
But if this is just something O'Brien is considering at the moment, then
that follows.
I guess I'll wait until it's more official to mention it at
http://cei.grem.tv....

Listen to Radio Free Grempire at http://rfg.grem.tv

Join the Wasted, Inc. StreetTeam at http://wastedinc.com/StreetTeam to get
exclusive cool free stuff....

"Ruth Fink-Winter" <rut...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Ruth Fink-Winter

Oct 27, 2001, 3:03:24 AM10/27/01
{cringe}
Gwyneth Paltrow.

Ruth Fink-Winter
"CHEFLARK" <chef...@aol.com> wrote in message

MIBecky

Oct 26, 2001, 7:22:10 PM10/26/01
Ya know, Gremlin, you're cool one on one, but in a forum like this, you have a
tendancy to taste your own ass a bit too often. Y'want fries with that ass?

This is NOT a group that will agree with your "opinion" of Nightmare, and I use
the term "opinion" loosely here, even though it is. Usually an "opinion" has
some facts to back it up, if not, it's more bullshit than opinion. And your
post REEKS!!! I think I can honestly say, on behalf of all of us:

YOU HAVE NO TASTE, AND YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT HERE!

Wow. "Nightmare" sucked? You're the first person I ever met who thought that
film was anything less than pure magic. And I'm talking about artists, film
students, Directors, Producers, etc...

But I guess if you didn't make it yourself, it can't possibly be good, right?

Wow. What a maroon.

MIBecky

In a stunning burst of insight and sensual dexterity <80VB7.20301
$IR4.11...@news1.denver1.co.home.com>, "Gremlin" <ad...@wastedinc.com>
fondled the keyboard, and typed.......

Vegas Eddie

Oct 26, 2001, 8:15:11 PM10/26/01
>As much as Nightmare before Christmas sucked,

Get out
theres the door

RHPSvegas

Oct 26, 2001, 9:03:05 PM10/26/01
<< >As much as Nightmare before Christmas sucked,

Get out
theres the door >>

here's the apostrophe that's missing from that statement --> '

Sean Twomey

Oct 26, 2001, 11:40:22 PM10/26/01
"RHPSvegas" <rhps...@aol.com> wrote in message

> here's the apostrophe that's missing from that statement --> '

No, that's MY apostrophe..... his is down there | |

\/

see... '

ST

Hunter

Oct 26, 2001, 11:52:10 PM10/26/01
I can't *believe* this...every response in here was focused on the first
line. They couldn't get beyond the fact that you didn't like Nightmare
Before Christmas?

~Hunter

Oct 27, 2001, 2:33:34 AM10/27/01
>They couldn't get beyond the fact that you didn't like Nightmare
>Before Christmas?

Well . . . . no.

Just pointing out their own opinions to his opinion. (I happen to agree, the
movie kicks ass.)

"I'm only a paid official! I can't make decisions on my own!!"

Peace, Love, and RO'B,

Hunter

Oct 27, 2001, 2:41:47 AM10/27/01
I don't mind opinions, I just couldn't figure out why some of the other
comments on him, personally, were warranted. But then, I often spend time
trying to figure that out about people.

I spend too much time trying to figure out *people* in general. Perhaps I
should devote more of my time to films, or something? Maybe then I'd like
N.B.C -- wait, that's not going to work as an abbreviation: Nightmare
Before Christmas.

Then again, I *liked* Seven. I seem to be the only person on the planet
[save for this chick in Texas] that *liked* that film....

~Hunter

RHPSvegas

Oct 27, 2001, 4:31:09 AM10/27/01
<< > here's the apostrophe that's missing from that statement --> '

No, that's MY apostrophe..... his is down there | |

\/

see... '>>

All the way down there...

Margaret McAvoy

Oct 27, 2001, 7:30:21 AM10/27/01
To All: I hate it when people shout down other opinions, just because they
don't agree with it. So what if he doesn't like that film, and you do.... so
what?

Anyway, on to my other point...
"Hunter" <hun...@gremlin.net> let his fingers tickle the keyboard as he
wrote:

I LIKED 7! (and I don't live in Texas)

Oct 27, 2001, 12:27:00 PM10/27/01
>To All: I hate it when people shout down other opinions, just because they
>don't agree with it. So what if he doesn't like that film, and you do.... so
>what?

Well, that's why they're called opinions.

They tend to be pretty strong. (As you should know, you just voiced one using
the word "hate", which indicates an extreme position held)

And as far as the "so what if . . . " section of your statement- this NG
functions in great part due to the fact that there's many people who have
extreme feelings toward a movie (RHPS). Shouldn't be surprising if they have
equally strong dedications to others as well. He just happened to hit upon one
of them.

>I LIKED 7!

Until it 8 9, I did too.

But I DID like Se7en. :)

Hunter

Oct 27, 2001, 3:07:47 PM10/27/01
I get the feeling that this isn't the place for 'individuals' with
'opinions' of their very own.

But, hey, wow, two more people. Two more, and I'll actually know more
people who liked Seven, than I do 'decent Christians'.....

~Hunter

Q <diko...@aol.combustible> wrote in message

Oct 27, 2001, 6:28:42 PM10/27/01
Hunter wrote:

>I get the feeling that this isn't the place for 'individuals' with
>'opinions' of their very own.

Of course it is. But those people should be prepared to meet others like them
(but with differing opinions)

>But, hey, wow, two more people. Two more, and I'll actually know more
>people who liked Seven

It has an 8.2 rating on the IMDB, and there are a great deal of people who like
it. Now, if you were talking about something like Ishtar or something- I could
understand the expectation of low numbers. :)

>'decent Christians'

Ooooh. Is that sort of like "Painless Dentistry"?

Margaret McAvoy

Oct 27, 2001, 8:53:34 PM10/27/01

As the moonlit the keyboard and the day faded, Q stirred, and wrote

> >'decent Christians'
>
> Ooooh. Is that sort of like "Painless Dentistry"?

I take offence at that...... I happen to be a Christian. I don't mean to be
uppity, but I do not like generalizations anyway, whomever they be
against....

Oct 27, 2001, 9:10:45 PM10/27/01

>As the moonlit the keyboard and the day faded, Q stirred, and wrote
>> >'decent Christians'
>>
>> Ooooh. Is that sort of like "Painless Dentistry"?

To which Margaret jumped the proverbial gun with:

>I take offence at that...... I happen to be a Christian. I don't mean to be
>uppity, but I do not like generalizations anyway, whomever they be
>against....

Hey, that's cool. Except for the fact that I didn't write it- was only
responding to Hunter's post.

Margaret McAvoy

Oct 27, 2001, 9:19:42 PM10/27/01
Just before the tape self destructed Q threw last energies upon the keys to
write

> Hey, that's cool. Except for the fact that I didn't write it- was only
> responding to Hunter's post.

Well then, my comment is aimed at whomever made the original statement. Not
that its a big deal, I was mearly saying.... sorry, I'll shut up now.....

*sits in corner, quite as a mouse*

*turns around*

*in a meak voice* 'Can I have a lolly pop?'

James Norman

Oct 27, 2001, 9:32:08 PM10/27/01
Yeah Q, but Becky was going about it in a rather nasty way. Because it
didn't equal her taste, the person had NO taste. I agree with her that the
person who posted could really use a point or two about how to phrase their
posts (who around here couldn't?) but I didn't find Becky's response any
more tasteful.

Oh yeah, I have plenty of different tastes and I didn't get past the first
30 minutes of "The Nightmare Before Christmas" Balls out idea, and boring
to watch.

"Q" <diko...@aol.combustible> wrote in message

Oct 28, 2001, 4:12:40 AM10/28/01
James wrote (or rather, typed) :

>Oh yeah, I have plenty of different tastes and I didn't get past the first
>30 minutes of "The Nightmare Before Christmas"

It is an acquired taste, to be sure. Sort of a
David-Letterman-love-him-or-hate-him kind of thing.

