Painter Essentials: newsgroup?

Terry Pinnell

Dec 18, 2011, 9:26:54 AM12/18/11
Can anyone point me to a newsgroup where I can raise the following
question please, if it's inappropriate here?

--------------------

I have Painter Essentials 4.0.1.58. Works fine with JPGs, but strange
behaviour with some BMPs. If I saved the BMP from PaintShop Pro 8, I
always get an error message when I try to open it in PE4:
"Painter Essentials 4 cannot open this bitmap file."
But if I then open that BMP in IrfanView and resave it, then PE4 is happy
with it.

Given that PSP8 and PE4 are both Corel products, that seems ironic as well
as puzzling.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK