HELP - Where did this quote come from.

terl

Jul 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/8/00
Where did this quote come from-

"Does needle dick, the bug f***er mean anything to you"

I am sure it was from Aliens where they are having a go at Beck just after
he locks Ripply and the girl in Med Lab.

I am sure I have seen it in Aliens once but have never found a version since
that has had it in.

Does anyone know for sure if it was from Aliens? If not does anyone know
where it comes from?

Regards
Terl

The Fuzz

Jul 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/9/00

It's not from any version of Aliens that was ever released to my
knowledge, and it wasn't in the script (which has a bit of
altered/deleted dialogue). I think either you've just managed to make
something up, or you heard it in a different film.

--
*The Fuzz*
You are about to begin reading The Fuzz's new sig. Relax.
| http://www.ozemail.com.au/~randrgrant
\ / "The very head and front of my offending
-- O O -- Hath this extent. Rude am I in my speech
/ \ And little blessed with the soft phrase of peace..."
_| |_

Greg Kilburn

Jul 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/9/00
Hello everyone. I heard Bette Midler say this line in the movie
Outrageous Fortune. It occurred after the Peter Coyote character is
supposedly killed and she and Shelley Long have to identify the body. I
think she says this line to the morgue attendant or possibly a cop. Of
course this line could have been used again in another movie but I know
for sure it was used in this one.

Greg

Waldoou812

Jul 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/9/00
>"Does needle dick, the bug f***er mean anything to you"
>
>I am sure it was from Aliens where they are having a go at Beck just after
>he locks Ripply and the girl in Med Lab.
>
>I am sure I have seen it in Aliens once but have never found a version since
>that has had it in.
>
>Does anyone know for sure if it was from Aliens? If not does anyone know
>where it comes from?

I know <exactly> where it comes from, and boy are you going to be surprised.
It's actually from one of my favorite comedies, and from one of the funniest
comedic scenes ever filmed. The movie was called "Outrageous Fortune," and
starred Bette Midler and Shelly Long as two women who are used (and then
dumped, in a very creative way) by an ex-spy (played by Peter Coyote).

(Spoiler below)

The spy in question seduces Long's character (a ballerina/wannabe actress) and
Midler's (also a wannabe actress) for some quick and dirty sex, but both are
women end up falling in love with him. In the process of dumping them (and
also for other reasons, I'm sure, which are are only implied in the movie), the
spy fakes his own death by walking into a tobacco shop which almost immediately
after blows up.

The two women, suitably broken up by the apparent death, go to the morgue to
identify the body which by now is nothing more than a lump of charcoal. In the
process of crying over him, the two run into each other, realize that each one
was an ex-lover, argue over who the guy really "loved," and end up fighting.
During the fight, the sheet gets pulled off the body, revealing the one portion
of the guy's anatomy which was fried to a crisp. The two immediately realize
the dead guy isn't their ex-boyfriend (Midler's character holds up a pinky by
way of explanation).

The two immediately go to the local police station to try and get the police to
help find the guy, and their reasoning for why the body is not the boyfriend's
sends the sergeant (?- not sure- might have been a lieutenant or the captain,
even) into hysterics. It's a pretty funny scene, actually, with the two women
trying to find a nice way to say that the ex- was well endowed, whereas the
dead guy wasn't. The last thing Midler's character says (prior to the two of
them being thrown out of the station is, "Does the term 'needle dick,' or 'bug
fucker' mean anything to you?"

I highly suggest you rent it, if you haven't seen it.

Waldo

keyk...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2016, 12:04:25 PM3/13/16
I heard this when I was a kid and I'm 62. It may have been in more recent movies but it's definitely been around for quite some time.

mypl...@gmail.com

Jul 27, 2016, 4:11:13 PM7/27/16
On Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 9:04:25 AM UTC-7, keyk...@gmail.com wrote:
> I heard this when I was a kid and I'm 62. It may have been in more recent movies but it's definitely been around for quite some time.

I heard this in the mid- 70s, and I'm 61

brenn...@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2020, 2:48:39 PM2/10/20
I'm 65 and I remember my husband saying when we were teens.

Steve Smith

Jun 19, 2022, 10:08:45 AM6/19/22

Steve Smith

Jun 19, 2022, 10:09:55 AM6/19/22
On Monday, February 10, 2020 at 2:48:39 PM UTC-5, brenn...@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm 65 and I remember my husband saying when we were teens.
This was a prevalent insult when I was in the Marines in the early 60's

Bonn1770

Nov 16, 2023, 11:43:45 PM11/16/23
On Sunday, June 19, 2022 at 7:09:55 AM UTC-7, Steve Smith wrote:
> On Monday, February 10, 2020 at 2:48:39 PM UTC-5, .com wrote:
> > I'm 65 and I remember my husband saying when we were teens.
> This was a prevalent insult when I was in the Marines in the early 60's
I saw it on some bathroom graffiti along with a drawing of a mosquito dick back in the lat e 80s.