For myself, I just love stop animation. It amazes me to no end, so I tend to
like a lot of it. And after a while the songs stick in your head too.

Then again, there's a large number of movies I watch that no one in their right
mind would touch with a cattle prod (and understandably so) so I can't really
say much.

Zenin

Oct 28, 2001, 5:36:54 AM10/28/01
Gremlin <ad...@wastedinc.com> wrote:
: As much as Nightmare before Christmas sucked,

...must...hold back...fist...of...DEATH!!!!

:-)

Others have already commented well enough about this, so I'll stick
to commenting on the items I'm well versed in.

: there would be a couple of advantages to making a film that way: it's far

: cheaper than live action [although paying people to do the voices is still
: a factor]

What makes you think 3D stop motion animation is cheaper (overall)
then live action? Seeing as how you couldn't be any more mistaken
(3D stop motion animation is one of the most expensive ways to
create film possible), I'm rather curious where you've obtained your
information. Do you have a source or is your statement simply the
conjecture of a layman as it would appear?

: and the merchandising is a lot easier [translate the objects to .dxf and

: use them for action figures, et cetera].

You make it sound easy, and maybe it is (I'm not a product
designer), but I have my doubts. How much product design
(particularly toy design) experience did you say you have?

: Personally, I'd be opposed to doing a film that way; but it would be nice

: to be able to recreate the characters in LightWave for websites, animating
: them to do whatever you liked.

You keep referring to 3D computer graphic systems. Why? TNBC was
claymation, not 3D computer graphics. If you're talking about 3D
model scanning, AFAIK (I'm not a 3D computer graphics artist) that's
generally not very useful (accurate) for the small models typically
found used in claymation.

: Regarding the budget: we [Wasted] could do a feature-lengthed animated

: film for under five million; depending on the budget for voices and
: distribution, eight million would be more than enough to get this done.

Again, I'd be very curious were you [Wasted] get your information.
I'd also be curious to know what feature film credits "Wasted
Footage Productions" holds, if any, especially animation credits.

Besides...these days it's hard to shoot 10,000 feet of film with the
lens cap on and not burn through a few million in the process, let
alone actually shooting a real film. Unless you follow the Ed Wood
school of film making (which hey, might just work here:-), I think
your budget ideas are a little off.

: Is this thing confirmed yet? imdb.com haven't got anything on it at all.

Is Wasted Footage Productions a real production company? imdb.com

haven't got anything on it at all.

--
-Zenin (ze...@rhps.org) \ Your Official ORGy sites!! /
The Bawdy Caste (Menlo Park, CA) \ www.bawdycaste.org /

Sean Twomey

Oct 28, 2001, 5:11:18 PM10/28/01

> Ooooh. Is that sort of like "Painless Dentistry"?

Hey, I'm offended by that "Painless Dentistry" comment - I'll have you
know that I don't have very many nerve endings left in my teeth (the
majority of them are synthetic replacements), and therefore, most of the
dental work I recieve these days is completely painless...

ST

Bessie Phillips

Oct 28, 2001, 4:57:45 PM10/28/01

Q wrote:

Ever seen "Meet the Feebles"? Scariest movie ever!

Bessie
...Nudism, the religion of the future.

