Dream 3D User's Guide?

John Prince

Feb 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/13/99
Could someone tell me where I can find a Dream3D 8 User's Guide, if
there is indeed one?

Please e-mail me if you have any information.

Thanks!

John

Gary Wooding

Feb 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/15/99
Alas, I have the academic version with no manuals, but noticed that
install CD 3 contains several manuals in Envoy format - one of which
is for Dream3D, which is better than nothing but not as good as dead
trees. Can someone with the official Corel User Guide tell me if it
includes Dream3D and PhotoPaint, 'cos Corel sell the User Guide for
about 21 UKP.

Gary Wooding

The message <5258-36C...@newsd-211.iap.bryant.webtv.net>
from pri...@webtv.net (John Prince) contains these words:

Dwight and/or Sherry Dulsky

Feb 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/16/99

Gary Wooding wrote in message <199902151...@zetnet.co.uk>...

>Alas, I have the academic version with no manuals, but noticed that
>install CD 3 contains several manuals in Envoy format - one of which
>is for Dream3D

There is no hard copy 3D manual available. I have also not had much luck in
finding any 3rd party type manuals either.

However, the Castle Tutorial with the Envoy viewer is quite informative as a
quick overview. There are also a number of tutorial exercises published over
the past few years in Corel Magazine.

Corel Magazine is offering a basic CorelDream 3D online course for about
$34.95 starting March 1st. Check out their website: http://www.corelmag.com

Dwight Dulsky

Gary Wooding

Feb 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/21/99
I've glanced through the D3D tutorial and particularly noticed the
following sentence on page 3:

"In this tutorial, you will build and render the castle shown to the
right. Before you start, be sure to read the CorelDREAM 3D Interface
in the online Help or the Corel DRAW User’s Manual."

I've just spent my hard earned cash on getting the official Draw 8
Photopaint 8 User Guides from Corel, but can find no mention of the
Dream 3D interface in either of them. Is the tutorial just wong, or
am I missing something?

Gary Wooding.

The message <7adbpj$25q$1...@remarQ.com>
from "Dwight and/or Sherry Dulsky" <dul...@comcat.com> contains
these words:

Dwight and/or Sherry Dulsky

Feb 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/22/99

Gary Wooding wrote in message <199902211...@zetnet.co.uk>...

>I've glanced through the D3D tutorial and particularly noticed the
>following sentence on page 3:
>
>"In this tutorial, you will build and render the castle shown to the
>right. Before you start, be sure to read the CorelDREAM 3D Interface
>in the online Help or the Corel DRAW User’s Manual."

I think they are referring to the "Contents" section of the "Help" menu in
Dream 3D. This is about as close as you'll get to an online manual. For easy
reference, I printed these pages out. This will give you some general
background as to the terminology. The Castle tutorial will put it into
practice.

As far as CorelDraw goes, again I think they are referring to the fact that
there are many basic conventions between the overall interface of Draw,
Photopaint and Dream 3D. Specifically, you need to be familiar with the
"bezier" tool in draw as it is the main drawing tool in Dream 3D.

Hope this helps.

Dwight Dulsky

David Carter

Feb 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/23/99
Disk 3 of the CorelDRAW8 Suite contains an online manual for CorelDREAM 3D.
It is CDDrive:\DOCUMENTS\Dream3d.evy

It is a 200+ page document with a page-linked index (you can "browse" the
document).

The disk 3 DOCUMENTS directory also contains several other goodies that are
often overlooked.

You need to have the Envoy viewer installed from disk 1

David Carter
dcar...@idt.net

Gary Hand

Feb 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/24/99
An excellent book for Dream3D is "The Ray Dream Handbook" by Craig Patchett &
John Sledd, copyright 1997, ISBN 1-886801-09-6 and offered by Charles River
Media, Inc. I think I picked mine up at CompUSA, but you should be able to
order it at any decent bookstore. Although it's written for Fractal Designer
(Macromedia) RayDream Designer, the interface and function is almost exactly
the same as CD3D version 7. It comes with a CD full of goodies and is well
worth the $40.00. Hope this helps.

Joxter the Mighty

Feb 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/24/99
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1886801363/customcreationwe
You can get it at the above link!

Joxter

Gary Hand wrote:

--
Great Graphics Batman! Is this site for Real?

praveen....@gmail.com

Dec 2, 2015, 7:57:59 AM12/2/15