James Norman

Oct 28, 2001, 7:32:15 PM10/28/01
I think everything cultural more or less is an acquired taste:

<CATALOGUE>
I have a lot of distaste for things some people in this group like (David
Letterman, anything South Park, Evil Dead 1/2, Halloween (insert any
number), Jay or Silent Bob (though to be fair, this is based solely on
Clerks) and Shock Treament, Disco, Disco, Disco, tongue from Richard, Tim
Curry's singing career, Meatloaf's non-Steinman work)

But then again I love a lot of things that this crowd likes too (MOST Tim
Burton related stuff that I've seen, Clockwork Orange, any good horror movie
by Wes Craven...even Scream 3, Army of Darkness, Dame Edna, Gloira Gaynor
singing "I Will Survive", Girl Scout Cookies at Allentown, any Little Nell
songs, The Simpsons, Meatloaf's Steinman work, the Shock Treatment
soundtrack, tongue from Pat (wishful thinking), Bush-bashing, Bill
Clinton-bashing, Hillary Cilnton-Bashing, Lea-Delaria Bashing)
</CATALOGUE>

But taste is rarely universal, and dammit, I want to see Meet the Feebles.
(But you could never pay me enough to watch Divine eat dogshit.)

"Q" <diko...@aol.combustible> wrote in message

James Norman

Oct 28, 2001, 7:35:04 PM10/28/01
Had my wisdom teeth out Friday, and I didn't even need the pain medication.
I've had blood tests that were more painful.

"Sean Twomey" <ryant...@cyberzone.net> wrote in message

Hunter

Oct 28, 2001, 8:31:58 PM10/28/01
> >I get the feeling that this isn't the place for 'individuals' with
> >'opinions' of their very own.
>
> Of course it is. But those people should be prepared to meet others like
them
> (but with differing opinions)

I really don't care about the entire 'differing opinions' thing; I just
don't think people should get attacked over it. Then again, after spending
more than six months occasionally hanging out in a religious debate room,
one /does/ get sick of those sorts of things....

> >But, hey, wow, two more people. Two more, and I'll actually know more
> >people who liked Seven
>
> It has an 8.2 rating on the IMDB, and there are a great deal of people who
like
> it. Now, if you were talking about something like Ishtar or something- I
could
> understand the expectation of low numbers. :)

Not everyone did though, and there are probably some people out there who
liked that 'Ishtar' thing more. But trying to start an argument over it, or
judging someone on the basis of one film, is about as pointless as trying to
debate which of the two Shinings was better [which, I'll admit, is about as
pointless as debating anything regarding theism. ]

> >'decent Christians'
>
> Ooooh. Is that sort of like "Painless Dentistry"?

Something like it. Painless Dentistry occasionally exists; decent
Christians occasionally exist. I've been online since '95; frequenting
religious discussions since '97ish, and have probably met /well/ over a
thousand Christians in the last year alone. I *still* don't have to bring
my second hand into the deal when counting off the number of 'decent'
Christians I've met. And the number of /actual/ Christians [ones who follow
/all/ the rules] is still at zero.

Then again, I probably shouldn't expect them to follow /all/ the rules.

But that's particularly offtopic, and [heh] 'heaven' forbid I actually
exhibit /knowledge/ in here. If you actually wanna discuss this [and I
doubt anyone does], contact me privately, or something.

~Hunter

Hunter

Oct 28, 2001, 8:52:35 PM10/28/01
I have to admit right now that I don't watch nearly enough normal television
to fit in with /any/ 'group' in America today. I've seen Letterman a total
of five times, and while I'll admit he's occasionally funny, it's just
boring. And as far as any of his 'competitors' go, I've never bothered to
watch Leno, and I've watched Conan O'Brien twice, because some friends of
mine were on those nights.

Southpark was interesting until I realised how repetitive it was getting.
Evil Dead 1-3 were /okay/ the first time through, but likely only because I
was in the military, and hadn't seen a film in months at the time.... The
last one was the best of the three, though.

Never seen any of the Halloween films; can't judge. Honestly don't blame
you on the Jay and Silent Bob thing, although I can't fault Kevin Smith at
all. He's doing what he wants to do, and succeeding.

As for everything else you mentioned, again, I don't have nearly enough in
common with the rest of society to fit in anywhere. I read books. Most of
the television I watch is documentaries. Most of the films I watch deal
with serial killers, and I only watch them to see what the writers got
wrong. Most of the books I end up reading are essentially reference
manuals on whatever I happen to be interested in at the time [a weird,
varied, rather frightening list].

And I'll admit, I have no taste whatsoever: I'll drop whatever I'm reading
for whatever Stephen King's just put out.

And as for "Meet the Feebles" -- what in /hell/ is it? If it's really bad,
I might know someone who'd be really interested in subjecting himself to it.

~Hunter

Zenin

Oct 29, 2001, 3:09:48 AM10/29/01
Hunter <hun...@gremlin.net> wrote:
:> >I get the feeling that this isn't the place for 'individuals' with

:> >'opinions' of their very own.
:>
:
: I really don't care about the entire 'differing opinions' thing; I just
: don't think people should get attacked over it.

The difference between an "attack" and a challenge is often simply
perspective. If you're the one being challenged, human instinct
causes many to consider it an "attack".

: Then again, after spending more than six months occasionally hanging out

: in a religious debate room, one /does/ get sick of those sorts of
: things....

If you can't handle someone disagreeing with your opinions, or more
correctly disagreeing with your basis for those opinions and/or your
conclusions, then it's generally recommended to keep your mouth shut
and sit quietly in the corner. To express an position openly is to
invite it to be challenged, period.

It sounds harsh, but hey, that's life; Hardhats required at all
times.

James Norman

Oct 29, 2001, 4:59:03 AM10/29/01
For a rare change I disagree with you Byron. I didn't think either post was
great (actually I was with Becky the two first lines of her post, because I
had made same observations) then she started typing shit that basically
equalled:

A) She spoke for the entire newsgroup (which offended me right there) and
B) Her opinion = fact

I'm not here to start shit with either side of this, it was a bad post on
both sides. But I really get rankled when people tend to look at the
personalities more than the content.

Hell, this entire newsgroup can't even agree on Shock Treatment must less
another movie outside Rocky. (Though an interesting poll question might be
"Did you like both Shock and Nightmare, just one, or did you hate both.")

James (who'd rather sit through "Batman") Norman

"Zenin" <ze...@rhps.org> wrote in message

Zenin

Oct 29, 2001, 6:51:05 AM10/29/01
James Norman <jno...@inficad.com> wrote:
: For a rare change I disagree with you Byron. I didn't think either post

: was great (actually I was with Becky the two first lines of her post,
: because I had made same observations) then she started typing shit that
: basically equalled:
:
: A) She spoke for the entire newsgroup (which offended me right there) and
: B) Her opinion = fact

I'm pretty sure I missed something as I don't have a post in this
thread with Becky's name on it? Maybe my threading indexes are
corrupt (it happens, tin can be stupid when I use multiple servers),
but could someone post (or email me is probably better) the MsgID or
Google link to Becky's message?

: I'm not here to start shit with either side of this, it was a bad post on

: both sides. But I really get rankled when people tend to look at the
: personalities more than the content.

If this all started with a Becky vs Hunter battle, I'm pretty sure I
don't know what the fuck I'm talking about as I know I missed such
an exchange. I thought the discussion seemed oddly threaded... :-P

Sorry all, ignore that last post of mine, at least as relating to
anything in particular.

Arthur Levesque

Oct 29, 2001, 8:15:42 AM10/29/01
Bessie>Ever seen "Meet the Feebles"? Scariest movie ever!

I was recently subjected to "Barbarella." Much more painful to
watch.
--
/\ Arthur M Levesque 2A4W <*> b...@boog.orgy =/\= http://boog.org __
\B\ack King of the Potato People <fnord> "Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!" (oO)

Arthur Levesque

Oct 29, 2001, 8:16:53 AM10/29/01
Hunter>And as for "Meet the Feebles" -- what in /hell/ is it? If it's
Hunter>really bad, I might know someone who'd be really interested in
Hunter>subjecting himself to it.

Sort of an R-rated version of "The Muppet Show"

MIBecky

Oct 29, 2001, 2:53:47 PM10/29/01
Hunter, Gremlin, James, Zenin, ETC... (Sorry, didn't mean to rhyme, but wasn't
that neat?)

I was going to confine my words to Gremlin and Hunter in a private email, after
waiting a bit so they didnt' think I was full of shit, but it appears I've
offended more than just those two people. I also offended myself.

This isnt' an excuse, nor is it a plea for pity, so please dont' offer any, I
don't deserve it. I've had some evil badness occur in my life recently,
private stuff, stuff for which I was emotionally unprepared. And that's saying
alot - I'm one of those REALLY TOUGH people, stuff doesn't usually touch me
like that. I can count the instances stuff has affected me on one hand. I
took some strong emotions out on my husband and Gremlin and Hunter (In private
email, mostly).

I am deeply ashamed of this. I ask your forgiveness as a group, and as
individuals. Some things I've said recently on and off the NG are completely
out of character, completely uncalled for, and did damage without doing any
good. I vented at the NG, and at Gremlin and Hunter (and Rodica, too!) for
stuff you guys had nothign at all to do with. I blew some things out of
proportion, which is something I always consciously try to prevent in myself
and others.

Please accept my apology, or if you can't, understand that this won't happen
again. When I realize I am wrong, I apologize. I'm big enough to do that.
Hopefully, I didn't do any irreparable damage. I will not always agree with
what you say and do, but I can at least keep my posts in proportion, and not as
insulting and rude as they have been the past couple of posts.

With all humility and sincerity,
MIBecky "I seem to have stuffed my head up my rectum" Roberts

denve...@hotmail.com

Oct 29, 2001, 3:12:27 PM10/29/01
:)

Rodica "doing the Happy Happy Joy Joy dance in her office at work..."

In article <vhwvnfnn72...@news.rockynewsgroup.org>, MIBecky says...

geena phillips

Oct 29, 2001, 11:38:12 PM10/29/01
>From: "Hunter" hun...@gremlin.net

>I can't *believe* this...every response in here was focused on the first
>line. They couldn't get beyond the fact that you didn't like Nightmare
>Before Christmas?

Because it's such an enormous lapse in any aesthetic sense whatsoever, that
it makes everything else he says extremely suspect.

Geena -- Worrier Princess

"If you want me to be brutally honest, I think you just have a morbid desire to
burn in Hell."

--Dr. Alex Cross (Morgan Freeman), in Along Came A Spider

Sean Twomey

Oct 30, 2001, 3:48:29 AM10/30/01
WOOOHOOO!!! Somebody was a bad girl...Spanking time!!! :-) Me first...
Bad Becky! <spank> :-)

ST

"MIBecky" <MISit...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Sean Twomey

Oct 30, 2001, 3:53:55 AM10/30/01
Y'know, I'm actually kind fond of Barbarella... It's definitely cheesy, but
how can you argue with a scene where a chick overheats an orgasm machine?
:-) Especially when you see it for the first time when you're only twelve...
I've seen it more than nine times, and I still find it amusing.

ST

"Arthur Levesque" <meist...@boog.org> wrote in message

MIBecky

Oct 30, 2001, 12:20:11 PM10/30/01
In a stunning burst of insight and sensual dexterity <nPtD7.1372
$r5.10...@newsfeed1.thebiz.net>, "Sean Twomey" <ryant...@cyberzone.net>
fondled the keyboard, and typed.......

> WOOOHOOO!!! Somebody was a bad girl...Spanking time!!! :-) Me first...
> Bad Becky! <spank> :-)
>
> ST

HEHE!!! MORE!!!! MORE!!!! I'VE BEEN VERY, VERY BAD!!!

MIBecky

Alex Hoffman

Oct 30, 2001, 1:54:27 PM10/30/01
In article <jUtD7.1373$r5.10...@newsfeed1.thebiz.net>, "Sean Twomey"
<ryant...@cyberzone.net> says...

> Y'know, I'm actually kind fond of Barbarella... It's definitely cheesy, but
> how can you argue with a scene where a chick overheats an orgasm machine?
> :-) Especially when you see it for the first time when you're only twelve...
> I've seen it more than nine times, and I still find it amusing.

I think the WORST movie I've ever been forced to watch was Frankenhooker....
anyone ever seen it?

(DISCLAIMER: "worst" is a term on enderement. I LOVE really BAD movies!)

-Alex

--
Alexander M. Hoffman
Interchangeable Parts

geena phillips

Oct 30, 2001, 2:37:35 PM10/30/01
>From: Alex Hoffman Super...@yahoo.com

>In article <jUtD7.1373$r5.10...@newsfeed1.thebiz.net>, "Sean Twomey"
><ryant...@cyberzone.net> says...
>> Y'know, I'm actually kind fond of Barbarella... It's definitely cheesy,
>but
>> how can you argue with a scene where a chick overheats an orgasm machine?
>> :-) Especially when you see it for the first time when you're only
>twelve...
>> I've seen it more than nine times, and I still find it amusing.
>

>I think the WORST movie I've ever been forced to watch was Frankenhooker....
>anyone ever seen it?
>
>(DISCLAIMER: "worst" is a term on enderement. I LOVE really BAD movies!)

Hey; next con I go to, I'm BRINGING some of that Super-crack!

Beverly Gerrish

Oct 30, 2001, 4:47:57 PM10/30/01
I love Frankenhooker!!!! Ive just bought it on DVD!! Get MIBecky to send you
the link to their Columbias Elizabeth costume. Its awesome beyond belief!
Bev

--
Give yourself over to Absolute Pleasure T-Shirts!!

MIBecky

Oct 30, 2001, 5:27:48 PM10/30/01
In a stunning burst of insight and sensual dexterity
<gcxx0yj7mb...@news.rockynewsgroup.org>, Beverly Gerrish
<olds...@qwest.net> fondled the keyboard, and typed.......

I sent them off to Alex! For anyone who'se interested, do a search on our site
www.midnightinsanity.com - there's a link for "Search the Site" at the bottom -
for "Frankenhooker". There are at least 3 pics. She looks AMAZING!

(:
MIBecky

Richard Davidson

Oct 30, 2001, 5:43:46 PM10/30/01
In article <1kzt6pd013o...@news.rockynewsgroup.org>, Alex Hoffman
says...

>I think the WORST movie I've ever been forced to watch was Frankenhooker....
>anyone ever seen it?
>
>(DISCLAIMER: "worst" is a term on enderement. I LOVE really BAD movies!)

FRANKENHOOKER is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. And all I've got
left to say is "Pretzels good!"

See you round like a record,
Richard Davidson
Bawdy Caste, The Park Theatre, Menlo Park, CA
http://www.bawdycaste.org

"I love my gay male friends and all, but, when I was a little girl, I always
wished that I'd be surrounded by gorgeous guys... and I should have been more
specific."
Margaret Cho, I'M THE ONE THAT I WANT

Sean Twomey

Oct 31, 2001, 1:41:24 AM10/31/01
(Damn, my arm's getting tired...)

ST

"MIBecky" <MISit...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Abby NorMal

Oct 31, 2001, 6:57:59 AM10/31/01
OKAY! This thread is just proving that we are JUST NOT RIGHT!

DON'T YOU LOVE IT?
HOOPLA!
Linda 'Nightshade'
of Philly's Transylvanian Nipple Productions
www.transylvanians.org

Arthur Levesque

Oct 31, 2001, 8:15:01 AM10/31/01
Sean Twomey (ryant...@cyberzone.net) wrote:
> (Damn, my arm's getting tired...)

< insert masturbation joke here >

Sean Twomey

Nov 1, 2001, 10:59:41 AM11/1/01

> < insert masturbation joke here >

<Holds up first two fingers on his left hand>
Q. Why should women masturbate with these two fingers?

A. Because they're mine...

ST